Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

179 Richmond American Consumer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I am really surprised with the lack of quality and work by Richmond American Homes. The contractors are not consistent and the work between each home in the same development varies. The builder came across consistent issues with multiple door leaks and did not correct them in all the homes. Instead they wait hoping the homeowners do not see or report any water leak issues. I have standing water on my roof which in their warranty says they will fix and they have not. I have major issues with the subfloor and hardwoods and the hardwood inspector, hardwood installer, and framing company are pointing fingers at each other and they will not fix it.

The waterline to my HVAC/dehumidifier never was installed and attached. The service person is really wonderful but you can tell he is overworked and not able to stay on top off ALL the projects that need to be repaired. Communication is really bad. The workmanship is poor and inferior product used by the builder. Richmond is cutting a lot of corners. This warranty is costing me a lot of time off of work, headaches, and my issues are still not fixed. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I am filing a lawsuit against Richmond. They are liars, cheats, and have no integrity. The sales Vice President Michael Frenchy and Todd ** are liars. I have cancer, and ever since I started with them a year ago it’s been a nightmare. I had a Paxton model built in Anthem. First when they found out I had cancer the games began, I was told by VIP mortgage that I needed to open credit cards to increase my score only to find out that is the last thing to do. Austin ** was working with a friend having her do things only for us to find they were making it worse.

When the VP found out in May that they lied he said he would hold the home until I found someone. Once again I found Derick ** of Prime Mtg. All was ok until closing, I paid for an appraisal only to have wasted my money. Derick had gotten with Todd and they told him if he got rid of me they would give him more deals. I found this out from a Richmond employee.

Long story short, I have been scammed and have papers to prove it. When I asked for my papers back, I found my morphine prescription in the papers from 2 mts earlier. If Derick had been working on these papers he would have seen this! I had to suffer a whole month! They pulled the house from me, even though I was ready to close but would not give the 3-day disclosure rule! Frenchy called and was so mad he was harassing my friend to tears! Said the only reason he ever helped me was to cover his butt! I am going to file with the court next week! I am a disabled veteran with cancer! When someone pulls away from you and won’t shake your hand because you revolt them because you have cancer, that shows what kind of people are Richmond American. Stay away from them!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

So I recently lost my earnest money with Richmond American Homes. After sitting down with the sales rep and walking the model home asking many questions about standards included in the home, we decided to sign a contract. We were not shown any of the standard gallery options offered by the builder, however, the standards we were told in the model home were not the case. When we went to gallery, the options we thought were standard were not, and was we selected the things we wanted, they were extremely overpriced. About 38,000 overpriced.

After conveying our thoughts to the sales rep, we were told they'd see what they could do for us. 10 days went by no call or answer on the price of the home. Management is unreachable, answers will take days to receive, Richmond is not about the customer but rather themselves. Management admitted that the price we signed at contract was deceiving, however they are not willing to give us our earnest money for their mistakes on misleading my family and I. Stay away...

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Richmond homes come with a high price, but they are not quality homes. I have had most of my brand new home upgraded by private, quality contractors. Without exception, every one has commented on the shoddy workmanship and inferior product used by the builder. Believe me. They cut every corner they think they can get away with! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Worst experience for first-time home buyer! Nothing but issues from giving earnest money to closing day. Lied to countless times, communication is terrible, and things still un-repaired for closing day. They will always tell me something will happen in "X" amount of days and it doesn't. They only tell you what you want to hear. About 3 months before closing they cut a vent hole on the wrong side of the room in which the superintendent said he will patch up. Nope, never did. To make things worse, the carpet guys laid carpet right over the hole! I checked again during walk-through and superintendent was nonchalant about it like it's not big deal. It could of been a big trip hazard!

3rd day of moving in, I found 2 leaks in the roof in which one was into my master bathroom! I have emailed and called the warranty department and they refuse to return my calls/emails. Have major electrical problems in the home that has not been addressed. GFI's keep tripping and we have nothing major plugged in. Radon fan has been off for unknown number of days because GFI's keep tripping and sometimes I'll get locked out because my garage to my GFI will trip!

The only time they will contact me back is when they are around in the area and will just swing by randomly when they want to! On another note, they want me to shut off my sprinklers because my water is "flooding" the house they're building next to me! It's their fault they designed my landscape with a huge slope! Also during construction, they cracked my driveway and back patio. They said best they can do is seal it up! Do not buy from them. They talk the talk and don't do any walking. Once you close, you're on your own! I can go on but the bottom line is, avoid Richmond.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Richmond American?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I have a dear friend who is buying a RA home in the Arroyo Norte development in Anthem, AZ. He has had nothing but problems. He has been lied to, jacked around, made a fool of and has been discriminated against due to his health status. He has bone cancer. Richmond American pretended to care, but were convinced that he was either going to die or was an unqualified buyer. Each lender that they sent him to found bogus random reasons why they couldn’t fund him. He found an independent lender and was qualified but now they won’t even let him into the house without supervision, regardless of the fact he is under contract and they have his earnest money.

Their management, to put it lightly, leaves more to be desired and their professionalism is severely lacking (irregardless of the fact that he has been in the business for, as one put it, “over 18 years”). Having the last word and being a right fighter seems to be of the utmost importance to these people including Todd **, assistant to VP of sales in the Phoenix Division. I recommend highly that you run far away from these people as they cannot be trusted.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Do not ever consider Richmond American Homes for a new home! Once they have their earnest money you're screwed. First the site superintendent insulted my wife by saying he "knew her kind" when questioned about warranty work should it need to be done. He told her she would be put at the bottom of the list if she became a problem. Then the driveway was broke during truss delivery and a second area broken a few weeks after that. Their solution was to cut those areas out and refill it back in because that is an industry practice and standard. Despite the CEO saying in their management statement they do not believe in mediocrity and strive for excellence, they fail miserably. This doesn't include all of the dismissive responses to questions (not ever had a house built before) and then the sarcasm when we seek out our own answers to questions they refuse to answer.

They got real angry when we contacted the city to get copies of what had been submitted when they danced around questions we had about an in-ground basement foundation being poured five feet above grade. Completely disgusted. If we could back out now we would but they want to keep the 30k we put down. No attorney we have spoke to will represent us and I find it funny the last one offered his condolences when he found out we were buying from Richmond American Homes.

Original review: July 5, 2018

We had a host of issues that moved to warranty following settlement. Two most important issues included replacing our oak stairs and railings because the incorrect stain was used and replacing the slider with the one we purchased. After several months of having to prove the dark stain was not the stain we selected at the design center, RA Homes agreed, it was incorrect. Their solution is now to replace the railings, but sand and refinish the stairs... not acceptable given we purchased new, not refurbished stairs - we paid a lot for the upgraded option.

Also, they replaced the slider, but left it unfinished inside (drywall not yet repaired and outside siding not replaced). I continue to submit requests for warranty work and they respond by sending the most recent Warranty work PM to visit, but not commit to completing the work in a manner that meets acceptance. In addition to the issues above, we have opted for an upgrade granite countertop that is not level... and they responded it meets their acceptable level of imperfection. We spent a lot of hard earned money on this home, and would definitely not recommend RA homes to anyone... find another builder!

Original review: June 25, 2018

DO NOT BUY THEIR HOMES EVER. STICK TO A COLORADO SPRINGS BUILDER WHO CARES... To date no repairs have been done on my home and we have filed lawsuit just to have Richmond be awarded lawyer fees. They are a first class joke of a company who takes advantage of people. So if you are in the Peyton, CO area do not buy garbage.

Original review: June 23, 2018

My experience with Richmond was terrible from the moment I put down my earnest money. The financing portion took forever. I ended up spending 5 nights on my son's couch because they couldn't get their act together and get the financing done in a timely manner. Several things had to be re-done - the tile in the bathrooms was extremely crooked and had to be torn out. The grout was never the right color. They tried to use some sort of permanent marker to change the color - it's still not correct, but I gave up on it. They built a wall where there should have been a stair rail and had to tear that out. The gutters were installed incorrectly and had to be re-done. The floors had to be torn out and re-done due to the fact that they forgot to put drainage under the house and there was basically a lake under my house causing the floors to lift and warp.

Finally, there was a crack in the drywall. They repaired it 3 times, but it kept coming back. Now, the repair looks worse than the crack. I am being told by the company that I will always have an issue with that area and they are not going to do anything more to fix it. Had they told me I would always have an issue, I would never have bought the house! Several of my neighbors have all had similar problems. At this point, I would like to just sell the house and move, but am considering a lawsuit. Bottom line...Do not buy a house from this company. They are the worst.

Richmond American Company Information