CarShield Reviews

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

Concord Auto Protect

Concord Auto Protect Reviews

About CarShield

CarShield offers customizable vehicle service contracts that cover new and used cars against malfunctions or breakdowns. Along with these extended warranties, CarShield also provides 24/7 roadside assistance, towing services, rental vehicles, mobile app access and exclusive customer rewards. Month-to-month coverage plans include flexible monthly payment options to fit as many of your needs as possible.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • More plans than many competitors offer
    • Plans start at $99 per month
    • Free access to 24-hour assistance and repair facility map
    • Month-to-month, price-locked plans available
    • Covers cars with up to 300,000 miles
    Cons
    • Rental reimbursement isn’t standard
    • Oil changes and tire rotations not included

CarShield Reviews

Stars Rating

• 80%
    • 5%
    • 4%
    • 2%
    • 9%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarShield?

Reviewed July 14, 2017

I purchased the Gold plan in Oct. 2015, I just referred a friend Gllenn ** who will be calling. I have never had to use my warranty, but I like the friendly people, and not having to wait when I call with a question. What prompted me to purchase was a repair bill for a rebuilt Transmission over $2000.

Hello Steve!

Thanks for taking a moment to review CarShield. We genuinely appreciate your comments and look forward to working with you in the future.

Reviewed July 14, 2017

Please phone me and leave a message. I am still having problems meeting an 80.60 payment. Thank you for your attention. I have macular degeneration. I am blind in one eye. As a result, I usually drive less than ten mile a day. Hopefully I will never need the insurance.

Hi Edward!

We apologize you are having issues. We will be looking further into your account and a service agent will be with you shortly.

Reviewed July 13, 2017

David fixed me right up... Glad to be a part of the family!! He verified coverage. Made me feel at ease. My JBL experience is covered...yea!! CarShield worked directly with Freeman Toyota to fix my Bluetooth... Hopefully the software upgrade will bring us back from old days.

Hello Markham!

We are glad to hear your vehicle service contract is working in your favor, as we expect it to.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

I thank you again... Ronda was very helpful and knowable of your product. I tell other about your coverage, and the "peace of mind", they could also enjoy and also have... I have never had to use you but the peace of mind I have knowing "CARSHIELD" is there and I'm in good hands. THANKS AGAIN YOU ALL.

Hello Timothy!

Reviewed July 10, 2017

I wanted to know the parts needed for repairing my Jaguar were Jaguar OIM factory and if the labor hourly rate was fully covered. Miss Jennifer was very courteous and knowledgeable. She was helpful to answer all my questions and resolve my dilemma.

Hello Carmen!

Thank you for your compliment! We appreciate your support.

Even though we are sad to see you go as a customer, we hope you do keep us in mind for the future.

Reviewed July 6, 2017

Very professional helpful staff. The plan that I have was explained to me very well where I, understood the plan. And I, think I, was given a good plan by the rep. He did a good job in selling me the plan that I have. I will recommend CarShield to my friends and family and co-workers.

Hi Henrietta!

Welcome to CarShield, We are pleased to have you join our community of consumers whom understand the importance of protecting their budgets and their vehicles with extended service contracts.

Although we would never wish for you to have to face a breakdown, we are pleased to help alleviate the cost of covered repairs and bring peace of mind to you when the inevitable happens.

If there's anything you need, please give us a call. We're here to work for you!

Reviewed July 6, 2017

Contract # **. I had several questions regarding areas of our contract for clarification. The employee was very pleasant and professional. Your company should be very proud to have employees who care about customers and give sufficient information that I was asking. Thank you for your time.

Hi Rodney!

We are pleased to hear our specialists have helped resolve any questions you have had.

We pride ourselves in having one of the best customer service teams in the industry! Feedback, such as yours, helps remind us that the customer comes first.

Thank you again for your time and your compliment. Let us know if there is anything else we can do

Reviewed July 5, 2017

So far my experience with CarShield has been exceptional. I haven't received any claims as of yet. But I am anxious to see if they live up to the plan discussed. I have tried to encourage some others to look into CarShield. I know that they will be pleased. As I am so far.

Hello Michael!

Claims HandlingPrice

Reviewed July 5, 2017

I thought that it’s a good idea to always have a warranty as I'll never know what’s gonna happen with the vehicle. CarShield sent me a letter in the mail and I decided to go with them. The payment was affordable, and the claims process went smoothly when I filed a claim.

Hi Devon!

CoverageTech

Reviewed July 3, 2017

The customer representative I spoke with (Steve) was very nice, well spoken and answered all questions I had about the product. I was well pleased. The coverage I purchased is much better that what I was offered at the dealership where I purchased my car, plus it covers it a lot longer.

Hi Mary!

Customer ServiceCoveragePrice

Reviewed June 29, 2017

The call was simple, very informative and professional. I am very satisfied with the coverage. My vehicle is 13 years old running great. I mileage is 106 and a little more but still covered. The coverage she gave me was affordable, taking my budget into consideration and understanding.

Hi Larry!

Reviewed June 29, 2017

Thankful for great customer service. The representative show great concern for meeting my needs, did not over talk me, waited until I asked questions and she responded according to the questions that was asked. She made the best and affordable plan for me. I am very restful.

Hello Arleather!

Reviewed June 29, 2017

Hard sell led me to report the mileage on our truck from memory. When I later checks I discovered that I had significantly overstated the mileage. It took numerous phone calls and nearly thirty days to get a corrected contract. It's corrected now.

Hi Ronald-

We do apoligize for the delay. When we update miles the administrator needs to re-write a new contract. That is why we let our customer's know it takes 7-10 business days to receive it in the mail.

It does look like we emailed and re-mailed the contract. If you have any further questions or concerns please give us a call!

Customer ServiceClaims Handling

Reviewed June 29, 2017

Someone called me after I've had the car for a year and placed me with CarShield. The lady we spoke with was very lovely. However, I found out later after getting five hundred million calls from other people, that it wasn’t Subaru’s policy. She said she was representing Subaru. They all say that but I didn’t realize that because we have not lived in the United States for that long and purchased a new car. However, I was very happy that I had the program when I had a problem. I filed a claim with CarShield for the air conditioning. My car had less than 20,000 miles on it and the compressor went out. When I took it to Subaru, they said I’ve got the best company there is with CarShield because they know them and CarShield is very good about their claims and to their people. We had an excellent experience and if I get another car, I wouldn’t feel bad about using them again because they are highly regarded by Subaru.

Hello Angi!

Claims Handling

Reviewed June 28, 2017

I needed an auto warranty and CarShield worked with me to make payments. Also, filing a claim with them was an easy process.

Hi Gloria!

Customer ServiceTechPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 27, 2017

I've owned several vehicles and have never purchased an extended warranty outside of what the dealer offered. CarShield was the first one ever and figured like most warranties it would be a waste of my money and I would never use it. Well I was completely wrong. I've had the extended warranty a little over half a year I believe and the air compressor on my car died.

I called customer service to find out what would be covered and how quickly I could have the work done. Customer Service rep answered all my questions and what she said would happen did. I took the vehicle to a certified mechanic, they called CarShield to have the work needed done approved and they did immediately over the phone.

Once I brought the vehicle back to have the work done, the mechanic's billing person raved about how quickly CarShield paid the bill and that was one of the best warranty companies they had ever dealt with. As a single mom and someone that works Midnight shift a reliable car is very important. Knowing that I have this extended warranty brings great peace of mind.

Hi Marcela!

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed June 23, 2017

The customer service rep Hannah was the sweetest and most helpful person I have ever dealt with as far as customer service people go. She helped me to keep my coverage when I was in a tight spot financially. Kudos to her for sure.

Hi Wayne!

Thank you for reviewing CarShield. We are pleased to hear our specialists were able to help resolve any issues or concerns you had.

Thank you again for your time. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Reviewed June 23, 2017

I have always been able to call customer service and get helped by friendly staff. I'm happy with my warranty at this time because I haven't had to utilize it but glad it's there just in case I need it for the future.

Hi Deborah!

Reviewed June 22, 2017

I thought I would have to wait for at least a few months before the warranty went into effect. But mine Warranty went into effect right away. I'm glad that I change my mind and picked up the phone to call.

Hi Lisa!

Reviewed June 22, 2017

We were very satisfied with the service they provided at Cadillac and extremely satisfied with our warranty policy from CarShield. We would tell everyone about them and the fine service they provide there. Customer service is very friendly and they really do help you.

Hello Thomas!

Reviewed June 22, 2017

Everyone I came in contact with was very Polite. I think people should sign up for a contract to protect their car and their wallets and save money. I have not experience not have a car to ride if something would happen to it and I can't afford to pay.

Hi Joyce!

Claims HandlingCoveragePrice

Reviewed June 22, 2017

My experience with CarShield has been great. My car is getting older and I want to make sure so I depend on the auto warranty. The representative explained everything very well and was very professional and friendly. It was overall a positive experience. The payment was affordable and budgeted into my expenses. Everything was fine. I filed a claim and they covered it. Although initially, they questioned the amount of time that I had the insurance before I file a claim and they were putting up an argument and a big fight over covering the repair. But I pointed out that I was meeting the expectations and it’s my end of the deal to comply with the contract requirements.

They also requested to take apart everything in the engine, so they could have someone come over to the shop and look at it, which was a bit unreasonable. But the person from the company showed up to the shop, looked at the car and later on was able to read the computer printouts without taking the engine apart and accepted it so it was okay. And they covered it so it was a happy ending. I would totally recommend them and have recommended it to friends and they have gotten the insurance.

Hello Luis!

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 21, 2017

I never thought I was going to use this warranty and came to fact that I had to. You guys did great and quick, Justin ** at VW got in touch with you and the response was quick. The inspector was there next day and the following day my car was back to normal!!!

Hi Leandro!

Reviewed June 20, 2017

Was very surprised to have you call right back after we requested a quote. You did everything to satisfy our questions. Look forward to being with your company for the next 5 years. Thanks for all you did for us. Will definitely recommend you to our friends.

Hi Roman!

Price

Reviewed June 20, 2017

Great experience. All details explained with clarity by James, and then Mr. **. Looking forward to future interactions. Contract pricing seems reasonable, as well as services provided. Thus far I have a contract for 2005 Cadillac Deville; and plan to cover my 2001 Lincoln too.

Hello Renee!

Reviewed June 20, 2017

I have been try to get my car repaired for over 9 days now. I am still waiting! First I took my 2013 Volkswagen to Goodyear automotive to have my air conditioner repaired. CarShield did not agree to the price so they sent me to another shop. They didn't agree with their pricing and want to send them the parts and only pay for used parts and if I wanted new parts I would have to pay the difference plus I had to wait for an inspector to come out to inspect the car which would take 24 to 48 hours which took 3 days and then it took 3 more days to get approved and they kept putting me on hold. It was very frustrating to say the least. I really felt they were try to get me to give up on getting my car repaired. I was told by others who have purchased these kinds of warranties that that is what they do. I have never been so ??? disappointed and dissatisfied. I would not refer CarShield to anyone ever!!?

Jessie-

We are very sorry to hear about the stress you endured during the claims process. That is not how we expect our customers to feel when we set them up with an A Rated, BBB Accredited administrator.

Being the marketer/seller of the service contract, we at CarShield have little to no control over the claims process or the administrators' decision to approve or deny a claim. We are, however, always willing to explain the coverage details or help you with any of your Customer Service needs.

We do value you and your continued business. Please, if there is anything we can do for you, do not hesitate to contact us!

Reviewed June 20, 2017

Check to see if my AC is covered on my 2006 Dodge Charger that is not cooling all the time. The customer service agent was very kind and helpful. Made me feel that I was an important customer and that mean a lot to me when I'm doing business with someone.

Hi James!

Reviewed June 20, 2017

Cancellation of my membership due to car accident vehicle is totaled and I am no longer in need of the policy since I no longer have the vehicle. My insurance company is working on the claim but it's not final. Please send all correspondence to the address on file. Thanks.

Hello Sekethia!

Reviewed June 19, 2017

Customer Service was very helpful and tried to help me out with my problem. If asked about CarShield by any one of my family members or any friends I will direct them to use CarShield. I will also informed them on helpful that you try to help out with payments.

Hi Joseph!

Reviewed June 19, 2017

Was hit with a medical emergency and was going to have problems with making future payments and the agent ran by me a couple of options to which I would be able to use. He was very helpful, patient and understanding with my issue. I really appreciate all the help and time he spend trying to help me out.

Hello Tanika!

Thank You very much!

Thank you again for your time and your great compliment. Let us know if there is anything else we can do

Reviewed June 19, 2017

Highly commendable & efficient customer service & experience. For those who want peace of mind, I highly recommend this to everyone. And security has no price especially when it comes to your loved ones & family. We need to do what can to take care of each other and CarShield is one of those means to accomplish this. Thanks to CarShield & all the best to your company.

Hi Alvin!

Reviewed June 19, 2017

Left front door lock actuator failed. The repair took place without problem. The Service Adviser praised CarShield - saying that approval for the repair was one of the quickest he had ever experienced, payment also was made in a rapid timely manner.

Hello Michael!

Reviewed June 16, 2017

I have had nothing but outstanding service with this company. When my transmission went out on my vehicle there wasn't any problem or hesitation from you all. I will recommend this warranty to all my friends. I thought that my warranty was done but after talking with someone from your office I am cover until 2019, this is very important because since I have finish paying so I thought that my warranty had ran out.

Hello Mark!

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 15, 2017

My experience with the representatives of CarShield were friendly, polite, knowledgeable and very helpful with all of my questions and / or concerns. Everything concerning my particular situation was handled promptly and with email confirmation of any transactions and discussions. I would highly recommend CarShield to anyone looking for a quality product backed up by true professionals. Thank you CarShield!

Hi Stuart!

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed June 15, 2017

I've been receiving notices from CarShield for several months now about renewing my car warranty. I finally called them back last week and spoke with a representative who stated that she would ask me after she got my info if I wished to sign up. She eventually proceeded to try to get me to tell her my credit card info without asking if I wanted to sign up. I stopped her and said that I wanted to look at my budget, as the monthly rate is nearly $200/month, plus a $300 activation fee. She said, "Let me see if we can get you a better rate," and put me on hold.

Then a man came on the phone, which was confusing since she hadn't said she was transferring me to someone else. He proceeded to offer me lower rates. (which consisted of lower monthly rates over a longer period of time). I told him that I had told the lady before that I wanted to check my budget and that I still needed to. We had this same conversation 2 more times before I hung up on him.

He kept trying to tell me all the reasons why I need a warranty, which I am aware of. The point was that I did not know at that moment if I had the money to put into it, and that I wanted to make sure before I committed to something. The bottom line is that I found him to be very pushy and rude by not listening to what I was saying. I will not buy a product from a company who tries to push me into buying it right then. It makes me feel like it's a scam or I'm being tricked.

Amy-

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We sincerely apologize if our representative treated you in a manner less than courteous and professional.

We train all of our associates to understand different situations and budgets. We do offer various programs to assist you and help get coverage into your budget.

Again, we do apologize if you had a less than pleasant experience. Our Quality Assurance Team will review the call and appropriate action will be taken.

Customer ServiceRefunds & Payouts

Reviewed June 15, 2017

Response handled expeditiously on e-mail but haven't received money back to my account. Representative said I should receive my money back to my account within 2-3 days. I had to cancel because my doctor states that I should not be driving because of my heart disease.

Hello Marjorie!

Reviewed June 15, 2017

On June 6, 2016 at precisely 11:54 am I called CarShield's customer service line and spoke to a customer service representative named Jonathan. This was one of the WORST customer service encounters I have ever experienced. Needless to say I carefully document every conversation I have with any company that I pay money to for rendered services. I am in the process of composing a long and meticulously detailed letter to CarShield and its executives. What led up to this conversation was lie after lie coming from CarShield. I'll be the first to admit that Jonathan got the brunt of my frustrations but instead of putting my mind at ease and actually making an effort to fix the problem, Jonathan yelled at me, interrupted me and explicitly said that "What the other representatives told you isn't my problem".

I don't know what CarShield's filtering process is for recruitment but this particular representative should have NEVER been brought on board the CarShield team. I have been in the service industry for 15 years and though I've seen behavior like this before, I have NEVER witnessed any of my employees (and I've hired dozens) treating any of their customers like this. After I hung up on Jonathan I called back and was finally put on the phone with a manager named Matt who was very cordial and who kindly cancelled my account and refunded it. However before speaking to Matt I spoke to another rude representative named Madison who refused to put a manager on the phone. Granted I was still very upset from the conversation I just had with Jonathan, but if you listen to the call you will hear that I did ask her 4 times to speak with a manager and she absolutely refused to put one on the phone.

The call with Madison took place same date at 12:07 pm. I then hung up on her and called back at 12:10 pm and spoke with a very nice representative named Mariah who immediately put Matt the manager on the phone. I will still write my letter but just in case anyone from CarShield sees this feedback and wants to verify what I've said, the contract # was **. You have the date and times for each call as well. If you listen to my correspondence with all 4 people you will hear a sharp distinction between the very low standard of service I received from Jonathan and Madison and the very high standard of service I received from Matt and Mariah. That is how you will know that people like Jonathan and Madison are not meant to be in customer service.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
      Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 15, 2017

I needed information regarding coverage concerning the air conditioner on the Dodge Caliber. I also needed a copy of my contract. The servicer was very prompt in emailing the document. Nice! I hope this feedback is helpful.