3.4/5 (146 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Stanley Steemer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stanley Steemer?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stanley Steemer?

Original review: April 8, 2022

I had Stanley Steemer return today to touch up a couple of spots that I felt were not cleaned well on their first visit. Today's tech educated me that lighter color carpeting is more difficult to get clean. Although all the other carpet is the same color all stains were removed on the first visit. He pretreated the two areas and waited a few minutes before cleaning the carpet. I am somewhat pleased with the results.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

Stanley Steemer cleaned my ductwork and did a fantastic job. They were thorough, and very professional. I will definitely call them again. I’ve also used their carpet cleaning services and received the same great results. You can’t go wrong hiring Stanley Steemer.

Get buying tips about Fire and Water Damage Restoration delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

Our service tech {Quinten} was Excellent. Very pleasant. Answer our question and let us know where he was starting. WILL ASK FOR HIM AGAIN. Hardworking Technician. Was Careful with all of our furniture. Thanks for your service.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

This company scheduled quickly and showed up on time with a very pleasant and professional employee (Jeremy). My area rugs and stair runner were cleaned thoroughly and to my satisfaction! I would definitely recommend Stanley Steemer for this service and will use them again.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I see all the negative reviews about Stanley Steemer on this site, so I thought I'd give them a kudos. I live in Dallas, GA and called them out yesterday. I have old carpet in my apartment, Mgt would not clean it, so I made an appt with Stanley Steemer. Came out same day, on time, technician was very nice and knowledgeable, great job, decent price! I am pleased, and now can breathe a lot better, musty smell gone!

Original review: May 22, 2022

I had Stanley Steemer to clean 10 cushions on outdoor furniture. After it dried there were still many spots and water marks. I called the local number for Deer Park, NY where the customer service rep was attentive and promised the Manager (John) would return my call. It has been a week. I called 2 more times, needless to say John never returned my calls, but I was able to get most of the spots out with Resolve. What a total waste of money. I suspect the manager runs a shoddy business!

Original review: May 17, 2022

Stanley Steamer engages in a deceptive business practice that I find deplorable and feel like people should know about BEFORE making arrangements for cleaning, rather than at the time of service as I did. I was quoted a price to clean an upholstered loveseat and two chairs. Upon arrival, the technician informed me that I needed to spend an extra $100 for an enzyme treatment, or the furniture would grow bacteria and smell like mold/mildew after the treatment.

When I suggested this was a poor way to do business, he defended it by saying he would provide the cleaning at the agreed-upon price, but was just warning me about the mold/mildew outcome. It was my choice whether to purchase the enzyme treatment necessary to prevent this from happening. In other words, I had the choice of spending the extra $100, or having furniture that smelled like mold and mildew. I showed him the door. I don’t do business with people who try to take advantage of me, and an established company like Stanley Steamer should be ashamed of this practice. Be warned.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Terrible. Experience. We learned today that one hallway counts in fact as two hallways and one set of stairs counts as two sets of stairs. Believe me. Just because the stairs from living to basement (14 steps in total) are not curved (that is, there's a landing between them), they count it as two staircases. After many years with OxiFresh, I regret having ever changed (mainly because their lack of availability). Scammers. The web site doesn't explicitly tell you any of their constraints, I am guessing it's all in the fine print, hidden behind their "Terms and Conditions" link, which I haven't read. Probably my fault. Also it's the FIRST TIME EVER, that a carpet cleaning company has ever told me that my basement counts as two rooms. EVER. Scammers.

Original review: March 22, 2022

Water problem in basement. Came and set up fans, etc. Said it would be a low cost and not enough to turn into insurance. Technician didn't really have any info on the charge. Got a bill and way more than anticipated. Tried to call and get breakdown. No call back.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

Had a oriental cleaned...still have spots on it, company never left a message or called back… I called Mari several times. I do not recommend their service…. I’m still waiting!! I contacted the main office again. I am still waiting.

Stanley Steemer author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

This experienced restoration and cleaning company, with services since 1947, has offices in 48 states. Though known more for their steam-cleaning equipment, they also handle residential and commercial water restoration services.

• On call 24/7: No matter when disaster strikes, you can contact a water removal and restoration specialist on their emergency hotline for advice over the phone of what to do before the crew arrives.

• Allergy certified: The company has endorsements from the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, citing a 94-percent allergen-removal success rate.

• 15-minute response: The company promises that water removal and restoration experts will contact you with 15 minute of your call.

• Insurance assistance: One big help in getting life back to normal is that they can work directly with your insurance agent to speed up claim processing.

• Vehicle specialists: No other company is better equipped to handle damage or cleaning for the unique surfaces in cars, trucks, boats and RVs.

Stanley Steemer Company Information