3.8/5 (322 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Stanley Steemer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stanley Steemer?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2023

I have been a customer of Stanley Steemer for years. I recently hired them to clean my carpet. The tech stated he was to spray a deodorizer on my floor. A fees days after my clean, I noticed swirl marks on my floor. I informed them of the issue, another tech was sent out to assess and re-clean. The tech was over an hour late after I asked if they could arrive early within the window of time. The tech quickly cleansed the carpet and left. Again, once the carpet dried, the same swirl makes reappeared. I phoned them again, and they scheduled another tech to come out. This tech comes and states the carpet fibers are damaged and there is nothing they can do. They have ruined my carpet. I am in the process of getting corporate involved. I will never hire them again!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

I had a great experience with them the first time when I had them take care of my tiles, and sealing them all throughout my house. They were very efficient for the amount of tile I have in my house, and they made sure I was satisfied with everything prior to leaving. One of them even gave me an extra bit of sealant just in case I needed to touch up something somewhere, which I never needed. They came back for a second time a year later, and again, all went well, without their needing to seal my grout. Again, done efficiently, and with high quality. I'm very pleased with them here in Fort Myers, and would highly recommend this company.

Get buying tips about Fire and Water Damage Restoration delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

They charged me for a full job and only did partial, when they showed up to complete it they said the whole job was not paid for and that I still owed money. Their office people were no help at all and now the job has not been completed and they have been paid in FULL. They deserve no stars at all and I wish I had checked their reviews before hiring them.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

My husband wanted Stanley Steemer to clean out ducts in our home and I asked for my carpets to be cleaned. They came, left my home in a mess. The stuff that came out of the ductwork was left on my furniture and floors. I sent them an email. They came back and basically told me the carpet was old, years of wear and tear, my granddaughter and my daughter had cleaned up the furniture mess so they did not have any of that to do but acted like they were dusting it up. I appreciate the fact they responded to the email quickly and sent them back out but I will not recommend them to anyone and for what I paid for the 2 services I’m not satisfied at all. I’m not asking for anything from them and alerting others beware of TV commercials that look real simple. Great marketing.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

The 1 star is because my carpets looked great after the cleaning. But after several months all the stains bled through and it's awful again. It probably would pay to rent a machine and clean it again by myself.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

Stanley Steemer was supposed to come on Tuesday. Never showed. I called and they said oops and gave me a $15 discount and scheduled another appointment for me on Wednesday. They spent MAX 5 minutes on the first dining room chair and said the water stains wouldn't come out. He said he put all 3 of their cleaners on the chair. So, obvy, their cleaners suck. Also, the lady on the phone who booked the appt said that their vacuum has enough suction power to lift an 8lb bowling ball. Fibber! The suction power of their machine wasn't much more than my little Bissell spot cleaner.

They were here, at max, 20 minutes to clean 4 dining room chairs, seats and backs. One of the backs was only half wet. The chairs looked exactly the same, but wet. I went outside as they were packing up, and one of the guys was whining about how I was unhappy with their poor job. I used my little Bissell after they left and got out a good amount of soapy water. I didn't pay them, and even that cost too much. I'm not sure what their success rate is, but whatever it is, it's totally by chance. They obvy can't handle real dirt. Don't take a risk, go somewhere else!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

Sure wish I remembered his name! He cleaned the stairs in all of what seemed like ten minutes. I asked him to go over it again. That took maybe seven minutes. The carpet was statuettes with so much water that it took just about all week to dry. I expressed my concerns about the carpet having been really thick. Asked him to take extra care with cleaning so that the surface of the carpet would not appear clean to the eye yet still dirty beneath the surface. Upon drying days later I could noticeably see soil lifted from carpet in some areas except the left margin of the stairs. I asked them to return and they did two weeks later.

A new guy named Benjamin showed up and told me that the carpet was lighter in areas not because it has been cleaned or that soils had been lifted but because the carpet was damaged. When I asked him how he could derive that a carpet once all the same tint three weeks ago, would now appear lighter after one cleaning in some areas and not others, as damaged he replied that he has been doing this for 16 years and is the best in the businesses. He further told me the carpet will look exactly the same as it does now when he is done. I told him the carpet didn’t look the same since the first guy came to cleaned the carpet! I told him that I would be getting his headquarters on the phone to hear his expertise before he began cleaning the carpet. I told him maybe he was not the man for the job. He walked out.

First of all I can guarantee you he would not have spoken as he did to me to to a man. He would not have! I can’t even. My intelligence wouldn’t have me insulted! He escaped the job and he also escaped having to face the call the headquarters. If anyone else shows up here to tell me that a carpet that is now visibly cleaner in some areas because it is damaged, I should be refunded. That sounds like a scam. It isn’t right. I will find every forum I can to post this to so this can stop. I wish I could post a picture of what he called a damaged carpet!!!! It is simply not… He was also suppose to be here from 2-5pm and showed up, per his notice, after 5. He clearly was ready to go home and have dinner.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

I've used Stanley Steemer to clean my carpets in the past, and my experience was so-so, but the quality of the company has fallen a lot and I would recommend you stay away from them. They drag around a huge, heavy, long hose that does damage to your door jambs and baseboards. A second person could help to avoid this damage, but they only send one person. The tip off is that there is white paint all along the length of the hose that clues you into the damage they do in stripping paint off of people's homes. The only reason I have had OK results with them in the past is that I follow the cleaner around and make sure the hose does not do damage. This time the cleaner went way too fast, he missed corners and stair edges, he was not getting my carpets clean, and he left the carpets very wet due to his pace.

I asked him to do a better job and he ignored me. He was just trying to get in and out for his own sake to rip me off. It was so bad I refused to pay him, I called the company, and they sent out another cleaner. The second person showed up without notice, and he did a more thorough job, but he also was clumsy and nearly knocked a nice painting off my wall that I saved from falling. I gave this review in another forum, and Stanley Steemer left one of those phony responses poor quality companies leave to pretend they want to work out the problems they caused, and sure enough, someone called me left a message, I called back twice in two days, and she never called back! Please avoid Stanley Steemer. It's a sad, unprofessional place.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

Never have I seen worse cleaning of carpets. They looked just as dirty as they did when they started. And they refuse to provide a refund. Had to have another company come cleaning them correctly. $1k wasted. DO NOT USE THEM.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

If I could give 0 stars I would. I hired Stanley Steemer to clean my hardwood floors and kitchen tile and my floors looked the same after they left. They came again and sent someone out to verify the floors and the guy that came out also agreed my floors looked a mess. The manager in the Alexandria store threaten to take me to collection for refusing to pay because I wasn’t satisfied with the service. If your own Technician standing at my home verified the floors was not cleaned properly, how can you asked me for payment. Please don’t hire Stanley Steemer. They are in my opinion a rip-off company who have inexperienced workers.

Stanley Steemer author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

This experienced restoration and cleaning company, with services since 1947, has offices in 48 states. Though known more for their steam-cleaning equipment, they also handle residential and commercial water restoration services.

• On call 24/7: No matter when disaster strikes, you can contact a water removal and restoration specialist on their emergency hotline for advice over the phone of what to do before the crew arrives.

• Allergy certified: The company has endorsements from the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, citing a 94-percent allergen-removal success rate.

• 15-minute response: The company promises that water removal and restoration experts will contact you with 15 minute of your call.

• Insurance assistance: One big help in getting life back to normal is that they can work directly with your insurance agent to speed up claim processing.

• Vehicle specialists: No other company is better equipped to handle damage or cleaning for the unique surfaces in cars, trucks, boats and RVs.

Stanley Steemer Company Information