John Casablancas Modeling

John Casablancas Modeling

1.9/5 (198 ratings)

About John Casablancas Modeling

John Casablancas Modeling Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about John Casablancas Modeling?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about John Casablancas?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

John Casablancas Modeling and Acting Agency of CT is remarkable! Above all, Tina and Kara, demonstrate a high level of involvement, commitment, engagement and enthusiasm, both highly professional and competent to work with!! I have been presented with, and accepted multiple bookings, modeling for a diverse clientele. Thank you for all the incredible experiences and opportunities – I am honored and privileged to be a part of the team!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

John Casablancas Modeling and Acting Agency located in Rocky Hill Connecticut has assisted me in jumpstarting my modeling career and advancing it to the next level. Offering runway classes, makeup advice, and acting lessons, as well as helping me build my portfolio, network, and understand the industry. John Casablancas has booked me to model for Connecticut tourism restaurants/breweries, jewelry, hair product lines, and a well-known suntan lotion company. I can’t wait to see what the following year has to offer!

Get buying tips about Modeling and Talent Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

I can't say enough good things about John Casablancas! I went through their training and it has prepped me for so many casting calls especially since most auditions in the industry are online now. They were very transparent from the beginning on how they operate. There is a training side and an agency side which is MTM. It's all about the work you put in and there is no free training in any endeavor whether it is college for a specific career or any other kind of extracurricular activity you choose to be involved in. After college you aren't guaranteed a job and extracurriculars don't guarantee you a career either.

However John Casablancas actually helps us gain work after the classes if you follow the directions they give you to help set up your agency profile. If you want to be taken seriously you have to be willing to invest in yourself before anyone else will. You can't get by with looks alone! You have to have substance. I've booked jobs since finishing classes and it has prepared me to compete against the veterans who have been doing this for a lot longer than I have! It's given me the confidence I need to succeed along with taught a lot of life lessons. I'd recommend this company to anyone who wants a clear and direct path to getting in to the industry.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

My teenage son started taking classes with this company over a year ago, and he learned so much from the virtual classes and it helped with his confidence. During the classes he was sent out on smaller jobs to gain experience, they helped prepare his headshot and resume too. Then, when he was done the classes he joined their agency, MTM. Since then, he has been in several films and a few commercials. They just booked him for a film this month in Northern NJ. This company did exactly what they said they would. They prepared him for the industry, and gave him opportunities, which he booked. I do recommend this company to anyone trying to break into the industry and don't know where to start. Annie and Jamie, in the Philadelphia location are so helpful still, to this day.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

These people are a bunch of crooks. After they said everything was included in the $2200 payment I made now they want me to pay for pictures separately. RUN FAST AND FAR. DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY SAY.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2022

I worked with a woman named Lisa **, she told me about the company, asked if I could pay 2000 upfront. I said I couldn't afford that, she told me about the 71$ a week option which requires a 295$ registration fee. I was so excited I paid that. Later on I told her I don't know if I could afford it, I sent a cancellation letter out that next morning which the contract States to do, Lisa than told me that I could not get the fee back, even though the contract stated I could if cancelled on time, thinking about legal actions, since Lisa has stopped responding. Complete scam artists.

Original review: July 29, 2022

I signed with them and before I did they asked for $2000 payment I couldn’t make that so I put a down payment of $150 so right after I signed I started feeling queasy about John Casablancas and so I called the lady back and told her that I didn’t want to do it anymore. In the contract it says if you mail out a letter to them three days after you will get a refund I called the lady not even three hours after I signed and told her I didn’t wanna do it and I also sent out the letter the same night. So after I sent out the letter I called the next day and told them I sent out a letter and she was so sweet, saying that I’ll get my refund and they’ll handle it.

Time passed I haven’t heard from them, I’ve called they haven’t been answering. I called again and finally they answered she told me that some people don’t handle the refunds and that it will get taken care of. She didn’t even ask for my name or the amount, she said she would take me off and cancel my papers and then hung up so after she hung up I get a text message saying I have been referred to them for an audition and to call them back I have been calling no one has been answering and they haven’t given me my money back like they said they would.

Original review: July 14, 2022

They start by making you pay $291 which is ok if you are serious about investing in your child's career. If your child want to become an actor they don't care. They will put him in a class with others who are there for modeling. Ok so now you've spent 295.00 + 71.00 weekly class charge, you get the syllabus and it's talking about dress shoes, makeup kits, excuse me last time I checked learning how to do makeup is not a tool that they need to know. And if they do I'm sure a little teaching from mom can help, not 2000.00 dollars later. I feel sorry for any parents sitting in that zoom supporting their child on their dreams and little do they know they are about to pay a ton of money for something that they aren't going to need or could get just by googling it or watch a makeup tutorial.

Please understand this is just a school where they claim to teach you the tools you will need to go out and get the job. But also please know the information they are about to teach your child is not worth 2 thousand dollars worth. Don't get me wrong just like school you have to pay to learn, this is different you pay but you don't get no information relevant to what you want to do specifically. I was one of those parents sitting in Zoom thinking I was supporting my son's dreams until I realized I was being fooled into handing over my money. Thank god my bank got my money back. I'm still not sure what my credit might look like though after this. So please if anything ask questions and do look at reviews they don't lie.

Original review: June 4, 2022

Extremely bad vibes from this one. Don't do it, they will want you to sign bad contracts and spend $2,000 right off the bat. If you are interested in school for creative arts, go to school for creative arts, not some weird agency **.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I auditioned many years ago and was accepted into the school to further develop acting skills, although I auditioned to be a model. I’m 5’11 and was about 140 back then. I remember how critical Annie was about my natural hair. As a ** woman, this was very insulting. The market is open to all types of looks and I know for a fact that the natural hair scene is a money maker. So I took one class and then was told about the insane amount of money I needed to pay. So I decided this wasn’t for me.

Fast forward to this year. My 12 year old is most definitely model material. She stands at 5’9 and wears a size 3. On the virtual audition, they raved about how gorgeous she was. They asked her to give a few poses and I guess they weren’t “good enough” to them. When they asked me to give my opinion of whether my daughter is ready to be sent straight to the agency, they completely insulted me in front of my daughter, tore her down as well. Criticism doesn’t have to be nasty! I don’t know why some people think that you have to be mean to people who are already a bit nervous, who are trying to get into the industry.

John Casablancas author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

John Casablancas founded his self-named modeling agency more than 25 years ago. The company currently has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Milan, Tokyo and is present in other various cities. The company focuses solely on representing models and actors, and it provides training and instruction.

• Fashion based: John Casablancas has access to the best jobs in the industry because of its locations in the world's fashion capitals. This ensures clients have the chance to get the highest-paying jobs with the most exposure.

• Board of Education certified: In many states, the agency is registered and certified with the State Board of Education, so it is officially recognized as a provider of education and instruction.

• In-depth instruction options: The company does not simply offer clients basic modeling classes, it has many in-depth courses, including skin and hair care, portfolio development, how to work with photographers, television commercial acting and the business side of modeling.

• Company reputation: John Casablancas Modeling centers have an excellent reputation because they were founded by John Casablancas, a modeling pioneer responsible for one of the most successful agencies of all time, which is Elite Model Management International.

• High-quality instructors: The company only employs the highest-quality instructors who have a great deal of field experience in their areas of expertise.

John Casablancas Modeling Company Information