3.9/5 (439 ratings)

About The Hartford - Disability

The Hartford is an insurance company that provides coverage policies for homeowners. As the only insurance provider endorsed by AARP, The Hartford offers discounted plans for AARP members. The company also focuses on community impact with its Human Achievement Program, which encourages volunteerism and education.

The Hartford - Disability Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Hartford - Disability?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Hartford?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Date 9/9/2021. I has submitted payroll copies as well as a July 13,2021 copy of off set deduction stated on the Advantage site. On 8/15-8/21 pay statement 340.46 was deduced from pay for the stated off set flat rate deduction of 340.46. This means the off set was paid in full. Yet deductions of 340.46 were taken out again on pay period 8/22/2021 and again on pay period 8/29-9/04/2021.Making a total of 680.92 more taken than was required. I have contacted my case work about this issue. 1st on 8/24/2021 then on 9/3/2021. Again on 9/7/2021 and as yet this issue had not been fixed or replied to. I would like to have funds owed to me paid.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

What this company gets away with should be illegal! My husband has been out of work with 2 surgeries for his back. This company took 14 months to decide to deny his disability claim after forcing the doctors to fill out the same paperwork over and over again bc they can’t keep track of records. The doctor and PT say he can’t go back to work right now but rest assured the experts at the Hartford say he should be just fine. My husband is one of the hardest working people I know. To watch him struggle just to get around and have the Hartford tell him it’s all in his head is heartbreaking! If he could work trust me he would be. Also good luck contacting anybody from the company. They will respond weeks if not months later. This company is a joke! Don’t waste your time and money on this company!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Do not use the Hartford for your disability insurance! They will take your money and do everything in their power not to pay when you file a claim. First of all they are completely incompetent. I have had to call twice a week since I went on disability to follow up on the things that they said they would do. If they say they will call you back something send something they more than likely have not done it. On a couple of occasions I was told that my paperwork had not arrived but when I inquired further I that my paperwork had arrived they just had not reviewed it yet. My therapist said everything that was asked for and more yet they denied my claim twice. My therapist sent an extensive letter outlining my depressive disorder and my symptoms which prevented me from working yet they still denied my claim.

The stress of having to continuously follow up on the Hartford and the status of my claim has aggravated my anxiety and depressive disorder. I am under extreme duress facing a divorce from my alcoholic husband, taking care of a toddler by myself and my brother passed away 2 weeks ago what more do I have to go through in order to get the disability insurance that I am due?! I am in tears writing this right now but I will get what I am owed!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

LISTEN AND LISTEN WELL-Do not use The Hartford! Not effective communicators and unfortunately are taking your money or your companies money with every intent not to pay out these claims! Please contact the Attorney General's Office and report them as soon as possible. Corporate crooks!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Over one month ago I had a severe reaction to new medication which also caused a psychotic break so severe I had no idea where I was even if I was at home. I am still recovering from cognitive and physical impairments. The representative will not return phone calls or messages. Customer services says they need more information but they won’t tell me specific information. I’ve made several trips to my dr to have them complete the same forms. The dr will fax them. I also email them and put them into regular mail. I have worked for my company for several years and I actually enjoy my job and look forward to getting back. I am 45 and have never had to file a disability claim until now. While this company gives me the runaround, I am stressing over whether or not my mortgage will get paid or if I should pay the electric bill or buy groceries.

Original review: May 21, 2021

I had an accident that caused a laceration with muscle, nerve and tendon damage to my dominant hand. I have gotten refusal to pay letters from them for the ER visit and the surgery. They are now denying another surgery to repair and correct what the first surgeon did not do.

Original review: May 3, 2021

Hartford LTD. Long Term Disability. I purchased years ago. When Covid hit I started spraying my bus with disinfect per my boss. Well from spraying like 5 times a day it injured my lungs. I tried to use my LTD since my Dr took me off work. They have harassed my doctor my Pulminary Dr. My Dr filled out all necessary firms but now they state he only gave 1 word answers. I dont recommend this insurance company. You will not get the disability.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

Having purchased the insurance through my employer I have been diagnosed with cancer. I’ve lost a kidney, and a portion of my bladder. I am currently going through treatments for my bladder for 6 weeks four times this year and The Hartford has refused to continue payments to me costing me $1,800 per month suggesting I go back to work at a meat packing plant during a pandemic. I am being gamed by this company and will continue to turn the screws until I am made whole.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

They don't pay. They harass your Dr. over and over again. Total scam, how can they be in business? Government or consumer affairs should go after them. You think you have insurance if you're sick, but you don't. Class action suit anyone?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

I faxed all the necessary paperwork on Thursday 12/10/2020. I called today. 12/14/2020 to make sure they received all the paperwork. I was told they received nothing. It is supposed to take 24 hours to show up. I have exhausted all of my finances. My hr Co worker even called them. And we both were told check back tomorrow. Thanks a lot The Hartford for giving me my 30 days of pay. Hope you all have a great Holiday. I'm trying to take care of my spouse who is a amputee.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

Traumatized by my experience with this company. Lost paperwork, empty promises, calls not returned, misinformation. Wrote CEO, and still did not receive anything even close to adequate or acceptable service. I have been sick with Long Hauler COVID for over 3 months, and suffer debilitating symptoms. Working with them was literally a Nightmare inside my already COVID Nightmare. They handle only my company's Leave; thank God another company handles the Disability - which was approved much more efficiently than anything with The Hartford. While I was sick, at times unable to get out of bed for days in a row, I needed to continue to call and follow up because they were unresponsive and continued to lose paperwork, etc. (BTW - I wonder where my PHI paperwork went...? Maybe a good question for a Lawyer...)

My recommendation: keep track of every single interaction, who you spoke with, what time, what day, what transpired. I did for nearly every interaction, and plan to send all of the details to my Fortune 5 companys' CEO once I am in a much better place health wise. They need to know what their employees are going through. I am back at work now, still struggling, but managing. Lo and Behold, one of my employees just went out on leave, and texted me the difficulty she is having with The Hartford - needless to say I was not surprised, and definitely advised her to keep records of all interactions, too. If you are having to go through this company for a leave or disability, I am sorry for you. Try to be prepared and advocate for yourself.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

After suffering injuries from a roll over car crash I received short term disability for almost 6 months. I returned to work with limited duties and struggled to continue working. I started missing work and leaving early suffering from head injuries. My HR team at work reached out to the Hartford and had my LTD claim opened and reviewed, after a month of paperwork the Hartford approved my long term disability claim and informed me of my benefit amount. On that very same day my employer terminated my employment.

Two weeks pass from my termination date and I had yet received my benefit payment. I contacted my Hartford rep and could tell something wasn’t right, they kept delaying me and not answering my questions. Finally I received notice that the Hartford reversed their decision and now denied my claim. I appealed their decision and was denied again. Now with no income and being a sole provider of my family of 5 things have gotten desperate. The most upsetting part of this was being told by the Hartford that maybe I should find a new career! Such despicable people work for the Hartford!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I had to go out of work 1 time in my life. I am 45 and have back pain. They approved me for my waiting week then closed my claim. I returned to work for 1 week then was taken back out by my spinal surgeon. Now that I will receive paid weeks from them they keep coming up with excuses not to approve me. If I could afford it I would try to not have to deal with the Hartford at all. They only seem to help professional disability cases. You know the every year kind of pros that every corporation has.

Original review: July 16, 2020

Hi, I have The Hartford and I pay for LTD. I have given them all they asked for and I was informed that they have determined that "their doctors" know more and better about me, than my PCP and my Orthopedic surgeon. Although my claim is approved, they have stopped paying me my benefit payment and have instructed me that I must contact my state Rehabilitation program and I must let them find and determine what job would be within my restrictions.

Original review: July 14, 2020

Having a stroke has been a nightmare, dealing with Hartford on short term disability has almost been worse. I have had to jump through hoops to get approved, now I'm having to "renew" my time. The stress of dealing with them is going to cause me to have another stroke, they treat you like a criminal. I didn't ask for this to happen to me. It's not like I'm faking a stroke. I should not have to keep filling out new forms. And they have absolutely no empathy. I am only dealing with them because it's who my work uses. If I had a choice I wouldn't use this company for anything. Short term disability is horrible as it is, quit playing with the lives of people who have valid health conditions!

Original review: June 12, 2020

They don’t pay, you need to fight for your money. I was told, "You worked in pain before. Why can’t you do it now." They had notes from two different dr “no work”. Still not good enough. Don’t use. They don’t pay!!!!

Original review: May 19, 2020

Whomever called from Windsor Ct ** who did not announce herself and then moved forward with yelling and calling me a liar should be terminated immediately. If The Hartford prefers to be corrupt and try and lie their way out of the obligation that they are assigned when taking money from a client then there are laws for that. I will be calling the Attorney General of Texas and Connecticut to file a complaint. You have denied my claim so I have turned this over to an Attorney to file for me. Again this disgusting foul human on the other end of the phone should be terminated and this email will be my review of the actions of The Hartford.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I see there is another post regarding a torn tendon and being temporarily disabled...I too just received a denial...I have paid out of pocket through my work (which is one of the larger employers in WNY) for years and now that I've been taken out of work for a specific timeframe to heal I was denied. Ironically, I bought a policy from AFLAC who approved my claim and I haven't had it as long as Hartford!...what's wrong with this picture??? I'll be appealing and giving them lots of grief equal to the pain I'm living with!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

I collapsed in a crosswalk mid- January 2020 and sustained injuries from the hard fall. I was admitted to the hospital via the ER and discharged over the weekend. The coming Monday, my PCP faxed a completed Physician Statement from The Hartford. Seven days after the form was received with supporting hospital records including abnormal EKG, regurgitation from a leaking valve in my heart, POTS, and a few other abnormal results, The Hartford assigns an Analyst who calls and explains that she’s processing the claim per the short-term policy.

In early February, approximately 2.5 weeks later, my employer tells me that The Hartford denied the claim and sent an email to them confirming this denial. When I called, on the recorded line, The Hartford told me it I had 2 claims under review: 1 short-term and 1 long-term. I asked why there’s two since it’s 1 incident and only 1 physician statement was faxed for 1 incident. No one at The Hartford returned my calls nor provided answers as to what was going on for days. In mid February, The Hartford conceded via email that it was a mistake made on their end while processing my doctors complete form and records.

The Team Leader overseeing the processing of my claim then calls to say that “stress and anxiety” are also symptoms on the January form that my doctor submitted along with fainting, and orthopedic injuries. The Hartford then sent mental health forms to be completed exactly 12 days (two more weeks after the initial processing delay) because they didn’t sent them in January or early February when they sent all of my doctors records requests and forms. The Hartford, however, complained that my therapist didn’t send records in early February per their request. When I asked for a copy of the fax they sent, and they sent it to me, I see that the complaint was dated 12 days before a record request fax was sent sent to my provider. Health providers aren’t clairvoyant and cannot send records 12 days ahead of a request to even do so. No one can.

The Hartford received the completed additional mental health form and then came back and said they required more information from my doctor and mental health therapist. Both providers completed the forms and returned them. While the forms were being completed, I had an MRI of my knee that revealed a partial tear of my MCL. By medical definition, this is a sprain of the knee. The Hartford disability website says sprain and strains are covered by their disability insurance. However, today 2/25/20, The Hartford did not approve the symptom. The MRI report and the treatment record from a top board-certified orthopedic surgeon was rejected today by The Hartford saying it’s not a valid injury. The policy says it covers sprains and a sprain it legally defined as a injury or tear of a ligament.

For the treatment of my heart condition, I underwent a CT angiogram and a tilt table test in early February. In addition to the irregular EKG, the tilt table revealed very abnormal blood pressures and pulse data and the angiogram revealed a large growth on my right ovary and 4 in my lungs (with no history, ever, of smoking—or second-hand). The cardiologist was concerned with the ovary growth and suggested that I have further testing to investigate it. The growth turns out to be quite suspicious via ultrasound imaging and my surgeons says since I’m post-menopausal, the chances of malignancy is much greater. I am to undergo surgery to remove the growth and Fallopian tubes.

I had an irregular abnormal ekg, abnormal growths in my CT, and a tear in my MCL, and The Hartford still has not approved the claim. My providers complete the additional info requests and provide results backing their recommendations and The Hartford keeps saying it’s not enough. It’s been 6 weeks without any income and I have no idea when The Hartford will stop their games. They continually demonstrate bad faith.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I was injured on the job in November 2019. I was sent to an urgent care for treatment on my lower back/hip. My initial visit I was treated by a Nurse Practitioner who told me my injury was due to a long term issue even though I'd never injured my lower back but was placed on light duty for 7 days. Four days later I go to work and begin experiencing severe pain. My HR manager sends me back to urgent care. The Dr. comes in, starts immediately apologizing stating the N.P. had misdiagnosed me but he didn't think it was vital enough to contact me and tell me. (At that moment I knew I was in trouble) He tells me I have Sacroiliac Dysfunction due to the fall. I receive a shot and sent back to work.

After 3 days pain is continuing to worsen. Work sends me back to the doctor and he just says it'll take time. I'm told it could be better in 2 days, 2 months, or even last years. I contact an injury lawyer to find out how to get another doctor. Contact my insurance adjuster who says give it time so I do. Every couple days I'd wake and couldn't even move enough to get outta bed to work. Would send me back (we're now at 2 weeks since injury) and finally doc says I can receive a very painful shot in my hip/back joint and it'll definitely cure it (why wasn't it offered earlier) so I agree.

One day of minor pain... pain comes back full force 2nd day. I return to the doc who says, "Well what do you want me to do...? I respond, "Is therapy an option?" He agrees to recommend therapy. After 5 days I attempt contact my adjuster... Evelyn... no response. 3 more days she calls and says I have a new adjuster since my claim had been escalated. She gives me contact info for a Zarisa. I call 8 times in 4 day period to no avail. The next day I get a call from physical therapist office saying I have approval for 3 days of therapy. Still no response from Zarisa. Finish 3rd day of therapy and they say, "You've got some major issue and we've not been able to get your back/hip adjusted. You need to see a specialist." This is now December 20th.

I go back to the doctor with the results and he responds, "There's nothing more I can do," and releases me! I begin frantically calling The Hartford and now Zarisa has a voice message she's out until after Christmas! So I go thru customer service and give a background on the situation and put in my request for a 2nd opinion (in my state it's a request for a panel of 4 which gives me only 4 options for 2nd opinion) and they give you a list of THE ONLY other approved doctors. I select a doctor, set up the appointment. Get there and they've no knowledge of my appointment. I'm absolutely livid! Try contacting Zarisa and don't get a response until December 30! She then tells me I have to give a formal request directly to her by mail or thru email... REALLY? I get her info while we're on the phone and send the email. I hang up thinking finally things are looking up.

The following day (New Years Eve) I receive an email with my options (WHICH ARE ALL URGENT CARE) and the statement she'll be out of the office again for days due to holidays! I rush to my job, select the doctor, fax the papers back. On January 3 I contact the doc office and they respond they received my info on the 31st! I ask when they can see me and was told since they're urgent care no appt necessary but no workers comp doc until Saturday January 4th. I go in. He sees me and instantly says, "You need an MRI. Your hip is over an inch lower on the injured side." Gives me ** and steroid pack and lowers my restrictions and says try going back to work. Hadn't worked since the 20th of December cuz pain was unbearable with no pay! I work 2 full days and the 3rd (also last day of steroid pack) I make it until 9am and pain is back. I go to HR manager and explain then go home.

January 8-10 I constantly call leaving messages for Zarisa and her manager at least 5 times a day each. On January 16, I get a call stating my MRI is ready for scheduling. January 21st is the date. Go for MRI and it shows major lower back issues. I call Zarisa to explain and get no response of course. Then on Monday January 27th she states they've received my results and there's issues need addressed. Finally... RIGHT? No! I email her what do I do about pay? She responds I'm limiting my own pay not going to work. No doctor has restricted me from working even though I didn't have a doc for weeks! She says follow up with the doc.

I go see him and he's puzzled why I'm back. I say I was told by the adjuster to come in... he says, "What for? I referred you to a back specialist because you need help that I can't give." I just stare at him confused as he is. He says, "You can't work in your condition." I say exactly and I'm not getting paid. I get an even more confused look from him. He says, "Wait, you aren't being paid?" I respond, "No. They said my doctor had to write me off." He proceeds to shake his head and write me off until the specialist agrees it's safe to go back. He forwards the info to the Hartford. She responds thru email that I'm now eligible for benefits. As of the 29th... here we are February 14th... still no appointment... still no check and I've exhausted all vacation personal time at work. I've taken out personal loans to pay my bills and I'm still in pain with no quality of life! I just want to get back to work and move on! THE HARTFORD is horrible and there should be some major repercussion for their business practices.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I wish I can give them ZERO stars!! I’ve been getting the run around for over a month now! I call my claim person almost every other day for updates and NEVER get a call back!!! “We need more information” is what I’m told by customer service reps, HOW MUCH MORE INFORMATION??? My doctor has submitted all medical records and because their clinicians clearly don’t understand medical jargon they’re asking for even more! Horrible, horrible, horrible company to deal with it!!!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I have a torn tendon in my foot and was out of work for two months. The Hartford Group has yet to return any of my calls to the representative assigned to my case nor their supervisor or even their supervisor. I have faxed, emailed, and uploaded the documentation they requested and still haven’t received a penny from them. If it wasn’t for my wife putting money away for something like this happening we wouldn’t have been able to pay our bills or have a Christmas. It’s now nearing the end of January and we still continue to leave messages to no avail. It seems if they can’t deny your claim they just ignore you.

Thank you to the reviewers that included contact information to the consumer affairs and the Dept that oversees Insurance companies. I’m calling them today to see if I can get any help. Our savings is depleted and I don’t want to have to start using credit cards to get through this month. I wish companies would do a better job of protecting the employees by cancelling their policy with this company. If enough of our companies would cancel the insurance policy this company would be forced to take a look at what is going on. Because we all know that if you hit their bottom line they will take notice. But if companies continue to send the big premiums they have no incentive to investigate our claims of abuse of power. I will update this post with the numbers mentioned above if they are helpful.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

The only issue I have is that when paperwork is faxed, they will tell you it takes 24 hours to update the claim online but for STD/office notes they don't update at all. They keep you in limbo on whether or not they got the paperwork because if you call, they will say they never received anything but then 5 days later the system will either say accepted or denied. They need to work on the updating process because it would make it much more easier to deal with rather than going back and forth with your doctor and them because they claim they have not received the paperwork.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Updated on 02/08/2020: Was given the runaround from very beginning. No problem with 6 months of short term but once the claim went into long term, it became a completely different company. The application took 13 days to go 200 in the mail? I don't think so. They held the application! This is unethical and illegal. Next they put this scumbag, Chris ** on the case. He lied about his position. This guy is some kind of manager they put on my claim to prevent it from going any further. He made several unethical remarks throughout the process. I was eventually denied after 3 months. He sent my records to an "independent doctor" hired to disagree with mine. They only do this when there's enough evidence to approve a claim, but they don't want to for monetary reasons. I'm sure this guy sleeps fine at night because he's a wicked piece of work. Karma is a **. Good luck Chris! Go chalk up another one.

Original Review: I began the process with an open mind, despite the horrible things I've read, only to have my suspicions confirmed. This company definitely behaves in bad faith, at least in the long term business. Over 2 months of stalls and flat out dishonest information. The decisions are likely mostly already made while in short term. The stalls are there to break the customer financially to prevent a successful appeal process. As a financial professional, I've never seen a company try so hard to "get off the hook". Employers are blind to it, as most claims don't exceed short term. In the meantime, this company continues to accept premiums with no intention of paying beyond short term unless the medical evidence is extremely overwhelming. This business needs some serious regulatory reform.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I submitted my papers for surgery in Oct 2019 for rotator cuff surgery putting me out of work until Feb 2020. The Hartford decided to only approve me thru Dec 17, 2019 which was my 2nd post op appt with the surgeon. Trying to get anyone to call back after numerous voicemail and messages sent thru website is just ridiculous!! I have had no payment from the Hartford since Dec 17th 2019. They have received all required information from my physician and still have yet to update the status of my claim not to mention they have not issued any further payments. This is an insurance that I pay for! I have exhausted savings to pay bills as I was using savings to supplement my disability payments. I have gotten no resolve on this matter and have filed a complaint with BBB!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

After a very serious auto accident where I was hit broadside by someone going 55 mph, I was left unable to work due to severe muscular/skeletal damage to my entire body. Broken back, damaged most organs, and many other broken bones and torn ligaments and tendons. I was left unable to use my hands for grasping items, and having 17 surgical procedures in 7 years along with numerous treatments to relieve pain in all areas of my body. I was a awarded social security disability.

After many years of constant requests to prove my continued disability, being repeatedly threatened with cancellation due to doctor's failure to provide documentation and and being deemed disabled by social security, Hartford cancelled my long term disability. There was never any documentation provided by them as to how they came to that decision.

I quit seeking medical help for pain management after having all those surgical procedures, requiring several more surgeries as recommended by Doctors, and losing my ability to use my hands significantly, losing my ability to walk safely (10 falls in 18 months, two resulting in severe head injuries) and failure to respond to any pain management solutions (I have tried 7 N.S.A.I.D. and have severe reactions to them, I was on opiates for 8 years but quit due to side effects and increased tolerance, and little actual pain control, have tried numerous other pain management meds such as **, **, **, and several others, over 50 various cortisone injections, spinal injections, nerve blocks, radiofrequency, and many many years of physical therapy) with little to no relief.

I am still deemed disabled by social security, but no longer disabled by a private insurance company. They constantly harassed me, required redocumentation every year, and forced me to sign up for social security, which I got due to being disabled, and then Hartford cut all payments to me once I started receiving social security, claiming that my son's social security benefits which he received since I was a single disabled parent, put my income over the amount required for them to issue any form of payment to me. Then they took the entire backpay award amount from social security and said I owed them every penny of it for them paying my benefits for that time period. Since being discontinued, I have become homeless, tried to work part time to get a place to live but had to quit work due to inability to perform duties required to work. And I was only trying to work 10 hours a week. Privatized insurance does what they want.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I had open heart surgery in January and needed Long Term Disability after the Short Term Disability ended in April. After two months, without any pay, they denied my claim as a pre-existing condition in June. A pre-existing condition is supposed to be when you had symptoms or were treated for a condition before your Hartford insurance started. The heart condition I had has no symptoms or treatment other than the surgery I had when I was insured, but my claim and appeal were denied anyway.

Now they won't pay a Short Term Disability claim l filed for arthritis in my hands. This is a new medical condition that started in late October, after I had been insured by The Hartford for almost. No one will even review the claim. They simply added it to old denial LTD claim for my heart and denied the new claim without even looking at it. I just reported all of this to my employer in case other employees are having the same problems. We'll see if that changes anything.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The Hartford insurance company terminated my LTD. I have been disabled since 2008, and I still am. In fact I am more disabled now then and will only get worst. But according to The Hartford, I can work. I appealed their decision. Their review determined that the termination was the appropriate decision. They themselves never contacted me or asked me any personal questions during the appeal. I never had a exam with a doctor. I am on SSDI. Which they said differs from their qualifications.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I have been on long term disability now for 2 years. I have had 3 spinal surgeries in the last 5 years. I have submitted paperwork 3 times now this year alone to continue receiving payout on insurance. This is just ridiculous to continue sending the same documents over and over.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

If I had the opportunity to turn back time and purchase LTD thru another carrier I would. I was awarded SSDI benefits and received the retro, which I am well aware of that I have to return it to The Hartford. They are making me pay back more than I received in retroactive. They are sending me to their occupational Dr despite all my medical reports and all of my records from over 20 hospital admissions within the last 2 years.

They have found I meet the "criteria" of disability but still have to see one of their specialist as if the 9 I already have isn't enough. They also didn't support my child for the past two years but yet want any retroactive I receive from SSDI for her. I'd like to know if I supported her with help from my parents/sister because what I received from LTD was not enough to even cover my bills. How do they figure my daughter's retro belongs to them??? It's understandable if I received a separate check for her from the Hartford then ok but I did not... So how is it that they have the right to take my child's money!!!!!

The Hartford - Disability Company Information