3.8/5 (42 ratings)

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

About American Family Life Insurance

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

American Family Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Family Life Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Family Life Insurance?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

My agent is wonderful at keeping me updated on what is best for me and my family. I have been with American Family for many years and I recommend my agency to others because of the personalized service I receive.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2015

Even though we have been fortunate enough to have not needed our agent was very helpful. He explained different policies and rates for each. He gave us suggestions but let us make the decision ourselves.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

I have a $5000 life insurance policy with American Family, which I took out in 2006. The agent for American Family explained the policy to me and the price was very reasonable. The company has been very easy to deal with!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2015

Company is very customer conscientious and willing to explain in simple terms your options and benefits as far as your choice in insurance. Always outgoing and willing to help and answer customer questions and address customer concerns. Also, provides a face to connect the customer with the company.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2015

Quick and easy application process done in person at my agent's office. Representative came to my job for the physical. Premium is deducted out of my account automatically each month. I receive an annual statement in the mail.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2015

I carry life insurance through work and MetLife is the provider. It was reasonable for the rate however the only issue is I leave work I get nothing for what I paid into it.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2015

American Family is a great company. I have never had any problems with them. I have my life, home and car insurance through them. They are really nice and helpful. They are quick to answer questions to get you the answer you need when it comes to insurance.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

Been with them over 20 years. Rate increases are reasonable and we've had the same agent. He sends Christmas and birthday cards and calls on a regular basis just to see if we need anything. The office staff is personable and always knows how to answer my questions. We've never had to make a claim, so that could alter my opinion, if that ever happens.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2015

They have had consistent prices, are transparent about the policy and I'm satisfied with the amount of coverage. I also was satisfied with the notarization process for my beneficiaries. My agent (who I've been with for 20 years) explained the process, as well as the policy, very thoroughly and answered all the questions to my satisfaction.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2015

Not a lot of contact with them. My premium is the same every month and is paid automatically. If I was younger I would have a policy that is worth somewhat more. Not going to make any changes at this stage of my life.

American Family Life Insurance Company Information