John Casablancas Modeling

John Casablancas Modeling
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.88/5

John Casablancas Modeling Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about John Casablancas Modeling?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about John Casablancas?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

1) They use the same “celebrity models” to advertise themselves.

2) They offer a contract to anyone who walks in those doors. Which is hundreds of people therefore you won’t be getting jobs. They can’t keep up with everyone!

3) I have been in this agency for 2 years and I’m now signed and working in NYC with an actual agency. They did not help me get this contract nor have I heard from them since I graduated. They informed me that if I stayed in touch and showed up to “refresher courses” then I would stay in the top of their lists for job. After doing all their recommendations nothing.

They are also listed as a modeling school with the state of CT and not a modeling agency therefore falsely advertising themselves to make money and getting away with this. I have reviewed them negatively on their main website and soon after it was deleted for being “reported false my the business” which happen to all their bad reviews. PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH.

4) If you are looking into this for your young children it is more of a day camp then anything professional or getting job related. Even for adults this is compared to a cosmetology school in my opinion then a actual agency.

5) When I first got offered a contract they told me I had a day to respond and I ended up saying no. The next day I got a call from the agent saying that really want me and she can’t hold the spot. A week in I finally cracked (horrible idea) and paid their huge fee which they suddenly were able to take and weren’t overbooked like they originally said. They do not actually need to hold spots. They let everybody in!

When walking into my actual agency that wanted me to work with them. There was no fees. They didn’t make any promises and all they wanted was for me to make a professional looking portfolio that I did on my own with my photographers. Spent barely any money and have had the best luck! I’m saying this because if they want you. They will work for you!! For parents. Do not waste time on this place.

Original review: July 17, 2020

On Monday, April 20, 2020 my husband, and daughter and I met in an online Zoom meeting with a representative from John Casablanca to potentially enroll our daughter in their program. After the 20 minute sales pitch, we asked if we could have time to think it over considering the high cost of the program. Lisa, the representative from the Cary, NC office informed us that we needed to decide on that day and could not take time to consider it or we would forfeit the current offer. She asked for a $295 deposit to hold our spot and indicated that she would email us the contract. Foolishly, we paid the $295 deposit which Lisa assured us was refundable.

After receiving the emailed contract on that same day and carefully reading it over, we decided not to move forward with the high price, high pressure program. WE DID NOT SIGN OR SUBMIT THE CONTRACT. However, we followed the cancellation requirements outlined in the contract and cancelled our enrollment in their 30-week program via a certified, signed letter sent out on Wednesday, April 22, 2020, well within the 3 day cancellation period (although the contract was neither legal nor binding for us as it was never agreed to, signed, or submitted). We contacted the Cary office notifying them of our cancellation as well. My daughter did not begin or attend any classes as we had cancelled her enrollment prior to the start of classes.

According to the agreement contract, we are entitled to a full refund of our initial $295 deposit which we requested multiple times to be refunded as soon as possible. Again, we received no goods or services, did not sign a contract, submitted our cancellation via certified mail within the 3 day time frame, and have contacted the Cary, NC office as well as their corporate help desk (as there is no other contact information available to us) multiple times without response. Again, I'm uncertain as to why this company could delay or withhold refunding us our $295 without any legal reason for doing so. We made every attempt to follow all reasonable avenues to deal directly with this company to request and receive my refund with no response at all.

We sent at least 4 emails to the Cary, NC office along with 3 emails to the corporate office simply requesting our refund for 2 months with no response, no update as to the status of our refund, and no refund. We also placed multiple phone calls, but no one answers their phones. It is a shame that a consumer must beg and plead to receive a refund on goods and services that were never agreed to or never received. As an update, we filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau with no response from John Casablancas and filed a transaction dispute with our bank to try to refund our $295 charge. It is pathetic business practice that a customer must file a transaction dispute to fairly and per policy receive their refund. Unless you are certain that you want to lock yourself into this financial commitment for modeling classes, avoid them at all costs.

Get buying tips about Modeling and Talent Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 25, 2020

Where do I start...my daughter reached out to this "acting school" for acquiring to start taking classes. She "auditioned" one day but the manager or owner or whoever she's supposed to be, Janet, told her she wanted to schedule a meeting with my daughter & I. The day of the meeting Janet was RUDE from the jump! My daughter is a special-needs adult and this lady CLEARLY wanted to make her feel less than important.

Our meeting was at 1:00PM and my daughter KINDLY reached out to her at 1:00PM and stated: "Is it okay to log in". Janet did not respond to her until 1:15pm and here was: "I was on at 1:00-1:05 and did not see you. Are you ready now?" My daughter responded at 1:15pm with "Yes". I did not like the entitlement attitude in which she CHOOSE to speak to my daughter but I was willing to hear Janet out because my daughter really wants to attend acting school.

On the call, after her greeting, the NEXT thing out of Janet's mouth was: "Were you waiting on me to respond to join the call"? My daughter responded, "Yes". Janet then said, "I told you yesterday to just join in at 1 so I don't know maybe you misunderstood me." I chimed in and said, "Yes she DID misunderstand you and that's OK because it could happen to anyone." Janet responded with "Yes it could happen to anyone."

She then went to her "presentation" of how this school can offer this, that, or the 3rd meaning misleading promises. In the middle of her "presentation" she overheard my 10 month old baby boy in the back and said, "How old is the baby?" I said, "He'll be 10 months on Saturday." My son was crawling towards me so I turned my attention to him and Janet said, "Wow 10 months huh, maybe he will grow up better."

Although my attention was on my son I STILL heard what this lady said! What the heck she was trying to imply that my son's life may be better he wouldn't be met with the same challenges my disabled daughter has? Or that since my daughter do have a disability, she probably didn't have that great of a life growing up?! I didn't know what she meant so I asked for clarity. I said, "Excuse me, what did you say because I'm having a hard time understanding you." Cowardly she didn't repeat it but I know what I heard. By the that time I'm done with the conversation. So I told her, I'll think about it and discuss it with my husband. This place is more than just a scam, it's ran by some disgusting, rude, and ableism people. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. And to Janet you need to educate yourself on how to properly communicate with people, especially those that are different from you. Do better!

Original review: May 21, 2020

I am an actor from NYC, and recently moved to the Philadelphia area. I have worked in the industry for years, and the people John Casablancas Modeling are the most unprofessional people I have ever encountered in this industry. First of all, they have you audition in front of everyone else in this online virtual cattle call. And then they rate you individually before the entire group. This is never done in the industry. Highly unprofessional. And some of the actors are kids! Your audition should be done privately. If the audition is online, then it should either be a one on one Zoom meeting, or done in a Zoom Breakout room, where it's just you and one or two other agency people. And you should be given feedback PRIVATELY, not in front of the entire group of actors.

I am a middle aged actor, and I auditioned with mostly kids and young adults. After reading the commercial copy, they rated me an A, and then told me I would be contacted by email. Then they just abruptly cut me out of the Zoom room. I never got the email, and when I inquired via text, I was just ignored. I can accept a rejection, but don't lie to me by saying say that I will be contacted when you have no intention of doing so.

I contacted John Casablancas, and informed him of the unprofessionalism of his team. He had texted me an hour before my audition saying he looked forward to meeting me (he never showed up by the way). So I texted him this message: "Hi. I auditioned on Tuesday night. I was given an A, and told I would be get an email requesting headshot and resume. Never got the email. Texted the agency back and got no replies. This is really unprofessional." And this was Mr. Casablancas' response: "Excuse me the email was sent and your texts did not come through. I don’t work for Verizon so maybe lose the attitude."

I never received any emails as promised. And if they didn't have my email, they could have texted me (because I had received numerous texts from them prior to the audition). Whether this was ageism or racism (don't see my demographic represented in their Instagram photos), I will never know. But it doesn't matter. As I said, I have worked in the industry in the NY metro area for years, and I have never seen such unprofessional conduct and been treated so poorly. My advice: STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS AGENCY.

Original review: May 13, 2020

This is not a good company. They do not follow procedures that they put in place or adhere to documents that they have you sign. The documents I signed stated that a partial refund would be issued if we decided to cancel before supplies were received. Now their company phone number does not work and they are not responding to emails. I would say RUN from this place. They accept everyone just wanting to take your money. Legal action seems like the only way to get your money back even though they agree to refunds. I feel terrible for the kids that feel they are getting recognized and have a great opportunity presented to them. That's just not the case with John Casablancas Modeling of Tampa.

Original review: April 11, 2020

Our experience has been totally different! My husband was called for an audition, he made it. The Director was very sincere and honest. You get what you put on. They send you auditions where they might think you are a good fit but after that it is YOUR JOB to put the learning into action. 500 people audition, if you are not picked it means you have to work harder and put into practice all you've learned and keep doing it. If you did your best, then recognize that people in this industry are very honest, maybe is not you, the Clients have a very set profile they want to follow and out of that 500 people, they found what they had in mind.

Not getting picked on an audition should make you work harder. For ex: I think that I can sing, my family tells me I do good (but they are my family), if I hear it from 10+ strangers or acquaintances, I would definitely think about it; if you only hear it from your people, they love you, they see beyond because they know you but a stranger doesn't.

College is gazillion times more expensive, you land a job and that's it. Everything that happens after that is part of YOUR EFFORT. You have to take responsibility and be honest with yourself. In JC, you invest in bettering yourself (don't think about fame, think about you are doing this because you want to grow some areas in your life...) Exactly like college, paid 50k (studying "my passion") doesn't guarantee I will land a good paying job or a job that relates to my career. It all comes down to me, applying the techniques I paid for in college. So people, chill out and stop looking for FAME. Work on yourself first and analyze your reasons for doing it.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

You are called and ask to come in and audition. The very first day they tell you they will ask for NO money. They get your Hopes up so you will return the following day just to be finally told the truth. If you PAY $3000 for classes then you might get a job. Totally a con!! Models and actors are one in a million. They just want your money. You will go the first day for 2 long hours and they pretend they want you back. The next day they drop the bomb and want your MONEY!! Believe it or not, people actually pay with the Hopes of success. Very sad what they do to a person's feelings. Why not be truthful and tell people you are just selling classes. That's the 100% truth!!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I have no doubt that they may be a good training facility, however my recent experience has left me with a terrible impression. We reached out to this agency because my daughter showed an interest in acting and wanted to pursue training for this. We met with Abbey and Mark **, signed a contract and paid $500 with the intent of moving forward. However after a few days, my daughter changed her mind and requested not to go through with it.

According to the contract we signed, if we cancelled outside of the 3 day cancellation period, we would receive a partial refund, which I accepted the terms of. I sent a postmarked letter requesting my partial refund, and my daughter DID NOT begin classes, I even spoke with Mark ** on the phone who advised that he had received the letter and the "Corporate Office" would review and take care of the partial refund.

2 weeks later, not only had I still had not received any refund, but I received a bill for $1970. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. When I attempt to call to get a number for this "Corporate Office" I am either told that they will contact me or the call is disconnected. My daughter has not attended ANY of the classes and we even have correspondence from the "school" confirming this.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Want you to pay 390.00 upfront then 80.00 a month for three yrs and then want 20 percent of anything you make. Don't want let you attend until you pay the 370. Will have you come over then tell you you can't go to class instead of calling or letting you know that. Don't fall for them.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

My daughter is just starting her journey into the modeling world at age 15. We had an audition this week with JC Langhorne. I thought their team was very professional, but most important, they provided honest feedback and critiques of the candidates. Do your homework on who you want to work with! The owners here have extensive experience in the industry. If you are just getting started, this is a great first step!

John Casablancas author review by ConsumerAffairs

John Casablancas founded his self-named modeling agency more than 25 years ago. The company currently has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Milan, Tokyo and is present in other various cities. The company focuses solely on representing models and actors, and it provides training and instruction.

• Fashion based: John Casablancas has access to the best jobs in the industry because of its locations in the world's fashion capitals. This ensures clients have the chance to get the highest-paying jobs with the most exposure.

• Board of Education certified: In many states, the agency is registered and certified with the State Board of Education, so it is officially recognized as a provider of education and instruction.

• In-depth instruction options: The company does not simply offer clients basic modeling classes, it has many in-depth courses, including skin and hair care, portfolio development, how to work with photographers, television commercial acting and the business side of modeling.

• Company reputation: John Casablancas Modeling centers have an excellent reputation because they were founded by John Casablancas, a modeling pioneer responsible for one of the most successful agencies of all time, which is Elite Model Management International.

• High-quality instructors: The company only employs the highest-quality instructors who have a great deal of field experience in their areas of expertise.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team