Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Honda Element

The Honda Element is a crossover SUV. Read more Honda reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

58 Honda Element Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 11, 2017

I just had an awful experience with my Honda Element 2006. As I was driving home, I experienced smoke inside the car. I was at the end of my street, so made it to my driveway. When I opened the passenger's side back door, I could see the fire in the wall, next to the back seat and in front of the wheel well. All I could do was pour water in there with the garden hose. Large hole in the wall, plastic cover melted, passenger seat partially burnt. Smelled like wire burning. I was very lucky to get out of the car. Luckily I had just dropped my 10-year old granddaughter off to her mother. I am so upset, as I love this car. Best car I've ever had. I keep up the maintenance and care of the car. I am waiting for the insurance adjuster today. So no repair number at this time. Will keep in touch.

Original review: May 6, 2017

2005 Honda Element EX: I will never buy another Honda vehicle in my life. Driver and passenger vehicle windows broke years ago like every other Honda Element. The key locks won't turn. The AC motor broke twice. The driver side seat is badly torn. Honda has no pride.

Original review: March 15, 2017

I love my Element❤❤. It is a 2006 and these are the repairs I have had done. Windows automatic... first driver's side and then much later passenger side. Brakes have been redone, normal maintenance maintained, have driven it constantly for 170,000 miles. It has great headroom???

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

The Element LX is the ugly duckling in the family. We bought it new in 2008 and we now have 52,000 miles on it. Ugly is almost the only negative we have for it. The low gas mileage threw us a curve. We have a 2000 Chevy suburban, V8 that gets 20 mpg, so it blows our mind that our 4 cylinder Honda also averages 20 mpg. We did have a window regulator go out in 2016, but that is it for parts and repair issues. We keep it clean and serviced. It is a fun car to drive, easy to handle roomy, perfect for camping, easy to keep clean. It is solid and we often refer to it as our little tank.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

I truly loved my Honda Element 2003. I still own it to date with 83,000 miles. I have to be honest and will never purchase another one. I have replaced the starter 3 times, the struts 3 times, the key locks about 3 times, they are currently not working again and can't afford to replace. I have electrical issues, not sure why, radiator went, replaced that, the ball joints twice, cd player stopped working after 6 years and now I have to replace the control arms and muffler. I do get oil changes scheduled. Don't understand why this vehicle has so many problems. I loved the design and I love my element, but I honestly would not buy another. I have only 83k miles and I don't use the vehicle often.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Honda Element?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2015

Replaced the catalytic converter twice because it stolen 500 deductible second time. Not so lucky, 800 dollars third time. Husband took to guy for 300, just straight pipe, passenger side window, regulator broke 2 times but during replacement handle broke. So now have to let people out, real pain. Everything breaks easy.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2015

I had brought in my 2010 Honda Element to three different Honda dealers to fix the 12v accessory power plug since no matter what I plugged into it, the item was very very loose and would many times lose connection and just about fall out on its own. Obviously it is not functioning as it should. The worst place I brought it to was Honda of Kenosha, they were the rudest people I've ever dealt with. Not only were they being very sexist and whistling at me calling me "baby", but they said the power plug is working "fine" and they cannot fix it since it's working fine. I even showed them the issue and then they made excuses how it must be my fault, etc. They refused to fix the issue and were the biggest jerks known to man. I even reported them to Honda corporate who didn't care (official letter to upper management). I will NEVER buy another Honda EVER again.

Original review: June 23, 2015

Honda Civic constantly overheats after driving on interstate for over 30 minutes, then get off. It's fine in stop and go traffic. Fine on highway. Only when I get off highway. Looked online & MANY, MANY Hondas with same problem!!! No one has an answer. :( Called Honda service, and guy sounded like dumb **. I had more brains than he did when I was in high school!! Last time I buy a Honda.

Original review: May 19, 2015

I bought a 2003 (yes, old) Honda Element a month ago. The passenger window regulator (motor) suddenly broke. So I went to AutoZone and bought a new one (lifetime warranty from AutoZone). Took about 1 hour and it is as good a new! I really like the interior and exterior design of this car. I wish it got better MPG, but oh well. I have been getting other parts (like the plastic piece I broke when removing the window $12, and a new tailgate weatherstripping $15) from a local Honda dealer. It's amazing that I can get the parts from a dealer for less than I can buy them online!!!

Anyway, the window regulator is a common problem, but a fairly easy fix. Youtube has instructions on how to replace it, so it is VERY easy. I am very familiar with Hondas (I have had a 94 Civic EX and currently a 98 Civic EX). I have driven them for a long time and would recommend any of the older ones to friends. I'm not as familiar with the newer ones because the older ones last forever. And they are very easy to work on. Thank you Honda!!!

Original review: April 23, 2015

I have been so thankful & proud being an owner of this Honda Element 2008. This is my second Element. It has been reliable. Great on gas mileage. All I do - keep it's maintenance current. Only recently, the Catalytic converter was stolen. Resilient.

Honda Element Company Information