2. Shopping
  3. Jewelry Stores

3.8/5 (134 ratings)

About Fossil Watches

Fossil Watches Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fossil Watches?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fossil Watches?

Original review: May 7, 2020

Ordered 7 items on their 70% sale. Payment didn't go through on PayPal because Fossil didn't claim it....lost out on sale items, Fossil basically said "can't go back in time" and offered 30% off instead. When I explained I wouldn't be shopping with them again they said "hopefully you'll give us a 2nd chance in the future."

Original review: April 29, 2020

I bought a beautiful Fossil watch for my husband as a Christmas gift. It had a beautiful black leather cuff style band. Within less than one year the band broke along with the pin that secured the watch band. I reached out to their customer service in hopes that they would be willing to replace the watch band being it was only 1 year old, actually just less than 1 year old. I was told I could spend $30 to replace the band plus shipping. Why would I want to pay $30 to replace a band that broke so quickly?

I was really disappointed in their customer service and lack of integrity by not backing up their product better. I certainly won't be buying another fossil watch for my husband, and I certainly won't recommend for anyone else to buy one. With the quantity of bands that they purchase for watches, I guarantee that this band probably cost them a few dollars if that. For them not to be willing to replace it at no cost was very shocking. To me it's simply showed me how much or rather how little they valued me as a customer.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I got a watch from Fossil for my boyfriend for our anniversary. Not but two weeks later the battery broke and a nob fell off so I took it in to get repaired on Nov 17th 2018. The workers at the mall great! But over the phone customer service is absolutely HORRID to deal with. I have been LIED to on multiple accounts. Backs and forths of me having to pay fees and me CONTINUOUSLY having to correct them. I’ve spent a total of 6 hours on the phone all together calling this company. I absolutely will not be buying ANYTHING from them ever again and don’t recommend anyone to either.

So now it is JANUARY 15TH! 2020 AND THEY ARE SENDING ME A BROKEN WATCH BACK NO ONE FIXED IT. So now (: I am so so beyond myself. I have to send the watch in AGAIN and wait ANOTHER 4-6 WEEKS in order for my boyfriend to get his watch back. I do not like being mean. It SUCKS but this company is the worst company ever! I am SUPPOSED to be receiving a full refund for this **. But who knows if it's ACTUALLY going to happen fake ** supervisor. Calling you guys out on twitter. But they only respond to save the face of the company. ** is the only way to get through to this company. AND I NEVER **. Don’t waste your time or money on this wack company.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

I’ve gone through 2 watches in two years. Both had issues with internal pieces. It constantly loses time. These are junk for the money you pay. I bought a 2017 model and previously had a 2015. I’ll be looking to switch brands after this experience.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

My daughter shopped for watch on cyber Monday, paid for the watch, got an email the next day out of stock. We called them five times, rude people in other countries not wanting to help her or honor the cyber Monday sale with another watch. My daughter finally talk to someone. They said, "We cannot Honor the 50% off coupon through email. You have to do it on the phone." They Told her to purchase the watch full price. They would send her 50% off back to her account. Meanwhile they still had the money for the other watch. So that would take 5 to 7 business days then it would take another 5 to 7 business days to get the 50% off money back in her bank account. I told my daughter I would not shop here ever again. Very rude customer service people on the phone.

I saw that this company was based out of Texas. I sent them an email about what happened. All they wanted was the last four digits of the card. No apology For the inconvenience or the lack of customer service or the fact that they tied up a lot of money in her bank account. She’s 17 spending her own money. This is a gift for her boyfriend for Christmas. Hopefully she learns after this experience with them not to shop with them ever again. Just be warned. There is no customer service. The customer is wrong and they will argue with you and tell you that. I couldn’t even understand the last young lady that we spoke to. She said they Located in Guatemala City. Warning, warning, warning. Do not buy from this company.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I purchased this watch because I always use Fossil and I did not want an Apple Watch, my preference has been fossil for over 20 years. So when I purchased this watch I was really excited. But since I got the watch I have replaced the battery 3 times, unacceptable. That’s ridiculous. I don’t have time to go replacing a battery at the mall. I’m a nurse that works 2 full time jobs and this has been so inconvenient. I don’t recommend this watch at all. Maybe I should stick with a regular watch.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I purchased a FOSSIL Gen 5 watch August 5th and received a email confirmation the watch was shipped Friday August 9th with a tracking number informing me it will arrive Tuesday August 13th end of day. Wednesday August 14th I phone FEDEX and Fossil. They both inform me it has not been shipped. I've asked for a refund and they REFUSE. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM FOSSIL. The Team Leader refused to answer my questions why they will not cancel my order as it has not been shipped. I'll never order anything from FOSSIL. They have made me move to. DG

Original review: July 17, 2019

I bought smart watch from Niagara Outlet Mall US side. Just under two weeks case cover starts falling. Luckily every time I found it. I emailed to customer support. They provide me with FedEx tracking no. and company FG Service provider asking $55 Canadian to fix it. What a joke. I will never buy any product from them thinking I lost money somewhere. Asking everybody think twice before buying poor workmanship material and quality.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I purchased the Gen 3 Smartwatch directly from Fossil. I've had it for about four months now. In general, the watch is very heavy to me, but I don't have another brand of smartwatch to compare it to. The touchscreen isn't touchy enough. I have a difficult time getting the screen to scroll or switch to the screen I want. It can also take a few shakes to awaken the screen just so I can know the time. My primary issue is the very poor battery life. I leave about 6:30 am, and was finding the watch was dead before I returned home in the evening. It generally only lasts about 10 hours - max. That is if I do not get a lot of notifications during the day.

I do not have any extra apps on the watch - only Google Fit. I have the settings to preserve battery life. I emailed customer service, and after almost two weeks I have not received a response. So I finally called and was eventually connected to tech support who informed me that 8 - 12 hours was considered acceptable battery life. I travel often for work, and I actually need a watch that tells time for an entire day. They do not have any batteries for their watches which will last longer. So now, I'm going to have to carry my watch charger around with me until I find a replacement smartwatch - which will not be a Fossil.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Basically the watch is comparable to any domestic watch. However, no jeweler I have found in my area will replace the watch battery. Every time it requires that I send it away for this simple task. This watch is far from the calibre of watches that require such inconvenience. Rolex, Movado are easier to have serviced than the Fossil. So it sits unused. Warning, if you decide to get a Fossil watch, make sure you are near a distributor, otherwise once the battery dies, you will have nothing more than a bracelet.

Original review: April 1, 2019

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND REFUSE TO CORRECT THEIR ERROR... Placed an order over the phone and they never repeated the shipping address. As a result they entered the wrong address. I called within 10 minutes of calling in the order because I got an email confirmation with the wrong address. They said they corrected it. WRONG. Got a tracking number a day later with the wrong address still. Called in to fix it and they said they never got a correction report from my second call. So the third guy said they would try to fix it. Called a few days later to check and still nothing was done. They continued to send the item to the wrong location. Now I have no watch and they refuse to correct this issue will a replacement nor refund. Never buying from them again...

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I am very disappointed with Fossil. I ordered a watch as a Christmas present for my boyfriend. I was super excited about the purchase because I knew he'd love it. When the package arrived in the mail, the Fossil watch tin was EMPTY! No watch was inside the box. I immediately called customer support and they said they'd send a replacement watch right away. Weeks went by and no replacement watch arrived. I finally called them again today and they said the reason the watch never arrived was because they were out of stock. Is that why the original watch tin was empty as well? When I had called the first time and they said they'd send a replacement.

They should have noticed the item was out of stock. Instead, no one called me to let me know. Fossil intended to just keep my money and never send me the item I purchased. Imagine I had never called to inquire where my order was... They would have kept my money. The second time I called they told me the only option was for me to accept a refund on my purchase (like I had a choice). I accepted the refund and will never be buying from Fossil again. Christmas is in 6 days and I have no gift for my boyfriend. I am so disappointed in Fossil.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Even if this is known international brand in India Fossil has worst after sales service for any kind of repairing like broken glass, new battery, chrono issues. They will send your watch to Bangalore service center and will take around 1-2 months to repair. I bought Fossil watch worth Rs 10000/- last year, I submit my watch to showroom for broken glass issue and it's been 45 days and still no status on repairing. You will not get any proper response from Fossil customer service. So think 100 times before buying expensive products from Fossil. Go for Casio or any other international brands. Worst service.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I purchased a watch for ten thousand rupees. Rose gold colour. Service No. **. Bought this and the colour started to fade completely in six months time. Asked them to rectify it in warranty but they said strapped don’t cover in warranty and asked 5900 rs almost half the watch price. Then I denied and I agreed to pay 3800. Felt bad as it was their mistake and they should have done it Free. Even after agreeing they are now not sending the watch and my watch is stuck with them for last five months. I don’t know how to get my watch back. I never recommend Fossil. Big cheats and poor quality products.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

My husband gifted me a Fossil smart watch fte7001 gold for our anniversary, in December 2017. I didn't wear it much as I have to charge it every day. I forget in August 2017. I drop the watch accidentally and the glass broke. I took it to the showroom as it had warranty. They told it will not cover warranty but might be chargeable to replace the glass. We said ok but after few days I got a mail. "We are not able to find glass so we will source for the whole watch body."

I agreed and finally they told, "We can find only another similar one." I told ok. That was ftw7000 black one and they told it by management goodwill. I didn't like it but I told ok because my husband bought the watch with 1 extra strap for $475 Singapore dollars, after the service we went to collect the watch. The screen was full of scratch and the strap which I used previous was a blue one. Didn't suit the black dial. Looked ugly so I asked the cc to show me a new strap. They told the model is out of range. It’s not even a year I bought the watch. I had a very very bad experience and will never ever suggest my friends or anyone to buy fossil smartwatch. Very bad customer service and experience. I had lost my money only.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

They always kept good time and worked efficiently. I always liked the special designs that are offered. I have given them as many gifts, too. Wonderful gift for twenty to thirty year olds.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I like Fossil watches as they seem to keep very good time. I like the different styles they put out, both with more up-to-date- styles, and plain watches. They seem to fit my lifestyle very well. The only time I had an issue with one of them was when I lost a crystal with one of them, but I liked the watch so much, I still wore it until the battery went dead. I wore a Fossil watch for over ten to fifteen years. I will still go back to a Fossil watch when I am in the market for one.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

The watch you can buy sporty, dress up for casual. You can get Deiss made with 54 mm bezel which takes a beating. I have a few that are even more than 100 ft water resistant. These watches are tough but also look good.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

The watch is beautiful and it keeps time very well. My problem is that the instruction manual doesn't tell you about the functions, just how to set it up. I go online to see how to make changes, etc. I like that I can change the watch face too. One thing I've noticed is that my steps seem to stop being counted randomly and that's annoying. But overall I love this watch Fossil Q rose gold. I get a lot of compliments on it too.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I was on a trip when my watch died. I bought my Fossil watch and have not worn anything else since then. It is a great, reliable and durable watch. Love it!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I have had Fossil watches for over 20 years. They not only look good but work well. The brand speaks for itself and their fashion follows the times as I do with watches as well.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

This watch has endured a motorcycle accident, shorted across a battery terminal and general everyday being beat up. I just recently had to send it back to Fossil because the band broke.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I bought a few (4) watches in the 80's!! I still have the tin cases they came in, although I've gotten a couple new bands for the 2 of them.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I bought a Fossil watch for the availability to use apps with it. This watch has been the best I have owned! I love how I can customize my watch face and it syncs with my Google Fit. I've owned a lot of smart watches and this one is by far the best!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I love this watch, it is stylish and I get compliments when I wear it! I have had it for 2 years and the battery life is great!!! I will buy more soon!!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

My fossil watch is about 6 years old. It knew failed but for the battery. I love the watch but it does seem to go through batteries. Their watches tend to have a lot of extras and I think that uses the batteries up quicker. It does run well. The batteries last me about 8 months.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I have never experienced any issues with my Fossil watches. Each have a unique style. My first Fossil watch, purchased in 2013, is still going strong. I have purchased 2 more since the initial purchase. The store associate I deal with, Sawgrass Mills Mall, is always polite, kind and helps me find the best deals. I also purchased other Fossil products i.e. shades, wallets, and key chains.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I remember fondly my Fossil, kept great time, I am hard on a watch. It remained good looking, sharp, eye-catching -- then I lost it.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I purchase 2 watches then I found them on Kohl for almost 1/3 of the price, same watch. I like them but for the price we pay should have a longer life and quality.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Accurate, durable, comfortable and easy to read. Great price and good selection. Makes a nice gift. Not too trendy, but not run of the mill. Fairly easy to find in stores but easier online.

Fossil Watches Company Information