John Casablancas Modeling

John Casablancas Modeling
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.89/5

John Casablancas Modeling Reviews

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

My daughter is just starting her journey into the modeling world at age 15. We had an audition this week with JC Langhorne. I thought their team was very professional, but most important, they provided honest feedback and critiques of the candidates. Do your homework on who you want to work with! The owners here have extensive experience in the industry. If you are just getting started, this is a great first step!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I cannot stress this enough, YOU MUST WORK YOURSELF. The school is what you pay for. After you are taught and they see you put forth the effort you will be signed to the agency (separate from school). I filmed my first commercial yesterday. I am very happy. I am a working actor thanks to John Casablancas. All the negative reviews are from people who expect jobs and fame without the work. You go to auditions and you are chosen based off talent or look, not because of your agency. How is this even a question?

Get expert buying tips about Modeling and Talent Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I'm new to the industry but John Casablancas model/talent agency and their staff really prepared me for this industry. This was a easy but firm coarse of classes which prepared me in acting, modeling, runway, commercials and more! I'm very excited for what Janet and her team has done for me and I look forward to what’s to come next! Thank you all for all of the opportunities I've been given through your agency. "Christopher"

Original review: May 6, 2019

John Casablancas is the best thing that has happened to my daughter. We went to every class and got involved just like we would in regular school. We helped her take notes, reminded her to get her JC homework done, etc. The classes were very well set up. This is the real deal. I thought, “Okay, my daughter is definitely going to need my help.” I thought this was way over my head because now have to be my daughter’s manager. But, I didn’t have to do it alone. The JC instructors were there to answer to all our questions. We took all of the knowledge they provided and put in the hard work. Now my daughter has graduated JC and is getting nationally placed as well as auditioning for roles and walking the runway in youth fashion shows. Thank you so much to JC and Josh Grooms.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

You are called and ask to come in and audition. The very first day they tell you they will ask for NO money. They get your Hopes up so you will return the following day just to be finally told the truth. If you PAY $3000 for classes then you might get a job. Totally a con!! Models and actors are one in a million. They just want your money. You will go the first day for 2 long hours and they pretend they want you back. The next day they drop the bomb and want your MONEY!! Believe it or not, people actually pay with the Hopes of success. Very sad what they do to a person's feelings. Why not be truthful and tell people you are just selling classes. That's the 100% truth!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about John Casablancas?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I have no doubt that they may be a good training facility, however my recent experience has left me with a terrible impression. We reached out to this agency because my daughter showed an interest in acting and wanted to pursue training for this. We met with Abbey and Mark **, signed a contract and paid $500 with the intent of moving forward. However after a few days, my daughter changed her mind and requested not to go through with it.

According to the contract we signed, if we cancelled outside of the 3 day cancellation period, we would receive a partial refund, which I accepted the terms of. I sent a postmarked letter requesting my partial refund, and my daughter DID NOT begin classes, I even spoke with Mark ** on the phone who advised that he had received the letter and the "Corporate Office" would review and take care of the partial refund.

2 weeks later, not only had I still had not received any refund, but I received a bill for $1970. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. When I attempt to call to get a number for this "Corporate Office" I am either told that they will contact me or the call is disconnected. My daughter has not attended ANY of the classes and we even have correspondence from the "school" confirming this.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Want you to pay 390.00 upfront then 80.00 a month for three yrs and then want 20 percent of anything you make. Don't want let you attend until you pay the 370. Will have you come over then tell you you can't go to class instead of calling or letting you know that. Don't fall for them.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Long story short, my daughter is a college student and was asked to come in for an audition. She went to Cincinnati, auditioned on September 16th and they invited her to attend the training classes. They filled her head with how great she could be and wanted to train her for modeling and acting. They then told her she would need to pay $4,400 or at a minimum, $370 down right then or no deal. She called me and told me what they had said and when I pushed back saying I couldn't pay that amount at that time they immediately offered to cut the down payment in half and to have us pay every two weeks for a year.

My daughter was very excited because of what they had told her so I said alright and they set up an automatic debit to my account. They told her she had until her first scheduled class to drop if she changed her mind and if she did we would get the $185 already paid reimbursed. Her first class would be September 28th, about 2 weeks after the initial audition, and after about 2 days she realized that she wouldn't be able to do this with her course load at college. She has been calling them at the number they provided, and had received calls from prior to the audition, 2 to 3 times a day since then.

There is no answering machine, voice mail, actually nothing at all. Every time she calls the number it beeps once and then hangs up. Since when does a reputable company conduct business in this manner, to me this has all the ear marks of a scam. I would tell everyone to stay away from this so called company, it is my opinion that they are just taking peoples money with no intent of providing anything to them. I find it very interesting that every review talks about how they were taken by this company but just recently a few reviews about how great they are suddenly appears on this site. I can't help but wonder who wrote those and even with them they still only have a 1.9 rating, again, my suggestion is to stay away from them.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

FIRST OF ALL.... their facts are all wrong! They tried to say Charlotte was a booming film/TV destination, when it's the complete opposite! EVERYONE KNOWS that NC failed at the TAX INCENTIVES for film and TV and GEORGIA took advantage. They also said SCREEN GEMS in Wilmington bought all this land and was thriving. WHEN IN FACT that is also the total opposite.... maybe 20 years ago! I am in the FILM/TV business and worked at SCREEN GEMS for years. It's now the LARGEST empty warehouses on the east coast!!!! So reading all these other reviews sounds EXACTLY what my son and I went through! Who discusses finances in front of a 6 year old! And anyone demanding you sign today. NOT RIGHT! IT'S SAD. JC had a great rep for years. This is what happens when a franchise goes rogue!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

The classes are fun but they get you nowhere! No guarantee of getting actual paid work. This is a company that overall makes money off of kids that want to be models (and actors). When I was 17, in 2001, I convinced my dad to fork over $1300 to John Casablancas because they "wanted me!" I think there were some headshots included as either part of that or as a separate fee. Now I'm taking a silly commercial acting class and day 1 of class it becomes pretty obvious that this is just for fun and none of us are going to be in a commercial. It's like take your John Casablancas commercial acting class and put it on your resume and that's it. A real agency pays YOU! Not collects your money for classes and photos. Just remember that. Please don't go to John Casablanca unless you fully understand that you are just getting a class.

Not sure about John Casablancas Modeling?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Modeling and Talent Agencies for you.

John Casablancas expert review by ConsumerAffairs

John Casablancas founded his self-named modeling agency more than 25 years ago. The company currently has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Milan, Tokyo and is present in other various cities. The company focuses solely on representing models and actors, and it provides training and instruction.

• Fashion based: John Casablancas has access to the best jobs in the industry because of its locations in the world's fashion capitals. This ensures clients have the chance to get the highest-paying jobs with the most exposure.

• Board of Education certified: In many states, the agency is registered and certified with the State Board of Education, so it is officially recognized as a provider of education and instruction.

• In-depth instruction options: The company does not simply offer clients basic modeling classes, it has many in-depth courses, including skin and hair care, portfolio development, how to work with photographers, television commercial acting and the business side of modeling.

• Company reputation: John Casablancas Modeling centers have an excellent reputation because they were founded by John Casablancas, a modeling pioneer responsible for one of the most successful agencies of all time, which is Elite Model Management International.

• High-quality instructors: The company only employs the highest-quality instructors who have a great deal of field experience in their areas of expertise.

• Best for: Aspiring actors and fashion models.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team