Waterloo, Ontario

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Economy Lube Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Economy Lube?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Economy Lube?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

The owner and people who work on Economy Lube at Mississauga location not only are unprofessional but also are very dishonest. I went to Economy Lube workshop at Mississauga on October 11, 2018 to change oil of my car. After 2 hours the repairman came and said: "the oil pan of your car was leaking. I fixed it with silicon that's why it took too long". I answered: "my car had no leaking before". He responded: "it was a very small crack that's why you hadn't seen any leaking. Don't worry I fixed it. You should change it next time". I left the workshop and came back home. When I parked my car and exited the car I saw a huge amount of oil under my car.

I brought my car to a Chevrolet certified workshop. They checked my car and they reported: "The drain plug was broken during changing oil then it was replaced by a non-original one that was too big. When they tried to fix it in its place the oil pan was broken." Changing oil pan, renting a car and not working for a day cost $1150 to me. When I came back to Economy Lube to ask the owner pay for it he rejected to meet me and didn't answered my phone calls.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Horrible place! I had an oil change done and started leaking oil. I took it to a certified place and my oil plug was 4 threads out. This could have potentially been really bad had I not noticed puddles every time I parked my car. I pay for synthetic oil and I was told that my oil filter had NOT been changed by the shape it was in. I had 2 people look under my car for apparent rust proofing I paid for and was told my car which is only 2 years old is not rust proofed. 149.99 for no service? This place talked me into a transmission flush when my car only had 78,000 on it as well. I will NEVER take my car back here and neither will a lot of my friends. I have pictures and copies of my receipts and am going to pursue this further.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I would like to use this venue as an opportunity to warn people regarding a company called Economy Lube & Tire Lynden Rd. My truck went in for an oil change. That I just purchased the vehicle and it just passed a safety check and was inspected by my own mechanic, this Economy Lube & Tire company did not replace the oil filter and if I had not noticed The following day I would be driving around with the used oil filter after a new oil change. As if that wasn’t bad enough my truck went in without any coolant leaks and it came out with a major coolant leak. The morning after I found a puddle of anti-freeze under my truck.

When I approached the company they denied any wrongdoing even after knowing they neglected to replace the oil filter on a oil change, in their defence after bringing it to their attention that they never replace my oil filter they did replace that and the oil in the truck but denied any wrongdoing with the radiator or meeting me halfway on the cost of replacing it and replacing it was my only option to repair the leak after having two mechanics go over the truck a week before I went in for the oil change and driving it for four days myself and not seeing any leaks whatsoever or smelling antifreeze. The day after my oil change there was a puddle of antifreeze under my truck and every time I walk past the motor after driving it I could smell antifreeze plain as day. This is awful. Coincidental don’t you think?

Feel free to share this and tell your friends about my experience with this company and their neglect to take any responsibility.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

It was just verified that my filter was not changed when I was there because I couldn't get the filter off. I am so pissed off right now, I was suspicious when I looked when I was still in Brantford because the filter was the same brand that a Toyota dealer put on and there was no oil under the housing! Now they say, "Well I can give you a free one..." I really don't wanna go back though.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I went in for an oil change a week or so ago, based on promotions of a free set of wiper blades. There was so much confusion about the promotion and about what I needed done to my car. Well after paying for an oil change and an undercoat spray, I got one wiper blade and the promise the other will be in in a day or two. Two days later, no wiper blade. I called the following day, after hearing it will be in for sure, no blade. The next day I called yet again, and was told he just ordered it and it will be in the next day. I said to set it aside under my name and I will be in Monday at the latest to pick it up. Monday, no blade, all sorts of confusion and no idea where it could be, other than a phone call later, the person on the other end admitted to not ordering it. Someone ran next door to get me a 22" blade, and they went to put them on. They obviously had no idea how to install it, then the excuses started.

Apparently the blades on my car were a special design and I had to buy them from the dealer. Um... No! If you notice my car is not brand new, as a matter of fact I have owned it for 8 years, and have purchased a multitude of wiper blades from many locations. The next problem was they were two different styles. The answer, that doesn't make a difference, they all work. So I asked him if he would go out in public wearing two different colour socks, as the differences will look stupid. "Well that's all I can do because it was just while the wiper supplies lasted." So in that case why wasn't I told at the start, and why did they go next door and get a 22" blade for me. I can appreciate it that some people, me included don't know how to do everything, including changing wiper blades.

I have done it before, it's not the easiest job, but if I am confronted with something I can't do I will ask someone else and admit I don't know. The absolute worst thing you can do is back yourself into a corner with a lie. Economy Lube has lost a customer and maybe many others because I talk to friends about experiences. I didn't rate them with any stars because they don't deserve any. Actually I deserve five stars for listening to their crap for the last week and a bit. Wow... In the end I had to give them one star but it is not deserved... I guess the worst rating the system will accept is 1 star.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I have brought my two cars for oil change, but never bringing them again. I was told by them that my car needed transmission oil change and other things and it was not true. I paid $250.00 and this was incorrect. My husband told me that he had just done all that I had paid for early this year. So I was tricked into expenses that were not required. I find these people very dishonest, and they don't care for people to spend money they might not have. I will never bring any of my cars again to this place.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Just took my car there for an etest. Told wait time would be 45 minutes so I went for coffee. When I returned was told car would not start, even though the car had been running perfectly. Luckily I know a bit about cars and checked the battery connections and fuses. Somehow even though the car worked perfectly when I parked it there the fuse had somehow became unlodged and when I reset it the car stated and works perfectly. I will never return to this business for anything.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I was just at Economy Lube for a regular oil change. I requested the basic oil, and that's it. When the guy came back he told me that I shouldn't get the basic because it's not good for my car and it's not what my car needs. Again, I told him I just wanted basic oil. When he came back to me a second time, he said, "We did the oil change and if you care about your car you should get the transmission fluid done". I turned around and said, if "I care about my car?... I wouldn't come here to get my oil changed if I didn't care about my car..." Then we were going back and forth about what he had said... and I want to say that sure I got my oil changed... but very poor customer service. Won't be going back. No one tells me that I should care about my car because I know what has to be done and what doesn't have to be done.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

My 78 yr. old grandmother went at 1369 Dundas St E, Mississauga, ON L4Y 4E7, Canada for a vehicle inspection, got charged for a coolant change $199.00 and rustproofing $199.00 (in the middle of winter). A $30 bill went to $451.98. Not impressed.

Original review: April 19, 2016

I stopped by the Fairway Road Economy Lube this afternoon. At first, I thought I had a pretty positive experience. The staff were friendly and fast (probably too fast in retrospect). The only thing I was originally concerned about was that my oil change was $20 more than the highest price on the price board. The tech told me the price for "my oil" had just fallen off. Could happen I suppose.

A few minutes later, I was on my way - a very fast service. When I got home and read my receipt, I saw the things that should have been done - checking all the fluids and other things - could they have done all of that so fast? One of the items checked as completed was filling my windshield washer fluid. It was empty on arrival and still empty after the service. It made me wonder what else they hadn't done.

I did a quick online check of the company and was blown away at all of the negative stories/reviews/news reports, etc. I was now wondering if they even changed my oil at all. My car runs on full synthetic and I paid for full synthetic. I checked my oil and it appears very dark and smells like conventional oil. I just called my dealership to book for another oil change because I have no trust or faith in Economy Lube. I'll find out next week if they really did change the oil and if they gave me the oil I paid for.

Economy Lube Company Information