Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
3.03/5

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

134 Stanley Steemer Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 16, 2019

I scheduled an appointment to have my ceramic tile floors and grout cleaned. Price was quoted in advance based on number of rooms. Upon arrival the tech demonstrates with a brush, some solution, and minimal effort that cleaning the grout will not restore its original color. (FYI, the floor was only two years old.) He said the only way to restore the grout color was basically to recolor the grout with colored sealer --- for twice the price.

I'm very happy with the result, but I'm very unhappy with the way we achieved it. Stanley Steemer's own ads say "Our professional tile and grout cleaning service uses our proprietary hot water extraction cleaning method to clean out the hidden dirt and restore the luster to your floors. In addition, we’ll remove 96.5% allergens from your grout." So, the consumer would expect to get my result with their proprietary cleaning method. Instead, upon arrival essentially the tech said the proprietary cleaning method doesn't work BUT for twice as much money we can make it look clean again. Very, very shady!

Original review: June 15, 2019

Completely dishonest with pricing! They gave me a quote on the phone with confirmation and then the technician showed up and doubled the price, even though the square footage had not changed! End result of cleaning was poor at best. RUN AWAY! Find someone else who is not a scam artist.

Get expert buying tips about Fire and Water Damage Restoration delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Made an online appointment for hardwood cleaning and maintenance coat put down. The issue is that not enough info is given when service is scheduled. We moved several rooms of rugs, furniture. Techs were great and he explained after he got there about the maintenance coat. They did not come in the time frame I requested. Came late and there was not enough time to clean and put coat down to dry then move in all the furniture. The issue is I was not given sufficient info when appointment made. Had used them for years and never will again.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I have never been more disappointed with customer service than I was today. We are moving into our new home and decided while it was completely empty to go ahead and have the carpets cleaned. They were not stained, muddy, dirty - but thought it was probably the last time the house would be empty so it should be done.

We were given the time span of 12-5 when I made the appointment. The cleaner shows up at 5pm, clearly exhausted. Said he had been at work by himself since 7am and has been working 60 hour weeks for the past several weeks. He then proceeds to look through the house and say, the dispatcher didn’t charge enough - instead of $290 it’s going to be $460.00. I sucked it up, said fine. He says, "this will take me about 3 hours to do." I thought well this is going to be a long night (as we had already been at the empty house since 11am because they could have arrived as early as noon).

Finally, at 11:45 PM he says he’s done. Took about another 30 minutes getting his stuff packed up. I’m sure our new neighbors loved the loud Stanley Steemer van running outside, for 7 hours, in the late hours. As if that wasn’t bad enough, he told us his stair cleaner was leaking - so there would be a little more water than usual in the seams of the stairs but it would dry. He also had to borrow tape 3 times because the hose kept coming detached from the carpet cleaner he was using on the main floors. He also proceeded to tell us before he left “I probably banged up some of your baseboards” as he shrugged and walked to the van. Our white tile was muddy and all wet from all his equipment. Also the area rug he trampled all over that he said he would clean, didn’t get cleaned.

Here’s where it gets really good! We stayed out and off of the carpet for 48 hours. He said 12-24 hours but we wanted to be safe. Went today to check on the carpet and our basement carpet was still soaking wet. I called and explained what has happened and that we have movers scheduled for Wednesday morning and we needed the carpet to be dried - her response was, “Let me put you on hold and see if we may be able to squeeze you in tonight.” Uh, okay. She gets back on and says, “Yes, between 4 and 5 pm we will get someone there.”

I asked to speak to a manager and was connected to Mark who is the manager for the Warren County - Ohio locations. I explained everything above to him. He was “shocked” and stated he was sorry and that this is not how they do business. He said, “We will get someone out there now, get the extra water suctioned, clean the area rug, and we will go ahead and clean the tile.” I thanked him and waited for the arrival of yet another carpet cleaner. (As if spending 13 hours 2 days before this wasn’t enough). It was after 5 when the cleaner arrived and made a comment about "wow, that’s a lot of tile." He went down and saw the basement carpet and said himself it should not have taken the other cleaner anywhere near that long to clean the carpets nor should the carpet still be so wet.

I then received a call from Mark, the manager, stating he didn’t realize that there was more than one small section of tile and that his guy was not going to do it for free and we could have him clean it, but would need to submit payment. Excuse me? So even though we have dealt with all of this, wasted so much time, you come and fix the issue but don’t feel the need to make it right? After you OFFERED to clean the tile? He then proceeded to tell me that he made it right by finding someone to come to the house the same day I called to soak up all the extra water. Again, excuse me? So he apparently thought he was doing me a favor for me to have to sit around for another 2 hours for them to fix what they messed up. The cleaner himself told me it would have only taken him about an hour to clean the tile.

After this story, I can’t believe the manager had the nerve to think more about the dollar than the customer. It’s unbelievable that this type of service is even acceptable. We had other carpets we were going to have them clean - but we will NEVER be going back to them and will make sure everyone we know doesn’t either!

Original review: June 8, 2019

The service is nothing more than a scam! My area rug returned after a monthly was still badly stained and, as it had sat in a warehouse for a month was still damp and mold had developed on the rug's backing! As for the tile cleaning etc. I am still trying to remove stain residue left by their technicians. What a joke! And the greatest insult, you have to pay up front! What a fool I have been. Buyer Beware of Stanley Steemer!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stanley Steemer?

Original review: June 2, 2019

I contacted the Stanley Steemer in Lexington, KY to come out and clean my $500 8X10 area rug. I was originally quoted $130, which I figured was fine. The two guys showed up on time but they wanted to take the rug with them because I have wood floors, they didn't want to ruin them. I agreed and was then charged $265. I didn't like that price but I needed my rug cleaned before company came over. They took it on a Friday and I was told that I would get it back early on Monday, long before my company would show up.

I waited on Monday and no one came, I finally decided to call customer service at 4 pm and I'm told that they forgot to put it in their system so my rug didn't end up on the truck for delivery that day. I was then told that I could still have it delivered that day or the next day. I told the customer service representative that I needed it that day. So I waited and finally received a phone call from the delivery person's personal cell phone at 6 pm. He said that he was at the shop and was told by his boss that he could deliver it today or I can wait till tomorrow. I told him that I needed it now and he reluctantly agreed.

He finally got it to me at 7 pm, right when my company was coming through the door also. My husband had to help him unload the rug. When my husband rolled it out, it was still covered in dog hair and smelled worse than when I let them take it. I asked for both deodorizing and protection, it didn't seem like they did that at all, it didn't even looked like they cleaned it. I didn't think much of it right then because I had family that was going to stay with me for 2 weeks. Once family left, I got down on my hands and knees with my shop vac to see if I could remove the dog hair myself, something I didn't want to do because my husband and I are both not healthy people. I did a better job than they ever did! That's when I noticed it, cat vomit was STILL in my rug.

I complained to them about it and demanded my money back. I could have spent less money renting a rug doctor, I mean I was already in pain after using the shop vac. They wouldn't give me my money back and wanted to come back out here instead. The supervisor tried acting like I never had them clean my rug by saying that he never saw it. He told me that he would send someone to my house to look over the rug and clean it for free. Fine! As long as it gets done this time. He said that someone would be there at 4 pm the next day, I agreed.

Next morning, someone from Stanley Steemer called and asked if they could come at 1 pm instead and I agreed to that. I waited and waited, no one showed up. I figured they decided to come at 4 pm instead, so I waited. At 5 pm I called customer service and asked them what was going on. They told me that the guy was stuck at a job and it was running over time. The guy finally called me personally at 6 pm and told me that he was going to be late but he'd be there by 7 pm. I wasted a whole day waiting!

The guy came and he was just as confused as I was. He was told three different things by three different people. First, they told him to pick the rug up for cleaning and that I was to be charged for it. Second, they then told him that he was only to come over and look over the rug. Third, he was supposed to pick up the rug for cleaning but I wasn't being charged for it. He wanted me to explain what I was told, so I did. I also told him that when we originally got the rug back from them that it was still covered in dog hair.

He agreed that it was poor practice and couldn't believe they didn't really clean it. He then tells me that they may have to send the rug to Columbus, OH for a better cleaning and I might not get it back for 2 weeks but he wasn't sure. He said a supervisor would call me to confirm. It's been three days and no one has called. I feel like they are going to lose my rug again! I will call on Monday to see what's going on. I'm hoping they don't try to charge me for this and that the rug comes back clean and in the perfect condition it left.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Had Stanley Steemer come out to clean our rugs, couches and dining room chairs. They kept trying to raise the price with every rug. They wanted to charge $500.00 for two 5x 7 rugs area rugs and 100 more to take them for 2 weeks to get them cleaned “better”. I could go buy new ones for cheaper! Came back home and dining room chairs look like they used dirty water and it ran down the sides of the fabric. They are now yellow brownish color! Being upset I called and they cannot come out until Monday afternoon it being a Friday! Ughh having company on Saturday. Oh and coincidentally the managers are too busy and unable to speak to me at this time! Don’t use this company! Gave them one star because I had too!

Original review: April 30, 2019

My grout was dull and I thought Stanley Steemer was the way to go. There was no demo of the work they just jumped right in by trying to sell me their mat for the front door that would stop the dirt from coming in, in the first place. Irritant #1. Then they walked around and came up, with a different amount than I Had been quoted but I Argued that...then they tried to sell me the grout sealing for some ridiculous price but I said no and then they said $100 and I agreed. It literally took him 2 minutes to seal the grout in all the areas and I didn't even realize he was doing it till he headed out the door with the device they roll it on with..

He hurried out of the master bath area mumbling something about the grout. After it dried I guess he was saying that he ruined it because when it was dry it looked spotty and discolored. The final part was trying to sell me their cleaner which I bought begrudgingly and is no different than any unscented cleaner. Honestly at that point I want to say that I was aggravated and uncomfortable in my own home having to argue and bicker with these men. Final cost including the $22 cleaner was a little over $400!! Thought it was going to be $200! Never ever again! The grout is not sealed and looks just as bad after I clean...waste of money and aggravation!

Original review: April 29, 2019

Scheduled Stanley Steemer to come clean grout and color seal the grout. When tech looked at job he said that I would need two coats. I said I didn’t think so but took his professional option. I was told when booking the service that they would do a demo which was told to me the technician said they don’t do that. I went back and forth with him about all the pricing so he said he would give me 10% off which still was not near the quote I got from the representative on the phone.

I was very hesitant to have the work done but I said to do the work and I would deal with the company after. I questioned the tech several times about the process he was doing. He said that was the way it was done. The tech did not have the right tools. He asked me for a toothbrush to put the color sealer down. I thought that was weird. After putting the color sealer down he said they were done, I said, "You said I needed 2 coats." He informed he did. I was home and watching the whole time and I never saw him do a second coat.

To finish up which I could go on and on. I called the company and told my concerns to a manager who was very professional and concerned for my complaint. It took a week but I did get a little compensation back. I would be very carefully when scheduling them. Get a quote in writing and emailed to you and if you are overcharged from tech call company before you agree to the work. I hope for the money the grout stays clean for a long time.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I booked Stanley Steemer to come and clean carpets in a condo on behalf of a client. Their online booking system required that I fill in what floor the unit was on, and whether there was an elevator. I advised that it was on the third floor and there was no elevator. At 8am, I got a text saying that they were on their way. They failed to mention that they were on their way from quite far north, during rush hour traffic. After waiting an hour, they showed up and asked to see the job. They then proceeded to tell me that they weren't "allowed" to carry the equipment up that many flights of stairs. They conferred with their supervisor who agreed, and could offer no explanation to me as to why this job would not have been refused upfront based on my input.

Between getting to and from the condo, waiting for an hour, and then dealing with their refusal, I wasted 2 hours of valuable time - not to mention the fact that I now have to go back on Tuesday to meet another company who is quite happy to do the job. And yes, Triple S is well aware of the location of the unit and has cleaned there before. I have referred Stanley Steemer to clients many times. Never again.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Grout cleaning- techs who cleaned left dirt in corners and against edges. Only after I called it out did they try to clean it. When I got down on my knees with rag I found a lot of dirt wiped up with no scrubbing. Job started to look good. They were in a hurry to get done and move on to the next job. Company seems to go by is it good enough rather than a job done is a job that is well done. They offered to take off bathroom cleaning but I wasn't going to stiff them. I just wanted results I could be happy with. I paid full amount but would not use again.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I realize there are many Stanley Steemer franchise operations. This is our experience with a main Stanley Steemer located in Dunbar, West Virginia, and I believe they also operate several others nearby. Dunbar is small bedroom community outside Charleston so not much competition for any service type suppliers. Called this Dunbar Stanley Steemer about 3 years ago to clean wall to wall carpets in 4 rooms for my 97 year old mom who lives alone. No, she does not want to move and is still very independent so we try to manage from Virginia and visit as often as possible.

Anyway they did a very poor job and carpets were so spongy with water. They did not vacuum up. Your shoes would get soaked just walking across, so we called them back and they finally got the rugs more dry but not perfect. However, I decided to give them another chance and called them last week to do same rugs again hoping things would go better this time. They promised to arrive at 1 pm the next day, but no show by 2, then no show by 3, then they called at 4 saying they are on way. Then no show by 5, then an elderly guy and young kid finally arrived around 6 pm, worked less than 2 hours for 4 rooms so mom paid them and they left. I’m 5 hour drive away so can’t be there for everything.

Called mom next day and she said carpets were fairly dry this time but looked terrible with dark and light splotches all over, and carpet nap running in all directions. This time I did not call them back as I learned my lesson but ate the $204 charge. I then called an independent carpet cleaner caked Extreme Carpet Cleaning in Nitro, West Virginia who uses the same type truck mounted equipment that Stanley Steemer uses. This second company did a great job and was very professional.

Here is side by side comparison: Stanley Steemer arrived 5 hours late, Extreme Carpet Cleaning arrived on time. The two Stanley Steemer guys were dressed in unmatched work clothes, the two guys from Extreme Carpet Cleaning wore matching company log clothing. The older Stanley Steemer guy just stood and watched the younger guy. The older Extreme Carpet Cleaning guy fed most of cleaning while younger guy was constantly helping, moving hoses, moving furniture, and moving around fans.

The Stanley Steemer guys did not bring any fans, while the Extreme Carpet Cleaning guys brought multiple drying fans with them to speed up drying process. Stanley Steemer charged $204, worked less than 2 hours, and did a poor job. Extreme Carpet Cleaning charged $165, worked 3 hours, and did a great job. I tried to report our poor experience with this local franchise to corporate Stanley Steemer, but all I found are multiple links to boards like this full of customer complaints against Stanley Steemer. Buyer beware!

Original review: April 4, 2019

Scrubbed so hard he ripped the fabric all the way down the entire arm of the loveseat. Tried to act like it was already like that by saying, "I finished cleaning it. Did you know this arm is messed up?" Um, no, it wasn't. Then tried to offer me a lower price on the cleaning. I told him I didn't feel I should have to pay anything since he ruined an $800 piece of furniture. They agreed to that but nothing else. Corporate called the next day to ask if I was satisfied. When I explained what happened I was told there was nothing they could do. Then why did you call? Probably to try to sell more services. The entire time they were here they kept trying to upsell me on a deodorizer for an extra $80. Save yourself the headache and just rent a professional machine and spray some Febreze.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I called to have a hallway cleaned and was quoted $99.00 by phone and was told that the $99.00 is a minimum charge so adding another room would be the same price so I agreed to the two rooms at $99.00. On the day of the cleaning, only my husband was home. He was charged $270.00 (the original hallway I wanted cleaned plus the room I was told on the phone would be included plus an additional room that they told my husband would be free of charge). They also charged for an area rug that I had not asked to be cleaned. When my husband pointed out that didn't seem to be what was quoted (but my husband didn't actually know the exact quote since I was the one that initially called for the service) they took $50.00 magically off the bill.

I called Stanley Steemer the next day and a "manager" said he would check the recording of the initial phone call and get back to me. Of course he never did. I then called again and spoke to someone else and told the whole story again. That person was not concerned to say the least. This seems like the classic bait and switch operation, and I would be very wary and make sure the price is what is quoted (or at least close to it!) before signing the receipt after the cleaning. Terrible customer service.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Did a decent job on carpet but they also cleaned our tile and sealed them. They did not take off the previous seal so the current seal is scarring. So called Stanley and they send people out and said it is normal wear and tear. Talked to a professional tile person and they said you cannot put a seal on a seal. Especially if you don’t know what the current seal is. So I called Stanley Steemer and the new owner said will can give you a new estimate on polishing the tile. Why would I hire a company that did a terrible job on sealing the tile and now wants to polish it. Just understand they can clean carpet but get a real company for tile.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I had a purple bracelet with hearts silver in September of 2018 in South Bend, IN. Two of the workers came - two ** men. I had back up to see what my SLOW??? Keep calling me. It threw me off and they stole my stuff. I called them - the office - no answer so I left a message and they still haven't called me back yet. My fiance got me that when I left the hospital for my condition and they stole my stuff. I will never call or suggest their service. So people be watchful of the workers. I would like it back or compensation of it but will never ask for their service.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Stanley Steemer removed water out of basement. Charged me $897.71 for about 3 or maybe 4 hours of work. There was a charge of $500.00 for extra with no explanation. I asked what that was for but got no answer. I paid the bill even though I did not authorize calling these people. I could have refused to pay them for this service since the owner of the property was never contacted about a price for this service. (It was rental property.) I think I was rooked by them. I will never pay them a cent again and the renter has been apprised of this. I think they just added $500.00 to the bill and split the money.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

They take advantage in my opinion of older people. I was quoted $149 and my wife was charged $400!!! She did add an area rug (12x10). I am contacting BBB and AARP to warn others. They had many charges that a normal person has no idea what they are talking about. Not to mention $10 surcharge which was not disclosed until the end. They said any tough stains was included in my initial quote yet they had many charges! Don't use them without a lawyer!!!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Got carpet cleaned in my computer room. 2 technicians came out, dragged hose in. Water dripping all over. Very sloppy workers. When they left they took hoses out leaking water all over. Never came back and clean up. I called. They said, "We very sorry."

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Scheduled carpet cleaning for our office on the 2nd floor. Two technicians came out to look at our office and review it before the crew arrived. Received a call saying that a crew with portable units is on their way out. Then one technician with the regular hose showed up and complained that he was alone and this could take over 3 hours. I called and expressed my concern with where the other crew is with the portable and this technician was alone. So they had him take everything back out of the office and the other team arrived, and to NOT be informed about this office. The portables need to be dumped at a restroom which is down at the end of the hall and used by other tenants. DO NOT use Stanley Steemer for your business in Las Vegas. Their lack of communication is just awful and a technician needs an attitude check.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Wow, I can't believe this company! They came out to clean my couch. It looks worse. They scrubbed it so hard, they messed the fabric up! They left my door open for 40 minutes, mind you it was 28 degrees outside. There was water all over my hardwood floors! They wanted to use my outside water faucet - hello it is winter and we shut the outside valves off! So this women tracks in my house with wet/snow boots and uses my sink. The worst yet is they looked like riffraff and had the music in the van in my driveway blaring! Seriously. How unprofessional!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I can not rate their work as I had none done. To explain, I made the appointment 3 weeks ago selecting the 1 to 4 pm slot. I called at 3 to check their ETA. I was told they were still on a job in Huntington. For those of you who do not know, Huntington encompasses a very large area. They would not tell me where they were. Only that I would get a text saying they were on their way. At 315 I got the text saying they were on the way. At 355 I called the office and told them not to bother. I did not want my floors (one wood, one tile) cleaned at night (daylight is less forgiving) and let's face it, by this point in the day, the technicians are going to sprint thru the job.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

The gentleman who came to my house was very friendly and professional. However, he spent a total of 45 minutes in my house clean 3 large rooms and stairs. The carpet does not look clean and smells even filthier. What is worse is that it has a greasy residue and is still not dry. Even though I was upsold on the "deodorizer", my carpets smell like wet dog. I completely threw away $210. My Bissell ProHeat does a better job. I could not be more disgusted. I should have waited for the ZeroRez appointment to open up.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Do not hire this company to complete your tile work. This company takes no pride in their work and unfortunately have poor work ethic and inexperienced employees completing service calls. Problem resolution skillsets are clearly not their strong suit. My floor was left with a partial 5-inch band of dirt around the entire 25-foot room. Please do not waste your time on filling out satisfaction surveys or emails because even their employees will tell you they don't read or respond to them.

When I called the number at the urging of their staff who was here for another service they set a redo appt to fix the problem areas. When the rep came out he argued, called management and refused to fix the obvious blundered tile cleaning. He admitted that it was poorly cleaned when the original cleaning was completed but refused to fix. This is what the appointment was for to fix the problem issues that THEIR employees who were servicing my carpet told me to schedule.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Stanley Steemer came to my house 2 weeks ago. When they left I ask the man what they use to clean the carpet with, he gave me a couple big names of cleaning solutions which I have never heard. Today I vacuumed and the carpet looked dirty (smelled like a wet dog), I used my carpet cleaner and recleaned my carpet and I was shocked at the dirty water it sucked up! You just can’t trust companies to do anything the way it should be. It’s all about how much they can charge for their services. I will never let them clean my carpet again!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Their service literally is a rip off! Floors pool worse now! They came out and did the basement and front room in about thirty minutes combined. The floor looks horrible. Two seemingly teenagers show up and they are nice but clearly in a hurry and your floors look the same or worse when they are done! Save your money! Mine were done by Stanley Steemer two days ago and now I have to pay a professional to come out! They literally SUCK! You call them and a fool and his money will soon part! Guess which one you are!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I booked a cleaning with this company in Pittsburgh and was quoted 105$. The technician arrived an hour early (7:30am). He then told me I was going to be charged $300. When I declined service I had to listen to a 10 minute sales pitch. So not happy!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Stanley Steemer of South Florida came to our home to “clean” the carpets. Apparently, we were the first customers that received service that day, as the crew came from Port St. Lucie. When the service technicians left the carpets were very wet; our socks were soaking wet. The crew consisted of Jerard **, and Alejandro **. Supposedly, Jerard was a water remediation specialist. Although we called the Stanley Steemer office to complain about the wet carpets (still wet 6 hours later) , we were told a crew would not be able to come back that day. Sadly, because of the water that collected on the window seat in our bedroom, our cat Em me, ruptured her bladder as she slipped and fell off the window seat.

Em had over $8,000 in surgeries and follow-up care, but because Em was a feline and not a human, Mike ** (PSL Stanley Steemer franchise owner/operator, **) did not feel his company was responsible and was unwilling to take ownership for Em me's medical care. Eventually, after a few phone calls, Mike ** came to our home to inspect our carpets. Mike admitted the carpet had several areas where Stanley Steemer applied cleaning concentrates that oxidized because they remained wet for too long a period and now they are permanently set. Mike said he would be willing, at no charge, to send a crew to the house whereby he would personally supervise the cleaning and emphasized he would get the carpets and stairs clean and really dry.

We decided to sue Stanley Steemer of South Florida for the costs of the damaged carpet and the veterinary bills, and their insurance company said they would settle the matter for $2,500. I even wrote a letter to the CEO of Stanley Steemer, Wesley C. Bates and he never responded; it appears he is not concerned about the reputation of his father's company.

Eventually, we dropped the suit as it was emotionally draining for myself and my wife; not to mention Stanley Steemer’s attorneys threatened to file sanctions against our attorney and ourselves. My advice is stay away from this company and remember you get what you pay for. Stanley Steemer is not the same company that my grandmother used to swear by, God rest her soul. I hope this will help prevent headaches and heartache for anyone considering Stanley Steemer of South Florida. It is a shame that a company can come into your home with complete disregard for your property and loved ones without any remorse or consequences for their actions.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Carpets have the same spots. Looks like it was never cleaned. Unprofessional kids cleaning them. Took only 45 minutes to clean two bedrooms, 2 stairways and entire basement plus the closets were not cleaned. Moving into a new move house. They offered to redo but now all my furniture and boxes were all over the house. Don't waste your money.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

We are a camp and retreat center with heavy traffic volume on our carpets. We thought we'd have to replace carpet, but Stanley Steemer saved it! I think we have another five+ years of life. So pleased we can use resources on ministry vs. new carpet! Thanks, Stanley Steemer! Exceptional service, speedy response, great price.

Stanley Steemer expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This experienced restoration and cleaning company, with services since 1947, has offices in 48 states. Though known more for their steam-cleaning equipment, they also handle residential and commercial water restoration services.

• On call 24/7: No matter when disaster strikes, you can contact a water removal and restoration specialist on their emergency hotline for advice over the phone of what to do before the crew arrives.

• Allergy certified: The company has endorsements from the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, citing a 94-percent allergen-removal success rate.

• 15-minute response: The company promises that water removal and restoration experts will contact you with 15 minute of your call.

• Insurance assistance: One big help in getting life back to normal is that they can work directly with your insurance agent to speed up claim processing.

• Vehicle specialists: No other company is better equipped to handle damage or cleaning for the unique surfaces in cars, trucks, boats and RVs.

• Best for: Although they do not cover fire-damage recovery, this company is an effective business partner for rapid water-damage recovery and cleaning.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs