1.30/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Need fire and water damage restoration?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 11, 2017

61 Stanley Steemer Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Had a carpet cleaning service scheduled and they wasted our family's entire day waiting for service. My husband called several times to make sure they were coming and all was on schedule. He spoke with several customer service agents and got 100 different stories. In the end they showed up 5-6 hours later, not apologetic and did a horrible job cleaning. Will never ever use them again.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I described the areas to be cleaned and told them I had a coupon that came in the mail. I was quoted $124 after the coupon. Workers arrive and tell me $159 is the minimum and I can't use the coupon. I stayed home, moved things, and don't like to play games! The office called and said it would be $124. Too late. I'm done!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Hard sell for cleaning package. I purchased one and asked since I now have less carpet in my home if I could use some or even all of the cleaning package to have some cleaning on my couch and chair. Manager said it would be up to service person. Kid (who stunk up the room he was in) although I didn't mention this to him; didn't want to do it, he wanted to sell me more furniture cleaning! Considering the cleaning results from past experiences and the costs involved I didn't want to buy yet another package for couch cleaning. I called and talked to manager who was home sick! He too wanted me to buy yet another package for cleaning. It is clear the customer isn't the important factor in this business, it is the sell of packages for cleaning! I am going to try other cleaning options after my package is used and never again Stanley Steamer!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I had Stanley Steemer clean my two couches. They looked amazing and did a very thorough job. However, they also did a very thorough job of going through my bedroom, my bedroom walk-in closet and my bathroom cabinets (my couches weren't in any of those places). They also helped themselves to my Halloween candy. As a police officer. I take my safety and privacy very seriously. I will never use them again.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I paid to have my ductwork done and they were supposed to come back and do cleaning and they refused, saying the parking situation was bad and that it was not in their best interest to do any more work. The duct cleaning charge was double what I was told and I paid it. Their credit card machine did not accept my card. They called they second day and I gave them the same card, which went through easily. They actually had quoted me $409 but since they did two furnaces I corrected them and paid them double... I am an honest person.

I had originally scheduled them to come out a second time, since they missed the first one but the assistant manager refused to come back as promised. While I understand any company can refuse service, their incompetence when parking and getting not one but two tickets at a spot I specifically told them not to park after 4 pm is not my fault, and neither is having to wait for an appointment that never came. I had used them before but sadly, they burned their bridges with me. The manager offered to discount $150 from future duct work but no thanks. I will find a company that says what they mean and means what they say. Very disappointing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stanley Steemer?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Had Stanley Steemer come out to clean my carpets and stairway, am very dissatisfied. The area between the carpet and wall in the stairway remained dirty & untouched, and I was told that I should take a small brush and scrub all the stairway edges, as the dirt/staining was due to poor air conditioning circulation and those edges needed special handling. I pointed out that my air conditioning unit was brand new and it couldn't possibly be causing dirt to accumulate on stairway edges, that it was simply wear & tear dirt.

All of the rugs in bedrooms & stairway dried with a strange striped design and I had to call Customer Service to have them come out again to redo. A second cleaning did not resolve the problem and the reason I was given was that my carpet was builder's grade carpet. The crew was more interested in selling additional services (Scotch Guard, deodorizing) than they were in cleaning my carpet properly and professionally. I will never use Stanley Steemer again.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I contacted Stanley Steemer and told them that me NYC coop had strict rules that all work be completed by 5 pm. I was given a window of 12-4:00 pm. At 2:30, I was told they would be at my apartment in half an hour. They did not show up until 4:40 – at which time my super refused to let them come upstairs, given the hour. I took the day off, waiting for them to show up. I have very limited vacation time. Very disappointed. I have company coming this weekend. Unacceptable.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Had Stanley Steemer come because my dog had accident on carpet, urine. There was a little odor. They came and said I needed to have them apply deodorizer along with all the other services they could sell me. After they left the odor was worse. It was different than original odor. I called. They came back and guy insisted if he put more deodorizer on it would fix the problem and he said I’ll put a lot on to make sure.

He put a 5 gallon jug of the stuff undiluted. I called again, they came out and said I needed more deodorizer and that if that didn’t help it was my dog's fault. Every time they came the smell was worse until it was just unbearable. I called again. They never called back. I had 2 other pro carpet cleaners come out over the next couple years to try to rinse it (no more deodorizer), and frequently tried cleaning myself with my steam cleaner. Just couldn’t take it anymore. Smell was horrendous. Smelled like a perfumed porta potty. Mind you it was brand new carpet when they came the first time. I ended up spending 2,000 to replace the carpet. So much better. So save your carpet and your money and call someone else.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Second time using Stanley Steemer. I have a large cream wool area rug that they take to the plant to clean. Last time the experience went fine which is why I used them again. This time they had the rug for 3 weeks and when it came back it had these odd brown stains all over it. The delivery guys called their manager and the manager said, "Bring it back and we'll fix it." I let them know that I had house guests the following weekend and absolutely needed the rug back by Friday. They said no problem. Called on Wednesday to double check and was told yes the rug will be there Friday.

Took the morning off work to get this taken care of and my living room put back together before my house guests arrive. It's Friday morning and Stanley Steemer just called to tell me that there was no way my rug would be ready and that I was misinformed by customer service that my rug would be ready by today. I reminded them that last weekend the plant manager also said the rug would be ready today as they were the ones who gave me back my rug with all new stains all over it. He said, "Well he was wrong too." So after 4 weeks I still don't have my rug back. I still don't know when I'll have it by. And I don't know if the stains they put in it will be removed or if the rug was just ruined.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Had rugs cleaned. Very dissatisfied. We will be calling the company. Guys were very rude. They told my mom that her carpets were very dusty. Anyone that knows my mom knows she cleans and vacuums daily. It was very embarrassing to her. Overcharged her more than what they quoted her. Never gave her a receipt. Told her they didn't have a receipt. Asked for a tip. Should I go on. My parents are elderly and they took them for a ride. Never again!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

On Saturday 9-9-17 The Muskegon location returned 5 area rugs to my home. I promptly paid the $651.00 and was excited to see my rugs that I expected to look clean, spot free, and fresh again. To the contrary, the rugs had spots, dirt and other unidentifiable matter rolling off several rugs as I pulled them out of the bag. I immediately broke out in tears as I asked the deliverymen what was going on. They were speechless and as surprised as I was. They immediately called their office to report the disbelief of what we were seeing. The girl on the phone was polite and said a manager would contact me first thing Monday morning. He did not, and it took several calls to eventually reach him. He asked if he could come see the rugs later in the week but I insisted it must be today since the smell and unknown debris was causing my asthma to be triggered.

He showed later in the day and agreed with the shock of the horrible work we were looking at. He took several pictures and I let it be known that I no longer trust their work and will pay another company to clean my rugs professionally as I thought would have be done initially. I requested my $651.00 be returned and he stated his manager would never agree to that. He called me the following day to offer a "different employee" be allowed to clean the rugs correctly. Stanley Steamer does not stand by their work or customer satisfaction. I am out $651.00 and may be renting a cleaner and doing the rugs myself. Do not trust their work or hire them if you want professionalism and quality work. Their only resolution was for me to allow another worker to clean my rugs AGAIN! I'm so sorry I trusted them. Stanley Steamer is not customer focused and delivered the most unprofessional shameful work I've ever seen.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

They did a lousy job cleaning the carpet. All the edges between wall and floor left untouched. The stairs was soaking wet. Was told it took 8 to 24 hrs to dry but at home was told 24 to 48. Offered scotch hard for 300$ then went down to 200$. Just bunch of liars unprofessional and lousy. Never again, I would done better job with my Hoover steamer. And I did my best to clean the carpet phrase. At the end I want them to get the hell out of my house. S.S is trusted business. So Many companies in the market I should gone with one of them. Any one could not be worse than S S.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I have had kitchen grout cleaned several times, by companies other than Stanley Steemer and always satisfied. This time I called Stanley Steemer in Maryland heights... They did a terrible job!!! Called and complained and was told "too bad nothing we will do... If we come back out will charge you again..." Do not use this company!!! It's a rip off!!!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

We recently moved into a home that was previously lived in. The day after we were scheduled to settle on our home, we had Stanley Steemer out of Wilmington, DE schedule to shampoo all the carpets on the second floor (roughly 2k sq ft). The only people that were in our home from the time we first walked into the time we noticed the camera was stolen was myself, my wife, and our 4 and 6-year-old children.

We know for a fact we had the camera because it was used to take a picture of us walking into the house. The camera was left on the kitchen counter the exact area Stanley Steemer had to walk through to get to the second floor. The day after we wanted to take pictures of the kids in the yard and we could not find the camera. We reported the stolen camera to police and Stanley Steemer and they did a so called investigation that was inconclusive. This camera had a memory card in it that contained a lot of sentimental experiences we shared with our children that are lost forever. PLEASE DO NOT do business with them. Stanley Steemer is a rip-off and they hire thieves.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

When the Stanley Steemer employee finish cleaning, the employee let me know that the carpet was as clean as they could get. I was convinced that I would have to replace the carpet. Before spending thousands replacing the carpet, I rented a carpet cleaner to be sure that the carpet were unusable. If I would have listened to their employee I would have unnecessarily spent thousands of dollars replacing a good carpet. They only offered to refund the fee for the carpet protection and not the cleaning. I will never use this company and I would not recommend Stanley Steemer to anyone.

Original review: July 28, 2017

My experience was awesome!! They arrived promptly at the time scheduled and did a wonderful job cleaning my carpets and my furniture. They were very polite, and my carpets and furniture look great! I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Original review: July 22, 2017

We have a light color carpet which we have had cleaned in the past by a different company... not Stanley Steemer... with much better results and more satisfaction. Next day after cleaning I was on the floor with Resolve Carpet Cleaner, removing a few stains the Stanley man did not even get up! The crew did not vacuum first but went right into cleaning. Very few pieces of furniture needed moving, which we discussed. But I did not mention the stack pillows and floor vase in the entry to the living room. I should not have assumed these pillows would be moved, but it would seem like common sense to move them and to clean beside them. At the very least the technician should have asked me what to do about moving the pillows since we did not discuss that side of the room.

Now there is a line of demarcation where he cleaned just to the right of the pillows and not on the other side. This area is right in the entry way and looks ridiculous. Also the crew used our toilet for water drainage but failed to even flush the toilet when they left. They did not reconnect the hose on the front porch which they had disconnected. Very very disappointed with the appearance of the carpet, one day after cleaning. Also there was a new stain in the bedroom which was not there previous to their arrival. Again, I got it up with Resolve Carpet Cleaner, but very unhappy about this. Will Never use Stanley Steemer again.

Original review: July 21, 2017

This is my second time using Stanley Steemer and the experience was horrible. Not on time... 3hrs late. Got the wrong quote from the main office. Technician was rude, and lazy. Looking for an excuse not to do the job.

Original review: July 13, 2017

My parents are in their mid 70's. My brothers and myself chose Stanley Steamer 8-9 years ago because we felt they could be trusted. They'd come out twice a year during these 8 years and Everything was fine until their last visit. The 2 guys that came out were both very unprofessional in their conversation with my mom in talking negatively about the other clients. My mom decided this time to have the carpet in her closet cleaned, her closet is in the back of her bathroom of which she has 3 of, and no one goes into her closet as Stanley Steamers manager suggested.

My parents' gun that myself and my brothers had gotten them for protection was gone but the case was still there, and some watches after Stanley Steamer left. My mom realized after she discovered that the gun was missing, that she had purposefully been distracted by one of the guys and the other one went back to the truck twice... We're getting nowhere with getting Stanley Steamer to replace the stolen property.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I had Stanley Steemer clean my basement carpets. Overall they did a good job and the carpets look a lot better. However, they missed a couple spots that were not noticeable when they were here and the carpets were still wet. When I called two weeks later to ask them to come back and fix it they said they have a 10-day policy and I would have to pay for another service visit to have them come back. I was completely unaware of the 10-day policy which apparently is buried somewhere in tiny type and which I have yet to find. I paid over $200 for a visit that lasted less than 30 minutes and missed their "deadline" by just a few days. I believe Stanley Steemer should stand by their work and not hide behind a hidden policy. Very disappointed.

Original review: July 5, 2017

Had a room and stairway carpet cleaned 6/07/2017. Paid the additional fee to have protectant applied. July 4th while moving a plant upstairs, some of the dirt and water leaked onto the stairway. We attempted to clean up the spill with a Shop-Vac. We did not try to scrub it or do anything else that would cause the spill to embed itself. It stained despite our efforts to prevent it. I contacted Stanley Steamer the next day. I was told the protectant does not prevent staining, it only makes it easier to remove when you have it cleaned again. They offered to come and clean it for another cleaning fee. So buyer beware before you pay additional cost for protectant that doesn't protect.

Original review: July 4, 2017

I scheduled a service for 6/30. Scheduling was great, didn’t ask me as many questions as I would have thought but it was simple. I received my price and while higher than other companies I went with them based on name. A week later I called back to see if I could switch the date but no one answered so I left a voicemail asking for someone to contact me regarding the availability for the different date. I never hear anything so I assume they never got it and that business would conduct on the mutually agreed upon date. Thankfully they sent an email beforehand but apparently they had changed the date without confirming. Fine, no big deal. I call to make sure my sister can be there to let them in since I can’t. I am assured that it's no problem and they don't even need to be there. THIS WAS MY BIGGEST MISTAKE.

My sister asks before she leaves for them to use soap, they tell her that they don’t do that unless they deodorize so she tells them to do that. As she’s leaving they give her a price 100$ higher than what I was quoted. I call the company inquiring and they explain that cleaning the carpets without it is like cleaning the cabinets with water vs with Clorox so they are charging extra to disinfect. At this point I was annoyed because I thought that carpet cleaning per their website included removing bacteria but I go with it. I have a 4 floor condo with carpet in horrible condition, hence the need for cleaning. They were there, including set up, 45 minutes. My sister observed them doing the floors, i.e. briefly vacuuming the areas. They tell her that it’s hard to see a difference until the floor is dry.

As they are leaving, they can’t turn off the valve to the house. They decide since water is gushing out to simply turn off the water to the house and leave without saying anything. They make it sound like they simply couldn’t turn the knob and to wait for the boyfriend to get home. None of which they communicated to me, the person that hired them. Finally, boyfriend gets home and calls to tell me that the spicket is broken and not simply just not shutting off. I call the company upset and the Customer Service informs me that no manager is available and that someone will contact me at an undisclosed time. Heated discussion and they hang up. I call back 9 times, I have call logs if anyone is interested, and each time they pick up, breath and hang-up.

Thus far in my interaction with Stanley Steemer they have: failed to communicate the right date, barely touched my flooring despite charging me almost 400$, were rude and now I am being hung up on. At this point I am at the house, the floors look like nothing had been done except vacuumed in odd patterns. You can see where they ignored the edges (what I am later told this is normal since they aren’t usually walked on), they charged extra for the stairs and only did the middle (I am later assured that I must be miss-seeing this because of a walking pattern utilized by the guys), the stairs were not even remotely lightened nor did it smell any better despite the 100$ extra charge (I was told I must not understand what clean is).

Finally, a supervisor calls me and condescendingly tells me that the floors are clean and that how does he know that the spicket was broken due to them and wouldn’t have broken while I was using it... good question Pete. I’m not sure of that answer, I just know that it didn’t break while I was using it but while I was paying your company for a service. I sent him pictures and he says from pictures he can’t get a good idea of the job done. What?! I have never been spoken to so condescendingly in my life. He brought up that he's done service for my mother, I still have no idea why he mentioned this. He tried saying that I must not understand clean. He tried explaining it could be bad carpet. He tried a million different ways around the fact that his company did a HORRIBLE job and broke my spicket.

I ask him, as a cleaning company, what is your definition of clean? This apparently was too hard a question for him as he repeatedly said he didn't understand the question. Finally, after arguing about what the definition of cleaning a carpet was he offered to send out a plumber and to resend out a team despite concerns that it wouldn’t do any good since they did it to the best of their ability the first time. I tell Pete that I am putting a stop on my check until both the work and the spicket issues are resolved. He made me feel like I was crazy for doing this. Saying something like, "you have made this very clear and I wouldn't expect any less from you." Emphasizing the from you part, like this was a normal occurrence I should pay for.

I am 28 years old, I am not a child but he definitely made me feel as such. I then have my Grandma call him as I am now upset and offended at how I am being spoken down to. She schedules for them to come out. SURPRISE SURPRISE Pete starts defending their work to her too, never not once has there been any apology for inconvenience, poor work, broken house or being hung up on. She agrees to come out and oversee the work. They were there almost twice the time they were the first time and while not perfect (not my goal) the carpet looked cleaner!!! The flooring while still not smelling what I would expect 100$ worth of deodorizer to smell like, smelled better!!! I’m not sure if it's common practice for them to do a half job when not supervised but I would hope that they would do they work they are paid for especially when called to confirm it is ok for them to be left alone to do the work.

As for the spicket, their plumber wanted to cut a hole in the ceiling to see the water pipe so we declined them doing the work. I had a second opinion and as it turns out an internal mechanism went was broken and a new screw and stopper was put on. (I’m not a plumber, I have no idea the technicalities). Overall not worth spending double to get half the work done twice. Horrible service, horrible workmanship, horrible anything. I will never utilize them again. I have made sure my Mother knows as well, thank you Pete for pointing out to me that she's used you for thousands of dollars worth of treatments. I would have never thought to make sure she sends that business somewhere else. I have images however I cant figure out how to add them, sorry.

Original review: June 24, 2017

The signs were there but since I hoped for the best make me a much-too-trusting-senior. Their online pricing said the price for tile and grout cleaning would be $50 for a bathroom shower but then the quoted price was $309. We asked why there was so much difference in price and was told the $50 was only a guideline for a smaller stall shower and they had no discounts. Reluctantly we told them to go ahead. When they removed their equipment I surveyed the tile and confronted them before they had put their stuff away. They did come back in and agreed that they had not done a good job and did more work. They did make some of it look a lot better but now there was streaking in many places where they still had not done a good job of cleaning. Then they proceeded to tell me where I could buy this cleaner so that I could do the work myself. What a waste of my time and money!

Original review: June 19, 2017

I paid $186 to have Stanley Steemer clean 4 carpets. It took them 45 minutes to do this. They said they moved a bed over to clean 1/2 the room at a time. I offered to move the bed but they said it was no problem. About 2 days later the bed was removed from the home and noticed a large spot and other evidence that the carpet was not cleaned. I contacted the company and a manager came out to look at it and confirmed that the room was not cleaned. I wanted money back but he said he would clean the carpet. He did not refund any money, he just apologized for the job. This is not acceptable. You are a business and know your employees did not do their job. Something more should have been done for the consumer. I will never use Stanley Steemer again. You question how clean the other carpets are. I cannot trust this business ever again.

Original review: June 14, 2017

Just had our carpets cleaned in Tallahassee, FL by Joe. He did an excellent job and the carpets look great! He was not in a rush to get in and out, but took the time not only to do a good job on the carpets, but also to explain things and answer my wife's many questions. I made sure to get his name so we could request him the next time we have our carpets cleaned.

Original review: June 9, 2017

$99.00 special is not $99. 2 rooms & the stairs cost me pretty close to $200. The carpet was left very wet and developed a HORRIBLE smell as it dried. A week later I still cannot walk into the basement without feeling sick about the money I spent to have them stink up my carpet! Worse is that now I will have to pay someone else to come & deodorize and re-shampoo it!

Original review: June 6, 2017

I would LITERALLY give NEGATIVE STARS if that was possible! Absolutely ridiculous! My boyfriend called the 1-800 number and they sent two men the next day to our Daytona Beach Area on LPGA. They were here UNDER an hour and did the living room, hallway and one bedroom and charged $128! He was quoted $99 on the phone and I had to sit here for him while he was at work. Before they started the man with the tablet who did nothing but stand there said "Oh that little area by your kitchen that's a part of your living room is considered another room so it's an extra $29!" Whattt? I have pictures of how small that area is that fits a tiny 2 person table and a dog bowl and how it's literally attached and goes with his living room area. It's NOT an extra room!

I also have pictures of their UNDER 45 minute work of their super fast steam work that's supposedly suppose to take out "95%" of stains! The guy who held the tablet told me it's the best it will get and that he has ** carpets and needs to tell the landlord! Who says that? Doesn't matter how ** the carpets are, you work for a business who claims they can get 95% of stains out the carpets. Well let me tell you, my boyfriend has rented Rug Doctors and used super cheap shampoos and it may take HOURS to do with ones of those, but he does it once a month and gets the stains out WAYYY better!

I took pictures of their HORRIBLE $128 job and sent them to my boyfriend while he was at work. He called and complained and the lady said she was going to send them back out and that they were done super quick and that's not right. They come back and the same rude guy with the tablet just decided to say "I told you this was the best it's going to look with this crap carpet." I said "Well my boyfriend wasn't happy with the pictures I sent him after you left. You guys made it look worse than it did and it wasn't worth the $128 & the lady he spoke with said y'all were down super quick!" He then proceeded to give me a look and argue with me saying he just spoke with the owner and he was here a good hour. I was here the entire time. It was NOT an hour and they rushed!

He stops arguing as soon as my boyfriend walks in and my boyfriend even said "I have done WAY better myself with a Rug Doctor. What did I pay $128 for?" The guy says "Well, you also use shampoo in those and that's why and we sprayed our best stuff before and even doing it over again isn't going to do anything different." I'm sorry you're a professional overly expensive carpet cleaning business and you're telling me that Rug Doctors do a better job because of the shampoo? So they're better than your steamers and the stuff you spray? Then why in the hell does this business exist if a shampooer is better and does better than what they can do??? Makes NO SENSE!!!

So they go over the carpets again, super fast in the bedroom again and then when he went out to living room where the guy with the tablet and my boyfriend were he then decided to go real slow taking his time like we didn't see him or notice he did the bedroom super quick and with fast motions! Well well well, looky there, going over it again even in the ** way it was done did clean a little better even though they said it wouldn't and I still have horrible pictures of the finished product of their god awful shamefully absolutely horrible work and what $128 pays for in a small apartment/duplex!!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND AND NEVER WILL!!! HORRIBLE!! DESPICABLE!! AWFUL!!

Original review: May 14, 2017

Last week I was charged 300+ for cleaning the grout of the kitchen tile (Not a huge area) and cleaning a sofa. When finished, I was left with a sofa with a terrible spot, which was definitely not there before, and also uneven cleaning of the grout. I called them, wrote them and ALSO sent a PICTURE of the terrible spot. Nobody called me back to discuss the matter. I guess if you have a name that people "Recognize" they do not care to please the customer. I hope my friends, family and I will never have such a terrible experience again. I signed a paper for the payment yet a copy was not mailed to me.

Original review: May 12, 2017

On 5 may 2017 Stanley Steemer, Fredericksburg, VA came to our home to clean the carpet. They did a horrible job. When they pretreated the carpet they sprayed the furniture, not just the bottom but all over. The carpet still has stains. They did not put our hose away when they finished the work. I was left laying out all over the yard. They left cigarette butts on the driveway. They broke a lamp. When my husband pointed out the lamp was broken the man suddenly could not speak English. They also did not clean around the baseboards.

When I called the customer service number they put me through to the local office. Laura ** the manager came on the phone. She had a bad attitude. Her men don't smoke, they don't move furniture, the area around the baseboards are always discolored. She said she would look into it and call me Back. She did not. When I called her back she said her men told her they did not break the lamp, and they don't smoke. She was rude and implied that I was a liar. My lamps are no longer for sale. She did not want to replace the matching lamps. She would see if they could fix my lamp. Laura was rude, had a bad attitude and the customer is always wrong. NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: May 7, 2017

Came on time. Rushed job to steam clean tile and grout. $150 sealer was a spray bottle! 1/2 cleaned grout, now two colors beige and dirt. Quoted $520 charged $750. They need to redo. Tile looks ok but grout and spots look terrible. Left no receipt with my wife. You cannot call company direct. They route you to 800 number to protect local "franchise?". All very unprofessional for big bucks!

Stanley Steemer expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This experienced restoration and cleaning company, with services since 1947, has offices in 48 states. Though known more for their steam-cleaning equipment, they also handle residential and commercial water restoration services.

• On call 24/7: No matter when disaster strikes, you can contact a water removal and restoration specialist on their emergency hotline for advice over the phone of what to do before the crew arrives.

• Allergy certified: The company has endorsements from the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, citing a 94-percent allergen-removal success rate.

• 15-minute response: The company promises that water removal and restoration experts will contact you with 15 minute of your call.

• Insurance assistance: One big help in getting life back to normal is that they can work directly with your insurance agent to speed up claim processing.

• Vehicle specialists: No other company is better equipped to handle damage or cleaning for the unique surfaces in cars, trucks, boats and RVs.

• Best for: Although they do not cover fire-damage recovery, this company is an effective business partner for rapid water-damage recovery and cleaning.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs