Find an Extended Auto Warranties partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Century Warranty

Century Warranty offers three different vehicle service contracts. That’s fewer options than most auto warranty companies have, but Century Warranty has superior benefits and a standout rental car reimbursement policy. Compare quotes, weigh the pros and cons and read consumer reviews before making a decision.

Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you

Pros

• Affordable options
    • Great benefits
    • Transferable plans

Cons

• Reviews mention claims issues
    • Must buy through authorized retailers

Bottom Line

Century Warranty offers three straightforward plans to cover your car repairs. Its claims process might have some issues, but Century Warranty’s benefits stand out among competitors.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Century Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Century Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Century Warranty?

Original review: June 28, 2017

Worked with Kenneth ** and he will tell you want you want to hear so you purchase. I was contacted by my dealership about my 209 Acura TL and I was offered a 4 year, 48k mile extension of warranty. I asked if this was Acura Care warranty and he said yes. Things that he said are covered include engine, transmission, drive axle, steering, brakes, air conditioning suspension and electrical. For the price it didn't seem bad so I said yes. $185 down and 3 payment options: $875/year for 4 years, $138/24 months, $184/18 months. I got charged the down payment of $185 and then received the paperwork/contract.

The paperwork was all incorrect including cost and warranty. It is not Acura Care, it is Century Warranty Services, there are 3 coverage levels: power choice advantage, power choice plus or power choice. My contract says power choice which only covers engine, transmission and drive axle. The cost was incorrect stating down payment is $205 and each payment for 24 months is $154.25.

The only thing that was correct was my vehicle info: make, model, year and miles. I do say I called to cancel and they have said they will reverse, but I will have to check my account to make sure they do. However, when I confronted Ken about this, he basically blamed me that I had written down all my information correctly. He stated they record all their calls and I said that, "Great, let's listen to them to see who's telling the truth". At the end of the day if it sounds too good to be true it likely is. Beware and check your contract if you do end up signing up for the warranty package.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

I purchased a 2012 Yukon and have had to use the Century warranty and it's been quick and they have come through every time minus my $100 deductible. On any used vehicle I would recommend Century warranty.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

The Century Service Administrator altered the original contract from that which I and the dealer manager signed and emailed me a copy of the altered contract. The changes included lowering the vehicle purchase price down to zero, lowering the contract purchase price (which affects the pro-rata refund amount when canceled) to a smaller dollar value, and the new contract was called an "E-Contract" and had no signatures. When I asked to cancel the contract due to the Volkswagen of America buyback of the TDI diesel vehicles, I was told that Century is only the administrator and that actually it is the dealer that provides payment of claims, and issues pro-rated refunds on cancellations. The dealer stated that they were awaiting a reimbursement from the Century administrator. Century insists that they do not receive any Agreement charges from the sale of it (from the customer) nor do they reimburse the dealer when it is canceled.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

Not bad, I purchased a Costco auto insurance plan CWS. I've had a very positive overall experience, I'm glad I purchased this warranty! It was the top plan, for $4766.00. I made money with the amount of costly repairs, my vehicle has air suspension and it was a $1000 repair x the 4 corners of the vehicle. And a rear motor oil leak was over $2000! They covered all the repairs! Yes, someone came out to inspect every claim. But they paid the dealer, it was a credit card, little odd, it the dealer always gave me my car when it was done. Thanks CWS!

Original review: July 20, 2016

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, customer service!!! I have a contract that cost $2,500 with Century service. I purchased my vehicle in 2012 with an extended bumper to bumper warranty. It took 5 phone calls to acknowledge I had a contract. So I started to record all phone calls with this company. They finally acknowledged that I have a contract but that I bought a lesser contract that would not cover my contract. I faxed in my contract and they changed the information after a week. I talked to almost every if not all customer service providers, few were helpful, many were complete jerks, and none knew how to read the notes about how my contract was updated and I had an open case.

They didn't want to pay for any of it. Then they only wanted to pay part of it. I called and said that the contract covers all of it. They said "according to their records, they don't have to pay." They also said they do not have a specific contract that I signed so I had to fax my contract. My repair shop asked me to take my vehicle to another shop because they were tired of dealing with "those jerks at the Warranty company." I told my repair shop that I would talk to the warranty company. I called Century service and they said, "Tell your repair shop to man up and stop being babies." I said, "Sure as long as you tell everyone there to stop being an **." 4 weeks later, my car is getting fixed... I think. Yes, everything is recorded and I am considering a lawsuit. This is my first review I've ever written and probably my last, but I just wanted to warn anyone buying from this company.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2016

I purchased an Century Extended Warranty from the dealer which I was told that it's a Bumper to Bumper warranty for a 2013 Ford Flex that I purchase in September. I've only have the car for 5 months now and my emergency brake doesn't engage anymore, so I took it to a Ford shop and the told me the problem with my car and that it should be cover under warranty. The Ford shop called Century Warranty and they said that it's not covered.

So I called Century myself and the line has picked up but the personnel at Century didn't know I was on the line. I heard them talking about how they weren't going to paid for a job that a person took their car to the shop for repairs in a min wear and tear problem, and Century personnel were laughing about not having to pay for the job cause they felt they didn't want to pay for. They sounded like a bunch of crooks! Do not purchase any Century Extended Warranty!! They are not professional person and are only out to take your money!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2015

I purchased the extended warranty coverage for my 2010 Honda Odyssey expecting major repairs to be covered. A few months later a leak was found in the Power Steering Rack. Repair was delayed for two days awaiting an inspector from Century Warranty Services. The leak was indeed verified but was told this was not covered by the policy. This repair cost almost $800 with a dealer discount. Not only did the warranty not cover the repair, it delayed the repair. I was without my Odyssey for a week. I do not recommend this company.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

The battery kept being dead in the am. Checking charging, okay. Replaced battery, still dead. Dealership says electrical system spiked due to loose neg cable. Two relays damaged, A/C psi valve damaged due to overcharging. Dealership says battery cable loose due to overtorqued. Battery cable secured and not faulty??? Warranty claims rep says battery problem not covered. Again, no evidence the battery cable at fault, just an assumption. Repairs not covered?? I'm asking for a full refund for policy, all repairs paid out of pocket. Why have extended warranty when first repair ever isn't covered, just slot of people passing the buck and not answering or returning calls. Never purchase extended warranties at dealerships or by mail. Save your money, it will save you lots of stress.

Original review: March 6, 2014

The alternator went out in my daughters car I bought for her. It was on the side of the road, so we had it towed to our mechanic. He fixed it and I sent the receipt to Century and they denied it, because I didn't get prior authorization. I explained it was not possible, because the car broke down and the warranty information was in my safe. They still denied, actually ignored me, never returning my call or second fax to them, nice huh. This is how this company scams people. My hope is that people are informed as to their shady business practice and eventually put them out of business. Do they really expect people are going to wait to have their vehicles repaired so they can get prior authorization. Really shame on you.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2013

I was led to believe that our computer was covered, but no. So now after $1300.00, I'm hopeful I can get refund for it.

Century Warranty Company Information