Fast Free Quotes

3. Car Insurance

Erie Insurance

Erie Auto Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.26/5

Erie Auto Insurance sells auto insurance as well as home and life insurance policies. The company is not an InsuraMatch partner. InsuraMatch can give you quotes for all 26 of their verified insurance partners in just 10 minutes. Call now to get started. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Fast Free Quotes

Start Saving on Car Insurance Today

Compare Rates

Erie Auto Insurance Reviews

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I have been with Erie for over 55 years and my family for 30 years prior to that. I guess I am too lazy to make a change. When we started with Erie we had an actual person for an agent who we would contact when we had a claim and he took care of it always to our complete satisfaction. Since his retirement my agent is an agency with no personal contact. If I call I get the next available agent, who ever that may be, who doesn't know me from Adam. You're instructed to contact the "claims department" who will satisfy your claim.

In 55 years we have had to file several claims, two of which were for deer and one turkey buzzard. All of the other claims were for accidents that were not our fault. The last one really stunk because the guy had no insurance at all and I was stopped in our car when he hit me and then lied about a witness that said I hit them and we had to pay a deductible. They also would not renew my property insurance on a rental unit in a certain neighborhood in the city. (Red lining?) No personal touch or loyalty to their customers.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I have been an Erie Auto and Home Insurance customer for 26 years. My son recently had an accident and now they are dropping me. So much for their so called accident forgiveness. Yes, my son was at fault, but I have paid them way more over the 26 years than the accident cost. I will be dropping Erie completely. No customer loyalty at all!!! What I once thought was a great insurance company, that thought is gone. Stay away from Erie.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I bought a brand new 2018 Nissan Rogue SL fully equip last year. A guy pull out from a stop sign in front of me and total my car.a year later. I tried to find another car exactly like it with all the same equipment my old one had, couldn’t find anything within a 50 miles. So I look at a 2019 from the dealer I bought my old one from. They gave me the new one at the same price as I paid for my old one. When I found out what Erie was giving me for the insurance value, I would had to add another $12,000. dollars to it.

They said they were giving me what my car is worth thru this company would determines what cars are worth. He sent me four car comparisons from my area. When I look up these cars they were nowhere to be found to see if they are exactly what my car had. I did online find a couple like my old car and they wanted about 4 thousand more for them. I don’t believe I got a good comparison quote. And they don’t want to hear anything about it. Signed, Loser.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Erie Insurance Company did a credit check without my consent at the time of my renewal premium. I spoke with a representative from Erie named Michelle ** and she stated that it was only a "soft" credit check. It does not matter whether it was a soft or hard credit check. My credit should not be checked/ran without consumer's consent. I am very upset with this and have never dealt with this before as I have been a experienced driver for years. Never once has my credit been check after each renewal. Legal matters should take place.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I had Erie insurance for 35 years. Then a storm with high winds and hail hit my neighborhood. My roof was damaged and the siding on one side of my house was riddled with holes. Many of my neighbors had similar damage. One home was totally destroyed by a tree. Our homes are 33 years old and there is no matching siding available. All of my neighbors are getting all new siding because there is no match. I am not getting all new siding because I have Erie insurance, according to the adjuster Erie does not care about matching. I was told to paint my siding. After 35 years Erie was not there when I needed them. If you have Erie drop it, if you do not have it don’t get it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Erie Auto Insurance?

Original review: June 26, 2019

I Have a Claim with Erie insurance. Their insurer was at Fault. The car was total loss. We have been without car for over week. They will give you the runaround. I have been calling leaving messages. Even with the Supervisors. They will not call you back. They don't care that you are a victim. And will leave you stressed. And suffering.

Original review: June 23, 2019

I was involved in an accident with an Erie policyholder 6-19 and the driver of the other car was at fault of the accident. It been three weeks and I was told to call Erie to give a recorded statement. No luck on that task. I received a letter in the mail last three days ago with an agent contact information. Several messages, No luck either. I contacted my insurance company once again for help. Was told that Erie reps have not returned their calls either. As of 6-21-19 Erie still has not given any good feedback of the issue at hand.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Don't buy their insurance if you plan on ever being out of their coverage. Was in a state they didn't insure. Still going round and round after they totaled the car out. Can't get the rental they promised me. Can't even get them to send me the information for the claim. Only speedy thing of this was they got someone to look at my car in 2 business days. Didn't even allow me the option to buy back the car (which at this point I don't want). Between flood and hail damage the car is getting worse by the day as the water it was in is starting to destroy the electronics on the car.

Over the weekend I lost a head light to a melted socket, yesterday lost a turn signal to a melted socket. A 2 tone horn only has 1 tone and the blue tooth module is shot. Then a windshield that is horseshoed around and getting worse by the day. But promised a call on Thursday and today is Tuesday afternoon. And if I call and try to talk to anyone but my adjuster they are useless and tell me I need to speak with my adjuster.

Original review: May 13, 2019

So we had a car break down and we went to rent a car meanwhile, My fiancé rented it under my insurance. She hit a deer a week later and Erie does not want to cover it because it was not a personal vehicle, because it was rented they won't cover it (after hitting a deer). So much for comprehensive damage. Erie = Schemers. Stay away!!!

Original review: April 30, 2019

My wife and I have had Erie insurance for decades, and my parents also had them for decades. We filed this one claim on our RV for water damage due to the seal on one of the tips outs leaking on the floor causing the wood in one area to rot, and they won't cover it. We were told it was due to the seal was old. The adjuster never even looked at the seal. The camper is a 2006 and has been very well maintained. Why would we have been paying for insurance that includes water damage if they come up with an excuse like this. Very poor insurance company. We dropped them immediately. So they lost over 1,800 dollars a year from us over one claim. We haven't had any claims in 10 years or more. Would not recommend this scam company to anyone. Woman in charge of claim was very rude and unprofessional.

Erie Auto Insurance Company Information