Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

147 Stanley Steemer Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 21, 2019

My experiences from making an appointment to seeing the rugs finished was amazing. I made the appointment on Friday for Saturday. Within 15 minutes someone called back to confirm the order and shorten expected time of arrival! On Saturday they arrived on time and immediately got to work. The workers were very professional and their final results were extremely clean and stainless rugs!!! Will use and recommend Stanley Steemer to others.

Original review: June 22, 2019

We had 4" of rain overnight and our storm drain outside got clogged, so our laundry room, lower bathroom, and part of our family room got flooded. We called Stanley Steemer carpet restoration, Portage, MI. The 2 technicians, Marco and Connor **, were very professional about accessing the damage. In the end, they decided we did not need carpet restoration, but a few days drying out with dehumidifiers and fans. They told us where to put everything for maximum drying, and said we should call them when the carpet dried out so they could come and clean it. They could have charged us a lot of money (they get paid on commission), but they charged nothing for their kind help and advice. These young men are to be commended!

Get expert buying tips about Fire and Water Damage Restoration delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2019

On 6/20/2019, Pedro and Tony (service techs of Stanley Steemer) arrived promptly on time, to clean the carpet in our entire house. They were professional, friendly, and very respectful of our personal property in our house. They did an excellent job and our 30 year old carpet has never looked better. The price was reasonable and fair. Thanks again guys for a job well-done. DEFINITELY recommend Stanley Steemer, Pedro and Tony!! Signed Tom & Patsy

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

We are a camp and retreat center with heavy traffic volume on our carpets. We thought we'd have to replace carpet, but Stanley Steemer saved it! I think we have another five+ years of life. So pleased we can use resources on ministry vs. new carpet! Thanks, Stanley Steemer! Exceptional service, speedy response, great price.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I scheduled an appointment for a hallway, powder room, and large living room carpet cleaning. I have used Stanley Steemer before and was lucky enough to get the same people who did last fall's cleaning. They showed up on time, did a great job and were very professional, as well as courteous and friendly. I will continue to use Stanley Steemer every year.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stanley Steemer?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Looking at pictures I thought that my carpets would look great. Which they were not in back condition. When the job was done my carpets looked like I had shampoo them with my own carpet cleaner. I am very disappointed on the job and want my 135.00 back. I do not recommended them at all.

Original review: July 27, 2019

Stanley Steemer (Located in Alexandria Virginia) - DC South Sent an invoice to to my insurance company that stated service was rendered for six days. The service that the claim was supposed to be for by them was for 4 days. In addition, a faulty dehumidifier was found after 4 days. The company advised they would only bill 2 days of that machine. So why did they send a fraudulent invoice in on services completely? Why have the branch manager and general manager fail to return calls and been dismissive to my complaint? DO NOT USE STANLEY STEEMER UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE DEFRAUDED.

Original review: July 25, 2019

Gross TV ad at breakfast time on 5 ABC Cleveland. A baby throwing up on dad's face. We change the channel. What in the world are you thinking? It turns us off our breakfast and your product. You have a great service and you can do better than this. Please consider action on this feedback.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I had Stanley come out yesterday. After the cleaning, I complained about the traffic areas looking so bad. They said it was the carpet being worn and it would not come any cleaner. The photo below is from my Bissell carpet cleaner the next morning. And this was only from a 5 x 10 area. They did a lousy job.

Original review: July 18, 2019

While the cleaning came out satisfactory - some spots came out- I am giving only two stars for the following reason. When I was asked to look at the rug, it seemed fine so I approved the work. However I subsequently found that the carpet buckled. I think I would have been better off using the $250 as a down payment on a new rug.

Stanley Steemer expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This experienced restoration and cleaning company, with services since 1947, has offices in 48 states. Though known more for their steam-cleaning equipment, they also handle residential and commercial water restoration services.

• On call 24/7: No matter when disaster strikes, you can contact a water removal and restoration specialist on their emergency hotline for advice over the phone of what to do before the crew arrives.

• Allergy certified: The company has endorsements from the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, citing a 94-percent allergen-removal success rate.

• 15-minute response: The company promises that water removal and restoration experts will contact you with 15 minute of your call.

• Insurance assistance: One big help in getting life back to normal is that they can work directly with your insurance agent to speed up claim processing.

• Vehicle specialists: No other company is better equipped to handle damage or cleaning for the unique surfaces in cars, trucks, boats and RVs.

• Best for: Although they do not cover fire-damage recovery, this company is an effective business partner for rapid water-damage recovery and cleaning.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs