John Casablancas Modeling

John Casablancas Modeling

1.9/5 (191 ratings)

About John Casablancas Modeling

John Casablancas Modeling Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about John Casablancas Modeling?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about John Casablancas?

Original review: June 4, 2022

Extremely bad vibes from this one. Don't do it, they will want you to sign bad contracts and spend $2,000 right off the bat. If you are interested in school for creative arts, go to school for creative arts, not some weird agency **.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I auditioned many years ago and was accepted into the school to further develop acting skills, although I auditioned to be a model. I’m 5’11 and was about 140 back then. I remember how critical Annie was about my natural hair. As a ** woman, this was very insulting. The market is open to all types of looks and I know for a fact that the natural hair scene is a money maker. So I took one class and then was told about the insane amount of money I needed to pay. So I decided this wasn’t for me.

Fast forward to this year. My 12 year old is most definitely model material. She stands at 5’9 and wears a size 3. On the virtual audition, they raved about how gorgeous she was. They asked her to give a few poses and I guess they weren’t “good enough” to them. When they asked me to give my opinion of whether my daughter is ready to be sent straight to the agency, they completely insulted me in front of my daughter, tore her down as well. Criticism doesn’t have to be nasty! I don’t know why some people think that you have to be mean to people who are already a bit nervous, who are trying to get into the industry.

Get buying tips about Modeling and Talent Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2022

Please make sure if you are Aspiring to be in Entertainment, Research, Research Research. No Talent Agency charges you nothing unless you are paid for your projects PERIOD. They took advantage of my Excitement of the moment and totally Bummed Rushed me into paying registration fee and 71.00 for a 2 hour online course.

There have been more complaints other than my own. They steal your money and offer poor quality of services by saying they will represent you after 30 weeks of Saturdays at 71.00 before you can get into class. If you don't pay, you are stuck to reschedule but they will hound you by phone, emails and messages just to get that payment regardless. The Acting coach I began with teaches Core classes with, Master classes, Resources and Authentic Altruism to become Successful and thoroughly trained Actors. I'm Lucky I Found out before paying them more. So please, please Check any Agency, schools, managers or Talent Agents before giving payment.

As a Big FYI: If you do not see anywhere about refunds or options to leave so-called said Scammer, then you know they are not honest. When looking at the sites, notice who gives them rave reviews. Also look for locations and if website can be navigated easily or looks strange. Lastly, if are unable to contact them after they sign you, they will only leave a message telling you to leave a detailed voice mail stating your issue. John Casablancas also stated they are Open 24/7 to help you, that may also another sign of a Scam. Stay safe!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

My teenage son started taking classes with this company over a year ago, and he learned so much from the virtual classes and it helped with his confidence. During the classes he was sent out on smaller jobs to gain experience, they helped prepare his headshot and resume too. Then, when he was done the classes he joined their agency, MTM. Since then, he has been in several films and a few commercials. They just booked him for a film this month in Northern NJ. This company did exactly what they said they would. They prepared him for the industry, and gave him opportunities, which he booked. I do recommend this company to anyone trying to break into the industry and don't know where to start. Annie and Jamie, in the Philadelphia location are so helpful still, to this day.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

This is a dollar tree quality goofy give me your money scheme. They will shower you with compliments and make you feel important so you feel confident forking over more than 2THOUSAND Dollars...For "classes".... Classes that get a little more serious as the weeks progress. All you will have accomplished is showing them a tiny bit of dedication (that's why they ask how determined are you on a scale of 1 to 10 so often) and invested by paying money to them so they can "sign" you as a Joh Casablanca Model/Actor, making you feel like you're a part of something, when you're basically just going to the same highschool that a few other famous people graduated from.

Listen I went to this meeting because I got tired of my mother, friends and peers alike telling me that I'm handsome and should be in acting/modeling , so I wanted to take a jab at it. I'm not famous by any means but even I know that this isn't how to get started in this industry. They should be paying you for your time then take a 20% commission fee when you get contracted. They also encourage you to have other people around you, like your support system (Mother, spouse, father, best friends, aunts, uncles). So when they get to discussing the price, the 2,050.00 is less of a burden on just 1 person. It's a ploy to make everyone there supporting you feel OBLIGATED to pay and help you "Reach your dreams". These cowards are ripping poor families off. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. This is a warning, caution. Do not, do not, do not, do not and I repeat, do not move forward with this "agency".

With love and warmth.

-Mike

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I tried dropping out when I could still get a refund but they denied it making excuses plus no one would pick up the phone. Plus in my birthday they were spamming my phone and yelling at me. So run and don’t pay cause first you should not even go to a modelling school. 2nd I swear they don’t teach you nothing. They make you waste your time.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

As the title states John Casablancas Modeling and Acting is not an agency. Please do not waste your time and theirs if you're not looking to spend (x) $$ on training and schooling. The head of of the ad. department for student recruitment should make some updates, as many people (myself included) have mistakenly contacted a Casablancas rep. thinking they're invited to some strange version of a business meeting with a possible new agent. This is incorrect. Actually you're invited to audition for a spot in the classroom at John Casablancas Acting and Modeling School**.

Strange enough (though not really important) when I first signed up for a/an meeting>>audition<< the rep. Brandi had a passion for over selling the company. When I called to cancel said meeting ?audition? I informed her "I see this is a school not an agency and I'm so sorry for wasting your time but I just need an agent.." and before I finished talking Brandi cut in saying, "YEP." and hung up at the end of statement. Perhaps my apology didn't mean anything to a major acting/modeling agen... school, like John Casablancas School. In conclusion, just in case you've somehow missed the message here: JoHn CaSaBlAnCaS MoDeL AnD AcTiNg Is A sChOoL yOu MuSt PaY fOr. Not an agent who gets paid when you do. False advertising. Two stars.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I was talked into the classes and even used my own hard earned money to pay the $279.90 or close to the school and asked for my money back before I attended my first class as we agreed. Told I wouldn't get 0.

Original review: June 18, 2021

One of the worst agencies you could choose to invest your time or money into. They are very scandalous and conniving. They are interested in taking advantage of underdeveloped/inexperienced talent. They demand 30% or more, while well aware the industry standard is 20%. They try to over exaggerate their benefits like covering travel, knowing any paid model’s travel is covered for the work she is booked for. This agency accepts anyone who they can get money out of, they do not care for talent. My experience was terrible, they have an agent named Kylie who handles most of their customer relations, she likes to try to use a fast talking energy to manipulate parents and children. If it works, later down the line when you have any issues or concerns, which I promise you will, she is the last John Casablanca’s rep you want to deal with. Overall 0-10.

Original review: April 9, 2021

I need to be honest so parents don't stop the dream but investigate. When my son went about this and was a part of MATTHEW SELECTION HE WAS THRILLED. I told Matthew my son works and he will be responsible. Matthew states he should. My son gave him the account information, but Matthew said a deposit was needed and I told him I will as long as I am not. Well, PaPa was in a fire just got out of rehab this year. Morgan, my son called them and told them the situation and they reassure him he can miss payments but they did not do this they kept on charging him for services he never received.

The bank wanted to reverse the payment but my son felt he could talk to them. He talked to a young lady who I DO not wish to give her name don't wish any hardship. However in stating this no one up until receiving a letter address to me saying I owe them 142.77 in collection against me. Also during that time after saying they will not, they took out $77 dollars 3 times. They did this before the payment was due and after requesting a pause. I pray this will help a parent, if the child can't handle do not do process a deposit, even if someone like Matthew will say, " it's only a deposit and this is the only payment from parents".

John Casablancas author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

John Casablancas founded his self-named modeling agency more than 25 years ago. The company currently has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Milan, Tokyo and is present in other various cities. The company focuses solely on representing models and actors, and it provides training and instruction.

• Fashion based: John Casablancas has access to the best jobs in the industry because of its locations in the world's fashion capitals. This ensures clients have the chance to get the highest-paying jobs with the most exposure.

• Board of Education certified: In many states, the agency is registered and certified with the State Board of Education, so it is officially recognized as a provider of education and instruction.

• In-depth instruction options: The company does not simply offer clients basic modeling classes, it has many in-depth courses, including skin and hair care, portfolio development, how to work with photographers, television commercial acting and the business side of modeling.

• Company reputation: John Casablancas Modeling centers have an excellent reputation because they were founded by John Casablancas, a modeling pioneer responsible for one of the most successful agencies of all time, which is Elite Model Management International.

• High-quality instructors: The company only employs the highest-quality instructors who have a great deal of field experience in their areas of expertise.

John Casablancas Modeling Company Information