Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Stanley Steemer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Well, let me tell you, the tech, Edward, was absolutely FANTASTIC. He was professional, very courteous, he said he'd be here by 830am and he was. Edward came into my home very friendly and informative, explained the process and expectations. He asked questions about the spills and stains. So Edward went to work on my nasty carpet. Two hours later, he was done. My home smells a whole lot better and my carpet came out ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. I also had a chair that was BADLY stained. Really didn't think he could do much for it, but... Edward worked his magic and my chair looks FANTASTIC. I will definitely call Stanley Steemer and have Edward (only Edward) come back for spring cleaning of my carpet and upholstery.

Patricia

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Two young men, Jacob and James showed up on time and ready to work. They went above and beyond and wouldn't stop until it was spotless. They were professional and respectful and I would request them every time I want something done by Stanley Steemer in the future. Despite having trouble with their equipment which was not their fault, they stuck with it until they got it looking great. We need more outstanding young men like these two! Hats off to the hiring manager. You need to keep these two!

Get expert buying tips about Fire and Water Damage Restoration delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

A few days ago my poor little sick dog had a few really bad accidents, which I will refrain from posting before and after pics because the before is so gross.... ANYWAYS - I tried to get the stains out myself and I didn't do a horrible job (which the professional complimented me on) BUT I just really wanted to professional to come in any clean for peace of mind knowing that all the bacteria and grossness was gone also the stain!

SO after going on their website and scheduling an appointment which was very easy to do I had the guy come today between 12 - 5 they told me. I was so happy that someone was on their way around 11:45. The professional, Andrew **, shows up at my door and is really friendly. I show him the areas I wanted to be cleaned, and we discussing pricing and what he was going to do, and then he quickly got started. He was really quick about 45 min to an hour and literally improved both my carpet in my bedroom where there was a huge stain and my wool area rug! I could not be happier with the outcome! Thank you so much, Andrew! He was great, I def recommend Stanley Steemer and of course, Andrew! Will be using them again.

Original review: June 22, 2019

We had 4" of rain overnight and our storm drain outside got clogged, so our laundry room, lower bathroom, and part of our family room got flooded. We called Stanley Steemer carpet restoration, Portage, MI. The 2 technicians, Marco and Connor **, were very professional about accessing the damage. In the end, they decided we did not need carpet restoration, but a few days drying out with dehumidifiers and fans. They told us where to put everything for maximum drying, and said we should call them when the carpet dried out so they could come and clean it. They could have charged us a lot of money (they get paid on commission), but they charged nothing for their kind help and advice. These young men are to be commended!

Original review: June 21, 2019

On 6/20/2019, Pedro and Tony (service techs of Stanley Steemer) arrived promptly on time, to clean the carpet in our entire house. They were professional, friendly, and very respectful of our personal property in our house. They did an excellent job and our 30 year old carpet has never looked better. The price was reasonable and fair. Thanks again guys for a job well-done. DEFINITELY recommend Stanley Steemer, Pedro and Tony!! Signed Tom & Patsy

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stanley Steemer?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

When my carpet was cleaned (Nov/Dec) they were running a four times a year special for two rooms. When it was time for the first cleaning, I asked to substitute a room because I didn't need anything done to the rooms selected. They refused to do this. I don't understand because all they had to do was two spots in the one room. I am spending money for nothing...so please do not sign up for the special as you will not need it as often as you think you will and they will not allow substitutions. Poor business dealings...

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

This company promised clean tiles. When they came out - they upcharged me an additional 140 dollars and the service was never done. The assistant was on drugs and the man cleaning the floors stated I would see a difference. I did a before and after picture and the floors stayed the same. I advise them to come back and clean the property. They're advising me that the place has to be recleaned... Sounds like this company doesn't do much and charges a lot.. A quick heads up, Home Depot charges 60 dollars for the same machine and 20 dollars for product. Never will I pay 700 dollars to clean a whole property and be insulted and cussed by Mike ** the manager in Orlando! 0 respect in this company, customers don't fall for it!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

We had a two hour window for an appointment, even though I was told I was first on the list for the day. They were suppose to call thirty minutes before coming. They never called and never showed up. There was also not available to answer the cell phone number they have or an the iMessage. I wondered why they were cheaper than others, now I know. That’s horrible customer service!! I made myself available, moved all the furniture and cleaned all my other floors. All of that work for nothing. I will never call them again.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Stanley Steemer ruined my carpet! Spent time avoiding my requests for assist in fixing my problem, none claim my file has been closed and it’s too late for assistance in fixing problem they caused. Their customer service department is misleading because they do not help. This company ruined my carpet!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Had Stanley Steemer come to my my condo to clean the air ducts. The Tech broke my dryer vent hose, put the air ducts back on lopsided in my bathroom and broke my air duct fan in the bathroom. Next day I realized my bathroom fan was broken and called the office. They scheduled a Tech to come back over to fix it and never showed up. I called the office and the receptionist said a Tech would call me. He never called. I called the office to ask why and I was disconnected. No one answered the phone. I would not use this company!!!! They are a horrible company with untrained Techs.

Stanley Steemer expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This experienced restoration and cleaning company, with services since 1947, has offices in 48 states. Though known more for their steam-cleaning equipment, they also handle residential and commercial water restoration services.

• On call 24/7: No matter when disaster strikes, you can contact a water removal and restoration specialist on their emergency hotline for advice over the phone of what to do before the crew arrives.

• Allergy certified: The company has endorsements from the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, citing a 94-percent allergen-removal success rate.

• 15-minute response: The company promises that water removal and restoration experts will contact you with 15 minute of your call.

• Insurance assistance: One big help in getting life back to normal is that they can work directly with your insurance agent to speed up claim processing.

• Vehicle specialists: No other company is better equipped to handle damage or cleaning for the unique surfaces in cars, trucks, boats and RVs.

• Best for: Although they do not cover fire-damage recovery, this company is an effective business partner for rapid water-damage recovery and cleaning.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team