3.81/5

Need a home alarm?

Need a home alarm?

32 Invisible Fence Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I've had the invisible fence for approximately 3 yrs. I enjoy knowing my pets are safe in their yard. Before committing I wish I had known that if something goes wrong, it takes weeks to get service. Therefore leaving my pets unsafe and a great inconvenience for all of us.

Original review: May 30, 2019

We do love our fence and feel that it works great and keeps our dogs on our property. My problem with them is once it's installed and they made the sale that is the END of their customer service. EVERYTHING costs money. And not a little bit, a LOT. They aren't too concerned about your satisfaction after you spent $2000 on the fence so do not expect anything beyond the install. I mean EVERYTHING costs. They really nickel and dime you. Just a warning.

Get expert buying tips about Electric Dog Fences delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We installed the Boundary Plus on 9/11/2018. Since then we've had to have 3 installation appointments (they couldn't get a walkway completed correctly) & three additional wire break problems for a back wooded area where the line can't be installed in ground and is being broken by a small animal (rabbit, squirrel etc). Each time a wire break has occurred, the system has been down for 3-5 days, we have been charged $150-$200 per visit and there has been a discussion about how this could happen/how a permanent solution can be found.

The installer, Candy, did see our property, did see that there is a back wooded area (and also advised on how we could include our walkway which was such a problem at installation), but never mentioned that an OUTSIDE product can't withstand things such as rabbits and bunnies. IF she had advised on either as being a problem, we would have re-evaluated our buying decision and/or changed where the wire was installed to ensure that all areas were installed with durability as the top priority. Education is key here but since we didn't have any indication of this, I have called Invisible Fence and asked to speak with the owner.

This is when their true unprofessionalism began to reveal itself. The owner was unavailable since she was traveling for work (curios) and I have yet to receive a phone call back from her to discuss the problem. However, I did speak with two very unprofessional ladies, Candy and Laura, who in both email and phone calls were completely taken aback that this is a problem and said it's uncommon. I find that shocking since we live in WA state where there are many outdoor critter such as rabbits, mice, rats, squirrels.

First Candy reminded us that we were given a free product upgrade (all caps in her email) as if we should somehow be grateful for their inability to deliver on their installation (which you pay around $700 for with this product), and how that should maybe overshadow any future problems with the product? We were also advised to get someone out to remedy our pest problem but I promise you that no company can effectively rid pest from a forested area. This should have been a conversation during product consultation.

The responsibility to educate consumers on your product lies with the company. I am happy to provide copies of emails and specific call dates into the company. I'm also still waiting to hear back from the company and will most likely be asking for a removal of the product and a full refund since we are within our 90 day evaluation period.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Had the fence put in and the line kept breaking on its own??? Technician would come out run right up to the "break" and repair it. $$80. Manager/owner came out on my last dealing with the company and brought 6 employees with him to find our break. Got a bill from them charging me for their hourly rate. 3 hours at $12 an hour times 6. What the hell is going on at this company. Don't they know that word of mouth can make or break your business???

Original review: June 6, 2018

Corey and Grant arrived punctually. Corey explained in simple, easy to understand, terms the nature of how to find and repair the underground break in the fence loop. He provided important information to understand just why fence owners often fail to properly fix their own fence when they try. Grant and Corey very quickly located, repaired and tested the fence loop. They were very personable and efficient representatives of Invisible Fence. We couldn't ask for better service -- they were great!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Invisible Fence?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I like that Invisible Fence protects my dogs from running into the street, which they would inevitably do no matter how well trained because sometimes they get over-excited and forget. They know now not to even approach the street because they know the Invisible Fence is there. However, I worry it will hurt my dog, and while it is good they are afraid of the street I feel bad that they're a little afraid of the perimeter because of the shock. Nevertheless, it's effective at keeping our dogs from leaving our yard without us because they know the fence is there if they try to leave and will get an uncomfortable shock. They were easily trained to avoid the shock and thus running away out of the yard. At this point we don't even worry about our dogs going out.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I love how the price isn't outrageous. You get everything that you need to install it. I was a little worried while shopping for a electric fence because I didn't know what it would take, how long it would take, how hard it would be, but it was easy for me and my husband to install. It took me and my husband no time at all to get it up and running. It works well with keeping my dogs in the yard! It works perfectly for us and our family, too.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I really liked the Invisible Fence. It has a wide variety of features that make it easy for me to keep my pup safe. Most importantly I would have to say was that it was very easy to install. The setup instruction were a little confusing to grasp at first. However, as soon as I figured it out it only took me a few hours to get it all set up. I was able to do it all on my own. No heavy lifting or stress involved. Was able to get it done within the matter of a day so I could let my dog out without worry. It is definitely effective. I have been using it for several months now without any trouble.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Invisible Fence is a high quality company and very easy to do business with. They will walk you through the entire process of how your fence will operate, be installed, and offer training and tips to familiarize your pet with his new boundaries. The service that I received was professional, the installation was done neatly and did not tear up my lawn, they did a fine job. Installing the fence was easy for me due to the fact that I called a professional to do the work that is subcontracted through Invisible Fence. Would recommend highly.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

The best feature I like is that there are no physical fences/barriers that can be seen and the system seems to work very well, and it's easy to use. Installing the fence didn't take as long as I thought, it was neat and clean looking and the sales rep showed me how it works and how to maintain it. The only feature I really don't like is the shock collar, if the dog get too close to the invisible fence then I can hear her.

Invisible Fence expert review by Jami Barnett, Ph.D.

Invisible Fence makes containment and training products for dogs and cats. It has worked with consumers to keep more than 3 million pets safely in their yards. The systems are available in seven countries through 289 dealers. The company was founded in 1973 and became a part of Radio Systems Corporation in 2006.

• Options: Invisible Fence offers in-ground fences, indoor and outdoor wireless barriers and collar-activated dog doors.

• Single collar: Invisible Fence’s products are all compatible with one another. You can set up multiple containment areas that all work with a single collar.

• Free consultation: Invisible Fence offers free consultations, so a professional can assess exactly which products you’ll need. You’ll be given pricing during your no-obligation consultation.

• Professional installation: Professionals install all Invisible Fence Systems, eliminating the need to worry about whether you set things up correctly yourself. The installation is included in the overall price.

• Professional training: After professionals install your Invisible Fence, certified trainers will get to know your pet and work with him. During the process, your pet will learn which areas are out-of-bounds.

• Best for: people who can’t put up a fence because of HOA restrictions, people who don’t like the look of standard fences and people with hard-to-contain dogs.

Profile picture of Jami Barnett, Ph.D.
      Jami Barnett, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jami Barnett, Ph.D., is an experienced researcher, and she believes consumers have a right to clear and honest information about products. In her role at ConsumerAffairs, she thoroughly researches products and companies by interviewing experts, reviewing research studies, reading governmental regulations and investigating customer service responses. Her work gives consumers the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions.

Invisible Fence Company Information