1.43/5
  • 1 star
Based on 28 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 8, 2017

29 EOS CCA Debt Collection Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Recently I received a notification from Transunion that my credit score had gone down. Confused because I pay my bills, I looked up what had caused my credit score to go down. There was this company who had opened an account on 6/17. I thought how odd you have placed a derogatory mark on my credit yet you have never contacted me. In fact I had no idea who you were until I looked it up online.. It seems that if you are going to destroy someone's credit you would have the decency to alert the person and let them know you have purchased an account. Who does business like this, and why don't you allow someone the opportunity to pay the bill instead of just destroying their credit. Because of this the bill will be paid to the direct creditor and not to these people.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

They keep adding a debt to my name that is not mine and I keep disputing and having it removed and I am about to file charges. A friend moved into my apartment and I disconnected my service with Time Warner for my friend to transfer their service to my address, prior to disconnecting the service, it must be paid in full so I paid my bill and cancelled my account. I opened a new account later after my friend moved out so, I obviously was in good standing. They keep adding this collection account to my credit and ruining my credit. My account was paid in full and closed so these charges are not mine and I will not hesitate to take this collection company to court along with Time Warner. I won't pay anyone money that is not owed to them and will not pay for someone else's screw up. This is not a collection, this is fraud!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 23, 2017

I have been receiving calls from EOS Canada. I returned one call and was asked if this was Mr. (MUFFLED) I requested they spell this name and one rude boy told me he was illiterate. I have not nor will ever answer this number. I want to complain about--1-647-797-8650; 1-647-691-6140; 1-204-800-2192. I don't need this crap.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I have received threatening letters from this company over the years now. They are telling me how much I paid for my house and when I bought it and they are going to put a lien against my house but they cannot send me a copy of the file they have on me stating who I owed... They claimed it's the Ministry of Finance 030-Bursary Child Care... My son is 30 year. Are kidding me. They need to stop... I am sending a copy of this letter to the Ministry of Finance... I will be taking this letter because I feel threatened and I do not feel safe anymore in my home.

Original review: May 31, 2017

My husband has been receiving calls from this number. The associate who calls is beyond rude. The first time he called he asked for my husband’s social security number, to which it was not given out. He has called again and said this time it has to do with stolen merchandise that my husband has in his possession. There is nothing farther from the truth on this. The first time he called was from a different number. When I did a reverse call lookup, it came up as a scam. The associate that called was named Don. There has to be something done about the way these people call and can be extremely rude.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about EOS CCA Debt Collection Services?

Original review: April 25, 2017

This collection agency after confirming my identity and my explaining that I could not but would and will pay an outstanding ticket as soon as I possibly can and am able. As I was put on leave from a non union, no benefits job until I am cleared medically to return and had been successfully accepted by Disability (ODSP) to pay for my nearly $1000 monthly (EVEN after trillium's minuscule rebate return)... I explained to 3 different collection agents that have been calling that since I was injured I've been out of work, lost my residence, and many days have to worry about where my next meal comes from and where to cook it. But will pay as soon as I can, just that I have other priorities that have to come 1st.

Two of these EOS Collections agents whom were beyond rude, belligerent. While one threatened the following in a more polite tone of voice and only slightly worded her threat differently, the other made his threat almost verbatim and went as far as calling me a liar or whatever I'm supposed to take from "I don't need any proof to justify your excuses to skip payment to the city of Toronto who we now represent and are calling you on behalf of."

AFTER I offered to fax, email medical documents to provide proof from the doctors and specialists that were, are, and will be involved in my ongoing treatment as proof. Which now, I recently just learned may involve "minor" and only slightly invasive neurosurgery, having my skull re-broken to "correct" an area about an inch in diameter, just below the crown of my skull which set wrong and inward towards my brain and may cause issues over the next few months and will be an issue in coming years if not corrected. That I have and suffer from an invisible illness, a complex seizure disorder... I had a major seizure less than a month after being ticketed {which I intended to fight in court originally}, falling backward 3 times, fracturing my skull and amongst the lesser of my being treated for my injuries during my 5 day stay (according to specialists now say I should not have been released so soon) in hospital as a result.

I received 6 stitches in the back of my skull and was told by doctors to keep stress levels low, not watch television, use computer or smart devices for whatever a "minimum of 8-16 weeks" is supposed to mean while I recover from the severe concussion, fractured skull and had my anti-convulsant medication increased slowly to reduce my seizure activity... But forget sob story...

I made it clear to 2 of 3 collections agents that I will pay the outstanding ticket as soon as I possibly can, that I am out of work and currently waiting on a disability claim. I have been threatened... called a liar AFTER offering to provide proof in the forms of documentation of the medical treatments I have been and am still receiving, contact info of the clinics hospitals and doctors involved. As well as my offering to provide and sign a waiver so the collections company (EOS) may have access to my health information and history as it pertains to dates and my inability to work for more than a few months.

As I said earlier... The agents of collections agency in question refused to accept any proof. Threatened me "if you do not pay us within the next 60 days, your file will be upgraded and we will make it very hard or next to impossible for you to clear any kind credit check never mind get an apartment or residence of your own." Calling me frequently, needlessly using trickery to confirm my identity which I have not denied. Calling me as many as 4-7 times repetitively back to back within seconds of each attempt and my already speaking to them once for the day.

One occasion they called me 4 times in the am, 3 times in the afternoon, and non stop calls from just after 8 p.m till just before or after 9 p.m., though spoke with and explained my health, recovery issues and that night was sleeping on a couch but was going to a shelter because I had to be monitored and not left without supervision because of concussion and seizure symptoms returning and not being readmitted to hospital unless shelter didnt have an emergency bed for me. I've gone from fearing a bad mark against my credit hurting my ability to find an apartment to being so outraged and angry about being threatened, called a liar. And no interest from or by EOS in learning that I and others may simply have some other priorities to handle before giving into demanding threats.

I am now recording any and all calls from any unrecognized numbers that call me. But now have blocked all known numbers from/of their company on and in my phone's settings. Going as far as searching EOS contact numbers online and adding them to blocked list. And today warned them of a criminal harassment complaint being filed should I ever be called and spoken to rudely, and will seek possible civil actions should I be threatened in any way again. That I am and will be recording any calls. That I consider any calls from them as criminal harassment knowing that they have my email contact information and informed them to contact me only through that medium. But I've told them this before and they ignored...

When I've asked to speak with a supervisor am either hung up on, left on hold for 20-40 minutes. Or rudeness turns belligerence before hanging up on me. Once being hung up on when I asked if all calls are recorded on their end, may I have a copy or speak to whomever is authorized to make such a decision so I may inquire about that and all calls from them to me since they first began calling me... I dont know what to do. When I saw all this online complaints about them... I am now of the mind to pay whom I owe directly after I've let them know who they speak to, threaten, and refuse to acknowledge and accept barriers that some people really do have at times, while never intending to "skip payments on a debt".

Original review: April 17, 2017

I have got threatening calls from this "company". They have threatened to sue my "ass" off. They have threatened to take my full pay (I don't work due to a disability) and take my home (my motorhome) away as well as my van. Uhm, no you can't remove a person's only living space which is mobile let alone the only vehicle that can be used to get to places that motorhomes cannot go. I have told them flat out to quit calling because I will pay the company that I have the debt with. They have even threatened to have my Driver License revoked. Oh, a GOVERNMENT DISABILITY PENSION IS NOT GARNISHABLE.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

On 12/21/16 I received a "Notice of Collection Placement" letter from EOS CCA. I know a lot of people say this but I have never been late or missed a payment in my 54 years. I phoned the number on the letter 844-378-9600 over a 7 day span of time - each day speed dialing at least 50 times per day. The phone never supplied a person to speak to and did not allow me to leave a voice message - it just says all customer service are busy call back at a later time.

I finally GOOGLED the company and got a different phone number where a live person answered. I was informed that this bill was from services rendered by ORKIN in 12/01/2009. I informed the person at EOS that if I owed ORKIN for services I would have paid it in full - and why am I just receiving something via mail 7 years later. EOS transferred me to Rollin Acceptance Corp who transferred me to Manassas ORKIN where no one answered with a disconnect. I phoned Manassas ORKIN selecting sales (they always answer) - they could not find the account so they transferred me back to Rollins who transferred me back to EOS. The person at EOS said, "Pay the bill and this will go away." I am not going to be strong-armed to pay a bill I do not owe. This is absolutely crazy. There is no one to speak to in order to get this resolved.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I have been receiving calls from EOS Canada. I do understand why they are calling. My complaint is that I am sick and tired of having them hang up on my mother who is 87 and myself as soon as we say hello. I have recorded every call and it is considered harassment. If this continues I will be seeking criminal charges against them. Canadian law makes criminal harassment an offense punishable by summary...repeated telephone calls (the caller may hang up or remain silent on the line).

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

I have a huge school loan and I am already being garnished 15% by the Board of Ed. EOS CCA keeps on calling my work number. They don't even say who they are, they start asking me personal questions in which I refuse to give them info. Told them to stop calling. But they continue. I need this to stop or I can get in trouble. They getting on my last nerve!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

Do your research. This company's name comes up when you look at your credit report and when it tells you have a debt it has the company name of the collection agency that you can call to fix the debt. I've had a few and they've always worked with me with payment plans and they do close the account when it's paid off. The thing is when you pay off any debt it does not come off your credit report for seven years from when you first had that day. You can expedite it by writing a letter and ask them the company to remove it early. But other than that you can just wait. This is a legitimate company. I know nobody likes having debt but I think we have to realize that we are responsible for our debts and just pay them off and get them over with it. I have one left and I am so relieved that I actually got a hang of what was going on. Know what's going on and you have no one else to blame but yourself. Very rarely is it someone else's fault.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

Recently realized EOS CCA has been debiting my bank account for a set amount for the past six months. Didn't recognize the initials, so I called. The operator asked for both of my phone #'s. When I asked what this company did she was sketchy. Transferred me to Monroe who "looked me up" & said there were no accounts showing for me. When I asked for company info - "look it up on the internet"! I called my bank to dispute charges and learned EOS CCA was using a virgin debit card - activated in 2014 but never left my file cabinet!!! There is no reason I would be contacted by a debt collection company (I looked it up!) and - as stated - the card never left my file cabinet!!!

Original review: April 14, 2016

I received a call from an EOS employee telling me that I owe them money for a AT&T account. I told them that I wanted to speak with a supervisor, no problem they got a sup on the phone. The supervisor Robert ** told me that if I pay $140.00 it will clear my account and update in 48 hours. Well that was 4/6/2016 and today is 4/14/2016. Nothing has been updated or changed in my credit report. I have paid for my account to be cleared up so I can move on with my life and fixing my credit. I reviewed my credit report and it still has EOS on it for $119; so why did I get charged $140??? I feel that this company is a fake and should no longer be able to be in business!

Original review: April 6, 2016

Received call from EOS CCA regarding a Viasat debt from 3 months ago. I had contacted Viasat and requested an invoice to pay, because originally their bill said we owed equipment. On the phone they conceded that they had in fact received the equipment so the bill was less. 30 days goes by, no updated bill with new amount and then I get a call from EOS CCA. I ask if they can send me a document regarding the amount, they say they can. 30 days goes by and I get a call from EOS CCA saying they sent the letter. I did not receive it, so I asked if they could send another. "Nope, the letter went out already 45 days previous" he said.

Also, he said that they had not spoken to me before, this was the first call??? I told him that I wanted to see something written before I just pay with a card over the phone to a stranger. He said he wouldn't take my card over the phone anyway and then he hung up on me. What?? I wasn't yelling. I was just asking for a letter. I called back to speak with a supervisor who informed me that they could send another letter, but that my account was getting interest added all the time and it was in my best interest to just pay now over the phone. I said I wanted something in writing and he didn't want to send me anything and said to call back if I required further assistance. What??! I am at wits end.

Original review: March 30, 2016

Let's face it, no one likes to be in collections and get the dreaded calls & letters. I've dealt with the worst people calling me in the past from different collection agencies but I really have to speak up and say that I didn't share the same experience as many of the other reviewers with this one, and in fact I was surprised not to see more positive reviews here. When I got the call from EOS CCA I was initially hesitant, but everyone I spoke to was very professional and courteous. They helped me get on a payment arrangement and clear up a lot of old student loans that I've had on the back-burner for a while. Most importantly, they actually seemed to be working in my best interests and not trying to just drain every penny from me like everyone else. So thank you guys and keep up the good work.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2015

I called after getting letters to make arrangements to pay. Nobody at this company speaks English or is knowledgeable about anything going on. I am weary to give my credit card information. After paying they let me know that they cannot give me a receipt for 30 days. And that I must call back to get the receipt. They hung up on me twice. They gave me a confirmation number, but what good is this confirmation number? It's just numbers that potentially could mean nothing at all. When I called back they told me my balance was the same balance I paid 20 mins beforehand. And asked me how I would like to pay it... They simply tried to charge me twice right to my face. WTF.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2015

EOS CCA contacted me via phone call and claimed to be a third party servicing my student loans. They asked me for a payment over the phone. I ALSO on the same day received via mail a request from EOS CCA asking for permission to "request and obtain any information regarding my student loans from any source". The doc asks for a signature. I contacted StudentLoans.gov, FSA services and my loan holders directly (NAVIENT) and nobody has heard of the company EOS CCA. Some of the information on the doc they sent me via mail is filled in manually with a pen? They do have a website but that doesn't make them legit.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2015
I get that nobody likes collection companies. However, when they state the debt is under your ex-husband's name, have you send in proof he acquired the bill after your divorce, continue to try to get the money from you, go as far as to put a lien on your house for it, then I get so pissed I just pay his bill. Then to charge my card twice the amount of the bill, then give you a flat out lie saying their system doesn't allow it to overcharge even when I'm looking right at my bank statement

PROVING THEY DO! Then, to say there is nothing they can do. Oh my God! But wait! It gets better! I dispute it with my card company, they ask for proof of the bill. I call Perla at EOS and she tells me they don't keep them on file! No consequence. No closure. Nothing. They stole my money and there is nothing I can do about it.

Original review: July 5, 2015

CCA sent me a "Notice of Collection Placement," it has no merit. "Out of Contract" when I closed my account at the local AT&T store, so balance was $0. Have returned letter with Dispute of Validity of debt and have asked for Proof & Documentation from AT&T, saying No Proof or Documentation, No Payment. Any further harassment will be met with a Small Claims Court suit. $30.21 Principal (?) settlement offer of $18.13. Not enough for the big boys (lawyers) but fine for SCC suit. It will $50 but well worth it...

Original review: April 25, 2015

So I read the other reviews about this company and I know how you feel. I've dealt with terrible, rude phone debt collectors before and they are the worst! However I can't say that about the rep I dealt with. His name was ** and he was fine. I wasn't happy with T-Mobile in the slightest for their claim that I didn't cancel my account even though I had tried to cancel it twice and they were so incompetent they couldn't cancel a simple account. But ** let me split the amount over two payments to help me out and let me set up the date when I could pay the second payment. So he actually really helped me out. Now I made sure to get a confirmation number and all his info just in case so we'll see how it all plays out. Right now I can't complain.

Original review: April 7, 2015

I do NOT owe EOS CCA or CenturyLink. Either this place is a fraud or someone used my info w/o my permission. I have had the same cable company at my one & only address for over 2 years and it's NOT CenturyLink. Why would I need two IP's? Someone please tell me how to get my credit score back...

Original review: March 15, 2015

I received a notice that I owed $96.93 to CenturyLink Tel Svr Grp. I have never had any services with CenturyLink. No phone no cable, nothing. Why are they doing this? They insist I did and refuse to accept that I have never had service with CenturyLink. Rude and demanding!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

EOS CCA is a complete scam. The employees are very rude. I fell on hard times and got behind on my Verizon bill. So my phone was turned off and later turned over to this company. They sent me a letter through the mail saying I could settle my account for about $300. So I called up there to see what this letter was about and the employee told me that if I paid 300 dollars they'd close my account that day. So I said okay. Then out of nowhere he said "Oh wait, I have a better deal for you, we can close your account for just 200 up front and it will completely close your account.” I kinda knew something was wrong with that because with all the fees I was charged and everything the amount I originally owed was over 600 dollars, but I continued on with the payment. I told them I would not have the money until the end of the month so I wrote a post dated check.

About a week before they were supposed to take the money out my account I received a letter in the mail from them thanking me for making a "payment" and my balance was $609, but it never said my account would be close on the letter. I called up there as soon as I read it and I spoke with 2 different employees... Both of them were terribly rude and had a very nasty attitude. The first one I spoke to hung up in my face. I was told by the second employee that they would send me a letter through the mail AFTER I paid them the money. So I said okay. After giving it much thought I called back the next day and told them I wanted to cancel the payment and everything because I wouldn't have the money, but it was really because they were a scam. The employee got very rude and said can I see if I can borrow the money from a family member. And I told him no can he just please cancel the payment. So he hung up the phone in my face.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2015

This company called me on a magic jack phone line we installed a few years ago. They claimed I had opened up a mobile account with AT&T that I never paid for, and they said AT&T turned it over to them for collection. I told them I had a cellphone through work, and I had never opened a mobile account of any kind with AT&T. I asked them for documentation of when and how the account was opened, and they said they could not provide that. I would have to talk with AT&T. I disputed their claim and I thought they had gone away. Now as my wife and I are trying to purchase a house, we find a negative issue on my credit report from this company.

How is this even legal for a company like this to simply claim there is an account I opened and never paid for without providing any kind of proof. Based on other feedback about this company, I see it is very common for them to lie about phone accounts and try to collect money from people that never opened the accounts. A shady company with rude employees.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2014

I noticed an entry on my credit report made by EOS CCA on 12/24/2014. I called the phone number for them and asked about their attempted collection. They said I owed CenturyLink Communications $183 since 2010. I have never had an account with this company. Then they said it could be Verizon. I have documentation where I settled an account with Verizon in Jan 2014 when I accepted and paid a settlement offer by Northland Group Inc, another debt collection company. EOS CCA's representative told me they would make a note that I wanted to dispute their name but would not remove the entry from my credit report until I got a letter from them with proof I never had an account with CenturyLink.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2014

I got a collection notice from this organization for an account that I didn't recognize and clearly couldn't have been opened by me. When I called to dispute the charge and get the matter cleared up the representative was argumentative and accusatory. When I shared the circumstances (I was out of the country when the account was used). He spent a great deal of time indicating how I could still have opened the account and how he found it difficult to believe that I had no knowledge of the account opened with an address I didn't recognize.

When I tired of his mistreatment, I requested his representative ID & a supervisor. He continued to harass me for significantly longer. After five minutes of simply restating "I'd like your representative ID and to speak to a supervisor", he finally transferred me to a supervisor. The supervisor said sorry and on being pushed gave me a customer service number to make a complaint. When I called the customer service number to complain, I got the runaround.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2011

I paid in full a collection EOS CCA contacted me about for a Verizon debt I owed in 8/10. Several months later I received phone calls about the same debt from various other collections agencies stating that Verizon contacted them and had no record that the debt was satisfied. After contacting EOS CCA numerous times, they assured me they would provide me with a letter of conformation stating that the debt was satisfied but each time they did not. Finally on 11/23/11, I called and spoke to a "manager" Karen ** who gave me a false email address and hung up on me.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2011

I am trying to purchase a home and on my credit report it states that the account has been paid. In the comment section, it says that "consumer disputes account information." The account is no longer in dispute and I have a faxed letter last September 29, 2011 from EOS CCA that the account is no longer in dispute.

They failed to send the letter to credit bureaus (Exquifax, Transunion and Experian) to have the item removed. It has been well over 30 days and the dispute information is still on my credit profile. I need help getting this dispute removed so I can proceed with the purchase of my home. EOS CCA still has not reported accurate information of my account.

Original review: March 7, 2011

This collection company sent a letter to our house, our personal home address with my husband's brothers name on it. We were upset and concerned that our address was being associated with this debt that is not ours. We have excellent credit. We didn't notice the name difference until the letter was opened. When we called, they told us it was a federal offense to open the letter.

We asked why our address was associated with the letter. It said that it was purposefully sent to family and friends, a breach of confidentiality in my mind. The customer service agent (Courtney) was extremely rude and raised her voice at me. My husband and I are respectable members of our community and we're in total shock. What can be done? We did file a complaint with BBB with no resolution because the company claimed that they had no record of our address in the system.

My husband's brother's name is Michael ** and the account with this company is **. I have no idea why they cannot locate the information in their system. I have asked that they remove our good address from their database and issue us an apology letter for the inconvenience.

EOS CCA Debt Collection Services Company Information