John Casablancas Modeling

John Casablancas Modeling

Find a modeling and talent agency that's right for you

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

John Casablancas Modeling Reviews

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I cannot stress this enough, YOU MUST WORK YOURSELF. The school is what you pay for. After you are taught and they see you put forth the effort you will be signed to the agency (separate from school). I filmed my first commercial yesterday. I am very happy. I am a working actor thanks to John Casablancas. All the negative reviews are from people who expect jobs and fame without the work. You go to auditions and you are chosen based off talent or look, not because of your agency. How is this even a question?

Original review: June 5, 2019

I'm new to the industry but John Casablancas model/talent agency and their staff really prepared me for this industry. This was a easy but firm coarse of classes which prepared me in acting, modeling, runway, commercials and more! I'm very excited for what Janet and her team has done for me and I look forward to what’s to come next! Thank you all for all of the opportunities I've been given through your agency. "Christopher"

Get expert buying tips about Modeling and Talent Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: May 6, 2019

John Casablancas is the best thing that has happened to my daughter. We went to every class and got involved just like we would in regular school. We helped her take notes, reminded her to get her JC homework done, etc. The classes were very well set up. This is the real deal. I thought, “Okay, my daughter is definitely going to need my help.” I thought this was way over my head because now have to be my daughter’s manager. But, I didn’t have to do it alone. The JC instructors were there to answer to all our questions. We took all of the knowledge they provided and put in the hard work. Now my daughter has graduated JC and is getting nationally placed as well as auditioning for roles and walking the runway in youth fashion shows. Thank you so much to JC and Josh Grooms.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I have been with John Casablancas school for Model and Talent Management for almost a year now. Yes it cost me a lot of money, yes the purpose is for training. However, those who come to the building and actually listen to the person giving the speech at the audition know all of this. Any agency is going to charge you a fee for classes. The training is legit, the classes teach a lot, and the teachers are also talent. They have gone through the exact same process. I myself have just been selected to go to LA. This is not a scam. This is all real, and if you take the risk and go through the process, then you would know that. The only people I see on here who are making negative remarks and reviews about JC are people who don't even try, or don't do what they are supposed to in order to succeed. I've seen my classmates move on and make more money than they put in to start.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

This is an amazing school! Once you’re enrolled you can sign up for classes in any entertainment industry they offer. The classes are self-paced. They are familiar with the industry and you may land gigs anytime, so you can move your class schedule around as much as needed. You can even continue classes with them to brush up on skills for up to 3 years after you’ve enrolled. They bring in other professionals from the respective industry. Not only do you get to meet people you wouldn’t normally get the chance to. They are the best teachers. I enjoy every class I take with them, and they have already helped me land several projects I am happy to be a part of! It is so worth it if you are interested at all in the modeling and entertainment industry.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about John Casablancas?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Want you to pay 390.00 upfront then 80.00 a month for three yrs and then want 20 percent of anything you make. Don't want let you attend until you pay the 370. Will have you come over then tell you you can't go to class instead of calling or letting you know that. Don't fall for them.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

My daughter is just starting her journey into the modeling world at age 15. We had an audition this week with JC Langhorne. I thought their team was very professional, but most important, they provided honest feedback and critiques of the candidates. Do your homework on who you want to work with! The owners here have extensive experience in the industry. If you are just getting started, this is a great first step!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Long story short, my daughter is a college student and was asked to come in for an audition. She went to Cincinnati, auditioned on September 16th and they invited her to attend the training classes. They filled her head with how great she could be and wanted to train her for modeling and acting. They then told her she would need to pay $4,400 or at a minimum, $370 down right then or no deal. She called me and told me what they had said and when I pushed back saying I couldn't pay that amount at that time they immediately offered to cut the down payment in half and to have us pay every two weeks for a year.

My daughter was very excited because of what they had told her so I said alright and they set up an automatic debit to my account. They told her she had until her first scheduled class to drop if she changed her mind and if she did we would get the $185 already paid reimbursed. Her first class would be September 28th, about 2 weeks after the initial audition, and after about 2 days she realized that she wouldn't be able to do this with her course load at college. She has been calling them at the number they provided, and had received calls from prior to the audition, 2 to 3 times a day since then.

There is no answering machine, voice mail, actually nothing at all. Every time she calls the number it beeps once and then hangs up. Since when does a reputable company conduct business in this manner, to me this has all the ear marks of a scam. I would tell everyone to stay away from this so called company, it is my opinion that they are just taking peoples money with no intent of providing anything to them. I find it very interesting that every review talks about how they were taken by this company but just recently a few reviews about how great they are suddenly appears on this site. I can't help but wonder who wrote those and even with them they still only have a 1.9 rating, again, my suggestion is to stay away from them.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

FIRST OF ALL.... their facts are all wrong! They tried to say Charlotte was a booming film/TV destination, when it's the complete opposite! EVERYONE KNOWS that NC failed at the TAX INCENTIVES for film and TV and GEORGIA took advantage. They also said SCREEN GEMS in Wilmington bought all this land and was thriving. WHEN IN FACT that is also the total opposite.... maybe 20 years ago! I am in the FILM/TV business and worked at SCREEN GEMS for years. It's now the LARGEST empty warehouses on the east coast!!!! So reading all these other reviews sounds EXACTLY what my son and I went through! Who discusses finances in front of a 6 year old! And anyone demanding you sign today. NOT RIGHT! IT'S SAD. JC had a great rep for years. This is what happens when a franchise goes rogue!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

The classes are fun but they get you nowhere! No guarantee of getting actual paid work. This is a company that overall makes money off of kids that want to be models (and actors). When I was 17, in 2001, I convinced my dad to fork over $1300 to John Casablancas because they "wanted me!" I think there were some headshots included as either part of that or as a separate fee. Now I'm taking a silly commercial acting class and day 1 of class it becomes pretty obvious that this is just for fun and none of us are going to be in a commercial. It's like take your John Casablancas commercial acting class and put it on your resume and that's it. A real agency pays YOU! Not collects your money for classes and photos. Just remember that. Please don't go to John Casablanca unless you fully understand that you are just getting a class.

John Casablancas expert review by ConsumerAffairs

John Casablancas founded his self-named modeling agency more than 25 years ago. The company currently has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Milan, Tokyo and is present in other various cities. The company focuses solely on representing models and actors, and it provides training and instruction.

• Fashion based: John Casablancas has access to the best jobs in the industry because of its locations in the world's fashion capitals. This ensures clients have the chance to get the highest-paying jobs with the most exposure.

• Board of Education certified: In many states, the agency is registered and certified with the State Board of Education, so it is officially recognized as a provider of education and instruction.

• In-depth instruction options: The company does not simply offer clients basic modeling classes, it has many in-depth courses, including skin and hair care, portfolio development, how to work with photographers, television commercial acting and the business side of modeling.

• Company reputation: John Casablancas Modeling centers have an excellent reputation because they were founded by John Casablancas, a modeling pioneer responsible for one of the most successful agencies of all time, which is Elite Model Management International.

• High-quality instructors: The company only employs the highest-quality instructors who have a great deal of field experience in their areas of expertise.

• Best for: Aspiring actors and fashion models.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs