1.19/5
Based on 47 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need fire and water damage restoration?

96 Stanley Steemer Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I’ve never been so disappointed in a company. I needed the carpet cleaned in a large family room. The 2 guys “cleaned” a 500 square foot room in about 20 minutes. When I went in to check the cleaning job I saw that the carpet looked no different but now it was very wet. They had not cleaned under most of the furniture but had just cleaned around it. When I questioned them about the traffic area still being dirty I was told that they couldn’t get that clean. Then why would I call them to come out? That was my whole purpose for calling them out. NEVER again.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I had called Stanley Steemer for an urgent carpet cleaning, area not more than 600 sq.ft. I was quoted $175 which I accepted and scheduled for a next day appointment (from Union City, NJ). As I live in the suburb and the apartment is in Hoboken, I went there and waited for the scheduled appointment time between 12 and 3. I was surprised that no one had called or even confirmed the appointment to me on email. So I called their central number at 11:45 am to confirm if their guys would come as per confirmed to me by their service center the prior day there. I said yes... so I waited for 3 patient hours in an unfurnished apartment. At 2:45 I received a call saying that they were running late. Ammas would be there between 3:30 and 4:30. The late notice flipped me off and I canceled the appointment after wasting half a day. Totally irresponsible and unsympathetic service.

Get expert buying tips about Fire and Water Damage Restoration delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I would give a negative if I could. I called SS in a panic since my dog came in the house smelling like skunk. Now my whole house smells. When I called, I first wanted to schedule carpet cleaning, then also wanted a quote on duct cleaning. I already had the carpet cleaning scheduled when I called to ask about duct cleaning. The girl on the phone said she would schedule someone to come out and give me an estimate and scheduled for the same day as the carpets. So when a gentleman from SS called to tell me they were on their way, I asked if it was the carpet cleaner or duct cleaning guy. He told me, "Oh the carpet guy can do that." I said, "Ok fine." When the cleaner came, he was at least honest and told me that the cleaning may make the skunk smell worse. So then I panicked and he said you should have the ducts done first due to dust, which makes sense.

So then I asked him for a quote on the duct cleaning and he did not ask how many registers I had, he only looked in my basement and gave me a range of $600-700. They set me up for the next day. I declined the carpet cleaning at this time. I wanted an actual amount, so I called the toll-free number and they still could not give me answer and said I would get an email, which I never got. They wanted $145 to clean my dryer vent. Ridiculous. I called them and told them to cancel everything. After I did this I saw they got a terrible review so I am glad I did not go with them. I called someone else and they gave me so much information. I guess that's what happens when you really are calling a call center for SS. The phone people don't have a clue what anything is. Will never recommend.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I received the money mailer and Stanley Steamer had a coupon for 3 rooms 99$. I called to set up a appointment and when they came they quoted me 200$. I handed him the coupon and he said, "We do not honor them. It was a glitch error in mailing room." 2 years later I'm still getting them so I turned them in to Better Business Bureau and waiting on a reply.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Technician came out and was pleasant, showed him the leather couch to clean. He completed the job and left. I found the seat cushions stacked, and the bottom one had two running stains on it. Called the local company (Pittsburgh). Three phone calls were not returned. When I finally got through the call center, I spoke with the quality control person, who was supposed to have called me. After I spoke with him and the local manager, several times I had to call them because they would not return my call. Their final solution was that the stains were there because the tech had taken photos. I was there prior to his cleaning and he never took photos. Still waiting to hear back from them about a refund of services. I have told many friends and coworkers about this experience. They dont call back and blame everything on the consumer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stanley Steemer?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

If I could do negative star I would. I called yesterday, August 8, 2018 to get a estimate for my friend. She wanted to get her granddaughters carpets cleaned for her birthday. When I called, I spoke with Linda, and explained why I was calling. She got an attitude with me telling me that her granddaughter needs to call to schedule the appointment. I then explained that all I want is a quote. Linda was so rude with me and actually sighed several times. I asked her why she’s giving me attitude. I ended up hanging up on her. I will NEVER call Stanley Steemer again.

Original review: July 20, 2018

They arrived on time and was very quick with services, but the quality of cleaning was terrible. Tile looks great, but the grout is only slightly better than before. I showed the gentleman my test area that I cleaned by hand, and the difference in the grout that they have just cleaned, no comparison. He told me that they used the strongest cleaner that they have and that was the best they could do. I could have done better by hand, if I would have only had the time, which now I must take the time and clean by hand since I have all the furniture moved.

The tile next to the cabinets and walls did not even get touched and they still look exactly like they were before, dirty. For a professional cleaning, it is not up to standards. I think Stanley Steemer should stick to what they do best and that is carpets. It was really a waste of money to have Stanley Steemer clean my grout, which I will never do again and will not recommend to any friends or neighbors. Not a Satisfied Customer.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Stanley Steemer came and "cleaned" my wool carpets. They told me that it was too old (15 years) to do any good. Very little to help me. Dirty spots were left, which I consequently cleaned myself by hand - finding so much dirt left on the carpets by SS! My advice to you is: don't let these guys in your house.

Original review: July 18, 2018

We had our vents cleaned and we're pleased with the work, especially after showing us what they sucked out! However, they didn't move any furniture back, left some dirt and metal shavings, but more importantly broke some ceiling tiles and the wire holding the ceiling up. I wrote to them online and received no response. Very disappointed and will not recommend.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I had my air ducts cleaned by Stanley Steemer and after they were done and gone I noticed that they never replaced or even checked my air filter!!! My filter was so plugged up and in really bad shape that air would barely flow thru it!! Thank God I was home and caught it, instead of my wife being home by herself. It was 90* out and my system was freezing up! How do you do a total air system cleaning and not change the filter!!?? I called them the next day and their story was different with every person that I talked to! I requested a manager come out and he did, but he just gave me an excuse that they don’t want you change your filter for at least 3 days after they have been there! I had an estimate 2 days prior to having the work done and in it, it says they will be replacing the air filter in the cost. It wasn’t done!!

Original review: July 6, 2018

I recently had Stanley Steemer come and clean my vents. After they left I noticed white particles on my furniture every time the blowers were going. I called them to have them come out and fix the problem. They came out and redid my vents and assured me that there would be no problem again. That evening the white particles were back. I am very angry that I never had this problem until you came to clean my vents. Breathing these particles was causing me to be sick. Since the problem wasn’t taken care of I had to call another company. I was shown pictures of what was left in my vents (clearly you did nothing) and after he cleaned them properly, how they looked. I feel that Stanley Steemer took my money and did not do the job. I am very, very unhappy. I feel I should receive a partial refund for the job NOT done!

Original review: June 19, 2018

Our insurance company, Liberty Mutual called Stanley Steemer when we had a leak in our kitchen to do the Water Remediation. The first day, Stanley Steemer sent out the manager and three very big, strapping young men (big men that looked like they worked out) and they spent an hour walking around our home taking pictures with their tablets?! (Why did the manager bring three big men with him just to take pictures?) The leak was from our dishwasher, which I had to point out to the manager AND give him pictures of it leaking, before he had me start the dishwasher to make it leak all over AGAIN just to prove it to him! The manager told me he would return the next day, no time given, to perform the task of removing the cabinets, countertop, dishwasher, sink, etc. to access the flooring to address the leak.

When the Stanley Steemer personnel arrived the next day, we were very surprised to see the manager accompanied not by the three tall, strong men that he had from the day before, but with only two very young men who were half the size of the previous men. Let me make this known: these younger men were very courteous, polite, and well mannered. I hold no ill-will toward these gentlemen.

The manager and the men dismantled our kitchen, (base cabinets involving the sink, dishwasher, garbage disposal, and the all-in-one piece countertop). During the demo process, the countertop and sink were removed and placed in the dining room, and the water-damaged cabinet and garbage disposal were left in our rock garden outside our house. Three other cabinets and the dishwasher were displaced from their original locations presumably for the manager to look for other water damage.

Once the demo was finished, the manager left leaving his crew behind and no further communication. We actually didn't know he left. While reviewing the demo results, we noticed our stainless steel refrigerator door was dented in several places and our garbage disposal was still left outside. We called the manager expressing our concerns about the damage and about when and who would put the kitchen back together, because at this point we didn't have surfaces for meal prep or a sink to work with. The manager requested pictures of the damaged refrigerator door several times upon his request. He said the company would replace the refrigerator door and HE would install it for us, but we asked for a licensed technician to install the door instead. We were concerned about Stanley Steemer replacing the door when they don’t employ appliance repair technicians.

We made several attempts to talk to the manager over the course of two months since mid-April regarding not only the refrigerator door and garbage disposal, but the condition of our kitchen, during which time our garbage disposal weathered the elements until the manager finally picked up the device to inspect it himself on May 29, 2018.

It is now June 19, 2018 and the manager calls to tell us he has our refrigerator door replacement and our garbage disposal was cleaned up. He did not intend to have a technician install the door, nor did he have arrangements made to put the kitchen back together. The manager told us since we had so many specifications about our refrigerator, he thought we had someone to install the door for us and went back on his word. The manager at Stanley Steemer said we were trying to get something for nothing, and hung up on us.

We then tried to reach out to the branch manager of the New Castle, Delaware branch, which is the manager’s home location. We left a detailed account with a customer service representative and our contact information. We have not heard back from the branch manager yet. We are writing this review as a testimonial so others do not find themselves in the same peril that we find ourselves in. If your insurance company says they are sending over Stanley Steemer, STOP THEM!!! And immediately request someone else! Thank you for reading this review.

Original review: June 9, 2018

The 2 men that came to clean my carpet were nice. I do not believe they used soap or anything other than water. I asked if they treated the stains in the den and was told yes. I was also told that the carpet would lighten as it dries. No stains came out -none. I was told I had to initial for each room that they cleaned. Very disappointed in this company. I would say do not use them. I filled out a survey that was sent to me and asked to be contacted by them but so far 10 days later nothing. Don't waste your money.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I made arrangements for my 90 year old Father-In-Law to have his carpets cleaned in New York. (I live in Pa.) It should be noted his wife of 69 years had just passed away this month, I told the 1-800 number what rooms needed to be cleaned and I gave them the $30,00 coupon off, told them to call me. I would be the contact due to hearing loss issues and gave them my email. The confirmation email had our agreed upon price $213.00. When Stanley Steamer staff called my cell to say they would be there in a few minutes.

I called my Father-In-Law to let him know what to expect from this company. When he called me that night after the carpets were done he was very upset. Said it was more than he expected. It was doubled to the tune of $517.00 Apparently the staff told him he should really get this extra services that he didn’t need nor did he understand. It was per room for each service. He said they never explained it was per room and when he asked for a copy of the bill they couldn’t provide that for him but instead had him sign a black box. (He had no idea what that was.) They completely set him up, encouraged him that it would really be better to do these extra services etc...

They took advantaged of a grieving widow and WWll Vet. Somebody that didn’t feel comfortable saying no to the services being offered. It makes me so sad that they saw an easy victim and took full advantage of him and convinced him he needed these additional services all to make money! Do not use this company unless you want to pay double what the initial quote is that you receive. Protect our Seniors. Avoid this company. I called for two days and got no satisfaction from any Managers and am still waiting for a call from their Claims Manager to resolve this issue. Buyer beware...

Original review: May 18, 2018

Justin came yesterday to my home in DC to give me an estimate for water damage. He and his co-worker entered my home and assessed the water damage. Upon completing the assessment, I asked him to send a copy of the assessment and price to my email address so I could review it, because it was on a tablet and I could not review it. He sent me a blank sheet of paper with the Stanley Steemer truck, my name address etc, but nothing with the cost, nothing describing what I would be paying for. He quoted me a cost, of $800+.

Without seeing what I am paying for and a contract, I refuse to let anyone start a job in my house. He promised verbally and by text he would send me a copy of the cost and work to be completed, however he was dishonest. He never sent me an estimate. Today (the next day) I called the company and was told they don't give anything in writing until the work is completed. Well, I would not use a company that wants you to trust them blindly. They could turn around and say we didn't include that, we didn't say that etc. then it's your word against their word. If a company refuse to give you the scope of work in writing beware. Move to another company. Also, when the employee is dishonest from the beginning, move to another company. I know he was not happy because I didn't let him began the work immediately, but I am not going to let him or anyone I don't know perform work in my home without seeing it in writing. Now I know never to use Stanley Steemer.

Original review: May 16, 2018

My recommendation for carpet cleaning? I recommend you don't use Stanley Steamer. I'm sorry to say they did a horrible job. Completely unsatisfactory. Not to mention that the carpeting is soaking wet. I had to take my shampooer and suction out 4 cups of dirty water. I could of gotten much more water out - but It's tedious. There were areas that were not cleaned, especially baseboards and around corners and behind doors. You could still see the outlines of dirt where furniture had been moved. After it dried, the dirt from foot traffic reappeared. I used Resolve to finish where they left off. There is no such thing as getting a bargain. You get what you pay for. I will never use them again.

Original review: May 15, 2018

They came to clean about 650 sq of tile and the guy said it needed to be stripped and showed me the areas and I foolishly agreed because I wanted it to be done right. Well they finished and when they left and it dried there are a lot of areas with wax still and dirt. I called and 1 manager came, took pics and said he understood I had a valid complaint. Never hear back til I started to call again. This manager said, "Well people make mistakes??!" Really all over??! I had a dining room, kitchen, small living room, laundry room and 2 entryways and in all the rooms they are dirty and wax everywhere and now the dirt is stuck with wax and I want a refund and he only want to give me 100 and said they can come back and it will take 30 min to fix! Really that much area and in 30 min. Will never ever use again. They suck!!! I posted pics but some are hard to tell it. Better in person and it in all the rooms so there are too many pics.

Original review: April 11, 2018

The guy that came to clean my carpet was very nice. However, do they use soap or anything other than spot spraying and vacuum? Idk but it wasn't worth $150 bucks. No stains came out none. I'm really disappointed. I will research next time. I would say do not use them. You may have a better result with the rental unit you get at the store.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I have to say that while the technicians were polite the actual service itself to clean my carpets was in my opinion total waste of money. I couldn’t believe when he called me upstairs to look at the finished carpets and I thought he was joking, it didn’t even look like they even started to clean it. I had to show him the pet hair that saturated all over the carpets. It was simply just kicked up wet pet hair on top of wet carpets. I certainly could’ve sprayed a cleaning solution on my rugs and mediocre vacuumed... And save myself the money.

And since then no male humans that live in my house, to walk up upstairs to the master bathroom and see the toilet seat up I am beyond furious. That means that someone of the two technicians used my bathroom. And that is totally unacceptable. The whole point of having rugs cleaned is to have them deep cleaned, and get below the surface that a regular vacuum couldn’t do; just didn’t happen. I actually went out and bought a new vacuum right after they left and vacuumed myself in the dirt & pet hair this vacuum pulled up is totally unacceptable. I will never use Stanley Steemer again.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Really wish I had read the reviews before contacting Stanley Steemer to clean our carpets. We have a small carpeted living room and two small carpeted bedrooms. They charged us $123.00 for those rooms and 3 runners. The men who came were very friendly and courteous, but I didn't like the idea that the one immediately tried to 'sell' tile and grout cleaning. The cleaning job was done in less than 30 minutes, and one asked "how does it look"? How can you tell when it is wet and we can't walk on it. Ceiling fans were on in all three rooms and we added an additional fan to the living room.

We left and were gone for five hours, and then put on clean slipper socks to walk in the rooms. The dirty 'paths' in all three rooms looked no better than they did before! My 82 year old husband went down on his hands and knees this morning with Resolve to try to clean the 'path' in the living room, and it looks a whole lot better now than it did after Stanley Steemer finished! Never, never, will I allow them in my house again.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I called Stanley ** with an urgent need for immediate carpet cleaning this morning. The person answering the phone was extremely kind and understanding. They were able to send somebody to my home within a half an hour which was remarkable. The two young men that came were great. Wesley, was especially hospitable and understanding. I feel that they went the extra mile for me. I will definitely have them come and do any future cleaning for me as well as recommending them to anyone else. Great job guys!

Original review: March 8, 2018

TERRIBLE SERVICE! I was quoted a price on the phone of $149, to clean 450 sq ft of hardwood floor. When the technician arrived, he said that he thought it would cost over $1000 to clean the floor, because it had wax on it. I foolishly agreed to have him do as much as he could for $500. He worked on one third of the floor, and then announced that was all he could do for $500. The "cleaned" portion of the floor was virtually indistinguishable from the uncleaned portion. It was a TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY! The total cost was $491.26. I wish they had a money-back guarantee, because I would definitely demand my money back. NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

After water entering my finished basement, my insurance company (Liberty Mutual) called Stanley Steemer to immediately come to my house within the hour to extract the water from my rugs. Stanley Steemer set up all their equipment while on the phone with Liberty Mutual and then the supervisor stated, “This has never happened your insurance company won’t cover our costs, do you want us to finish the cleanup?” We were stuck with a $750 bill, the supervisor “had another call” and left his cronies to do a lousy job! Basically the rugs remained saturated and they left their humidifier for only 24 hours (which they repeated several times). When they finally came back to retrieve their equipment, they tried to get the job of removing my padding claiming that it had a film covering which held in all the water (a lie). We asked them to leave since we already lost two days of work waiting for them to return. It was like dealing with vultures looking for a dead carcass!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Rude and disrespectful to a single woman living alone -They were 30 minutes late, ask to use my iPhone charger so he could call his daughter, they did not have the right equipment to do the job so they asked to use my bathtub to get water. When I told him that I don't like strange people going into my bathroom he became offended and raised his voice at me. By the way, I offered him the kitchen sink to get the water. As I tried to explain to him why I felt that way he cut me off and continued to yell at me. I asked him to leave my home and he continued talking. I had to tell him that I have a gun before he decided to leave. I called the main number but the manager was not available. They told me that he will call me back. In the meantime, my carpet is soaked in some kind of solution. On the hunt for a different company to fix the problem.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

We just move 750 miles to this home. The home had been clean already by the seller but only upstair had pet stains in one room that are not come out. I call the Steemer 800 and quote for $450 for all the service but beware when they came to your house they will add ridiculous amount of money that don't even need the service. They add the same service two or three time on the invoice that service not even require. The guy kept saying give you free this and that but don't buy nothing from them. They even add two of their products into the invoice that I don't even needed and when I said I don't needed they still kept in there and charge me for it. I still felt they scam me big time but that is ok because they lost their business 10 folds because I plan to refer them to my families and friends that are coming to live around the neighborhood.

At the end they charge me over $1500 for their service. 1 Nomad Mat Sale (NOM) $29.95 $29.95. 1 32 oz. Spotter Sale (SPO) $15.95 $15.95. 4 Std Area Protect (4BR) $21.00 $84.00. 1 Entry Grout Seal Color (EN) $75.00 $75.00. 1 Entry Tile Clean (EN) $40.00 $40.00. 2 Bath Room Grout Seal Color (2BT) $75.00 $150.00. 2 Bath Room Tile Clean (2BT) $40.00 $80.00. 2 Std Area Grout Seal Color (DR, KT) $175.00 $350.00. 3 Std Area Wood - Maint. Coat (3BR) $50.33 $151.00. 3 Std Area Wood - Clean (3BR) $67.00 $201.00. 8 Std Area Clean (2MBR, 5BR, ST) $33.62 $269.00. 1 Hall Clean (HL) $22.00 $22.00. 5 Std Area Odor Out Deodorizer (5BR) $19.40 $97.00. 2 Std Area Tile Clean (KT, DR) $73.00 $146.00. 1 Hall Tile Clean (HL) $40.00 $40.00. 1 Shower Stall Tile Clean (STALL) $0.00 $0.00. Subtotal: $1,750.90. Discount: ($175.09). Tax: $3.22. Total: $1,579.03. Payments: Payment Method Amount Visa $1,579.03.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Stanley Steemer came to my home to clean my stairs for 99.00... When they left, I had a bad sour smell coming from my carpet. I called and left messages and no return calls. I received in the mail a "NOTICE OF WORTHLESS CHECK". STATING THEY ARE GOING TO ARREST ME? I stopped payment on the check due to unprofessional practice and breach of contract. How can a company have you pay for a job not done and have a warranty out for your arrest? They are charging a total of 220.00 for their non-services.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

WOW! Extremely disappointed!!! Two guys from Stanley Steemer in Louisville, Kentucky, came out to clean my carpet. First, they acted as if they didn't want to clean my carpet because I was on the THIRD floor. They had to wait for another guy to come out to bring some tape for their hose, so they could run it from the THIRD floor balcony to their truck. Second, As I was going out of the door to go to my truck to run an errand, so I wouldn't be in their way while they were cleaning, I sat in my truck for 5 minutes and noticed one of the guys putting the cleaning hose back in his truck. As I sat there in my truck for 10 more minutes, I received a call on my cell phone stating they were FINISHED!!! I was shocked and surprised. He then ask me for my form of payment. When I walked in my door I said "That was quick!" And the representative stated "Yeah, we have some pretty good solution."

However, I paid him the fee, and after looking at my carpet, there is no way they could have cleaned, deodorized, and put a protective coating on my carpet in 15 minutes, that is what I PAID for to have done...There is no way!!! They didn't even tell me how long it would take to dry, and they didn't even leave the blue nets you put on your shoes to keep dirt off your carpet while the carpet is drying.

This was a POOR, RUSHED, UNPROFESSIONAL and DEPLORABLE job!!! I am extremely disappointed, and I NEVER want them out to my place again. I should have rented a machine from Kroger and cleaned the carpet myself. When a guy came out from this company last year, he did a wonderful job, and it took him over TWO hours to clean my carpet. He explained to me the drying time, what I should and should not do while the carpet is drying, and he left the blue nets to put over your shoes to keep dirt off carpet while it is drying. Stanley Steemer should be ashamed, and the TWO employees that came out should be fired! Their work was horrific. I don't know if they had another job lined up, but they sure wasn't concerned about cleaning my carpet. I will NEVER use them again. I learned a good lesson today!!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Save yourself some trouble- Remember- when you let Stanley Steemer in your house, apartment, office- you have NO IDEA WHO you are letting in your house. BE CAREFUL!!--- Or do yourself a favor and check out some other local, consistent service, or months later you’re like us- out thousands of dollars and tons of time. Ever think what happens if you run into a problem with a company-THIS company? Remember-it just takes one time, the wrong workers and your lives are turned upside down! Here's a hint. If you DO run into a problem with Stanley Steemer they will divert you to a company, CorVel Corporation which states as a mission statement "healthcare management services"... As bizarre as that sounds that's right. What THAT has to do with settling claims against Stanley Steemer is anybody's guess. They will ignore you and figure you will just go away and eventually just drop you.

After several years of terrific service by this location (happy customers), we hired them for carpet-cleaning November 21, 2017. We discovered after they left that one of the workers had deposited debris (sand, sediment and carpet-fibers) in a mini-basement sink. We didn’t realize this until after they left. On Thanksgiving Day, we spent HOURS sopping up water and debris from the basement carpet and a wool rug. We called their Emergency # and explained the disaster. They DID come out (at their expense) and cleaned the carpet and rug. They left heaters and dehumidifiers for a week to try to fix the situation and soak up inches of water. We could not use our kitchen sink, washer, dryer or dishwasher during this time. That sink clogged the main drain of the house.

We had to hire a plumber (not easily available at Thanksgiving), who told us to get to the main drain pipe of the house to unclog. We had to hire a carpenter to tear out the wood-panel behind the sink. The plumber snaked 25 feet of pipe and concluded what we already knew, by sight the clog was due to sand, sediment and carpet fibers. He cleared the pipe. All of this would NOT have been necessary - a complete royal disaster - had it not been for the actions of the SS worker. We shook our heads all during this disaster in complete and total disbelief. How anyone could be so stupid... didn't ask permission to use the sink when viable alternatives were available and didn't say a word to us about it.

The credit card company (after affidavit and due diligence) credited back to us that charge but in the meantime we are stuck with thousands of dollars in bills for a plumber, carpenter, extra electricity for their high-energy gear running 7 x 24 for a week and also painter to paint the panel that had to be sawed to attempt to get to the main drain and walls from the water stains. The SS Braintree office dumped us onto another company Corvel and did not return calls, emails, etc. We placed a complaint with the MA Better Business Bureau which was transferred to the BBB of Ohio. That BBB office has not received a response from SS. We placed a complaint with the MA State Attorney General office and THEY have not had a response, either and we may have to sue them. DON'T WALK-RUN FROM DOING BUSINESS WITH STANLEY STEEMER!!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I had Stanley Steemer clean a sectional sofa. The technician did a horrible job. He hardly put any water on the sofa and was not going to clean my ottoman which was part of the couch. He said he could not get a small stain out that was on the back of the pillow because he said it would rust the springs if he used water. After I challenged his logic he took a little water and wiped it and the stain came out. After he was finished as I inspected his work. I noticed something white sticking out the back of the couch and asked him what it was. He replied it was material to the couch, after I challenged that he looked again and it was a dirty sock which proves he did not do a thorough job.

To add insult to injury he pulled the dirty sock out and sarcastically asked me did I want the sock. Before he got started on the job I explained that I purchased the Sofa second hand at a thrift shop so why would I want a dirty sock that did not belong to me? I immediately contacted the manager of the Company and reported my dissatisfaction. The couch was dry to touch in some spots and he said he couldn't add too much water or the couch could be damaged. I was charged $218.00 which included Scotchgard and I was very disappointed with the work and the attitude. Another service they provided was cleaning my carpet. I had 3 black stains they could not get out the carpet. I took some Dawn dish soap and a little elbow and the spots came out. I will not be using their services again. I will rent my own shampooer and save some money and hassle.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

$500 to clean our carpet and the $99 Bissell does a nicer job. After the technician (1) went through our 2,000 sq ft of carpet, in approximately 45 minutes, I bought the Bissell and redid the floor. He wasn't even going to move a chair until I asked him to! A total waste of money and a terrible experience.

Not sure about Stanley Steemer?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Fire and Water Damage Restoration for you.

Stanley Steemer expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This experienced restoration and cleaning company, with services since 1947, has offices in 48 states. Though known more for their steam-cleaning equipment, they also handle residential and commercial water restoration services.

• On call 24/7: No matter when disaster strikes, you can contact a water removal and restoration specialist on their emergency hotline for advice over the phone of what to do before the crew arrives.

• Allergy certified: The company has endorsements from the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, citing a 94-percent allergen-removal success rate.

• 15-minute response: The company promises that water removal and restoration experts will contact you with 15 minute of your call.

• Insurance assistance: One big help in getting life back to normal is that they can work directly with your insurance agent to speed up claim processing.

• Vehicle specialists: No other company is better equipped to handle damage or cleaning for the unique surfaces in cars, trucks, boats and RVs.

• Best for: Although they do not cover fire-damage recovery, this company is an effective business partner for rapid water-damage recovery and cleaning.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

OH
    (800) 783 3637
    www.stanleysteemer.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business