1.1/5 (13 ratings)

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

About Monex Gold

Monex is a precious metals investment company that helps buyers diversify their portfolios. Monex’s marketplace lets you buy, sell and invest in an array of precious metals, including gold, platinum and palladium. The company provides real-time pricing and small and large transaction volume options.

Find Gold Dealers partners near you

Monex Gold Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monex Gold?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Monex Gold?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2015

On or about July 28, 2015 speaking with Benjamin at MONEX I purchased a monster box of Silver Maple Leaf coins. My payment was received promptly (within 3 business days), yet as of today Aug 10, 2015 they are still holding my money and purchase. After several ignored emails and calls, I finally got through to Benjamin. I learned his emails do not got to him, but are selectively filtered to him. After talking with their competitors (Kitco), I learned transactions mostly settle within 5 business days. I find it alarming Monex is still holding my money and purchase.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2015

I bought 10 oz. of gold bar online with request of shipping to my address. Then I did send a check to Monex for deposit in full amount on July 2nd. After 2 weeks of waiting I call the rep who names as Frank **, he tells me that my check has been accepted but he doesn't know the reason of the delay and then he promises giving a call but never. I decided to pick up my order at Brink's in Los Angeles after waiting for more than 1 week and Frank ** still don't know when I can get it. He also gave me a promise as giving some coins as a courtesy for the delay! Things that I didn't see when I picked up my item in Los Angeles on August. In general, it took more than 1 month for buying 10 oz. of gold from Monex with a lot of call to the representative from July 2nd 2015 to August 3rd. People should be aware of my bad experience with Monex and decide what you should do! Good luck.

Original review: April 17, 2013

This is the worst company I have ever come into contact with. I personally lost over 50g in a few short weeks with the help of Mr. David **. They are blatantly deceptive in their sales and marketing practices. They will tell you any lie to get you to believe they can make you a lot of money on margin in the Atlas Account. But instead you will lose almost everything you put in, and they will keep lying and scamming as long as they can convince you to keep sending them money. I have never heard of anyone who has made money in the Atlas Account, but there are plenty of lawsuits against the Carabini's and their con-artist salesmen. Monex was ejected from the NFA and the CFTC in the 80's for excessive customer lawsuits. Do not send this company money for any reason!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2009

I can only say that my experience with this company was good. Sean called me and kept me informed each step. I ordered my coins, and they were delivered to my door in 1 week just like I was told.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2009

My brother and I invested in gold with Monex. Mr. ** promised to make us "a lot of money" if we invested with them. After a few years of ups and downs, the market recovered so we decided to sell only to find that our investments were reduced by broker’s fees and interest. I understand there were charges for transactions and storage fees for storing our gold with them. My complaint is they didn't disclose these charges until we went to collect and then we’re told, "Well, you knew you could lose your investment." We each lost more than half of our investments and seek restitution.

Monex Gold Company Information

4910 Birch Street
    Newport Beach
    www.monex.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: