3.8/5 (184 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Stanley Steemer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stanley Steemer?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stanley Steemer?

Original review: April 8, 2022

I had Stanley Steemer return today to touch up a couple of spots that I felt were not cleaned well on their first visit. Today's tech educated me that lighter color carpeting is more difficult to get clean. Although all the other carpet is the same color all stains were removed on the first visit. He pretreated the two areas and waited a few minutes before cleaning the carpet. I am somewhat pleased with the results.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

Stanley Steemer cleaned my ductwork and did a fantastic job. They were thorough, and very professional. I will definitely call them again. I’ve also used their carpet cleaning services and received the same great results. You can’t go wrong hiring Stanley Steemer.

Get buying tips about Fire and Water Damage Restoration delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

Our service tech {Quinten} was Excellent. Very pleasant. Answer our question and let us know where he was starting. WILL ASK FOR HIM AGAIN. Hardworking Technician. Was Careful with all of our furniture. Thanks for your service.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

This company scheduled quickly and showed up on time with a very pleasant and professional employee (Jeremy). My area rugs and stair runner were cleaned thoroughly and to my satisfaction! I would definitely recommend Stanley Steemer for this service and will use them again.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

If I could give 0 stars I would. I hired Stanley Steemer to clean my hardwood floors and kitchen tile and my floors looked the same after they left. They came again and sent someone out to verify the floors and the guy that came out also agreed my floors looked a mess. The manager in the Alexandria store threaten to take me to collection for refusing to pay because I wasn’t satisfied with the service. If your own Technician standing at my home verified the floors was not cleaned properly, how can you asked me for payment. Please don’t hire Stanley Steemer. They are in my opinion a rip-off company who have inexperienced workers.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

These guys absolutely destroyed our ducts and vents. Without permission, they cut a huge hole in the duct, left it taped when they finished the jobs and now the entire thing is blowing air everywhere aside from the vents. It almost ruined my entire AC system. Do not deal with these amateurs.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

I have a $150 carpet cleaner than does a job that is ten times better that what Stanley steamer did. Very disappointed with their work. You would think a commercial cleaning business could do a better job than a cheap carpet cleaner. Would not recommend and will never use again. Your better off doing it yourself with a cheap carpet cleaner

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

I had scheduled an appointment with Stanley Steemer. After waiting 4+ hours, they arrived and said they couldn't clean my sectional because it didn't have fabric tags on it. Would have been nice to know prior to scheduling an appointment - should have been a question online. Never will use them in future.

Original review: July 25, 2022

I have had three appointments to have area rugs cleaned in my home. Technicians arrived and claimed they couldn’t park close enough and left. I’ve been told by one they have a portable cleaning device but it doesn’t work. The dispatcher knew in advance that I live in center city Phila. If they cannot work in a city they should not schedule jobs there.

Original review: July 3, 2022

These friendly and polite young workers with very little experience seem reliable, but neither they nor their management will own their failings & cover-ups when they know that they have stained and damaged your natural fibers upholstery & nylon carpet. Instead of being forthright & forthcoming, they immediately become unavailable via phone, then later lie to deny their own speedy workmanship with their own reckless use of Stanley chemicals and their own personal chemicals. Though, they remain friendly & polite, they speak only to reframe your complaint and accusation into what they claim it to be. And that's when they twist your words to document that you "...would do business with them again." And that's how they end their Steemer transaction with you.

Even if you don't mind that your upholstery & carpet will not look much cleaner than before, you should proceed only with 100% supervision. Do make our mistake of leaving them alone to be their own best professionals. They are not professionals at all. In fact, a manager of Mundelein-Grayslake doesn't even know all workers on their service "teams." Do not leave these workers alone in a room to repeat their well-practiced Damage & Denial routines. They believe that you proceed at your own risk. And you should believe that, too.

Stanley Steemer author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

This experienced restoration and cleaning company, with services since 1947, has offices in 48 states. Though known more for their steam-cleaning equipment, they also handle residential and commercial water restoration services.

• On call 24/7: No matter when disaster strikes, you can contact a water removal and restoration specialist on their emergency hotline for advice over the phone of what to do before the crew arrives.

• Allergy certified: The company has endorsements from the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, citing a 94-percent allergen-removal success rate.

• 15-minute response: The company promises that water removal and restoration experts will contact you with 15 minute of your call.

• Insurance assistance: One big help in getting life back to normal is that they can work directly with your insurance agent to speed up claim processing.

• Vehicle specialists: No other company is better equipped to handle damage or cleaning for the unique surfaces in cars, trucks, boats and RVs.

Stanley Steemer Company Information