John Casablancas Modeling

Find a modeling and talent agency that's right for you

John Casablancas Modeling

Find a modeling and talent agency that's right for you

168 John Casablancas Modeling Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 5, 2019

I'm new to the industry but John Casablancas model/talent agency and their staff really prepared me for this industry. This was a easy but firm coarse of classes which prepared me in acting, modeling, runway, commercials and more! I'm very excited for what Janet and her team has done for me and I look forward to what’s to come next! Thank you all for all of the opportunities I've been given through your agency. "Christopher"

Original review: May 6, 2019

John Casablancas is the best thing that has happened to my daughter. We went to every class and got involved just like we would in regular school. We helped her take notes, reminded her to get her JC homework done, etc. The classes were very well set up. This is the real deal. I thought, “Okay, my daughter is definitely going to need my help.” I thought this was way over my head because now have to be my daughter’s manager. But, I didn’t have to do it alone. The JC instructors were there to answer to all our questions. We took all of the knowledge they provided and put in the hard work. Now my daughter has graduated JC and is getting nationally placed as well as auditioning for roles and walking the runway in youth fashion shows. Thank you so much to JC and Josh Grooms.

Get expert buying tips about Modeling and Talent Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I have been with John Casablancas school for Model and Talent Management for almost a year now. Yes it cost me a lot of money, yes the purpose is for training. However, those who come to the building and actually listen to the person giving the speech at the audition know all of this. Any agency is going to charge you a fee for classes. The training is legit, the classes teach a lot, and the teachers are also talent. They have gone through the exact same process. I myself have just been selected to go to LA. This is not a scam. This is all real, and if you take the risk and go through the process, then you would know that. The only people I see on here who are making negative remarks and reviews about JC are people who don't even try, or don't do what they are supposed to in order to succeed. I've seen my classmates move on and make more money than they put in to start.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

This is an amazing school! Once you’re enrolled you can sign up for classes in any entertainment industry they offer. The classes are self-paced. They are familiar with the industry and you may land gigs anytime, so you can move your class schedule around as much as needed. You can even continue classes with them to brush up on skills for up to 3 years after you’ve enrolled. They bring in other professionals from the respective industry. Not only do you get to meet people you wouldn’t normally get the chance to. They are the best teachers. I enjoy every class I take with them, and they have already helped me land several projects I am happy to be a part of! It is so worth it if you are interested at all in the modeling and entertainment industry.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

My time at JC has been life changing and fulfilling. I have learned so much and have grown so much since starting my classes at JC. The classes are very informative and helpful in guiding you in the right direction when entering the industry. Since graduating from JC I have had the honor of working with INCAKOLA which is also a sponsor for Julianna Pena, a woman's UFC Fighter. I had the joy of working beside her on my last job with INCAKOLA. So already, I've had great experiences working with JC/MTM and I'm eager to see what's to come next. I would recommend JC to anyone who needs guidance or their dream is to be a model/actor. They will teach you everything you need know and help you even after you enter the industry. So you're never alone. If you need help or have questions, they are there to help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about John Casablancas?

Original review: July 13, 2019

I wish I would have listened to my gut after reading the reviews of JC Talent Agency and cancelled my son's call back audition. Although he had a lot of fun during the audition process and was offered a contract, the director became defensive and argumentative with me in front of my child when I asked about the program and the fees ($2700). He refused to connect me with current families as a reference and refused to allow me anytime to make my decision. Since I wasn't ready to pay that day we were told JC is not the right fit for our family. Well he was correct about that. I wouldn't want to potentially pay to have adults exhibit this type of behavior in front of my children. This experience was very upsetting. I hope parents can learn from our experience.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I am now 42 yrs old and when I was 16 back the mid ninety's I lived in Memphis,TN and was going to school when this modeling agency come in and started their spiel to get kids to sign up and then they would call you if you made the cut. Me being new to the school and city and no friends I filled the card out and the next day my mom got a call and because I was an overweight teen, had lost my father, very low self esteem and etc, she thought it would be a good idea and told them she would bring me in and being that age I was not stupid.

We went to this meeting and they told my mom all kinds of stuff and blah blah blah and I felt so uneasy. And she signed me up because she was feeling guilty as a mom and laid out a check for 2000 grand for modeling classes and I went to these no training classes twice a week and was never taught anything. The sad thing is a lot of other parents who have problems like this fall for these people. I ended up walking away from this company and moved back home with family. The sad part is my mom put out this money she could have spent on better things for me like the therapy I needed. They are a real scam. Stay far far away. I do still have the travel bag they gave me all these years later, so sad.

Original review: May 8, 2019

If you actually want to get started in acting or modeling, I advise you find an agency that values you and your talent, not simply your money. Once you graduate the program after paying a small fee of $2000, your "agent" will send you, grouped with about 500 other individuals, auditions. Some will apply to you, most won't. There is nothing personal about this company, they do not care whether you are talented or not, they see you as a cash cow & prey on your ambition and naivety.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I went to John Casablanca with a great desire to Model and Act. They told me I needed pictures done in their agency. They asked me to pay $600.00 for pictures which consisted of a head shot and full body shot. I had high hopes and big dreams just like anybody interested in getting in the business. They took my money, gave me my pictures, promised to call me and sent me on my way. Never Heard From Them again..! I got scammed and figured out the hard and expensive way that they make their money scamming people promising them LIES..!! I hope my story helps people avoid being scammed like me. IF AN HONEST AGENCY THINKS YOU OR YOU CHILD ARE MARKETABLE THEY WOULD SEND YOU ON JOBS AND WHEN YOU GET PAID, THEY GET THEIR CUT..

Original review: April 30, 2019

Like many here, I was young at the time. About 18-19 years old at the time. I was very much interested in pursuing acting as a career. My research led me to John Casablancas Modeling, like every one else I went in with my mother, who was and still is very supportive of everything I do to this day. We sat down. Got the information we needed to hear and it all sounded so good. So we she forked up the 2,000 that they asked from us. Long story short, nothing came of it. I got some headshots that I could have gotten from any photographer. And now here I writing this in hopes to help other from not wasting their time or money on this scam.

John Casablancas expert review by ConsumerAffairs

John Casablancas founded his self-named modeling agency more than 25 years ago. The company currently has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Milan, Tokyo and is present in other various cities. The company focuses solely on representing models and actors, and it provides training and instruction.

• Fashion based: John Casablancas has access to the best jobs in the industry because of its locations in the world's fashion capitals. This ensures clients have the chance to get the highest-paying jobs with the most exposure.

• Board of Education certified: In many states, the agency is registered and certified with the State Board of Education, so it is officially recognized as a provider of education and instruction.

• In-depth instruction options: The company does not simply offer clients basic modeling classes, it has many in-depth courses, including skin and hair care, portfolio development, how to work with photographers, television commercial acting and the business side of modeling.

• Company reputation: John Casablancas Modeling centers have an excellent reputation because they were founded by John Casablancas, a modeling pioneer responsible for one of the most successful agencies of all time, which is Elite Model Management International.

• High-quality instructors: The company only employs the highest-quality instructors who have a great deal of field experience in their areas of expertise.

• Best for: Aspiring actors and fashion models.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs