2. Movers
Accredited Partner

Pompano Beach, FL

Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.11/5

American Van Lines is the moving company to trust for your commercial or long distance move. As a family owned and operated moving company, we strive to convey our personal values through the respect and high service standards we give to our customers. Whether you are moving across the block or across the country, our cost-effective moving and storage options can make your entire relocation process as effortless as possible.

American Van Lines Video
American Van Lines Gallery (6)
American Van Lines Get a Quote

American Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Van Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Van Lines?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

BUYER BEWARE!!!! I wish zero stars was an option. First off, we booked a move with a 3 day window for them to pick up. They said the 3 day window was needed just in case there were any snags along the way, they could be addressed and still pick up our things on time. Well the day before the last day of their window they called and said they "overfilled our truck and can't fit us in anymore." We told them we had booked our flights and turned in our notice with our landlord and we had to be out. Our representative (at that time), Leslie, said "with moving there are no guarantees." With no apology of the massive inconvenience, she informed us that our new pickup window would be the following 3 days. However, they had no more trucks available and would have to outsource us to another company called Move for Less.

When the truck finally arrived the move for less team was kind and efficient. I wish this was the company we had booked with. Once they took our stuff to the warehouse it was back in American Van lines' hands. It has been over 2 weeks. The last day of our delivery window is November 6th. (3 days from now). We have been calling for days trying to find out an estimate or where our stuff is. We kept being sent to voicemail when the customer service agent said they were "checking."

We finally got a call back today after leaving 10 messages. They have now informed us that our stuff is still in the warehouse that it was moved to 2 weeks ago. They have no truck and no plan to move our things. They can't even give us a rough estimate. They are literally holding all of our possessions hostage with no delivery in sight. No refund offered, no solution offered. This is the biggest scam of a company. I don't know what they are doing with our things or if they even know where our things are. The only people who are helpful are the people hired to sign you up. Our agent was lovey, after that it's a massive nightmare.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

Everything with American Van Lines was very detailed in terms of the list and documenting everything. When the movers came, everything was thoroughly numbered and labeled. When my items were delivered, there was a cracked mirror and a broken door glass. Still, the crew was very courteous and attentive about where things were going to be placed and getting things wrapped to prevent breakage or damaged. They were very respectable.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

I booked my move with company only to get my move redirected to a third party with no option to opt-out or to cancel my move. This was not discussed with me during the conversation with the salesperson and I was only made aware of this practice two days before my move date. I would NOT recommend this company to move high quality furniture as they definitely do not vet their third party movers and does not give their clients an option to opt out of the deal. I paid $3500 for a move with a so called ‘white glove’ company who then hires some unknown local mover to handle the move. They sent One Guy to load my furniture which included leather couches that was dragged on the ground.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

We were told multiple times that all of our items would fit in the truck and then moving day came and everything would not fit and had to be left behind. We were charged for a full house pack even though I packed half the house myself. Items were broken and were not put back together correctly at our new home. Could not get anyone to return our phone calls or emails and when they did they were extremely rude. Would not recommend if you want to have a pleasant move.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I knew other people that used American Van Lines' service. Their salesperson was fine and very informative. We relocated to a different state. Our experience with them was good. It could have been a little bit better though. What happened was our customer service person after the sale, unfortunately, the week that we were moving went on vacation. So it was handed off to whoever was available. They did all right, but it would have gone a little bit smoother had she not been on vacation that week. But they're a very busy company and they got the job done. Nothing got broken. They picked us up as promised. They were a little late, but all in all, for a moving company, they did a really good job. The moving crew was also absolutely excellent.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Everything - the coordinator, the movers, the service - was a 5-star. They packed everything in a day and it took them about five days to get to my new property which was in the expected time frame.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Everything with American Van Lines went wonderfully. We had someone else do the packing and movement. But they took it out. We used the transfer units and the storage units things. That was what we worked out because we couldn't get it all in just one load up. So, we loaded and then moved it into storage and brought them all out the storage at the same time. We were able to have them come and do the complete unloading of those units.

American Van Lines was recommended by the storage unit people. Both the coordinator and the crew were top notch, and I would highly recommend them. The only thing that could’ve been improved was me having them do the filling up of the units. Our moving company have two outfits they work with. They are one of them. They price is a little bit higher than the competitor that they recommend. But relative to value for the dollar, they got it hands down.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I was moving to Florida. I researched American Van Lines on the internet as being a reputable across state line movers. However, I didn't like the idea of not knowing what day I would get my move or what day I would get my stuff. They tell you within 30 days. That's not very helpful. I kept calling and calling. I didn't like the whole concept of how they operate. Also, anybody at American Van Lines is hard to get ahold of. Because when you call, you sit on hold for 100 years. If you remember the extension of the person you're calling, then they never answer. But once you leave a message, they call back quickly. Their whole telephone experience is a lot to be desired.

Other than that, the moving crew was the best one I have ever imagined one could have. They work like dogs. They came and chop, chop, chop, and knocked it out as fast as humanly possible. I couldn't imagine better movers. And when I say better, I have a lot of complicated European furniture, and they figured it out in two minutes, how to unassemble and reassemble it.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

It seems like a lot of money but we went with American Van Lines because of timing. We were able to get the pick up when we needed to be at a fairly short notice. The rep kept us informed on what was going on. The movers were fantastic and more than helpful. Every time we would try to help, they would refuse and say that was what they were getting paid for. They were very good and nice young men. The one that packed the kitchen marked all of the boxes so that was handy. The rest of it were bedroom things, the sewing room and the garage. When you kinda open it, it doesn’t open the first thing you knew where it went. They forgot to mark most of the boxes.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I've used American Van Lines before. I used them again and my experience was awesome. The coordinator originally was out after I talked to her the first time. They put me with someone else, and it was all good. The movers were on time. They took very special care with all my furniture and delivered two days later. They were very professional, courteous and treated my stuff like it was theirs. I couldn't have been any happier. It was a little expensive, but they did a really good job. Patrick and Bob did a great job. They could be commended for that.

American Van Lines Company Information