3.4/5 (1502 ratings)

About T-Mobile

T-Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: March 16, 2020

So while other companies are pledging to waive late fees, and provide unlimited data for their customers, Tmobile chooses to cash in on the Coronavirus pandemic by charging late and reconnection charges to consumers affected by the pandemic. Guess it doesn't matter that I've been with the company for 12 years, or that I can pay my bill, still chose to suspend my service because I couldn't pay the ridiculous $20 per line reconnection charges. Way to go tmobile!!! Next time I'll try to plan before the pandemic.

Original review: March 16, 2020

My phone has been hacked several times and customer service is full of racists and xenophobic people. They provided a response similar to "call us back later" or "spend more money ($100+) to fix your problem".

Original review: March 16, 2020

In 2009 my wife had Cricket service. In 2014 Cricket became a subsidiary of AT&T. This made my wife's old flip phone obsolete. So She upgraded to a new flip phone. Well the new flip phone she bought had the worst alarm sounds I've ever heard. I don't know how someone is supposed to wake up to an alarm playing Bach Cello Suite Prelude? Needless to say we returned the phone to Cricket. She found a little better phone from T-Mobile. They moved her new number and she was satisfied for the most part. Then it happened....

On 10/07/2019 at 7:45.am. She received a phone call from, T-Mobile's lying, rude, and uneducated customer service department. They regret to inform her that her phone number of 10 years was deleted by their computer and they were calling to issue her a number. She had over 700 contacts in her phone. I ported them easy enough, but having to call dozens of people was total **!!!! T-Mobile is like every other big company. They sacrifice customer service for the all mighty dollar. I have never heard someone lose their phone number this way. Has anyone heard of this. Please Let me know... Thank You.

Original review: March 13, 2020

I have a portable HotSpot device I purchased several years ago from T-Mobile. I needed it to provide temporary home Internet service while my home was being repaired (my DSL service was temporarily unavailable). I purchased the HotSpot device and 3 months of service. Now I have moved and have a similar situation. T-Mobile is not competitive regarding data-only service using a HotSpot. I determined the HotSpot I purchased was compatible with another operator's network and hence requested T-Mobile to unlock my device. My situation completely satisfies all requirements T-Mobile has for allowing a free Unlock. I called T-Mobile Customer Service and opened a case. The representative told me I would receive a phone call with the unlock code in 3 days. On the 3rd day I received a call and was told they needed 2 more days. I was promised an eMail with the unlock code and a phone call from Customer Service in 2 days.

After 2 days expired I did not receive a call. On the 3rd day I called T-Mobile Customer Service. Over 90 minutes I was transferred from person to person with the excuse that nobody could find my account. I had never been given a "Case Number" and therefore I was finally told nothing had been done and I had to start over. The last representative magically found my account, opened a case, and gave me the case number. He said it would take 72 hours, at which time I would receive an eMail with the unlock code and a phone call.

After 72 hours I did not receive a call or an eMail. So I called Customer Service. Again I was transferred from person to person for 90 minutes. All of them refused to allow me to tell them the case number. They told me they did not need the case number but could not explain why they could not find my account or case in their system. Finally I was handed off to a very aggressive representative who explained very sternly why this was all my fault. I had not given them the information they required (which was utterly untrue - I had given them ALL of the information requested) and that they were not in the business of providing unlock codes. She then proceeded to tell me that it takes a minimum of 32 days to get an unlock code! This after they burned 2 weeks of my time.

I worked (as a vendor) at the T-Mobile USA headquarters in Bellevue WA for several years. (I no longer have that job nor do business with T-Mobile.) I know the people who handle unlock codes. If you have the IMEI it takes about 15 seconds to get an unlock code. So Customer Service is punishing me for taking my equipment to a different operator. The law is very clear - if you meet the requirements to get an unlock code the operator MUST provide it to you. My account and device are very clearly within the rules. I know many people who have had similar experiences with T-Mobile for different situations. T-Mobile by far has the worst Customer Service of any operator doing business in the USA. Do not get service from them under any circumstances. Not only is Customer Service poor but their coverage is miserable.

Original review: March 10, 2020

I bought a prepaid sim in LA with the promise it works nationwide. It did not work in New York City. When I inquired in an NYC shop then I got some lame excuse about improving the network. The agent which was extremely rude refused to help me and told me I should complain at the shop in LA. She refused my request to talk to her supervisor.

Original review: March 1, 2020

Avoid at any cost. T-mobile is a rip off. Canceled my service when I got a better deal from another career in October 2019 and they kept changing my credit card until January. Called them every month from October 2019 till February 2020 and asked to cancel my service and they failed to do that and made me pay for the lines. I had no longterm contract and was fully entitled for cancel my account. Terrible customer service.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

Purchased a phone through customer support with a promotion of $700 bill credits. Customer support assured me while purchasing the device and told me that I am not eligible. They cheated me and the poor knowledge team responded with false statements and promises. At the end they are not giving me the credits.

Team of experts they say but they are team of manipulators.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

Beware of this company. I switched to Tmobile and got insurance on 1 of my phones then when I needed to use the insurance they tell me that my phone isn't covered when I clearly have it charged on my bill in front of me and have never removed it because my husband is notorious for breaking phones working in construction so now I have an 1100 dollar broken phone that "isn't covered" that I still have to pay off!! Scam company!!!!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Attempted to port my line up T-Mobile to another carrier, after four days I have no service on my T-Mobile phone, and they refused to release my number to the other carrier. I called they Advised me that they do not perform such actions. I asked them to cancel my service which was a prepaid service. They canceled my service but refused to prorate the unused portion of my service and give me a refund. They told me to go back to the store where I purchased it which is 9 1/2 hours away from my home. Totally irresponsible and unexpectable.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

T-Mobile opened up an account in my name with no ads # and now they will not take it off my credit report. Anyone else have this experience? Multiple calls and always told the same thing. Class action lawsuit?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I have a T-mobile flip phone, pre-paid minutes. It did not suffice as my only phone but I use it as a back-up and to find my other phone. T-mobile has poor coverage where I live and in the mountains. But in Canada, it switches to Rogers and has better coverage than ATT. That makes it a great backup phone. It's small and easy to use. The minutes are pricey but as I said, it's just a backup.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

The cost for a prepaid phone is very reasonable and the service is great. I've been using it for more than 10 years and I am completely satisfied. I recommend prepaid phone from T Mobile. It is the best prepaid phone company out there.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Gone are the days where you could get a free phone by signing a contract. I miss them. Phone bills are much more expensive and you are essentially locked into a contract by paying for a phone monthly. Also, T-Mobile has very spotty coverage where I live.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I had service with T-Mobile for over 8 years, I switched to a more cost effective service while my income has been reduced temporarily on maternity leave. To my disappointment tmobile charged me a full month of service for only 3 days of service which should have been prorated. It left a bad taste in my mouth that this company can compromise its integrity to extort money from their customers. I will eventually pay them back but surely I will probably never do business with them again.

I wasn't under a contract and feel that there should be no reason to charge anyone for a full month of service in which they only had for 3 days before it was cancelled. They say it was in their terms and conditions, which terms and conditions the one from 8 years ago? Either way, it is shady business to make a dollar. I guess better to take my $104 dollars than to keep the integrity and good business relationship with a long time customer who may come back. But not now.. shady business.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

T-Mobile over all is one of the best mobile phone company there is, whether it's phone plans, prices, and customer service I love their rates and their customer service team are quick to help in any situation.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I like Tmobile because it has affordable services to call abroad, also when I am in Mexico I can call and browse as if I were in the US. The basic service with unlimited phone and good GB per month is about 45 plus 10 dollars for the international fee. I don’t like that their customer service sucks. Every time I call I have to wait a lot to talk to a human and I am never sure if I ever speak to one. They try to sell me products with unclear information and telling me that now they are offering new and FREE updates for clients with my type of contract. Once I bought it and ended up with double the amount in my monthly bill.

I had to fight for endless hours to go back to my cheap contract. They are unhelpful and make any change almost impossible so you give up and stay with the expensive bill. I find this very unloyal, abusive and unfair. I tried to seek clarification in one of their stores but nobody knows and the staff make you call in the store. The wait is also very long when one calls from the store. I’m happy with them as long as I don’t have to deal with their inhuman treatment.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

One of the best prepaid mobile service I’ve had in over 25 years, great customer service, easy to use app, great reception, good selection of phones and prepaid plans. Great value for money. Available in most states.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

TMobile is really a great carrier. I really love it. Been with them 3 years now. The service wonderful. Have great plans. They're better than most of who I've been with. Their prepaid is great service. Get what you need. Their data is wonderful. I can get out. My calls are so clear. Their service is really nice.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

I have a military discount with Tmobile and they have been awesome in every way. I have been with Tmobile for years and anytime I have had a problem they have been there to help. I came over from Verizon and I was scared there would be a drop off but there was none.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

Deactivating my T-Mobile account and resolving my final payment has been the most difficult and frustrating experience that I have ever experienced. I deactivated my account and ported my number over to a new carrier on December 23rd, 3 days into the new billing cycle. When I received my last bill, I noticed that they had charged me for the entire bill cycle up to January 19th, not just the 3 days the service was active. I called and spoke to a representative who confirmed that this was a mistake and that It should be a prorated amount for 3 days. She told me to disregard the current final bill and that I would be receiving an updated final bill in about a month. 2 weeks later I receive a mail notice from a collections agency for the inaccurate amount.

I call T-Mobile AGAIN and they tell me that the amount is correct because they have a policy that you will be charged for the full billing cycle regardless of canceling and deactivating your service and that I won’t be receiving a revised bill. I have NEVER in my life heard of a company with such a policy and have never received notice from T-Mobile that this is their policy. I asked to speak with a supervisor since I was being told two completely different things and because they had the audacity to tell me to disregard the final bill but then sent it to a collections agency. The manager said, "We will review the recording and look more into this, we will let you know what we come to in a week."

This has been a horrible customer service experience, they should honor what the original representative of T-Mobile told me without drawing this out even more. However, given my experience up to this point, I’m not confident that they will. I strongly advise against going with T-Mobile, there are far superior providers with better deals. And if you do go with T-Mobile, be prepared to deactivate your account on the last day of the billing cycle unless you want to pay for days of service that was not used or active.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

My experience with a prepaid phone was ok. I thought the minutes ran out too fast. I loved the different style of phones to choose from. However, in the end I decided to get on my daughter's cell phone plan. It cost more money than a prepaid, but, I vent it was worth it. I didn't have to worry about using up my minutes while having a conversation. In the end, a phone plan seemed to be a safer choice because I could call anyone whenever I wanted to and talk as long as I wanted to.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

If you try to leave Tmobile, they will give you the run around. We ported our phone numbers to another company and requested our phones be unlocked, called several times and spent hours and every time they would say “it will be 24-48 hours”. Days would pass and I would call back and they had no idea what I was talking about and had no record of the previous call.

My service with them ended Jan 9th and I received two more bills after that, one for an entire month of service! I called and they said they would process a refund. How can you morally and ethically charge someone knowing they no longer use your service. We gave up on them unlocking our phones after weeks and ended up buying new phones. Also, I am still waiting for them to pay back the money they stole from me. Leaving this company has cost me several hours of time, $300 for new phones, and $140 in charges AFTER we already cancelled. I will never go back, and will never recommend these scammers.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I hated the reception and chose to switch back to Verizon. My son’s phone was T-Mobile so I asked to switch him to his dad's account. Agent said I had done everything to release him and I told his dad. When he called they gave him such a run around that he just got a new phone and new SIM card and I was stuck with his old number still being charged on my auto pay that I can’t access because, as a cancelled subscriber, I no longer have access to my online account. Didn’t even know I was still paying until the end of December! And I was being charged for a family plan with that one phone! Now, after their poor service, they won’t give me any refund. I will NEVER use them again and NEVER recommend them!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Let me say, my experience was not optimal with TMobile. Saturday was my birthday and my wife for months has been talking about new phones. We went to T Mobile to switch carriers and upgrade our phones. I told my wife of meeting a young lady who was working at the Harden Street Columbia SC store and wanted to go there to look her up and check T Mobile out. Our experience was excellent and received great service and decided to switch. We updated out phones, ordered them, and bought some accessories. We were told the phones would be delivered Tuesday or Wednesday. All was well. Then the problems began. Received email that order was shipped. Tried to check it but was unable to get to the link in the email to track. Tuesday one phone delivered. Didn't know if one was not delivered and the other stolen so I called Customer service. 800 number first kicked me off the two times I called.

The CSR named "Hannah" who seemed from an overseas call center said she would investigate and call me back either in 30 minutes to an hour. NO CALL. I tried the 800 number again and was kicked out of the system with a busy signal given after I made my selection. I called the store I dealt with and one of the associates I had met tried to help but gave me the option to be transferred to their CARE group. I told her that would be fine.

The CSR this time tried to help but kept giving me bad information. First that the phone were processed on different dates, then she found something and saw where they were processed at the same time but one was still not shipped. I asked for information and she said it should ship either later that day or the next. I should get the phone by Saturday the 15th at the latest. I asked about the tracking of the status email and she said I needed to register with "My TMobile". Then she said that the phone didn't ship due to their promotion of buy one get one and the second was the promotion phone. I waited the rest of the day and until noon the next day to see if I would get another email stating that the phone had shipped. Nothing.

I packed up my stuff and headed for the store. Then things really went wrong. The store associates were again great, but the CARE folks were not. I was then told that the phone was backordered, and they could not tell me when it would be sent. I told the store associates that I wanted to cut my losses. I would just cancel my order, and would just take my refunds. I was told that I couldn't do anything until the other phone was received. Meanwhile, I'm out $300, waiting on a phone that cant be told when I'll get it, paying both my old carrier charges, and TMobile service.

I want to say, the store associates have been great but the CSR's even when asked for their names were non responsive to the customer. I was offered $20 of credit for all my trouble. I asked for a District or Regional Manager to call me. I looked up the corporate number 1-425-***-400x to call and no answer for 3 minutes I was on the phone. I wanted to voice my frustration to someone who would be able to help customers like me affect some change. I hope that this post will prompt some sort of contact with a concerned executive that honestly believes in there motto of Caring about customers. Thanks for letting me rant!!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Almost three months after my telephone number was ported to another provider, I found out from a Customer Service Representative in the expert team that EVERYTHING I HAD BEEN TOLD WAS WRONG!!!! So, they withdrew the monthly charge of 141.00 after I had canceled and asked for a final bill. When I called about it, they said that would be refunded to me in a check within 7-10 business days.... THAT WAS A LIE!

Then a month later they withdrew the final amount I needed to pay them for the phone. I had not received the final bill I asked for yet. Then, after the third customer service representative yesterday, they refunded the final amount. But THAT WAS A LIE. They re-withdrawals the money yesterday. Today I was told both refunds would take 3-5 days and they were both being processed. That WAS A LIE! So I finally call the experts at the corporate office (prior to this, I had been speaking to the idiots in the Dallas office) and that is when I was told they can’t refund any of the payments I’ve made and I wouldn’t be receiving any money back in my bank account. So instead of telling me this on January 3rd when my phone number was ported over, they let me pay two overdraft fees and failed to MENTION that they would be taking their money over the next two months, instead of sending me a final bill like they said they would. I will badmouth them to everyone I know

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I don't like cell phones but have one for emergencies and so bought a Tmobile prepaid and it works splendidly and the minutes roll over year after year as long as I buy 10 dollars worth of time so annually we do so and always have a small easy to use emergency phone at the ready. Customer service is a free call and balance check is easy as well as texting.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I have been a customer of T-Mobile for two years and I can say the service is decent. The speed is very fast and helps me whenever wifi is not available or not strong enough. I just don't like how expensive it is for the amount of data I get from it.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

T Mobile has always treated us as a valuable customer. Their local office staff are well equipped with excellent knowledge of their product line, as well as dealing with support or training issues. Thus we have stuck with T Mobile for over 15 years. Unless their service goes up in smoke we will stay with them as long as we need cell phone.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I was a prepaid customer and canceled my service on December 31, 2019. I then on February 7, 2020 my bank was charged a full month payment and caused me a $30 overdraft fee. I called T-Mobile and they said I didn’t cancel. The entire month there was no activity whatsoever on my line. I’m very upset and I will never recommend T-Mobile to anyone. Also, I got lousy internet connection whereas with AT&T I had no trouble!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

They are always very helpful with any problems I may have and the service is very good. When I have a problem I can go to them and they fix it right there on the spot. I had some scratches on my screen and they fixed it right away.

T-Mobile Company Information