1.10/5

370 Compass Bank Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 11, 2019

Once again I had to call the customer service department of BBVA Compass and was spoke to in an unprofessional manner. The young man not only interrupted me multiple times, he also raised his voice when I asked for clarification as to my SSN or Tax ID number that he needed being that I was calling about my business account. He yelled, "I need your SSN number." At that point I chose to disconnect the call. I only seem to have this problem over the phone. I gave the bank a one star because I do not have time to go into a branch routinely.

Original review: April 9, 2019

We have a business and personal account with this bank for about 14 years now. This bank's customer service is on a steady spiral downhill. This bank has a HUGE turn over in staff. This bank hires young children with big egos to handle your money. I'm assuming it's to pad their bottom line by getting them with no experience. These kids put holds your money without notification (BTW, same business checks deposited weekly for 14 years, never a returned check EVER!!) on their power trips.

Try and find a manager?!! Good luck with that! Either there isn't one, they're in a meeting or they were transferred to another branch. We spend several minutes, sometimes hours trying to find branches that won't put holds on your deposits. They also charge overdrafts fees when technically you are not overdrawn with pending transactions. There could be pending transactions that may not necessarily ever clear. This bank considers this a negative and charge $38 per item. That to me is a scam and I agree with the other persons nearly on every point in the previous comments. I wish I could give this bank a negative star(s) if this were an option.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Let say I would give the a -5 star rating. They are frauds. And they add additional charges to any and all accounts. And get away with it. Bank fraud!!! I have had an auto loan with Compass Bank for 4 1/2 year. This year I traded my car off to a dealership. Dealership sent them a payoff check to them in Birmingham Alabama. They applied the check to my acount. This where it gets crazy...and yes they are crazy.

Check was mailed 2/28/2019. Arriving at the Alabama office on 3/12/2019. Processed on 3/12/2019. Because it took so long for the check to be returned to the bank, dealership thought the check was lost. And they kept calling for payment on my car loan. Due on the 24th with 10 days grace. Dealership stop payment. Issued another check.

Overnight to the Alabama office. Received check on 3/14/2019. Signed by Murray. Because compass bank is so stupid, sent the 2nd check back. Also finding that the 1st check had a stop payment on it. My account is now 38 days past due with additional charges added to this acct. I have talk to Compass bank 13 times. 4 rude incompetent managers about my account. They said they will not take another check from the dealership. I need to make 2 car payments. February and March payments...$848 dollars. They have added $80 worth of additional charges. They won't let me talk to the auto loan department. I sent an email to customer satisfaction @bbva.com. No one has responded to my email. I have left several messages to BBVA Compass bank to call me back. No one has.

How can they refuse a check from a dealership who now owns the car?? Az DMV says the car us now owned by Freeway Chevrolet... not me. Bbva compass bank is a fraud. Should be investigated by FLIC. What they are doing is illegal. This is now on my credit report as missing payments. I made my payments on time for 4 1/2 years. Now a bank who is a fraud gets to ruin my credit! Run away from this banking institution. You have been warned!

Original review: March 20, 2019

BBVA was originally Gainesville State Bank then Compass, then BBVA. Ever since BBVA took over, this banks has become a nightmare for me trying to pay my bank Visa bill. I mail my bill, paid in full, the day after I receive it. November 2018, BBVA says they never received my bill. I called their service center, don't bother, it's in India or Pakistan. Now, I have receive my March 2019 bill and again no payment for February 2019. I mailed the bill on 02.22.2019. I went online and saw the check had been cleared on 03.14.2019. The first problem in November I put off as maybe the post office, but now three months later another problem. Not the post office, since all my other bills arrive on time. This bank has a major problem with their processing centers which is costing people like me money, and not to mention hits on my credit score. I am about to go to my local branch, but I doubt that will help. Customer service at this bank is a big zero.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I only use my account for DoorDash money and I wish I didn’t. When I cash out I then move my money to my other bank and they charge me 38 for overdraft fees when the account is not negative. I called them and they said, "No it was a charge that happen before your transaction" and that could not be possible because you can transfer funds that is not there. I hate this bank and I can’t wait to all my pending transactions is done so I can close this account.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Compass Bank?

Original review: March 16, 2019

Oh BBVA likes to take folk's money. They charge you a service fee that’s they take out whenever they feel like and when your other ** bounces because of the fees they decided when to take out your other stuff bounces. Jan I had 3 NSF fees. Because of that and now this month I have 1. BBVA is the most crooked bank and y’all think Wells Fargo is bad.

Original review: March 9, 2019

This bank should be under investigation and their ability to have a credit card bearing their name should be rescinded. I had a fraudulent purchase made to my account and the dispute was found to be in my favor but instead of crediting my money they added the purchase again. When I called-which is a joke in itself-I was told there was a glitch in the system LOL and that my money would be credited. Instead of crediting they added the purchase yet again so there are purchases on my statement that were literally made by the bank which I consider fraudulent as I did not make them and the bank is benefiting from these bogus charges. To say that their customer support is lacking would be the understatement of the century. It would take five pages to detail how grossly incompetent this bank is at solving problems and I have filed a complaint with the CFPB but this is such a convoluted case I doubt it will ever get fixed without a lawyer.

Please stay away from this bank - I wouldn't let them handle a my dog's bone much less my hard earned money. From where I am sitting they are thieves - I cannot get anyone in customer support or fraud support to do anything as I think they honestly do not understand what I am trying to get across and the whole episode has been infuriating. This bank should be under investigation.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I applied for a 0% for 12 months credit card and got approved for a fairly low balance. Just before the time the third payment was due, I lost my wallet and was scrambling to find it for almost a week. I found it and discovered that my bill was a week past due and immediately paid the amount past due plus $15 extra dollars. They took the late payment, asked me why I was late and told me they'd transfer me to another department to turn my card back on, as it was deactivated.

Once I got to the card reactivation department, they attempted to turn the card back on, but...later called me, informing me that Card Services has actually closed my card for good. Get this! They told me, through a third party, that I was free to reapply. I don't think so! I don't think so! I'm done with BBVA Compass. My Bad. I mistook your company for one that has better communications and cared. What a mistake I made!! Avoid this company.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I lost my debit card and canceled it and ordered a new one on Feb 4. Said it would be here the 14th. Then the 19th and I waited til the 21st to call again and order a new one. Said it would be here Wednesday and still no card. It's been 22 days total. No one in customer service can tell me why it's not here and even after asking to speak personally with a supervisor twice I evidently never did. I'm closing my account asap and going to Chase Bank. At least I know I'll actually receive a debit card that way.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

This is by FAR the WORST experience I’ve ever had in my entire life! Nobody knows how to do their jobs, they are extremely slow about any and everything! Their phone system will completely hang up on you while being transferred or will time out and hang up! Trash company! They no longer need to be in business! Look at all the reviews! They’re terrible! To save yourself time and energy DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT do any kind of banking whatsoever with BBVA COMPASS BANK!

Compass Bank Company Information