Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
AARP Chase Visa
3.91/5

AARP Chase Visa

AARP offers roadside assistance through Allstate. AARP members who sign up for roadside assistance can get help 24/7 if they have a flat tire, need their car towed, run out of gas, have a dead car battery or lock their keys in their car. Members are covered in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

AARP Chase Visa Reviews

Original review: Sept. 22, 2011

While making a transfer from one credit card to AARP chase credit card to take advantage of a low interest promo, chase sent a check to the first card but with incorrect account! Now, I have the exact same account on both cards. They insisted I entered the incorrect account number therefore, caused the check to go to another account. These are from people who can't spell my last name when I recite it to them. Now, they want 30 days to investigate. By then, the promo will be over and the interest will be for 2 cards with same amount. All I get from them is "but you don't understand sir" **! I do get it! These Pakistanis and Indians who doesn't speak English do not understand me at all.

Original review: June 20, 2011

I know what my expenses are when I put them on credit cards. I also know when I have cancelled something long before it would go on a credit card. Chase however, does not recognize this (Chase AARP Credit Card Services). Stupidly, I looked at some programs that are supposed to improve your computer. They were supposed to be free for 30 days before they are put on your credit card. It was a big lie. When I received the statement from Chase, there it was, blaring me in the face. I immediately went into action to remove this mistake, since when I put the program on the computer; I removed it the same day. Later, in an article in Women’s World Magazine, I found out that these were scams. I have sent letter after letter to Chase with no results. Please help. I don't need this in my life.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2010

I too have had a problem with my Chase AARP Visa card recently. I have used this card quite a bit over the years, mainly because of the 8.99% interest. I have not used the card in some time, because I was saving it for an extended vacation trip. I have paperless billing, and hadn't read the fine print in a while. Lo and behold, my rate is not 14.24%. I've never been late. And several times, I have paid a high balance off in full before the due dates. When I contacted the on-line customer service area, I was very unhappy. I explained that I wanted to use this card for my 2-month cross country trip, but I wanted the card back at the original 8.99% rate. They contacted me later that day and said that they were unable to offer me a lower rate at this time. Not only that, but we found that the blank "use anytime" checks that were supposed to be 0% interest came with all kinds of hidden finance charges on the monthly bills.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2010

History: I did not get a bill and I was told I was liable. The due date is July 23, 2010. Chase cashed my check on July 12, 2010 for an amount $230 via my handwritten note. Everything is okay but I get calls and they are denying that they are calling me. My caller ID does not lie. Today, I got calls from 407 on August 9, 2010 at 2:22 pm, 2:53 pm, 7:30 pm and at 7:42 pm. I called 800- and I was told that there are no records that someone called me. I called 407- and was told that I dialed an 800 number and no one called me. My caller ID is clearly marked Chase 407. I want to add that I am a communications technician for AT&T. My job is traps and traces that I have been doing for over 8 years. This is a continual phone harassment to me for a bill that Chase put into the incorrect account. Again, I was to stress that my check was cashed on July 12, 2010 when my due date is July 23, 2010.

Original review: June 10, 2010

AARP Chase Visa users, hold onto your wallets! The new rules have all changed. After the crazy rate increases and justified complaints, reform legislation has foisted a whole new set of unregulated and permitted fees on the credit card user. Paid off your Chase card balance because of the high interest rates? Now there's a $ 1.00 minimum interest charge per month (Read that as $ 12.00 per year for the privilege of having AARP's logo on your Chase Visa card). This is roughly equivalent to interest on a $60 balance each and every month, plus added nuisance fees for any additional way they can charge a fee. AARP is doing a disservice to its members unless it negotiates the best Credit Card offer in the industry and maintains that position.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AARP?

Original review: March 26, 2010

I am writing this email to inquire about Chase National bank to proudly continue to use AARP logo and they just recently raised interest rates by over 5% and charges hidden charges regardless whether you pay balance in full or not. I have other credit cards and they are 5 % cheaper on interest than Chase. In fact, all major credit cards are cheaper. So what is my benefit to use or belong to AARP any longer? Chase is only ripping the elderly people off and they are suppose to be helping them.

I have been a member of AARP for about 22 years but I am considering circulating a petition on AOL to let people know first hand what Chase National bank is doing. Feel free to check my payment records to them for about 5 or 6 years. I was never later and never over my limit but today I am paying them in full and they better not have hidden charges again because I won't pay when I get ripped off any. It has to be a rip off because it never happened before and or with any other credit card including Bank of America and Wachovia. So I will take my business elsewhere. Chase thinks they will put any kind of a charge and we senile seniors have to pay it. But I wo'nt anymore because I am done with crooks. Maybe they want to send their CEO another Golden Parachute but not from me. I am done with AARP Chase credit card services as this day, 3-25-2008.

Original review: March 4, 2010

I have had a credit card with aarp (they don't deserve upper case) for many years at a decent interest rate but all that changed this year. They

doubled my rate for no reason. Other than they could, I have never been late and always pay more than I have too. When I contacted the company, they talked to me as if I were a second class citizen. My family and I will stop doing business with aarp immediately--home, auto, life and credit card! Let's all join together and bring them down. Stand up, America!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2010

I had a Chase AARP card. On the 9th of Feb, I paid the card off completely. Two weeks later, Chase billed me for interest during that two week period and charged me $10.93. I had closed off this card because of their interest and billing practices and this must be their last parting insult. Chase is a ripoff artist. I think Chase should be prosecuted for unlawful and unethical practices

Original review: Oct. 22, 2009

Imagine the surprise my wife and I got when we received a letter from Chase stating that as of Jan 2010 the 8.99 fixed rate on our AARP credit card would be raised to 13.99 variable. We have excellent credit in all areas and are shocked at the naked greed of the financial institutions. We realize they are doing this ahead of the credit card laws which kick in next year, but after the taxpayer bailout, this is a double whammy to the consumer.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2009

I have been a card member of Chase Bank for many years. My current card is an AARP Visa thru Chase. Today, I received a letter advising me that on Feb. 1, 1010 my interest rate will be increasing just over 39% over my present rate. I might add, my current rate is pretty competative with the other banks and I have kept this card due to the points I receive and use them for "Dining Cards". When I called Chase, the young lady said if I didn't agree, I could cancel, but the rate is "non-negotiable". I told her I would be canceling once I clear my accumlated points. I also told her it is a shame we bailed them out and now they are taking advantage of us with a 39% increase in interest rate. I might add, I have a very high FICO and excellent credit, never late, with anyone, not even Chase.

AARP Chase Visa Company Information