1.26/5

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

55 EOS CCA Debt Collection Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 21, 2019

I paid a debt with them that was on my credit report and they have yet to send my confirmation. But have sent me a bill of the agreement amount after I already paid it and they also have yet to notify the company I owed to let them know that the account has been paid in full. They are the absolute WORSTTTTTTT collection agency EVERRRR!!!

Original review: May 16, 2019

I paid this debt in 2009 TO THE ORIGINAL COMPANY, CenturyLink, and it is 2019, 10 years later and I am called daily and get mail from them monthly saying I owe them money. I no longer answer their calls and instantly shred the mail. This bill they send me is pure fiction and it doesn't show up on my credit report. I would love to be able to spank a company like this hard and fine them with a damages suit or some kind of punitive legislation. If anyone knows how to do this, I would be interested in contributing.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2019

3 years ago I updated my Bell Mobility plan to a newer one. The only way you can do this is to square up your account. I am an active Bell Mobility customer with no issues other than EOS CANADA calls me up to 4 times a day for over 3 years now. They say they are calling on behalf of Bell Mobility and I owe them $130. I’ve told them this is not true and this will never be paid but they still call. Terrible company... Total harassment much like the annoying Google calls we get 4 or more times a day.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Got a letter from EOS CCA for a debt that I do not owe. I have not had CenturyLink for over 8 years and when I did have them I paid them in full before going to another provider and why would they wait over 8 years to sell the account to EOS CCA. I do not owe what they say I owe which is 168.29. I paid Century to 0 balance when I left them for another co. I am not going to pay them any monies I do not owe. This co is a complete fraud. I also told them I am not calling them. They can send me the documents saying I owe this through the mail if not to stop contacting me. I will turn this in to the BBB and Consumer Affairs.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I am not the person they are trying to call and I've told their MULTIPLE numbers who have called me over 20 times that I am not that person. My latest call with a worker told me I will not be removed from the call list and will be getting more calls. This is a terrible, unprofessional service. None of the workers told me why they've called either. I've tried to block numbers but different numbers continue calling me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about EOS CCA Debt Collection Services?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I was fraudulently accused By EOS CANADA of owing monies on a Bell Mobility bill. I told EOS to send me the contract I supposedly signed and how they came to me owing for a contract that I never signed that I owed 4300.00 for a mobile phone bill. I told EOS CANADA I would if need be hire an attorney and sue them for fraudulent accusations and told them to never call me again. Know EOS CANADA has not supplied any documentation as to this fictitious contract but continues to call my phone and hang up. I am being harassed for no just cause and I am now having Anxiety attacks and cannot sleep and even to the extent I cannot make it to work. Shame on you EOS CANADA. I will pursue this all the way.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I received a call saying I had a debt from Verizon for home service. I explained to the rep (who could barely speak English) that I didn't have home service. That I would call Verizon and speak to them. A few years ago I had wireless service and was charged early termination fee of $250 that I had recently paid to this company. He gave me an account number and said I owed money for unreturned equipment from like 2015. I called Verizon and they have no record of this account. Yesterday I received what looks like a letter from EOS and a letter stating they received this bill from Verizon. (There was something like a Verizon bill but you could tell it wasn't accurate.) Upon speaking to Verizon they don't have anything on file. I don't know what to do.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

They called my friends phone asking for me - how the heck they got that # I don't know. I called them back to see what they wanted. They said they had to prove they were talking to me and tried to verify my address in another state. I said NO. I have never lived there. They then refused to tell me what they were calling about and hung up.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

This company claimed I owed a Verizon bill which was taken off my credit report years ago so why would I pay again. He said the charge was sold to them September of this year. I asked where he was located and he said India. I asked him his name and he said Paul **, after thinking of a name to use. I told him I would call Verizon directly and he said I didn't have to do that because they would send me back to EOS. With all the fraud going on why would I deal with Paul **???

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

First time I received a bill from them, I called and paid half of the outstanding bill which was for T-Mobile. The next month when I called to pay the other half as arranged, they said they no longer had the account and to contact T-Mobile. Few weeks later, I received another bill from them for a T-Mobile account with a balance higher than the original one I had received! I haven’t been able to get ahold of anyone and their automated system isn’t finding my account.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I received a phone call at work from a guy who could barely speak English & knew nothing about the subject he was calling about. I asked a few tough questions like what does the account pertain to, and why it took 9 years to find me since I have had the same phone number and address since I moved back to town. After several minutes of this joker babbling about this "bill" I owed he told me it was from my now deceased wife's last address that she lived while she underwent chemotherapy and when she so inconveniently died and didn't pay the bill.

So for 9 years they have been trying to get ahold of me with no reflection on any of my credit reports that I owed them $60. Not when I bought a motorcycle, 2 cars, oh yeah and a house. I paid the $60 because it was probably her bill, but what a clown show this company is. My first suggestion is don't lie to the person on the other end of the phone by telling them you have been diligently trying to inform them for 9 years when you know it's crap and take a night school class to learn English!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

They call me relentlessly for months and every time I answer they ask my date of birth and I refuse to give it out and this time the lady simply replies "oh no problem, we"ll contact you in another way." So I do some research and find out they're a debt collection agency although they wouldn't give me any info about who they are or even what they want. I have no established credit and everything is in my wife's name. Come get you some. I'm expecting a letter in the mail but dont believe they can attack my wife's credit or our home since the house is in her name and the supposed debt is in mine. I guess time will tell, I've dealt with other agencies years ago and am not scared. I appreciate all these reviews notifying me of there lies and tactics as well as their brutalness.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I have a $109 Comcast debt that has been haunting me since 2011. The statute of limitations has run, I never owed it in the first place. I actually have the paper that proves I purchased my modem and did not ever owe Comcast $109 for not returning a modem. But one bill collector must sell this erroneous debt to another. I'm a lawyer and they still won't pay attention. They input the debt to my credit report; that is how I discovered it. I've written twice and provided all the documentation but it seems to make no difference. I want to file a small claims lawsuit against them, but they aren't registered as a business in Washington State, at least not that I can find. That's another reason to give this outfit a bad rating.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

The phone number ** called me multiple times to my cell phone. I was at work and unable to answer. They did not leave a voicemail, so I never called back. I later spoke to my son, who is apartment shopping, and asked if this was a number I should answer to give a reference for him. He said he didn't recognize it, but called it to find out who they were. He got the name EOS CCA, but they would not tell him who they were or why they called. I do not have any outstanding debts that I am aware of. I blocked the number so I do not get interrupted at work.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I am being harassed by them numerous times, and I am really going to advice people to beware of the ** that work there, who don't have any patience for the consumers. She kept Yelling and Screaming, as she is above and beyond everybody else, and when I asked her to hang on, she ** about what she was telling me, to which I had already explained her that hold on a second, just let me get my credit card out, but NOOOO... SHE WAS A CRAZY **. I am not interested in dealing with this company anymore, and I will be filing a case against them if they intend to harass me or don't give up in calling me again and again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

They got MY cell phone and MY home phone number from somewhere that my husband didn't even give out the numbers. Funny enough the number they got wasn't a number we had up until recently (like within the last year) and this was a debt from August 2016... How the heck did they get BOTH numbers? I called Verizon directly, they gave me a different number than what is on the "statement" I got from ESO CCA and I told Verizon I'm NOT paying this company and I'm paying Verizon directly. The people I spoke to completely understood. The other thing, they didn't even show the "settlement amount" that ESO CCA was willing to give us. I felt like this was/is a SCAM and I refused to pay this company. Thanks to Verizon the debt is paid, now we shall see what happens.

Anytime I spoke to this EOS CCA "debt collection company" they were rude as heck and wouldn't talk to me since the account was underneath my husband's name. I just called them to let them know the account is paid off THROUGH Verizon only. Lady wouldn't speak to me at all. DON'T DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!!! It's FAKE!!! Horrible Company.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

CRA has recently sought out criminal activities in India, now it's time to look in our own backyard! I have been getting many phone calls on my cellphone from a Bell dept. that was paid directly to Bell over three years ago. This company sends out a robot all and then someone calls threatening to put a lien on my house, they are rude and nasty. This has to stop! #'s 647 797-8650, 647 931-3517.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Gentleman called stating I have an old AT&T bill from 2012 for $145 for my last bill & my early termination fees were paid. Stated they have been sending me bills but could not confirm my current address. Very poor English & kept repeating himself. Weird, strange noises in the background unusual to what you hear in a "business type environment." After further inquiry with inappropriate responses, sounded very fishy & much like some scam. They will not be getting any money out of me.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I received a phone from EOS CCA about 5 months ago stated I had a Verizon bill outstanding. Which I did and I quickly set payment arrangements up with them. I paid every payment on time until it was paid in full. Now all I want is to have it removed from my credit report, which I was told they do not and will not do. It will stay on my credit for 7 years. I don't understand how they have the power to put it on but won't take it off once they get all of their money. Either way my credit didn't improve so it makes me wish I would have just left the debt unpaid. Sad when you finally start doing the right things and you still have to pay.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

This company is a total scam. I just received a letter from them saying they are collecting for CenturyLink. It says I owe 362.84 but they are willing to settle for 262.84 if I pay right away. It's totally fake. I actually use CenturyLink, and am completely current with them. In fact I am using CenturyLink internet to post this review. I haven't checked my credit yet to see if they placed any bogus charges on there, but I will be reporting this to the police.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I have made arrangement 4 years ago to pay back my student loans and have been paying increments of $5000 yearly... which is more than I was supposed to. EOS is now calling me for payment... that I don't owe them. To top it off they call my cell first then call my WORK which is illegal. Every time I answer my office phone... no one is on the other end. Where do we file complaints?!?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I contacted them regarding a debt that is affecting my credit score, the lady I spoke with was unprofessional. I don't like giving my social to anyone over the phone! You don't identify yourself, your whole attitude is extremely rude, and you won't let me speak to a manager. I got hung up on by you which only makes me not want to deal with you at all. I understand you have to do your job and verify for your records, but you don't have to be extremely unprofessional and rude cutting me off when I talk not allowing me to finish one question.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I noticed a collection for $73 placed on my credit report by EOS CCA. I have NEVER been a CenturyLink customer so this was alarming. I called EOS CCA and requested my account number, I then called CenturyLink to verify the information and CenturyLink was able to tell me that the account number EOS had given me never had been a valid account number, they also couldn't find any accounts under my name/address/ssn. Furthermore, CenturyLink told me that they have never sold their collection accounts to EOS CCA. I called EOS CCA back and spoke to the biggest jackass who claimed he was a "manager" however, he refused to verify the information on the alleged account and refused to give me his employee ID number. I disputed this account with all 3 bureaus & it was promptly removed from my credit reports. This company is a complete FRAUD.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I have received several phone calls from EOS Canada. Never a message, They just call. I have made an attempt to answer, but because these calls are computer dialed, There is a pause, at which I am not waiting for someone to say Hello. Not sure why they are calling. I did file a consumer proposal 5 years ago, which has been taken care of. There were no disputes between the creditors. My credit rating is back up to over 750. No idea why these people are calling my number. Maybe they are looking for me, I have no idea. You would think if someone was looking for money, I would receive a letter beforehand, just makes sense. My address has not changed in 10 years. So, I have no idea. Any thoughts?

Original review: May 24, 2018

When contacted by EOS to pay a bill they tacked on 3 different "charges" on top of my debt owed. They then added each of these charges to my credit score separately, making it look like I owed more and impacting my score significantly. I called them to make payment arrangements and agreed to pay it off last year. I was just now contacted in May 2018 by another agency on the same debt which I thought was closed out. Seems EOS just took the money for their charges and then dumped my account. They made a quick buck off of me and left me hanging. This is going to the Attorneys General of my state, their state and the Federal Gov't. Unacceptable!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I have NO idea who has sold a "debt" to these people or who they are. No one has contacted me about owing a debt to anyone, yet these people have filed with a credit company for an amount that has gone from $628.00 to $630.00 in just a week. I have NO idea who I would owe $628.00 to. How is this legal?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Recently I received a notification from Transunion that my credit score had gone down. Confused because I pay my bills, I looked up what had caused my credit score to go down. There was this company who had opened an account on 6/17. I thought how odd you have placed a derogatory mark on my credit yet you have never contacted me. In fact I had no idea who you were until I looked it up online.. It seems that if you are going to destroy someone's credit you would have the decency to alert the person and let them know you have purchased an account. Who does business like this, and why don't you allow someone the opportunity to pay the bill instead of just destroying their credit. Because of this the bill will be paid to the direct creditor and not to these people.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

They keep adding a debt to my name that is not mine and I keep disputing and having it removed and I am about to file charges. A friend moved into my apartment and I disconnected my service with Time Warner for my friend to transfer their service to my address, prior to disconnecting the service, it must be paid in full so I paid my bill and cancelled my account. I opened a new account later after my friend moved out so, I obviously was in good standing. They keep adding this collection account to my credit and ruining my credit. My account was paid in full and closed so these charges are not mine and I will not hesitate to take this collection company to court along with Time Warner. I won't pay anyone money that is not owed to them and will not pay for someone else's screw up. This is not a collection, this is fraud!

Original review: June 23, 2017

I have been receiving calls from EOS Canada. I returned one call and was asked if this was Mr. (MUFFLED) I requested they spell this name and one rude boy told me he was illiterate. I have not nor will ever answer this number. I want to complain about--1-647-797-8650; 1-647-691-6140; 1-204-800-2192. I don't need this crap.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I have received threatening letters from this company over the years now. They are telling me how much I paid for my house and when I bought it and they are going to put a lien against my house but they cannot send me a copy of the file they have on me stating who I owed... They claimed it's the Ministry of Finance 030-Bursary Child Care... My son is 30 year. Are kidding me. They need to stop... I am sending a copy of this letter to the Ministry of Finance... I will be taking this letter because I feel threatened and I do not feel safe anymore in my home.

EOS CCA Debt Collection Services Company Information