Credible

Credible helps consumers by letting them compare loan offers from different lenders so they feel reassured about making their financial decisions. Credible offers services in Private Student Loans, Refinancing Student Loans and Personal Loans. There are never any fees for using Credible’s service, so consumers can receive the information and help they are needing without paying anything extra. On top of no fees, consumers can compare loan rates without affecting their credit score.

4 Credible Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 15, 2019

My son is applying for a student loan. He's listed me as a co-signer. I've tried multiple times but each time the site says it can't provide me rates. Through chat and phone calls I've been advised to unfreeze my credit reports, which I did, and other times to check how I spell my name. Another time I called and got a young man on the phone who said he couldn't tell me and that we were out of luck. And you need a new invitation to log in and try again so there's no way to understand what went wrong or revise your submission. I have perfect credit and plenty of financial capacity. I've have spent hours on this and still no progress. All I need is some level of customer support or a website that has sufficient information so I can complete this process. I have got to think that Credible losing many potential customers to its lousy UX and CX. If this wasn't about my son, I'd be long gone.

Credible response

Hi Keith,

Thank you for your feedback.

Credible provides personalized results based on a soft credit inquiry, which does require that your credit is unfrozen. In the event that you initially went through our prequalfication process while your credit was frozen, it may require some additional troubleshooting from our Client Success team to ensure your new prequalification request receives an accurate response.

We apologize we were unable to effectively troubleshoot this matter when you called.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I tried to refinance some of my student loans using Credible, and submitted an application through Credible to Citizens Bank after seeing that I could get the lowest rate there. Everything was going so smoothly so far! My application was pre-approved! So after they did a hard credit check, they asked me for a letter from my college stating that I am no longer enrolled there. Here lies the issue. I am in school, and Credible never asked me whether or not I was. So now my application has been denied, and my credit score affected negatively because I was never made aware that not being in school was a requirement. Citizens Bank informed me that if I had used their website instead of Credible, it would have told me that beforehand. I will never use Credible again. Thanks!

Credible response

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your feedback.

When checking your eligibility to refinance with our partner lenders, Credible’s prequalification form asks for your highest degree type. There is an option to specify if you are still enrolled in school, given that some of our partner lenders do not allow you to refinance student loans while still enrolled.

If you’d like to further discuss this with us, feel free to contact our Client Success team.

Get expert buying tips about Student Loan Refinancing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

Not so helpful because the customer service sometimes ignore your questions or not trying to find solutions for your problems. Sometimes felt so frustrated due to their behaviors and attitudes. Lots of options and interests are not super high. Allow people to repay with different programs, which is super helpful for people that are currently having financial problems and in poor family. Allow people to borrow with different programs.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Most companies nowadays don't understand the importance and value of customer service these days. Credible seems to have a nice grasp on the concept though. Pretty typical repayment options for the industry, at least what I've ran across. I would like there to be an option for those that lose income or such, something different than the norm. The borrowing limits, again, are pretty typical for the industry. However, I find that those limits, when based on income, are usually pretty spot on for most. Everyone wants more money but most don't think about miscellaneous but necessary items in their budget that makes them unable to pay.

Credible expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Credible partners with multiple lenders to give consumers the opportunity to receive competitive student loan refinancing solutions. Their online portal helps students determine the best options for refinancing their student loan debt by comparing loan offers online for free. Putting information from a variety of reputable private lenders in one place, Credible brings transparency to the student loan selection process. Credible offers refinancing options for both federal and private loans including Parent PLUS loans. The company presents a list of lending solutions with accompanying interest rates from multiple lenders. The information includes total repayment amount, APR and monthly payment amounts so refinancers can accurately compare offers. Multiple rates from a variety of lenders enable borrowers to select the best combination of terms and rates to meet their needs. The Credible blog provides useful articles related to a variety of lending, borrowing, interest rates, college funding and other related topics.

• Services: Student loan refinancing