John Casablancas Modeling

Compare Modeling & Talent Agencies

Research top Modeling & Talent Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

John Casablancas is a huge scammer! People please review a rating and read all the messages from us about this agency! I have an 18-yr-old daughter. I don't know how she find out about this company but made a appointment for an open call audition (the company insisted that a parent join). After SEVERAL hours of casting and catwalk modeling (there were about 40 kids in the audition) she was given a call back interview that evening for that Sat. When we arrived on Saturday a director sat us in his office and started his sales pitch for like an hour or so, following that he presents me with a contract for 2400.00!! I said suddenly, "I can't afford it right now," as it was just a few weeks before Christmas!

Both myself and my daughter was shocked with that high amount, he explained many different ways we could pay! He mentioned to make a deposit of 370.00 so he can keep the spot for my daughter and I can pay weekly payments of 72.00 at every class. I thought we’re there for an interview!!! I explained that I didn't have that kind of money being a single mom and he again pushed the payment arrangements. FELT VERY PRESSURED & INTIMIDATED!! Also made to comment that if we left to think about it that there was no guarantee that a seat would be held for my child... then he brought out the paperwork. Had me sign, after that proceeded to say they're not guaranteed to place the student with any jobs!

Class dates that were assigned for my daughter’s group were a Sunday at 11 am. The following Sunday was Christmas and the week after was New Year’s Day. The school was closed! Well I have come to find out that WE WERE supposed to pay and call to make up those 2 classes for those weeks as we were still being charged for them!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?? The school was closed!! The next week my girl went to the class, they gave her a makeup bag and the entire room went in a circle and introduced themselves, that is it! (I was there.) Then the 2nd week she went in, they started off introducing selves again because there were a few new kids just added! Then proceeded to take turns on a catwalk. That is it AGAIN. Didn't teach anything during another 2 hours!

My daughter then decided it was just a horrible waste of time. We called out of the next 2 classes and contacted the director with our thoughts about the program and we're told what to do with a certified letter. So we did that and it went out the very next day. Here I thought that maybe I would get a refund of some sort but no… I received an invoice for 288.00. So I contacted the collection/finance department right away to explain the situation and then I waited for their response but they didn't. So 3 weeks later I get another invoice now with a 10.00 late fee assessed! What the hell!!! How can this be legal?? So generally, people never let yourself being scammed by this company again! They're NOT professional trainers by any stretch of the imagination! Please be smart!! Don't do it.

John Casablancas is by far the BEST place I have found to get started in modeling and acting! They all really care about you and not like all the other auditions I have attended because all those companies want to do is take a lot of your money and promise you the world and then nothing happens except you lose around $5,000 on a portfolio! The director Mark ** is super nice and make you feel very special every single time I have went into the center as well as every staff member.

John Casablancas is a huge scammer! Peoples please review a rating and read all the messages from us about this agency! I'm a mother of my girl! She's 13 years old and a teenager of a middle school! I don't know when or where did she find out about this company and made a appointment of casting to be a voice actor! So they called me to remind that appointment, after all 3 hours casting and catwalk modeling, she's passed! And the director came up the stage and blah blah blah like 40 mins! He always emphasized about FREE photographs and supply fee for video and makeup things, so next time we came back to the office for registering! The receptionist talked to us about the fee that she asked for $2000 to pay to go to learning this career!

At the same time both of us (myself and my daughter was shocked with that high amount), she explained how many time we should pay or how the methods to pay! I said suddenly they asked and I don't have it or can't afford it right now! She mentioned about make a deposit of $100 first so she can keep the spot for my daughter and I can pay next day like the idea she said monthly payment or pay off with the amount of $2000 so I made deposit $100 in. Cash first to her, then she brought out the paperwork, let me signed all then she started to remind if I don't want it in the near future, in the first 3 days of cancellation, I must have a hand writing letter and notarized by the bank and sent the letter by certified mail to them! And they're not guaranteed the student should have a job after and that's not their responsibility! So they got all my method payment like a checking account and monthly payment!!

Next week after my girl went to the class, they gave her a makeup bag that's it, till the 2nd weeks she went in, she started off boring and said they didn't teach anything beside of let her sitting free during 3 hours! So then her studying at middle school have a lots of homework and projects that she don't have time to do so she wanna quit at JC! At first I showed up myself at the office, the director eating lunch relaxing reminded me that I need to send the termination letter by mail! So I sent it by certified mail with notarized from my banker and hand written letter, and then I waited for their response but they didn't...

I waited till 4 weeks and I called back, the director guy, his name is Mark on the phone line with me again he asked "Did you send by certified mail? Did you have a tracking number? I didn't received your letter," and I asked, "What if I resend it, would I get my refund back cause I already paid $1600, and they gonna stop withdrawing or charging my money from my bank monthly" but he said "No we will constantly withdrawing your monthly payment and you wouldn't get refund back cause this is over 3 days."

So generally, people never let yourself being scammed by this company again! They're Not a professional trainer! They just scammed to rip off your money and now the fee is not $2000 what they said, they add up $400 extra for deposit they said and in the contract paperwork now I know they've never said they will refund deposit back or anything! Please be smart or at least we should sue them and get a FBI involved to closing this company for scamming innocent peoples.

Like any program, certificate, or degree you receive from any institution or agency, the experience and knowledge that you extract from the program is priceless. After the program, what you do with the experience you gain is up to you to use and make it work. Even the Bible tells you that faith without works is dead. Often times, people think paying money for a program is suppose to create the end results, too. No. How you shape your life is up to YOU! John Casablancas offers the tools, practice, and the insight of the modeling industry which will allow you to make modeling and acting into a career. But it still takes your drive, persistence, and energy, too. You can't give up just because you miss the mark the first or even the second time auditioning. Many times people like to blame the program when in fact it is not the program, instead the real reason is a defeated attitude.

After you receive the information and know how that John Casablancas provides, it is truly up to you to use the resources and LEADS available to shape your own destiny. The practices, workshops, professional photos, and the knowledge of the industry REALLY DOES help you learn what you need to know about modeling, runway, acting, commercials, postures, etiquette, and so much more. The inside leads that John Casablancas showcase to its students are PRICELESS. I enjoyed taking the courses! The teachers were insightful to what you can expect in the industry. The branded name of John Casablancas is honorable to wear.

After taking the course, I can say I have learned a wealth of information which has increased my wisdom about the industry. The practices have brought me to a WHOLE different level of confidence and self-esteem. I can say I feel ready when I audition or perform in front of directors. After you take the courses, how you apply it all is really all up to you! You cannot expect opportunity to come knocking at your door. If John Casablancas does not work for you, maybe acting and modeling just isn't your chosen talent. It is not fair to blame the school if it doesn't work out for you. Bottom line is John Casablancas is definitely worth the money, because you will walk away with a new self-confidence and know-how about modeling, acting, runway, commercials and more. This alone makes it all worth it.

Today I went for my first casting call, to see if I would be worth their time or not. Like someone said before, you get rated by either an (A) which means that they want you to contact them again, (B) if you need some training, or (C) if they will see you later. I'm 45 years old and for various reasons I thought I might give acting a shot. There were a lot of moms today with their younger kids who were trying to get into the acting or modeling business. They have all these hopes and dreams about their kid making it big. They know about as much about getting into the modeling and acting business than their kids do. So in order to start sorting out the potential good people from the bad, you have to go through a few tests.

First they see if you are comfortable being photographed. Then they ask and tell everyone in the room a bunch of things about modeling and acting. When you answer the questions, it shows them how confident you are about yourself. Many of them were too shy to speak up and say anything. Then they you have to read a quick script to show how comfortable you are behind a camera and "walk the catwalk" like a model would. During all this time, someone else is watching you via camera feed into another room and reading your profile, to find out if you are worth pursuing further. I'm just a regular guy, who is not the best looking, and I thought that for sure I was a (C). BUT, I made an impact on them by what I said and what I did during the short time I was there. I kept my mouth shut for most of the time. I was there and answered questions when nobody else could.

Now I am going on to the next step. Confidence is key. This agency has represented many now famous actors/actresses and models, so it is NOT a scam. They are approved by the Better Business Bureau. They say at the beginning that they take 20% of your earnings like EVERY agency does after you get started. But nothing is free. You pay money for your profile information and acting classes if you need them. Don't be a hater because you might need more training than others. Or if you get passed up by someone else better than you. ** happens, so deal with it. They will work with you if you show the desire to succeed. They are not going to baby you to make you feel better.

Bugging the crap out of them by calling and asking them how things are going won't help you at all. I already know that since I have next to no cash, I will consider working a part-time job to get that money for those classes, because the potential rewards outweigh the risks. I just have to give it my all, because I want to succeed. If you don't make it, suck it up and move on to something else because there are many other careers out there. Don't be such a hater.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about John Casablancas?

This company is disgusting. The reason why I say this is because all they want is your money. All the training and everything is way too expensive and worthless. They took money out of my daughter's account without her authorization. This fake company had me believe that they are a top company which they are wrong. There are other modeling and acting company that do not charge to sign you up or train you. Thank God I found a company that does not charge and they are wonderful.

I'm writing this review because I've read the complaints by people, that at best, have a hard time articulating a well-written sentence. I am a Army veteran. I was medically discharged after 17.5 years. When I got out, I went through a rough patch. I didn't know how be anything else and, to top it off, I lost my first job after three weeks. Months went by and I couldn't find a job. Nothing!! Almost 20 years in the Army, with a bachelor's degree, and not even an interview.

One night I was filling out applications and got a pop-up for a modeling site. "NEW FACES WANTED!" It wasn't JC, but two days later JC called me asking if I was serious in modeling or acting. Honestly, it had never crossed my mind. I grew up with a severe stutter and Tourette's. I had learned to control my stuttering through the military and Special Forces, but my muscle ticks are different. Well, I went in for the audition. It was the weirdest thing I'd ever done. From Green Beret to walking a catwalk. I got my callback time and went home.

So, I'm a smart guy. I read every word on every JC website. I also read all the scam warnings from people who looked to have some bad experiences with the company. I also spoke to a college friend who signed Elite right out of college. When I went back for my 45 minute talk, I asked all my questions. That is the key to success in anything. Research and Questions. Now, I didn't have a job or solid income. I was pretty much living on my disability, but I paid my money for the program.

For the first couple of weeks, I blew up the Director's phone. I must have emailed and text once a day. After every class, I would practice hours a night so I'd be ready for the next class. By the end of the first month, I signed my agency contract so I could work. They knew I didn't have a job and would do anything for work. Because I was dedicated, they had no doubt in my ability. I worked a Walmart/Pepsi promotion for 24 days. A couple of months later, a casting director was looking for talent in their 20's. I'm 39. My agent told me to apply. She had a long standing relationship with the director. He was doubtful at first because of my age. Once he met me, he hired me. After the event, he emailed my agent saying I was the talk of the event.

I have been with JC, in Raleigh, NC, four months and it has been great. I am now in the Avanti Showcase for May 2017. I am competing in the 2017 Citrus Pageant and Model Search in Orlando in February 2017. I was just an extra on the TV show Underground in a featured scene. I have made back more money than I had to put into it.

This work is NOT easy. It definitely wasn't easy for me. I was a soldier. I wasn't personable. I wasn't a happy guy, but I learned to be. The more I learn to be happy, the more I actually am. I still don't have solid income, but I have ambition. I'm still working on my MBA, I'm writing a book and a children's book series, and I have a patent pending.

My Director told me day one, "You will get out of it, what you put into it." I practice my runway daily. I practice my monologues and commercials daily. I submit for work... DAILY!!! I will go far in this business, because I need and want to. You can't just show up, go to some classes, and think you, or your kid, will be a star. I've seen kids cut from the program because their parents came dressed, and acted, like tool bags. You ARE your own brand. If you can't be professional, then you don't belong.

For those who have done nothing but complain, most with a poor understanding of simple English grammar, where does the fault really lie? I hear all these scams about JC taking money. Yes, in every business there are some bad apples. Do I know any in JC? No. I do know that, as parents, this is just as much your job as the one you work every day. You can't be in it part-time and expect to see gains. You can't brush over contracts and transactions and think someone will hold your hand if you mess up.

To those who are considering a career in modeling and acting. If you think this is a scam because you have to put money into it, do you your research. Research how much acting and modeling classes are. Research what photo shoots really cost. Do the math and make your own decision. And for those who complained about the A,B,C grading scale. An "A" means you HAVE a portfolio. It means you've done professional work and had professional training. That's why you don't pay money and you go right into working. A "B" means you have little to no training or experience and that you believe you would do well if you did. A "C" means you have no chance. People who say they are a "C", get cut. Why wouldn't they. These individual experiences, good and bad, are INDIVIDUAL. Do your own research and make your own decisions. GOOD LUCK!!!

I am 15 years old and I have wanted to be a model for about 5 year. This past Friday I had a audition with the company. It was an amazing experience and I guess they liked me so much they gave me a call back this past Saturday. I signed with their company. I've only been there twice and I already feel a big difference in my confidence. Honestly they are so amazing, they do care about your hopes and dreams and they are there to help you achieve them. They are honest and amazing company and I can't wait to start working with them. Honestly it pisses me off when I see people on here saying they don't care about your dreams and they're just scams because they're not. They are an amazing company and I am so glad they gave me a chance at my dreams.

We use JC Modeling out of Columbus OH. Enrolled my 14 yr old granddaughter and will enroll my other granddaughter. We love it! It provides a great experience and provides a lot of learning skills, self confidence, etiquette, hair, make up techniques. Modeling and runway experience along with photo shoots, possibility of acting and modeling jobs. You are the ones that make the next step possible. It is what you choose to do with the opportunities and skilled learned. Thanks.

I was coerced into signing a contract to pay for modeling classes under the pretense that this was my only chance with this agency and if I didn't pay them right then and there I would lose this opportunity. I didn't have the money then and the manager told me he would just write my debit card number down and run it when I did have the money, but he needed the card number so he could "get me in the system" I was not informed verbally that I had three days to cancel payment otherwise they send it to collections. He also told me in his email that as a result of my non-payment I was committing a felony and they would pursue legal action.

As someone who has been passionate about modeling for so long, building up the courage to actually go after my dream was a big step for me. I was matched with John Casablancas and went into the open casting (which was free of charge), had some sample photos taken by an accredited photographer, and walked the runway in front of the other 30 or so attendees. I returned the next day with my mother to see about moving forward. JC is first and foremost a school, not an agency, and therefore classes were necessary. It wasn't that I did terribly at my audition, I just had never had any formal modeling/acting training, and they were there to polish me up and build that foundation to get my career started.

Now the classes broke down into one class per week for 20 weeks, ranging in education on how to properly apply makeup for different photo shoots, to runway training with Chelsie, to skin care with Jai, to acting, to resume building and job interviews. It wasn't cheap, the total cost was around $2,300, but it is reasonable, and there are multiple payment options, so it comes out to about $115 per session; and two of the sessions actually are full-fledged photo shoots. The most outstanding part for me was when the very knowledgeable and talented JC director, Greg **, encouraged me to go to a few castings for a hair show before I had even completed my program. I ended up booking two of the castings and getting paid for both jobs!

The payment aside, I went on go-sees, earned work experience for my resume, and since I was modeling at a hair show I got a fresh, updated salon-style hair makeover by top professionals in the industry FOR FREE. And it was a blast! I would recommend John Casablancas to anyone who wants to break in to modeling and acting and wants to do so with a solid foundation and a truly supportive team behind them. The knowledge I have gained from the people who teach at JC and have been in this industry for decades is truly invaluable, and I feel so blessed to have gotten the opportunity to work with them.

I registered my daughter and was going to move forward but change of plans due to finances. I talked to a representative who told me I can cancel and what to do which I did. It's a get over with the fine unclear prints in the contract and the 3 day time frame. When I called no one knew what I was talking about as I followed up and realized I never received my money. I feel they took my money of $150.00. My problem is my daughter never started. What did they do with my money. I know I'm not the only person this happened to. That's why they're rich taking people money! I am VERY upset and WILL NOT refer or go back to this company. I don't care how good the company does with working with people. What about the people they STOLE money from that they living off probably sitting right in the owner bank account. Be care when dealing with them. I took it as a loss and lesson learned. Trust God will replace it with more and also punish them!

I work with John Casablanca and I love it so much there. I'm naturally a shy person but being there really let me break out of my little shell.The teachers there are really nice but they do not put up with anything. I've made some good friends there. It's a great place for you to really get out of your little bubble plus they really do show you what you have to do to make it far in life.

I am 40 yrs old and have a daughter that is now 13 that has been a part of John Casablancas Modeling for over a year now. I had to have a part in a review. I feel a lot of wonderful talent will be missing out on an amazing experience due to some of the reviews that are posted. It saddens me to read such things that some has said about this company.

First, I want to get something out before I start. I live in Illinois and am in the medical profession. I began as a Certified nurses aide, moved on to L.P.N ultimately becoming an Emergency Medical Technician. All that reads this will probably ask, "What does this have to do with what you think of this company?" Well, my answer will be all in that which follows. Just read on!!

If you want to be a better you, in any shape or form this company is what you are looking for. Will there be money involved that you will have to pay? "YES" Just the same as I had to pay out money to get where I am at today in the medical profession. It didn't matter how small or big the class was or how much I learned in one day to the next. I still had to pay for the knowledge I was being taught. Some days was short some days was long but still had to pay the price if I really wanted what I was after. My dream, my goals etc. This being said, there are no places in this world you will go and get what you will receive from this company for free. YES, everything has a price. The question is, "How bad do you want to succeed, grow, accomplish, conquer, and win?" If this is things you want to do then John Casablancas Nashville is where you want to go.

You may ask, "Why Nashville?" This is where my daughter has been for her training. What has she gained?? Well, let me tell you!! She has become one of the many mature, hard-working, respectful young ladies I have ever been around. You say, "You would say something like that she is your daughter." NOTE: I said, one of the many! I have never in my life seen so many well rounded, amazing teens in my life until I took my daughter to John Casablancas Nashville. One of the best things is now my daughter is one of them.

She has accomplished much while being under the instruction of the center in Nashville. She is now a 4.0 student, who has accomplished receiving one of the biggest awards given by her hometown school (School being over 1000 students) (Citizenship Award). There is much criteria to be considered of being a recipient of an award like this. (This all happened when she was just 12 yrs of age.) She has landed main roles in plays that has been open to a whole community. This is just a small portion of the many things she has gained from being a talent at John Casablancas. She has currently been called by a director in Nashville for a part in his film.

As a parent I have been more than pleased with what my daughter has received from being a part of John Casablancas. I have seen many accomplishment that other talent has gained (all ages mind you) from being there. Matter of fact in the past year I have seen many move on to amazing things. My daughter's many accomplishments has been because we have taken a part of the program this company offers. I am more than excited to see where it is going to take my young 13 yr. old daughter next.

Do yourself a favor. Don't visit a company like this entering their doors with negative thoughts in your head because of something you read or experienced somewhere else cause that will only set you up to fail. Come with a positive, hopeful, eager attitude because that is when things will happen and doors will open for you, just like they did and continue to do for my daughter.

Hello. I was a model at John Casablanca back in the 80's and it has not changed at all. My girlfriend's daughter is going to try and be model, she is still trying to go through with it even after all the bad reviews. I had told her I wish her luck but you cannot tell someone that has stars in their eyes. We all know what they do when you get there but the first thing they say is look at the Better Business reviews and then talk about the bad reviews and say that other agencies pay people to write them. If I am in business and I know that I am a good company I am going to tell my customers about it but I know first hand and they are money grubbing place and they don't care about your little girl's dreams or boy and that is the most depressing thing.

I hope that will do what say and make good on all their promises but we know they won't. I know in my heart and I tried to tell my girl, she paid 1500 upfront and it bothers me because I felt helpless. If you are looking to get in modelling please don't go to Casablanca's modelling - they don't care. I hope that what I shared with you about this experience that I had, and what is going to happen in future. I hope that somebody that really and truly finds a modelling agency that will make all their dreams come true. Please save yourself money and despair by avoiding this modelling agency at all costs. It's not just the money that they get from you, they take your heart and soul and when you are a little boy or girl there is no amount of money that can ever replace the time or disappointment when it is over.

This company is a rip off... I was told I would have 24 hours to decide whether I would move forward for classes. They scammed me with the fine print, cashed my check, and didn't return my call until the 3rd day according to the FINE PRINT. I've been scammed... I'm a single dad and as far as I'm concerned they stole from me.

Don't get me wrong, everyone has to make a living. Strange enough, that's what was going through the back of my head when I signed up for JC and their classes in Tulsa. 2300 bucks for the "VIP" program of 30 classes. I was given a call in November to "audition" for this agency. Sure enough, I go in and audition. They gave me a "B" rating and the agency director told me that I was a model. Now, I never believed I was model material, but I've always had an eye and fascination for film and theatre. I've always wanted to be an actor, and believed that this agency would be a good stepping stone into the film/modeling industry.

What I didn't know, was how wrong I was. I took the classes and I can tell you firsthand that they are lackluster. The classes are unorganized, unprofessional, and the common sense lectures become quite predictable. They give you a monologue/commercial to memorize and train to master, as well as a Runway style to copy step by step (Which is completely out of style and OLD). I doubt that any real runway would have their clients do such a preposterous example. The classes are so basic and obviously pander to the delusional minds of the easily manipulated.

They tell each and every one of their students that they believe in their potential, yet don't make any moves to back you up. I do; however recommend this program to kids of youth (Grades 1st through 5th) to build confidence and an assurance about what to possibly consider as a career path. If you're any older, then consider this school, or as self-promoted "Agency" a scam. They don't work for you. They take money from you. They don't have any actual agents. The "agents" they have working there aren't in the business and probably wouldn't know who to call FOR a job. If you have acting/modeling aspirations, then apply for REAL modeling agencies/audition for plays. Don't waste your time with these twisted clowns.

I was contacted by a lady name Konnie with JC in Charlotte NC. I went in. I had a photo shoot & was told that if I didn't sign the contract right then and there, I would lose my opportunity to model for the next fashion show, and I wouldn't be able to do the head shots. I got scammed. I wrote NEA a letter to cancel & they say I still owe money after attending one class. I didn't like the class at all. I am now a model with agent I found & have posed for some sketcher ads & uniform ads. Please save your money people. Don't go here.

WOW, won't make that mistake again. Scheduled an interview, was going to go in, but my dad saved me an hour long trip from being wasted when he told me the reviews. I immediately called & left a polite message stating that I was cancelling. Later get a call from the girl who very snippily told me I should do more research and make 'big boy decisions' the whole time talking to me like I'm stupid. Told me that Yelp charges extra to post positive reviews. Well, every other site was showing consistency in negative reviews.

Normally I'm not one to do consumer reviews, but I've always had this dream of being a model, and when JC scouted me I was very excited. I get to the audition and I immediately leave because I'm not dressed how the others were. They call me back later that night to tell me that the talent scout was very interested in me, so I go back the next day for a one on one. It all went well, I was rated with a "B" and so they asked to sign me. At the time I was a college student with no job (this was actually very recent) and I had let them know that just chatting with them. I sit down to sign, the scout slides the paper over and the classes were about $4000 up front. I was completely blown away.

I came in with the notion that they would sign me and I would immediately start doing shoots and what not. I didn't know a lot about the modeling industry but I actually watched quite a few youtube videos today over the matter, and every single one said that if you have to pay anything up front, there is a 98% chance it was a scam. The modeling industry pays you, you rarely pay them, and if you have to it's typical for a photo shoot and it is nowhere near $4000, or even $68 once a week like the price sheet at JC displayed. I am so, so, so relieved that I never signed with them! I'm just hoping this review will help some people out!!

In 1986 I thought my 4 yr old daughter was precocious and pretty enough to be a child model. We eventually ended up at JC. After the first interview we never returned. They said they were very interested and to "assure" her future she would have to enroll in "classes" and pay for a photographer...their photographer. I told them if they were that interested in her then they front the money. Obviously their interest ended. It totally distresses me that thirty years have passed and they are still pulling the same act... When will this end?

Well, I made the mistake of paying $1495 to this company for my shy 12 year old daughter. I wanted her to have a great experience of the modeling world. So, I decided to pay for the classes for 6 months. Most of the time there was no class, they would sit around and do nothing. My daughter was suppose to have photos taken outside. It never happened. They always told me that the photographer was not available. We would reschedule and it didn't happen. Her photos were so unprofessional. I overpaid for classes that was not up to par with the amount. Teachers were so unprofessional. I do not recommend this place at all. They call to continue to have my daughter come in so I can overpay them. They are very rude rude rude. Do yourself a favor and hang up on them when they call for an interview. It's a waste of money.

I'd just started a new job & since I had every Saturday off, I thought I'd try this. I should've thought twice. I contacted this "agency" online. I received a call back the next day for an "audition." I went to the audition & was told that if I passed the audition, I'd receive a callback. Of course I received a callback. EVERYONE DID as I realized when I showed up to begin the classes. I could afford to pay for the classes so that wasn't a big deal for me. HOWEVER, there were a few red flags indicating this was not the real deal.

I'll start by describing some of the other "talents." Bad hygiene, bad teeth, bad skin. I'm not being judgmental. I'm only stating facts. This was explained that there was a market for everyone. Of course there is when they want your money. Most of the other "talents" could hardly read a complete sentence. Simply bad. These people wouldn't have even been successful in community theater. This agency (I use this term very loosely) taught us how to apply makeup. The makeup they gave me was crap & I actually replaced all of it which was no easy feat because I'm male.

Let's talk about the headshots. The photos were very good, but honestly they were no better than ones I could've taken (& have taken) myself with my iPhone for free. As I've stated, they were good, but one was so badly retouched that I complained. I looked plastic in it. They apologized & took another one. I had to tell them how to retouch it & specifically, what NOT to do. At the time when my photos were taken, I weighed 150 & am 5'10". I had no blemishes. My teeth are perfect. They're all crowned. I was 39 when I started, but I looked 29. I take excellent care of my face & body. As another reviewer stated, if an agency wants to use you, they do not ask you for money. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM!!!

My daughter went to JC back in 1998. Once these jokers told her that she had to lose weight. I told them where to get off. My daughter was 14 years old, and weighed 125 pounds. My Mother went on and paid for a few classes but my daughter had sense enough to know that they were a bunch of scam artist. I am too surprised to know that they are still in the Charlotte North Carolina area.

I just completed my callback with John Casablancas here in Tampa, Florida. Everything seemed to be on the up and up during my first audition, however when I went back today for the callback I met with a young woman and she informed me they rated me as a "B" and that they wanted to move forward with signing me but only after I completed their training program for modeling and film/television acting. She stated that JC was going to cover half the cost for the classes and I would have to pay the other half IAO $1995.00. In my head all I could hear was Tyra Banks saying, "you are the talent, you are what makes them money. If someone wants to work with you then they will work with you, do NOT give anyone a dime." Not to mention, what proof did I have that these classes were truly valued at $4,000.00???

The young lady continued and then pulled out a sheet with different payment options in case I didn't have the full $1995.00 today. The option listed at the top and was circled was one lump sum of $1995.00 or I could pay $320.00 today and then make payments of $67.00 per week for 30 weeks. I asked her to step out of the room so I could make a phone call to a relative to see if I could borrow the money, when in reality I wanted a moment to look at everything and make decision. I did NOT sign with them and then came home and read the horrific reviews and I am so thankful my gut instinct did not let me down.

In closing thank you to TYRA BANKS again for teaching me through ANTM the following: 1. NEVER pay anyone a dime to make you a model. If a legitimate agency wants to work with you then they will work with you, no questions asked as you are the talent and will make them money. 2. Anytime someone claims they need an answer right then or else your spot will be lost, walk away. Again, if someone wants to work with you then they will work with you, no questions asked. 3. Acting/Modeling requires hard work and dedication. If an agency leads by telling you about their huge success stories by way of pictures ONLY beware.

If an actor or model achieves fame by way of an agency 9 times out of 10 they will be happy to record a statement or have something on their social media thanking the agency for giving them their big break. If you cannot confirm any of the endorsements they're touting then move on. I have uploaded all of the paperwork I received during this process as proof I am not blindly disparaging the agency, just trying to prevent someone for getting "taken for a ride". Never give up on your dreams and always trust your gut.

I have contacted this agency so many times to comply and refund me back my initial down payment. I complied with the certified mail to cancel my application for my child. A true modeling agency would never ask you for money. Nonetheless, these people are rude and inconsiderate of other people rather they are low income or whatever their situation is. I complied within the 3 day window for my refund, and now I am having the hardest time to get back my 100.00. Can you guys be that hungry to steal other people's money? I wish I had never wasted my time with this place. Good luck to any of you trying to become something with this agency.

I decided to cancel my classes at this institution and in the contract it states, in order to cancel, they need a cancellation letter written and certified U.S. mailed to them and you should get a refund in 6-8 weeks. It has been 9 weeks and I STILL have not seen any refund. I have called to see what was going on and Mark, (the director) says they tried to contact me because my credit card information was not on my letter, which is BS because I am looking at my copy I sent them right now and it is on there!! I've been calling weekly and still no refund. I am about to open a lawsuit against this institution because it has been 9 weeks and they keep giving me the run around on my refund. They are not professional and cannot be trusted. If it were them needing the money, they would take it in a heartbeat but slow to give. I am not the type to ever write a bad review and I give people the benefit of the doubt, but this is beyond RIDICULOUS!!

Reading all of the previous comments and complaints certainly confirmed everything I've seen and experienced with JC... Unprofessionalism, rude, condescending, arrogant and lack of integrity are only a few works to describe what I feel about this "agency". Now, mind you, I have a pretty extensive resume in acting and comedy as well as training from some of the best casting agents and directors... Just to name a few: AMTC Graduate 2013, Barry Shapiro - Herman & Lipson Casting, Inc. AMTC/Brooklyn, NY, Dee Fat Doctor Ultimate Stand-up Comedy School Alexandria, VA, DC Improv Comedy Club

David Elliott - David Elliott of Don Buchwald & Associates - Acting Coach.

As I stated, just to name a few. This arrogant, Director, Tyler tells me, "you've had so much training I don't know what to do with you". Ok, shouldn't that be a great thing??? Of course not, it's because you can pull the wool over my eyes. And technically, I don't need them, they need me. I found it interesting how they were turning people away because they "didn't have experience" but here I am with a resume with tons of experience and he tells me "I don't know what to do with you"??? Really dude??

Then he proceeds to tell me that he thinks I would be a great Instructor!! Excuse me? So I asked him, "what made you come to that conclusion?" He started rattling of absurd comments like, well, "when you were here the first time, you were a little "Goofy!!!" Yes... I'm like, "I beg your pardon!" I remember very well the first time I came here and everything about me was professional and I was super encouraging to the younger talent, very humble and very respectful. Remember, I'm not new to this. I know the drill.

Tim, the blonde headed lady with the spiked hair and mixed match socks was super excited and applauded my resume and my confidence so I have no idea what was written in my folder but I do know that he was making up stuff to throw me off and seemingly felt offended that I questioned him. During my first "audition", I had braids, styled rather nicely I might add, but the lady Jill, Jan, whomever, who is no longer there by the way, told me "I COULD NEVER SUBMIT THESE PICS TO A CLIENT WITH THAT LOOK!!!"

Basically, my look was too ethnic! Honey, I knew at that moment that this was not the agency for me. Oh, not to mention that I am a voluptuous, tall, confident, radiant, African American women, with tons of experience... so you can understand why Tyler "didn't know what to do with me!" Dude is a joke. Promised to call me on Monday, February 1st... still waiting for the call. Now that's integrity. BUT, they want you to honor your word. UGH!

I left a little insulted at first but I realized that they knew they would not be able to pull the wool over my eyes and they also knew that I had the goods and they weren't able to offer me what I needed. I feel sad and nervous for anyone who truly has a desire to get into this business because "agencies" like this can destroy you if you're not prepared. Parents, DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE. THIS "AGENCY IS A JOKE".

I received a call from John Casablancas when I was 17 asking me to come in for an audition. When they called me a few hours after the audition they rated me a B (like everyone else I ever met there) and said to come in for another audition. Everyone who ever auditions gets to take the classes as long as they pay the money. When I first started, I was almost insulted. I was in class with some teenagers who couldn't even stand and read a script in front of 5 people. I knew I wasn't anything special to them at that point.

They "saw potential" in anyone with a checkbook. The instructors while some are nice are not qualified to teach those classes. One of them claims she is in Shawshank Redemption. I watched the movie twice after meeting her and she must be in the deleted scenes... They rave over the receptionist, Cassie, who was in the movie "Parker..." as an extra. For half a second the camera passes and you can very briefly see her in the background. Exciting, yes, but you're not a star. They had me audition for a New York talent tour and I made it along with 40 other people out of 600 who auditioned. It was $1500 to go, get a photo shoot in Central Park and meet with 9 agents. 5 agents said they knew exactly how they would use me. They loved my look, wanted me to come back in 6 months to sign with them and model for companies like Nike, Abercrombie, American eagle... etc.

The director of the trip, Maria, said that the agency would receive lists of people from each agent for a callback. To this day, almost a year later, they didn't receive them. I have doubt that some of those people were even agents. While it was a great trip with my friends from the agency and with my mom, shortly after getting back me and both my good friends that I met there left the agency. They both were signed with agencies and did little to no work. I chose to look for some work on my own and became closely involved with the REAL modeling community here in Columbus by walking as a finale girl for designer Kevin Black in Columbus Fashion Week and had the pleasure of working with Steven ** who scouts for New York Fashion Week.

I found more opportunity by looking on my own for work than being with this company. They want your money and truly don't give a damn about you or your dreams. Sure, they taught me some stuff but I literally could have spent less time and saved gas by just googling it. The most JC ever got me were two unpaid segments on Good Day Columbus, where yes I received exposure and gave me 5 minutes of local fame, but being on Good Day Columbus isn't going to land me in the Victoria's Secret Fashion show.

If you're looking for REAL agencies in the Columbus, Ohio area.. Heyman Talent and Sigal Models are actual, credible agencies in east Columbus that are truly looking for new talent and get people jobs internationally. But whatever you do, don't waste your time at John Casablancas because they are fantastic con artists who take advantage of those who have big dreams. Save yourself the time and humiliation.

This place is a scam! We went to an 'audition' where they made it seem very elite to be allowed but it seemed like everyone was offered some sort of program. I.e. everyone made the cut. So then the director Mark Ewing starts talking about all the famous people that have taken classes at JC. He said that Julia Roberts 'Auditioned' and was turned away three times before she finally made it. This turned out to be a complete lie. She never worked for JC. She was an Elite Model and her parents owned and operated an acting school. Also her brother is a famous actor, Eric Roberts. and he helped her get her first moving role. Also, the staff/'professionals' that teach the classes are very low end and we didn't consider them quality nor very experienced people to be teaching modeling and acting classes.

Finally the front desk staff, Natasha and Mariah are incredibly rude as is the Director. It's clear the education level is low there and you’re dealing with some very ignorant people. Also something they don't tell you is it takes about 35 - 40 minutes to check in before every session - so while you pay for and show up for your weekly 3 hour class, you actually don't get the full amount of class time since you’re standing in the hall for so long. And if you complain you are stonewalled. They won't speak to you or return your calls. We finally cancelled the classes halfway through their program and found a legitimate talent agency. Don't waste your time or money here. If you are serious about a career in acting/modeling spend the money on some quality pictures and go to a real acting school. Not this place.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

John Casablancas founded his self-named modeling agency more than 25 years ago. The company currently has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Milan, Tokyo and is present in other various cities. The company focuses solely on representing models and actors, and it provides training and instruction.

• Fashion based: John Casablancas has access to the best jobs in the industry because of its locations in the world's fashion capitals. This ensures clients have the chance to get the highest-paying jobs with the most exposure.
  • Board of Education certified: In many states, the agency is registered and certified with the State Board of Education, so it is officially recognized as a provider of education and instruction.
  • In-depth instruction options: The company does not simply offer clients basic modeling classes, it has many in-depth courses, including skin and hair care, portfolio development, how to work with photographers, television commercial acting and the business side of modeling.
  • Company reputation: John Casablancas Modeling centers have an excellent reputation because they were founded by John Casablancas, a modeling pioneer responsible for one of the most successful agencies of all time, which is Elite Model Management International.
  • High-quality instructors: The company only employs the highest-quality instructors who have a great deal of field experience in their areas of expertise.
  • Best for Aspiring actors and fashion models.

Compare Modeling & Talent Agencies