John Casablancas Modeling
1.88/5
Based on 144 reviews that contain star ratings

Find a modeling and talent agency that's right for you

John Casablancas Modeling

150 John Casablancas Modeling Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

They are very aggressive about payments. Moreso than discovering your talent. I got hounded by their corporate about declined auto payments when I was paying cash in the office when it was time to make a payment. Had to email them pictures of my receipt to stop the harassment. I was skeptical of John Casablancas when I first started because of friends' experiences so I was very observative when I started. I noticed that they have a very select few they connect with promising and credible agencies, and the rest that they don't truly see as marketable, they keep them at bay and string them along to continue "hustling" them for their money preying on their aspirations.

They are greedy hustlers. Don't take the chance. Even if you pay for a class up front encash it has to be the exact cash or they won't give you change or a refund. That's utter greed. Please save yourself the headache. Do your research, these negative reviews are for a reason. True enough some people may have been helped at JC but for the majority... it's a cycle of money hungry hustlers.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

My time at JC has been life changing and fulfilling. I have learned so much and have grown so much since starting my classes at JC. The classes are very informative and helpful in guiding you in the right direction when entering the industry. Since graduating from JC I have had the honor of working with INCAKOLA which is also a sponsor for Julianna Pena, a woman's UFC Fighter. I had the joy of working beside her on my last job with INCAKOLA. So already, I've had great experiences working with JC/MTM and I'm eager to see what's to come next. I would recommend JC to anyone who needs guidance or their dream is to be a model/actor. They will teach you everything you need know and help you even after you enter the industry. So you're never alone. If you need help or have questions, they are there to help.

Get expert buying tips about Modeling and Talent Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

John Casablancas Modeling agency my daughter got a call from the agency in Doral and they scheduled an appointment. When we arrived the place was consumed with so many people that they had to put us in several rooms. My daughter is with child and had a cup of water. No one told anyone that food and drinks was not allowed in the room.

This woman came in and announced that she was the director. She had a nasty demeanor that suggested that she was disgusted because the room was located where the photos were being taken. She came in the room several times and seemed very agitated and finally she asked us to move to another room. When we moved my daughter's cup fell and she snatched the cup out of my daughter's hand. She started moving chairs as she went down on her knees to clean the water up. Then she told my daughter to move and my daughter told her that she was disrespectful and that she was wrong for snatching the cup out of her hands. She asked my daughter what was her name.

At that point my daughter realized that she was not going to treat my granddaughter right and she told her if you are going to take it out on my child then I will leave now and she told us to leave! She also told the photographer to get THESE people out of here! These people I asked her. I also tried to explain how wrong she was for snatching something out of another persons hands. This lady showed that she is prejudice and racist towards **. Her demeanor suggested that she had power to dismiss people and did not think about the opportunity of the child. I am appalled by her behavior and will never ever support this company. I just want others to know that slavery is over and treating people of color with disrespect is unacceptable!!!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

This company is nothing short of a SCAM!!! BE AWARE!! DO NOT LET THEM FOOL YOU LIKE THEY DID ME!!! Late May I kept getting phone calls for my son to go to a modeling cast call. I finally decided to call the company back. They made him an appointment. Upon arrival and several model and photo shoots later that evening, we were led to a big room with a few of the others who didn't make the cut. They all were individually interviewed. My son was told he had a perfect face of a model but since it was his first time modeling that he would be better off taking classes in how to model and to act. An appointment was made for us to come back the next day. The next day we met up with the supervisor who went over the training courses that involved paying money.

I asked would my son be getting gigs throughout these training classes and I was told he would absolutely get extra outside work while in training. Then I was told there were a total of 30 classes over the next 17 weeks, for over $1800. The classes are $72 each session and I was offered several ways the payment plans to pay. I chose to put down $640 and would have 2 other installments in which to pay off the balance. My son was to start the training classes the following week. After coming home and reading over the contract, I saw that I had only 3 days to change my mind for a full refund or that I would be able to refund after the 3 days and 20% would be retained and each class would also be deducted from my 80% refund amount.

About 5 days later son did not do his some of his chores and since my son has not attended any of the classes I decided to cancel. I was given the runaround and to the date still have not been given any of my $640 back. After contacting the BBB and Secretary of State this company has yet to answer any of my calls. Which leaves me no other alternative but to take them to small claims court to get back my money. Do NOT let these people SCAM you and take your money.

Original review: July 26, 2018

This is one of the best things that has happened to my daughter! They don't lie about anything. They are very upfront since the beginning. What I really loved about them is that they would only have sessions on Saturdays, but due to personal reasons my daughter would definitively not be able to attend. The entire staff here took the time to discuss it, and then came back with the news that made one of my daughter's dream come true! Because of her, it was the 1st time ever that they would open up a day during the week! They even let her pick the day, so she picked Wednesday! Therefore people now can also come on Wednesdays!

My baby is only 4 sessions away now from being able to work professionally! I will always appreciate what they did, and what they still are doing for us! I know what to expect. One thing I can say to the people that are disappointed because there are fees, that if you don't make a sacrifice for your kids for their future, to help make their dreams come true, they may never think they are worth it. They may never learn to make a sacrifice for themselves, therefore, their dreams may really never come true.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about John Casablancas?

Original review: June 15, 2018

What a disappointment. Over the phone, the receptionist stated that there were no fees, that no modeling agency should charge anything except for commission when you start work. Absolute lies! After your kid gets their hopes up because they "made the cut" after walking the runway and reading a script, they call you in for the next interview the next day, one on one. That's when the heartbreaking begins. To watch my son's face light up only to slowly be let down was a parent's absolute torture.

The presentation was completely unprofessional, looked like copies off a 50 year old copier. The "agent" was way too young to be doing her job as she could not sufficiently answer my questions about How they could justify their $375 registration fee. I asked too many questions apparently as she had to call in a slightly more experienced agent who could still not justify the hefty registration fee. Then you have $2k worth of classes that are btw totally required. Run, just run away from this place and spare your child the heartache when you have to turn them down because of their unfair policies and fees.

Original review: June 1, 2018

When doing a search for modeling jobs, this agency called right away and wanted to make an appointment for an audition (for my daughter). The initial call with Matt was a bit concerning because he spoke really fast, which in my opinion, was a way to avert giving details. I asked questions because I am leery of agencies in the first place - I asked what the costs were and he replied, "The audition is free, the photographer will take some photos and that is free". So I asked, "Does it cost to join the agency in order to get modeling jobs?" His response was, "Our agency gets a commission."

So I made the appointment. We cancelled the next day because my daughter changed her mind and wasn't ready for it. The woman that I spoke to was abrupt and said, "What do you mean she is not ready?" She continued to argue and ask questions and said, "She may never get another chance at this". That was a huge red flag for me and will never pursue this agency if my daughter wants to start modeling. We have also had another comparison with Ford Modeling Agency, who has been VERY professional and understanding.

Original review: June 1, 2018

My little sister got a call to come in for an audition! She did a photoshoot in one room and read some lines in another. Then she came into the room where the parents are and so did the other kids. The director who is also the receptionist one of them anyways came in talked about JC & showed us photos of successful talents they signed and showed us videos as well. The kids had to walk the runway and rate themselves an A B or C & how much they wanted to be there. With an 8 being low and she wouldn't accept them! They all did the runway and talked about what they rated themselves and how badly they wanted to be there! She also asked the parents and family members how long the children been wanting to do this since what age & if the family is supportive.

Then at the end of everything which took about an hour and a half she said, "When I call your name you will get your things and your person you came with," and go with the lady next to her! There were about 20 people in there and only about 6 people stayed! My sister being one of them. Then they closed the doors and said, "Congratulations. You made it past day one! I will call out times so you can pick which time you want so you can come back tomorrow!" We got the earliest time and came back the next day!

Now the next day we saw the headshots that were taken and paid $10 for which BTW they told us we would have to bring $10 for if we wanted them! Then we went into the room and talked about next steps! Now we went back to the rating of A B or C & about the training she would be doing! Now my sis will be going to a performing arts school in NY so she couldn't do the longer program which was 8 months. So I don't know the pricing of that but I do know that it was going to be two hours each training and I believe every two Saturdays. But since she is going to school for acting in NY she couldn't do that! So we are doing the three months program which she said are usually for people who is in the business or was and needs a refresher! So with this one it’s the same as the original one but crammed into three months! So learns the first few curriculums in one day for 4 hours!

Then the next two of them in July and August and graduates! The good thing is that she gets to do ads and promos after the first month! Then once she graduates she gets to do auditions for acting for TV shows and movies! Price included, photoshoots, training explaining how to do your makeup, the shade you will need, walking in heels, different terms for modeling and acting, reading from the teleprompter, and way way more! 3 months 3 classes on Sundays and 4 hours each class! And she also gets to attend the workshops to brush up on these skills since it’s once a month she is going for she will utilize the workshops! And those are included in the fee! The price was less than $1000! Was about $930!

But the good thing is I CALLED up the agency asking questions so I knew going in what it was about! They will not give you auditions for you to fail because you don't know what certain terms mean! You have to learn these things first! And they teach you that & she is signed for the year! If she did the 8 months one it would have been for 3 years! But she did the three months one so it’s only for a year and then she can either renew her contract or not! But she starts promos and ads after the first month and after she graduates she can do acting which is what she really wants to do!

They give you a secret site that only people who got accepted into it knows about and you get auditions sent to your phone and you need a login and password to look at it! You also do an online portfolio to help them decide which person to send on certain auditions that casting directors are looking for. My sister is very excited! She starts in 2 weeks! The good thing is if she does get auditions for acting and gets jobs for TV shows and movies she don't need to go to a school in NY for acting because she already got training here & she saved $40,000 because that school is very expensive! She will be spending less than $1000 here for 3 extensive months and they send her out on auditions and it’s up to her to book the gigs! So she won't need to go to college for acting when she already did school for way cheaper! And she is getting jobs! So that is amazing too!

They also do not promise you anything! They said they don’t promise you will get a job they don't promise you that they will hook you up with an agent or manager because that’s on you! They will get you auditions but it’s up to you to use the training and workshops you went to book your own gigs! They get your foot into the door it’s up to you to get your body through it! Commission is 10-20%. They don't get commission if you make anything less than $100 & yes!

So yes it is a training facility but they do get you to auditions as well! So we are all excited to see which auditions my sister gets after the first month and even after she graduates! The agency is a training facility first and an agency last because they want to make sure you will actually make them money for that year or 3 years you are in contract with them! And if you book an audition on your own they don't get commission for that because they didn't book the audition for you! And they are not exclusive so she can look for auditions and other agencies and agents and managers if she wants too as well which is perfect!

JC isn't bad! You need to ask questions when they call your child in for an audition ask to see what it is like. I did when they called my sister and you won't be shocked and surprised when they tell you she needs training! Of course your child needs training. They never done this before and they need to make sure you will make them money! And we saved $40,000 on a college she was going to for two years for ACTING CLASSES and spent less than $1000 going to training classes for three months and she will be getting auditions while in training! Yeah def a no brainer.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Acting: I had an appointment to meet with them about April 16, 2018. I canceled as my research showed that they were only interested in signing you up for expensive classes. I got a second call from them stating that is not the case and they recognize those who don't need training and asked me back for a second audition. I was tentative though felt I had nothing to lose. Showed up last night, did much better than anyone there, selected out of 25 individuals to read a script again and walk the runway. Some, I have to admit really sucked. They sent home 2 leaving myself and 4 others. We walked the runway again and read another commercial script. I KNOW I did the best as others were monotone, stuttered their words, basically talentless... P.S. ran the runway back and forth. The kept me till everyone was gone telling me how well I did and they wanted me back at 12:30 the following day which is today.

I showed up on time and soon taken into a room for a private interview of my pics and experience. Suddenly as they saw in recent comments that I refused to take lessons if I should need to pay for them their entire attitude immediately changed... saying that they have individuals with seniority that would be ahead of me for these roles and I should come back in 8 months. I have to say I was pissed as I had to drive a total of 80 miles to make what I thought was going to be a successful endeavor. They told me to come back in 8 months which I had no interest in doing so. I asked to purchase the photos the photog took the previous night. They told me to bring 10 bucks to purchase them though they said they lost the photographs.

THE ENTIRE EXPERIENCE WAS A SCAM... I know I was the most talented there which is why they shunned me knowing I would not pay for lessons as that is where they make their money. As I continued to query them as to why they were insistent on having me come back today they got nasty and said they would call the cops should I not leave as there were other prospective clients there. STAY AWAY FROM THEM... even the famous individuals they claim started their career with John Casablancas is UNTRUE!!!

Original review: May 20, 2018

I was harassed on the phone (text) numerous times, mostly text. I was suspicious of their hours, had a suspicion they were not the real deal when they told me I would do a cold read. Nobody in the industry has cold reads anymore. The office was loud with music, blaring lights, and a lot of over made up and overly perfumed Valley Girl types. It was maybe appropriate if you were going to sign with the Circus. I have written a book about this scam, I have 25 years in the business and I plan to launch an all out attack on this fraudulent activity, starting in Orlando.

Original review: May 12, 2018

It was my first time trying anything for modeling. I’ve thought about it time and time again. I finally decided to try. They are cool peoples and nice and honest which I respect them for. Unfortunately I was cut when asked on a scale of 1-10 how serious I am. I said 5. Yes I wanna do this and if I passed I was gonna go for the top but at the same time it’s not a necessity to my already ongoing life and career. The one woman complained about wasting time but as she put it no one there was really "that good" so why not waste more time to see if there was a diamond in the making? That’s the only problem I had. Bring out one’s interest in modeling before asking them how much they wanna do it. And ask the right questions... smh. You can want very much to do something but that doesn’t mean you have the capability of doing so. They should have asked, "Can you see yourself doing this." But that’s just me.

I researched JC (John Casablancas) and saw a lot of scam claims. No, the woman said an "A" means you got the talent and you can start pretty much. A "B" and "C" is that you need a little assistance which is why you’re sent to a program/school to help you with your acting and modeling. Which unfortunately costs money that they don’t pay for. They aren’t mean. Just honest and people forget the truth hurts. I Feel they are legit. Most of the scam claims are misunderstandings of what it takes for them to do what they came to do, model and acting.

Original review: April 27, 2018

A place where you learn about how to become an actresses and/or model. They taught me things that changed my life forever. The teachers are caring and want to see you succeed. It is definitely a self esteem lifter. I looked forward to taking the classes and I met a lot of good friends.

Original review: April 20, 2018

First you're called to audition, you go there, this placed is so **. They take your picture, then you read a line (for Gap), then you walk on the runway (** deck) then they tell you (you made the cut, come back tomorrow for a second audition and bring 5 pic). We get there, the receptionist is already trying to help someone on the phone that is ** that they never got their photos from them. Then we go into this office, she sits us down and says (I will be right back). Leaves for like 5 min. Then comes back asking my son (How do you feel you did?) Then say we love you, we graded you a B+. Then looked at the 5 photos we did (she did nothing with them). Then sat there and she did nothing but lift him to the top by saying (Oh, how do that make you feel, How does that sound, if we work with you?) Then the fine print comes out after her whole car salesman pitch.

Then we get the ok, here is our packages for the classes $ 2150.00 (The VIP). You must pay right now, because he has to start classes next week. The way they portray things is very deceiving, and slimy. You think you are going to audition for something, then you think you're coming back to audition for some part, BUT NO, it's to take their classes. This whole operation is a SCAM to get you to enroll into their school.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Like everyone else, my daughter which is 11 and I went to the audition and was told to come back the next day for the second part of the audition or interview or sales pitch whatever you want to call it, I just knew they was going to ask for money and there my 11 year old daughter looking at me with hope and excitement in her eyes and I was going to give it a shot even though it cost a arm and a leg. After reading these reviews I now know this isn't the place I want to to do business with.

Original review: April 18, 2018

This company is only interested in selling classes. I have over a decade of experience in film, television and stage acting but they did not even bother with a call back. They bring in kids and clueless people and use tired cliche salesman tactics to lure you into buying classes. They promise you the world up until the point where they realize they have failed to sell their snake oil. Stay far far away from these people. Another review was spot on about the Jennifer Lopez music that was playing way too loud. Skylar is rude and condescending. She doesn't realize that if she was any good at her job she would be out in Hollywood and not stuck in Orlando selling BS. She has all the charm of a 70's used car salesman.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I heard a lot of bad reviews about John Casablanca. However I decided not to take those reviews into consideration and research things for myself. My daughter is 13 years old. She has been into the acting and drama and then since she was 3 years old John Casablanca has given for the opportunity to blossom into so much more than what we were able to. The school with every great thing there comes across no cost is too great when you have a passion. The staff was outstanding. They're able to accommodate you and work around you or your own personalized schedule that you have. They are definitely not scam. I've seen many opportunities be given and I seen great outcome from several different people.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Went there tonight with my son who had gone to his first "audition" last night and was asked to come back because he "made the cut". He had an 8pm appt and was told to arrived 10 minutes early. We arrived 15 minutes early and sat in a dirty ghetto waiting room for over 30 minutes past appt time. Then we got called into the office to discuss my sons future. The woman asked if he would be interested in some training, and I ask How much $$, she then says that will be discussed later.

Then goes on to ask more stupid questions getting back to his interest in training. I again ask how much. Then all of a sudden her manner changed and she says, "It clear you're not ready to commit to this." And I say, "Why are you avoiding answering my question about the price?" It went for bad to worse. Bottom line is, my son shouldn't have to pay people to have this career, they should be paying him! I am not some entitled princess mom or whatever I've read in some of these comments. But I know ** when I see it!! Don't go to this SO CALLED agency.

Original review: April 4, 2018

They say you don’t have to pay but when you go back for an interview it costs 3k for the classes they make you take. If they were upfront day 1 about the costs and didn’t lie then I probably would have signed but I don’t like when people try to pull the shade over my eyes. Not cool. And when I texted him telling him I didn’t want to sign they were not nice. Very unprofessional.

Original review: March 25, 2018

My daughter is 11. Since she started at JC she has come out of her shell. She is so much more confident. She has appeared on TV numerous times. If you put in the work at JC you will get the results you are looking for. It is a school not an agency. They give you the tools to be successful. Like any school, you have to work for it!!!

Original review: March 8, 2018

We drove 2 hours, then one camera shot, and rush through a Coca-Cola line, then mushed in a room while waiting and watching loud J-Lo music videos, then she talked and talked and talked about how this one and that one was found while parents sat on rock hard chairs and the audition people stood in lines squished together while she talked for 2 hours. Then she had each person walk a narrow runway and have parents clap for each one. Then she asked each person rate how much they are interested, experience, and how long they've been interested as all are listening and waiting. Then she calls names to be dismissed.

All they are interested in is signing people up to give money for classes. I was so upset that I wasted all my time and money on gas and tolls. Horrible experience! The main thing is my son was disappointed with all this. Customer service was horrible and how they treated him was so rotten. They lied on the phone and then he had no positive feedback. Please know that this is such a scam.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

What more can I say about John Casablancas Modeling that hasn't been said and already proven to you that this company is a certified triple OG HUSTLER! They almost had me until I started reading these reviews and then putting 2 and 2 together from my recent experience over these last two days. Not to mention at the time I was super broke so even stupidity wasn't gone be enough to get them any closer to me paying a dime.

I received a random phone call saying I was referred and they wanted to invite me to audition. Blah blah first of all Trish told me to come photoshoot ready all I gotta say is that this real sensitive guy took our pictures in a room setup up like a photoshoot and took our pics with his cell phone (lol) like really and it wasn't even an iPhone. Yo, it was so tacky, but I ignored it because I'm so caught up in the moment and my daughter was with me. Pretty much everyone has explained in accurate detail as far as the whole process goes. This particular scam hub went next level though. They had a guy give a sub-par powerful performance in giving us the history and jargon crap about the company. He then the sensitive guy gave us 5 things to remember which he talked so much he forgot to mention the third and as I just review the past two days in my head I feel so lame for really believing anything coming out of anybody's mouth.

So here's something funny. They actually had a guy on site who was dressed like a really serious photographer and we were told that he was a photographer and yet he wasn't the guy taking our photos lol. The place is a complete joke need I say more. So when I luckily didn't get the call meaning if you did receive a call between the hours of 8am-9am it means you didn't make the cut. When in actuality those who got the call were the lucky ones because they weren't the fools like us superstars who didn't receive a call to come back for day 2. What they do is prey on the people who are serious, who have passion, and who truly desire to make in the industry. Those are the real suckers who they want to bleed dry.

In conclusion, the entire presentation is an act and real live SCAM! I will say this particular scam branch was really really good. They had me for a minute but like the bible says the truth will always come to the light if you truly desire to see it. I just thank the Lord for revealing it to me in this way and to every individual who took time out and who may have been burnt by J.C. Modeling just so that I could see and they be exposed. Thank you so much and I pray this helps the next person.

P.S. The reviews that have 5 stars and are pretty much are saying the same lame dead reviews are trolls and are not real. Pay attention to the wording and the tone of the review and also take notice how no one ever state what job they've actually done and/or how much they were making. They never talk about where they traveled; well there is one exception one jarhead stated she got signed and was able to tour LA like it was Europe or something. Anybody not from LA with a plane ticket can go to LA.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Scam artists. They will invite you. Tell your innocent child they want them for audition. John Casablanca will get your child's hope's up, even when they do not need to and the child is truly beautiful and talented. Then they will invite you back. You will ask them about if there is money involved to be paid day one. They will tell you no. They ARE ABSOLUTELY LYING. They convince you there is no money involved. They will invite you back for a second audition. They will not give your child a second audition, but rather give you an unending office sales pitch without ever talking money. You will finally be so sick of the sales pitch that you will finally ask them when they will get to your child's audition. They will tell after we are done in the office. You will finally have had so much of the sales pitch, that you will ask, "Can you tell me if where you are going with this", "Are you going to charge us for these services", and they yes, but only the first 6 months.

My child began crying when I said, I knew it. So can we talk about it later, after 2nd audition? My child did memorize, and did in fact do her part, and is patiently waiting for this 2nd audition, which is why we are here. They tell me well, 'We will get to that eventually". What they mean is no, and said no, until we sign her up for over 2,000 in "training". Take it from me, it is all about them hooking you in, and yes, they will waste your time and give you one sales pitch after another without ever admitting they in fact do want you to pay but deny it at first.

At the end of the day, they are deceitful, dishonest, and will break your child's heart. There is no 2nd audition, unless you are willing to cough up over 2K in their office first. They are fraudulent in their practices. Don't believe a word they say. It is a waste of time and money. They lack all integrity, and worst of all, do not care if they bring a child's hopes up to the sky, only to let them down if the parent doesn't pay them money when and if they finally tell you. You have to pry it out of them. Good luck. These people are insensitive, cruel, and lack all integrity. They just want your money.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

When I signed on to MTM training in the spring of 16, little did I know the extent of the life changing experience I was about to discover. This is truly the greatest thing I've ever done for myself! I found things buried inside of me I never knew existed. I've always had a positive and outgoing personality but little did I know that my persona existed at just the surface level. The training but mostly the instructors, through patience and tough training skills, allowed me to plumb the depths of my personality, talents and confidence I never knew existed. This has resulted in more joy and satisfaction in the interactions with others and a brighter outlook in all of the events and activities around me.

What I find amazing is how people around me and even in casual contact can see something in me that no one has ever seen before. I know this because I can see how people respond to me. It's a wonderful feeling. Feeling the change that has been evolving in me for the past two years. And I credit the MTM experience for all of this plus I give thanks to the Lord for placing me in just the right place and moment to discover the opportunity of self discovery and to find talents here-to-fore unknown to me. The best experience of my life has been afforded me by this truly life changing experience. Thanks again to all of you at MTM Denver, staff and students alike - something I will carry with me, happily, for the rest of my life. Once again, this journey of self discovery has been one the greatest things I've ever done.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

John Casablancas branch Illinois - When you get the call from them it is like: You are the diamond among the stones. What they want it is to sell you their training course for something between 3,5 and 5K$. And you need to say yes or no at that point. Not tomorrow, because the training is starting today... And they leave the room so you can talk to your kid alone about it. Sure thing, a teen will be disappointed if you don't pay for the training. This company it is a TRAINING company, this is not an agency. The worst about the company it is that they make your kid feel sad.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

John Casablancas in Cary, North Carolina is the worst place to go for your modelling. They will just get two thousand dollars out of your pocket and you will get out of there with no experience and no talent. They will make you do work for them and will never pay you. Piece of advice; if you can help it don't step your foot in there. Take it from me straight up.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

We went in for a, so called, audition, and after a long wait listening to extremely loud music, the spokeswoman bragged about how great they are, and pointed out historical accomplishments. They then play a video advertising their training program and how it is a MUST. Then they illuminate some people, and make you feel like you have it takes. Because you made it, and set up an appointment for the next day, where they will interview you and your child and if you do well, they will sign a non-exclusive contract with you. BIG LIE! It's not an interview. Is a car sale day.

They break down the cost for you and pressure to get it the same day or the offer is off. The real winners were the people that were eliminated the 1st night. Don't make the mistake of ignoring the reviews, like I did. Do Not put your child or teen through that disappointment. Lucky for me I had already warn my girl, and we are now hiring a REAL actor trainer locally. Just keep an eye on where auditions are taking place and take your kid, once they you both feel you're ready. Being from Casablancas does not get you in - They are usually the JOKE of the industry.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

My daughter has been interested in modeling/acting for a long time. She came across John Casablancas, did the online application and received a call right away. I went with her to her interview with Rodger and I was pleasantly surprised of how professional and helpful he was. The office is always so cheerful and pleasant, I recommend John Casablancas to anyone looking to get into modeling and acting!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

First it was all good. This woman was very friendly, laughing and calling my husband cuz. She acted like she was really trying to help us help our two children get into the business. She went out the room twice acting like she was getting us a better price for their services. Then she came year old son, back the last time with a buy one get one free offer. She said it several times in front of my husband, year old daughter, and my year old granddaughter.

I even asked her if it was buy one get one free why was my son contract stating a price and she said it would be in the computer it was free. I even asked her about the two registration fees we paid that day and she said we just had to pay for his registration fee. I even told her at the first training that this wasn't what our agreement was and texted her. She's denying saying any of it but, my entire family heard her several times. When parents are trying to give their children a head start ya'll shouldn't have people robbing families.

My children love the company but, this is just wrong and we're trying to solve the issue but, if we have to take further action we will. She's just wrong. I refuse to be taken advantage of. My husband just paid and extra & 251.00 and is expected to pay this for two more months. We either want someone to fix this problem or return our money. Thank you. Her name is Diadira and what looks like **.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

John Casablancas has been a great experience since I started. As soon as you walk in you could see the people being very professional and helpful. They have opened a beautiful new door of acting and modeling to many talented students. They have gave me an opportunity to become part of their team. I really enjoy how every class leaves a great lesson that will stick with me for a great amount of time. I have become more positive with my career since I started coming here. They will make your dream come true.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Hi, my name is Larissa **, and I have been with John Casablancas for about a year now. I was super skeptical of the program going in, because I did do research before signing up, and many of the "real reviews" said that JC is a scam. However, I am here to tell you that becoming a professional model is hard work. JC is the bridge to full blown professional work, John Casablancas, at least from my experience has given me local work. So yes, I have gotten a couple paid jobs, and I am currently working with Tina (the director) to further my career. Most people walk in expecting jobs, however, you do need training (initial payment) but beyond that, it's up to the model to get far.

Going to model meetings, and staying up to date with what the company is doing, along with growing a relationship with the staff is an important key to being seen and getting jobs. So, if you're looking for an easy ride, don't join JC. If you want them to get you in front of higher level modeling agencies you have to first prove to them that you can handle it, and the only way to do that is to make yourself seen. A good way to start is through social media. So, in conclusion I have gotten a couple of paying jobs from JC, and I am currently working to get further in the industry, and it's not easy. John Casablancas will not make you famous, but they can be the gateway agency to help you.

John Casablancas expert review by ConsumerAffairs

John Casablancas founded his self-named modeling agency more than 25 years ago. The company currently has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Milan, Tokyo and is present in other various cities. The company focuses solely on representing models and actors, and it provides training and instruction.

• Fashion based: John Casablancas has access to the best jobs in the industry because of its locations in the world's fashion capitals. This ensures clients have the chance to get the highest-paying jobs with the most exposure.

• Board of Education certified: In many states, the agency is registered and certified with the State Board of Education, so it is officially recognized as a provider of education and instruction.

• In-depth instruction options: The company does not simply offer clients basic modeling classes, it has many in-depth courses, including skin and hair care, portfolio development, how to work with photographers, television commercial acting and the business side of modeling.

• Company reputation: John Casablancas Modeling centers have an excellent reputation because they were founded by John Casablancas, a modeling pioneer responsible for one of the most successful agencies of all time, which is Elite Model Management International.

• High-quality instructors: The company only employs the highest-quality instructors who have a great deal of field experience in their areas of expertise.

• Best for: Aspiring actors and fashion models.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs