John Casablancas Modeling

John Casablancas Modeling
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.90/5

John Casablancas Modeling Reviews

Original review: April 11, 2020

Our experience has been totally different! My husband was called for an audition, he made it. The Director was very sincere and honest. You get what you put on. They send you auditions where they might think you are a good fit but after that it is YOUR JOB to put the learning into action. 500 people audition, if you are not picked it means you have to work harder and put into practice all you've learned and keep doing it. If you did your best, then recognize that people in this industry are very honest, maybe is not you, the Clients have a very set profile they want to follow and out of that 500 people, they found what they had in mind.

Not getting picked on an audition should make you work harder. For ex: I think that I can sing, my family tells me I do good (but they are my family), if I hear it from 10+ strangers or acquaintances, I would definitely think about it; if you only hear it from your people, they love you, they see beyond because they know you but a stranger doesn't.

College is gazillion times more expensive, you land a job and that's it. Everything that happens after that is part of YOUR EFFORT. You have to take responsibility and be honest with yourself. In JC, you invest in bettering yourself (don't think about fame, think about you are doing this because you want to grow some areas in your life...) Exactly like college, paid 50k (studying "my passion") doesn't guarantee I will land a good paying job or a job that relates to my career. It all comes down to me, applying the techniques I paid for in college. So people, chill out and stop looking for FAME. Work on yourself first and analyze your reasons for doing it.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

My daughter is just starting her journey into the modeling world at age 15. We had an audition this week with JC Langhorne. I thought their team was very professional, but most important, they provided honest feedback and critiques of the candidates. Do your homework on who you want to work with! The owners here have extensive experience in the industry. If you are just getting started, this is a great first step!

Get buying tips about Modeling and Talent Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I cannot stress this enough, YOU MUST WORK YOURSELF. The school is what you pay for. After you are taught and they see you put forth the effort you will be signed to the agency (separate from school). I filmed my first commercial yesterday. I am very happy. I am a working actor thanks to John Casablancas. All the negative reviews are from people who expect jobs and fame without the work. You go to auditions and you are chosen based off talent or look, not because of your agency. How is this even a question?

Original review: June 5, 2019

I'm new to the industry but John Casablancas model/talent agency and their staff really prepared me for this industry. This was a easy but firm coarse of classes which prepared me in acting, modeling, runway, commercials and more! I'm very excited for what Janet and her team has done for me and I look forward to what’s to come next! Thank you all for all of the opportunities I've been given through your agency. "Christopher"

Original review: May 21, 2020

I am an actor from NYC, and recently moved to the Philadelphia area. I have worked in the industry for years, and the people John Casablancas Modeling are the most unprofessional people I have ever encountered in this industry. First of all, they have you audition in front of everyone else in this online virtual cattle call. And then they rate you individually before the entire group. This is never done in the industry. Highly unprofessional. And some of the actors are kids! Your audition should be done privately. If the audition is online, then it should either be a one on one Zoom meeting, or done in a Zoom Breakout room, where it's just you and one or two other agency people. And you should be given feedback PRIVATELY, not in front of the entire group of actors.

I am a middle aged actor, and I auditioned with mostly kids and young adults. After reading the commercial copy, they rated me an A, and then told me I would be contacted by email. Then they just abruptly cut me out of the Zoom room. I never got the email, and when I inquired via text, I was just ignored. I can accept a rejection, but don't lie to me by saying say that I will be contacted when you have no intention of doing so.

I contacted John Casablancas, and informed him of the unprofessionalism of his team. He had texted me an hour before my audition saying he looked forward to meeting me (he never showed up by the way). So I texted him this message: "Hi. I auditioned on Tuesday night. I was given an A, and told I would be get an email requesting headshot and resume. Never got the email. Texted the agency back and got no replies. This is really unprofessional." And this was Mr. Casablancas' response: "Excuse me the email was sent and your texts did not come through. I don’t work for Verizon so maybe lose the attitude."

I never received any emails as promised. And if they didn't have my email, they could have texted me (because I had received numerous texts from them prior to the audition). Whether this was ageism or racism (don't see my demographic represented in their Instagram photos), I will never know. But it doesn't matter. As I said, I have worked in the industry in the NY metro area for years, and I have never seen such unprofessional conduct and been treated so poorly. My advice: STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS AGENCY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about John Casablancas?

Original review: May 13, 2020

This is not a good company. They do not follow procedures that they put in place or adhere to documents that they have you sign. The documents I signed stated that a partial refund would be issued if we decided to cancel before supplies were received. Now their company phone number does not work and they are not responding to emails. I would say RUN from this place. They accept everyone just wanting to take your money. Legal action seems like the only way to get your money back even though they agree to refunds. I feel terrible for the kids that feel they are getting recognized and have a great opportunity presented to them. That's just not the case with John Casablancas Modeling of Tampa.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

You are called and ask to come in and audition. The very first day they tell you they will ask for NO money. They get your Hopes up so you will return the following day just to be finally told the truth. If you PAY $3000 for classes then you might get a job. Totally a con!! Models and actors are one in a million. They just want your money. You will go the first day for 2 long hours and they pretend they want you back. The next day they drop the bomb and want your MONEY!! Believe it or not, people actually pay with the Hopes of success. Very sad what they do to a person's feelings. Why not be truthful and tell people you are just selling classes. That's the 100% truth!!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I have no doubt that they may be a good training facility, however my recent experience has left me with a terrible impression. We reached out to this agency because my daughter showed an interest in acting and wanted to pursue training for this. We met with Abbey and Mark **, signed a contract and paid $500 with the intent of moving forward. However after a few days, my daughter changed her mind and requested not to go through with it.

According to the contract we signed, if we cancelled outside of the 3 day cancellation period, we would receive a partial refund, which I accepted the terms of. I sent a postmarked letter requesting my partial refund, and my daughter DID NOT begin classes, I even spoke with Mark ** on the phone who advised that he had received the letter and the "Corporate Office" would review and take care of the partial refund.

2 weeks later, not only had I still had not received any refund, but I received a bill for $1970. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. When I attempt to call to get a number for this "Corporate Office" I am either told that they will contact me or the call is disconnected. My daughter has not attended ANY of the classes and we even have correspondence from the "school" confirming this.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Want you to pay 390.00 upfront then 80.00 a month for three yrs and then want 20 percent of anything you make. Don't want let you attend until you pay the 370. Will have you come over then tell you you can't go to class instead of calling or letting you know that. Don't fall for them.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Long story short, my daughter is a college student and was asked to come in for an audition. She went to Cincinnati, auditioned on September 16th and they invited her to attend the training classes. They filled her head with how great she could be and wanted to train her for modeling and acting. They then told her she would need to pay $4,400 or at a minimum, $370 down right then or no deal. She called me and told me what they had said and when I pushed back saying I couldn't pay that amount at that time they immediately offered to cut the down payment in half and to have us pay every two weeks for a year.

My daughter was very excited because of what they had told her so I said alright and they set up an automatic debit to my account. They told her she had until her first scheduled class to drop if she changed her mind and if she did we would get the $185 already paid reimbursed. Her first class would be September 28th, about 2 weeks after the initial audition, and after about 2 days she realized that she wouldn't be able to do this with her course load at college. She has been calling them at the number they provided, and had received calls from prior to the audition, 2 to 3 times a day since then.

There is no answering machine, voice mail, actually nothing at all. Every time she calls the number it beeps once and then hangs up. Since when does a reputable company conduct business in this manner, to me this has all the ear marks of a scam. I would tell everyone to stay away from this so called company, it is my opinion that they are just taking peoples money with no intent of providing anything to them. I find it very interesting that every review talks about how they were taken by this company but just recently a few reviews about how great they are suddenly appears on this site. I can't help but wonder who wrote those and even with them they still only have a 1.9 rating, again, my suggestion is to stay away from them.

John Casablancas author review by ConsumerAffairs

John Casablancas founded his self-named modeling agency more than 25 years ago. The company currently has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Milan, Tokyo and is present in other various cities. The company focuses solely on representing models and actors, and it provides training and instruction.

• Fashion based: John Casablancas has access to the best jobs in the industry because of its locations in the world's fashion capitals. This ensures clients have the chance to get the highest-paying jobs with the most exposure.

• Board of Education certified: In many states, the agency is registered and certified with the State Board of Education, so it is officially recognized as a provider of education and instruction.

• In-depth instruction options: The company does not simply offer clients basic modeling classes, it has many in-depth courses, including skin and hair care, portfolio development, how to work with photographers, television commercial acting and the business side of modeling.

• Company reputation: John Casablancas Modeling centers have an excellent reputation because they were founded by John Casablancas, a modeling pioneer responsible for one of the most successful agencies of all time, which is Elite Model Management International.

• High-quality instructors: The company only employs the highest-quality instructors who have a great deal of field experience in their areas of expertise.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team