1.33/5
Based on 43 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

44 EOS CCA Debt Collection Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

They call me relentlessly for months and every time I answer they ask my date of birth and I refuse to give it out and this time the lady simply replies "oh no problem, we"ll contact you in another way." So I do some research and find out they're a debt collection agency although they wouldn't give me any info about who they are or even what they want. I have no established credit and everything is in my wife's name. Come get you some. I'm expecting a letter in the mail but dont believe they can attack my wife's credit or our home since the house is in her name and the supposed debt is in mine. I guess time will tell, I've dealt with other agencies years ago and am not scared. I appreciate all these reviews notifying me of there lies and tactics as well as their brutalness.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I have a $109 Comcast debt that has been haunting me since 2011. The statute of limitations has run, I never owed it in the first place. I actually have the paper that proves I purchased my modem and did not ever owe Comcast $109 for not returning a modem. But one bill collector must sell this erroneous debt to another. I'm a lawyer and they still won't pay attention. They input the debt to my credit report; that is how I discovered it. I've written twice and provided all the documentation but it seems to make no difference. I want to file a small claims lawsuit against them, but they aren't registered as a business in Washington State, at least not that I can find. That's another reason to give this outfit a bad rating.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

The phone number ** called me multiple times to my cell phone. I was at work and unable to answer. They did not leave a voicemail, so I never called back. I later spoke to my son, who is apartment shopping, and asked if this was a number I should answer to give a reference for him. He said he didn't recognize it, but called it to find out who they were. He got the name EOS CCA, but they would not tell him who they were or why they called. I do not have any outstanding debts that I am aware of. I blocked the number so I do not get interrupted at work.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I am being harassed by them numerous times, and I am really going to advice people to beware of the ** that work there, who don't have any patience for the consumers. She kept Yelling and Screaming, as she is above and beyond everybody else, and when I asked her to hang on, she ** about what she was telling me, to which I had already explained her that hold on a second, just let me get my credit card out, but NOOOO... SHE WAS A CRAZY **. I am not interested in dealing with this company anymore, and I will be filing a case against them if they intend to harass me or don't give up in calling me again and again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

They got MY cell phone and MY home phone number from somewhere that my husband didn't even give out the numbers. Funny enough the number they got wasn't a number we had up until recently (like within the last year) and this was a debt from August 2016... How the heck did they get BOTH numbers? I called Verizon directly, they gave me a different number than what is on the "statement" I got from ESO CCA and I told Verizon I'm NOT paying this company and I'm paying Verizon directly. The people I spoke to completely understood. The other thing, they didn't even show the "settlement amount" that ESO CCA was willing to give us. I felt like this was/is a SCAM and I refused to pay this company. Thanks to Verizon the debt is paid, now we shall see what happens.

Anytime I spoke to this EOS CCA "debt collection company" they were rude as heck and wouldn't talk to me since the account was underneath my husband's name. I just called them to let them know the account is paid off THROUGH Verizon only. Lady wouldn't speak to me at all. DON'T DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!!! It's FAKE!!! Horrible Company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about EOS CCA Debt Collection Services?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

CRA has recently sought out criminal activities in India, now it's time to look in our own backyard! I have been getting many phone calls on my cellphone from a Bell dept. that was paid directly to Bell over three years ago. This company sends out a robot all and then someone calls threatening to put a lien on my house, they are rude and nasty. This has to stop! #'s 647 797-8650, 647 931-3517.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Gentleman called stating I have an old AT&T bill from 2012 for $145 for my last bill & my early termination fees were paid. Stated they have been sending me bills but could not confirm my current address. Very poor English & kept repeating himself. Weird, strange noises in the background unusual to what you hear in a "business type environment." After further inquiry with inappropriate responses, sounded very fishy & much like some scam. They will not be getting any money out of me.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I received a phone from EOS CCA about 5 months ago stated I had a Verizon bill outstanding. Which I did and I quickly set payment arrangements up with them. I paid every payment on time until it was paid in full. Now all I want is to have it removed from my credit report, which I was told they do not and will not do. It will stay on my credit for 7 years. I don't understand how they have the power to put it on but won't take it off once they get all of their money. Either way my credit didn't improve so it makes me wish I would have just left the debt unpaid. Sad when you finally start doing the right things and you still have to pay.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

This company is a total scam. I just received a letter from them saying they are collecting for CenturyLink. It says I owe 362.84 but they are willing to settle for 262.84 if I pay right away. It's totally fake. I actually use CenturyLink, and am completely current with them. In fact I am using CenturyLink internet to post this review. I haven't checked my credit yet to see if they placed any bogus charges on there, but I will be reporting this to the police.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I have made arrangement 4 years ago to pay back my student loans and have been paying increments of $5000 yearly... which is more than I was supposed to. EOS is now calling me for payment... that I don't owe them. To top it off they call my cell first then call my WORK which is illegal. Every time I answer my office phone... no one is on the other end. Where do we file complaints?!?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I contacted them regarding a debt that is affecting my credit score, the lady I spoke with was unprofessional. I don't like giving my social to anyone over the phone! You don't identify yourself, your whole attitude is extremely rude, and you won't let me speak to a manager. I got hung up on by you which only makes me not want to deal with you at all. I understand you have to do your job and verify for your records, but you don't have to be extremely unprofessional and rude cutting me off when I talk not allowing me to finish one question.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I noticed a collection for $73 placed on my credit report by EOS CCA. I have NEVER been a CenturyLink customer so this was alarming. I called EOS CCA and requested my account number, I then called CenturyLink to verify the information and CenturyLink was able to tell me that the account number EOS had given me never had been a valid account number, they also couldn't find any accounts under my name/address/ssn. Furthermore, CenturyLink told me that they have never sold their collection accounts to EOS CCA. I called EOS CCA back and spoke to the biggest jackass who claimed he was a "manager" however, he refused to verify the information on the alleged account and refused to give me his employee ID number. I disputed this account with all 3 bureaus & it was promptly removed from my credit reports. This company is a complete FRAUD.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I have received several phone calls from EOS Canada. Never a message, They just call. I have made an attempt to answer, but because these calls are computer dialed, There is a pause, at which I am not waiting for someone to say Hello. Not sure why they are calling. I did file a consumer proposal 5 years ago, which has been taken care of. There were no disputes between the creditors. My credit rating is back up to over 750. No idea why these people are calling my number. Maybe they are looking for me, I have no idea. You would think if someone was looking for money, I would receive a letter beforehand, just makes sense. My address has not changed in 10 years. So, I have no idea. Any thoughts?

Original review: May 24, 2018

When contacted by EOS to pay a bill they tacked on 3 different "charges" on top of my debt owed. They then added each of these charges to my credit score separately, making it look like I owed more and impacting my score significantly. I called them to make payment arrangements and agreed to pay it off last year. I was just now contacted in May 2018 by another agency on the same debt which I thought was closed out. Seems EOS just took the money for their charges and then dumped my account. They made a quick buck off of me and left me hanging. This is going to the Attorneys General of my state, their state and the Federal Gov't. Unacceptable!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I have NO idea who has sold a "debt" to these people or who they are. No one has contacted me about owing a debt to anyone, yet these people have filed with a credit company for an amount that has gone from $628.00 to $630.00 in just a week. I have NO idea who I would owe $628.00 to. How is this legal?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Recently I received a notification from Transunion that my credit score had gone down. Confused because I pay my bills, I looked up what had caused my credit score to go down. There was this company who had opened an account on 6/17. I thought how odd you have placed a derogatory mark on my credit yet you have never contacted me. In fact I had no idea who you were until I looked it up online.. It seems that if you are going to destroy someone's credit you would have the decency to alert the person and let them know you have purchased an account. Who does business like this, and why don't you allow someone the opportunity to pay the bill instead of just destroying their credit. Because of this the bill will be paid to the direct creditor and not to these people.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

They keep adding a debt to my name that is not mine and I keep disputing and having it removed and I am about to file charges. A friend moved into my apartment and I disconnected my service with Time Warner for my friend to transfer their service to my address, prior to disconnecting the service, it must be paid in full so I paid my bill and cancelled my account. I opened a new account later after my friend moved out so, I obviously was in good standing. They keep adding this collection account to my credit and ruining my credit. My account was paid in full and closed so these charges are not mine and I will not hesitate to take this collection company to court along with Time Warner. I won't pay anyone money that is not owed to them and will not pay for someone else's screw up. This is not a collection, this is fraud!

Original review: June 23, 2017

I have been receiving calls from EOS Canada. I returned one call and was asked if this was Mr. (MUFFLED) I requested they spell this name and one rude boy told me he was illiterate. I have not nor will ever answer this number. I want to complain about--1-647-797-8650; 1-647-691-6140; 1-204-800-2192. I don't need this crap.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I have received threatening letters from this company over the years now. They are telling me how much I paid for my house and when I bought it and they are going to put a lien against my house but they cannot send me a copy of the file they have on me stating who I owed... They claimed it's the Ministry of Finance 030-Bursary Child Care... My son is 30 year. Are kidding me. They need to stop... I am sending a copy of this letter to the Ministry of Finance... I will be taking this letter because I feel threatened and I do not feel safe anymore in my home.

Original review: May 31, 2017

My husband has been receiving calls from this number. The associate who calls is beyond rude. The first time he called he asked for my husband’s social security number, to which it was not given out. He has called again and said this time it has to do with stolen merchandise that my husband has in his possession. There is nothing farther from the truth on this. The first time he called was from a different number. When I did a reverse call lookup, it came up as a scam. The associate that called was named Don. There has to be something done about the way these people call and can be extremely rude.

Original review: April 25, 2017

This collection agency after confirming my identity and my explaining that I could not but would and will pay an outstanding ticket as soon as I possibly can and am able. As I was put on leave from a non union, no benefits job until I am cleared medically to return and had been successfully accepted by Disability (ODSP) to pay for my nearly $1000 monthly (EVEN after trillium's minuscule rebate return)... I explained to 3 different collection agents that have been calling that since I was injured I've been out of work, lost my residence, and many days have to worry about where my next meal comes from and where to cook it. But will pay as soon as I can, just that I have other priorities that have to come 1st.

Two of these EOS Collections agents whom were beyond rude, belligerent. While one threatened the following in a more polite tone of voice and only slightly worded her threat differently, the other made his threat almost verbatim and went as far as calling me a liar or whatever I'm supposed to take from "I don't need any proof to justify your excuses to skip payment to the city of Toronto who we now represent and are calling you on behalf of."

AFTER I offered to fax, email medical documents to provide proof from the doctors and specialists that were, are, and will be involved in my ongoing treatment as proof. Which now, I recently just learned may involve "minor" and only slightly invasive neurosurgery, having my skull re-broken to "correct" an area about an inch in diameter, just below the crown of my skull which set wrong and inward towards my brain and may cause issues over the next few months and will be an issue in coming years if not corrected. That I have and suffer from an invisible illness, a complex seizure disorder... I had a major seizure less than a month after being ticketed {which I intended to fight in court originally}, falling backward 3 times, fracturing my skull and amongst the lesser of my being treated for my injuries during my 5 day stay (according to specialists now say I should not have been released so soon) in hospital as a result.

I received 6 stitches in the back of my skull and was told by doctors to keep stress levels low, not watch television, use computer or smart devices for whatever a "minimum of 8-16 weeks" is supposed to mean while I recover from the severe concussion, fractured skull and had my anti-convulsant medication increased slowly to reduce my seizure activity... But forget sob story...

I made it clear to 2 of 3 collections agents that I will pay the outstanding ticket as soon as I possibly can, that I am out of work and currently waiting on a disability claim. I have been threatened... called a liar AFTER offering to provide proof in the forms of documentation of the medical treatments I have been and am still receiving, contact info of the clinics hospitals and doctors involved. As well as my offering to provide and sign a waiver so the collections company (EOS) may have access to my health information and history as it pertains to dates and my inability to work for more than a few months.

As I said earlier... The agents of collections agency in question refused to accept any proof. Threatened me "if you do not pay us within the next 60 days, your file will be upgraded and we will make it very hard or next to impossible for you to clear any kind credit check never mind get an apartment or residence of your own." Calling me frequently, needlessly using trickery to confirm my identity which I have not denied. Calling me as many as 4-7 times repetitively back to back within seconds of each attempt and my already speaking to them once for the day.

One occasion they called me 4 times in the am, 3 times in the afternoon, and non stop calls from just after 8 p.m till just before or after 9 p.m., though spoke with and explained my health, recovery issues and that night was sleeping on a couch but was going to a shelter because I had to be monitored and not left without supervision because of concussion and seizure symptoms returning and not being readmitted to hospital unless shelter didnt have an emergency bed for me. I've gone from fearing a bad mark against my credit hurting my ability to find an apartment to being so outraged and angry about being threatened, called a liar. And no interest from or by EOS in learning that I and others may simply have some other priorities to handle before giving into demanding threats.

I am now recording any and all calls from any unrecognized numbers that call me. But now have blocked all known numbers from/of their company on and in my phone's settings. Going as far as searching EOS contact numbers online and adding them to blocked list. And today warned them of a criminal harassment complaint being filed should I ever be called and spoken to rudely, and will seek possible civil actions should I be threatened in any way again. That I am and will be recording any calls. That I consider any calls from them as criminal harassment knowing that they have my email contact information and informed them to contact me only through that medium. But I've told them this before and they ignored...

When I've asked to speak with a supervisor am either hung up on, left on hold for 20-40 minutes. Or rudeness turns belligerence before hanging up on me. Once being hung up on when I asked if all calls are recorded on their end, may I have a copy or speak to whomever is authorized to make such a decision so I may inquire about that and all calls from them to me since they first began calling me... I dont know what to do. When I saw all this online complaints about them... I am now of the mind to pay whom I owe directly after I've let them know who they speak to, threaten, and refuse to acknowledge and accept barriers that some people really do have at times, while never intending to "skip payments on a debt".

Original review: April 17, 2017

I have got threatening calls from this "company". They have threatened to sue my "ass" off. They have threatened to take my full pay (I don't work due to a disability) and take my home (my motorhome) away as well as my van. Uhm, no you can't remove a person's only living space which is mobile let alone the only vehicle that can be used to get to places that motorhomes cannot go. I have told them flat out to quit calling because I will pay the company that I have the debt with. They have even threatened to have my Driver License revoked. Oh, a GOVERNMENT DISABILITY PENSION IS NOT GARNISHABLE.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

On 12/21/16 I received a "Notice of Collection Placement" letter from EOS CCA. I know a lot of people say this but I have never been late or missed a payment in my 54 years. I phoned the number on the letter 844-378-9600 over a 7 day span of time - each day speed dialing at least 50 times per day. The phone never supplied a person to speak to and did not allow me to leave a voice message - it just says all customer service are busy call back at a later time.

I finally GOOGLED the company and got a different phone number where a live person answered. I was informed that this bill was from services rendered by ORKIN in 12/01/2009. I informed the person at EOS that if I owed ORKIN for services I would have paid it in full - and why am I just receiving something via mail 7 years later. EOS transferred me to Rollin Acceptance Corp who transferred me to Manassas ORKIN where no one answered with a disconnect. I phoned Manassas ORKIN selecting sales (they always answer) - they could not find the account so they transferred me back to Rollins who transferred me back to EOS. The person at EOS said, "Pay the bill and this will go away." I am not going to be strong-armed to pay a bill I do not owe. This is absolutely crazy. There is no one to speak to in order to get this resolved.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I have been receiving calls from EOS Canada. I do understand why they are calling. My complaint is that I am sick and tired of having them hang up on my mother who is 87 and myself as soon as we say hello. I have recorded every call and it is considered harassment. If this continues I will be seeking criminal charges against them. Canadian law makes criminal harassment an offense punishable by summary...repeated telephone calls (the caller may hang up or remain silent on the line).

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

I have a huge school loan and I am already being garnished 15% by the Board of Ed. EOS CCA keeps on calling my work number. They don't even say who they are, they start asking me personal questions in which I refuse to give them info. Told them to stop calling. But they continue. I need this to stop or I can get in trouble. They getting on my last nerve!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

Do your research. This company's name comes up when you look at your credit report and when it tells you have a debt it has the company name of the collection agency that you can call to fix the debt. I've had a few and they've always worked with me with payment plans and they do close the account when it's paid off. The thing is when you pay off any debt it does not come off your credit report for seven years from when you first had that day. You can expedite it by writing a letter and ask them the company to remove it early. But other than that you can just wait. This is a legitimate company. I know nobody likes having debt but I think we have to realize that we are responsible for our debts and just pay them off and get them over with it. I have one left and I am so relieved that I actually got a hang of what was going on. Know what's going on and you have no one else to blame but yourself. Very rarely is it someone else's fault.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

Recently realized EOS CCA has been debiting my bank account for a set amount for the past six months. Didn't recognize the initials, so I called. The operator asked for both of my phone #'s. When I asked what this company did she was sketchy. Transferred me to Monroe who "looked me up" & said there were no accounts showing for me. When I asked for company info - "look it up on the internet"! I called my bank to dispute charges and learned EOS CCA was using a virgin debit card - activated in 2014 but never left my file cabinet!!! There is no reason I would be contacted by a debt collection company (I looked it up!) and - as stated - the card never left my file cabinet!!!

Original review: April 14, 2016

I received a call from an EOS employee telling me that I owe them money for a AT&T account. I told them that I wanted to speak with a supervisor, no problem they got a sup on the phone. The supervisor Robert ** told me that if I pay $140.00 it will clear my account and update in 48 hours. Well that was 4/6/2016 and today is 4/14/2016. Nothing has been updated or changed in my credit report. I have paid for my account to be cleared up so I can move on with my life and fixing my credit. I reviewed my credit report and it still has EOS on it for $119; so why did I get charged $140??? I feel that this company is a fake and should no longer be able to be in business!

Original review: April 6, 2016

Received call from EOS CCA regarding a Viasat debt from 3 months ago. I had contacted Viasat and requested an invoice to pay, because originally their bill said we owed equipment. On the phone they conceded that they had in fact received the equipment so the bill was less. 30 days goes by, no updated bill with new amount and then I get a call from EOS CCA. I ask if they can send me a document regarding the amount, they say they can. 30 days goes by and I get a call from EOS CCA saying they sent the letter. I did not receive it, so I asked if they could send another. "Nope, the letter went out already 45 days previous" he said.

Also, he said that they had not spoken to me before, this was the first call??? I told him that I wanted to see something written before I just pay with a card over the phone to a stranger. He said he wouldn't take my card over the phone anyway and then he hung up on me. What?? I wasn't yelling. I was just asking for a letter. I called back to speak with a supervisor who informed me that they could send another letter, but that my account was getting interest added all the time and it was in my best interest to just pay now over the phone. I said I wanted something in writing and he didn't want to send me anything and said to call back if I required further assistance. What??! I am at wits end.

Original review: March 30, 2016

Let's face it, no one likes to be in collections and get the dreaded calls & letters. I've dealt with the worst people calling me in the past from different collection agencies but I really have to speak up and say that I didn't share the same experience as many of the other reviewers with this one, and in fact I was surprised not to see more positive reviews here. When I got the call from EOS CCA I was initially hesitant, but everyone I spoke to was very professional and courteous. They helped me get on a payment arrangement and clear up a lot of old student loans that I've had on the back-burner for a while. Most importantly, they actually seemed to be working in my best interests and not trying to just drain every penny from me like everyone else. So thank you guys and keep up the good work.

EOS CCA Debt Collection Services Company Information