Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Stanley Steemer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Two young men, Jacob and James showed up on time and ready to work. They went above and beyond and wouldn't stop until it was spotless. They were professional and respectful and I would request them every time I want something done by Stanley Steemer in the future. Despite having trouble with their equipment which was not their fault, they stuck with it until they got it looking great. We need more outstanding young men like these two! Hats off to the hiring manager. You need to keep these two!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

A few days ago my poor little sick dog had a few really bad accidents, which I will refrain from posting before and after pics because the before is so gross.... ANYWAYS - I tried to get the stains out myself and I didn't do a horrible job (which the professional complimented me on) BUT I just really wanted to professional to come in any clean for peace of mind knowing that all the bacteria and grossness was gone also the stain!

SO after going on their website and scheduling an appointment which was very easy to do I had the guy come today between 12 - 5 they told me. I was so happy that someone was on their way around 11:45. The professional, Andrew **, shows up at my door and is really friendly. I show him the areas I wanted to be cleaned, and we discussing pricing and what he was going to do, and then he quickly got started. He was really quick about 45 min to an hour and literally improved both my carpet in my bedroom where there was a huge stain and my wool area rug! I could not be happier with the outcome! Thank you so much, Andrew! He was great, I def recommend Stanley Steemer and of course, Andrew! Will be using them again.

Get expert buying tips about Fire and Water Damage Restoration delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 21, 2019

My experiences from making an appointment to seeing the rugs finished was amazing. I made the appointment on Friday for Saturday. Within 15 minutes someone called back to confirm the order and shorten expected time of arrival! On Saturday they arrived on time and immediately got to work. The workers were very professional and their final results were extremely clean and stainless rugs!!! Will use and recommend Stanley Steemer to others.

Original review: June 22, 2019

We had 4" of rain overnight and our storm drain outside got clogged, so our laundry room, lower bathroom, and part of our family room got flooded. We called Stanley Steemer carpet restoration, Portage, MI. The 2 technicians, Marco and Connor **, were very professional about accessing the damage. In the end, they decided we did not need carpet restoration, but a few days drying out with dehumidifiers and fans. They told us where to put everything for maximum drying, and said we should call them when the carpet dried out so they could come and clean it. They could have charged us a lot of money (they get paid on commission), but they charged nothing for their kind help and advice. These young men are to be commended!

Original review: June 21, 2019

On 6/20/2019, Pedro and Tony (service techs of Stanley Steemer) arrived promptly on time, to clean the carpet in our entire house. They were professional, friendly, and very respectful of our personal property in our house. They did an excellent job and our 30 year old carpet has never looked better. The price was reasonable and fair. Thanks again guys for a job well-done. DEFINITELY recommend Stanley Steemer, Pedro and Tony!! Signed Tom & Patsy

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stanley Steemer?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

We were quoted 324.00 to steam clean 3 area rugs, a stairwell and a couch online. We made the appt. When the techs arrived all that changed. The refigured price was 559.00. The inference in pricing difference was that we had made a mistake when ordering. That's not accurate. We were specific in what we wanted to be done. This is called bait and switch. A common occurrence in the in-home services industry. After complaining about it a "manager" showed up. Instead of doing the job for the quoted price he decided to give us a 100.00 gift certificate and some deodorizer (this after all the hype about pure steam cleaning). How cynical can you get. We will never use the gift certificate. Why in the world we want to go through that again. Don't get sucked in by Stanley Steemer.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

We bought a new home... the living room carpet was nice except for a path from the kitchen to the bedrooms. We paid $107. Carpet looks THE SAME except it looks freshly vacuumed. Please don't waste your money!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

We scheduled Stanley Steemer to clean and color seal our grout. The girl I spoke with on the phone to scheduled asked if I wanted clear or color seal. She told me the service people will bring the color available with them. When their team showed up to do the work, they informed us they don’t color seal. We are livid!! They said they don’t even have the stuff on their truck to color seal. Then they suggested we call another company and have them clean the tile and then color seal it at the same time. So all week I have been looking forward to having this service done so we can move on with our remodeling projects but instead now we are pushed way back with our schedule and we are left VERY FRUSTRATED!!! I can not believe we were let down like that!!!! I highly would not recommend this company due to their misleading information.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

They totally missed an animal accident in one of the bedrooms in front of the piano, under the piano stool. Visual to anyone paying attention to detail. Will probably not hire Stanley Steemer again, they were in too much of a hurry to get to the next job. One area rug totally skimmed over ($80.00) looked as if it hadn't been cleaned at all. Too bad, they have good ads. Very unimpressed----Jerry **.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

Jordan and Julio of Stanley Steemer in Stratford, CT just finished cleaning 7 area rugs in my home. They were very polite, clearly explained the different options available and did a wonderful job. A few rugs had stains and they were able to remove them. I will use them again!

Stanley Steemer expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This experienced restoration and cleaning company, with services since 1947, has offices in 48 states. Though known more for their steam-cleaning equipment, they also handle residential and commercial water restoration services.

• On call 24/7: No matter when disaster strikes, you can contact a water removal and restoration specialist on their emergency hotline for advice over the phone of what to do before the crew arrives.

• Allergy certified: The company has endorsements from the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, citing a 94-percent allergen-removal success rate.

• 15-minute response: The company promises that water removal and restoration experts will contact you with 15 minute of your call.

• Insurance assistance: One big help in getting life back to normal is that they can work directly with your insurance agent to speed up claim processing.

• Vehicle specialists: No other company is better equipped to handle damage or cleaning for the unique surfaces in cars, trucks, boats and RVs.

• Best for: Although they do not cover fire-damage recovery, this company is an effective business partner for rapid water-damage recovery and cleaning.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs