4.3/5 (28 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Priority Home Warranty

Priority Home Warranty is a home warranty company based out of Miami, Florida. The company's policies cover normal wear and tear on appliances and systems in the home. Customers can select and customize one of three plans; Systems, Appliances or Total Home Care. The company offers speedy claim filing online or by phone, real-time tracking of claims through a convenient customer portal, and a 24/7 customer service. Priority Home Warranty currently offers service in 27 states.

Pros

• Comprehensive list of add-ons
  • Easy-to-use customer portal
  • Real-time claims tracking

Cons

• Not available in all states

Bottom Line

Priority Home Warranty has straightforward plans for many of the systems and appliances homeowners want covered. Personalized online quotes are available, and plans come with a 30-day full money-back guarantee and a 90-day workmanship guarantee on all claims.

Priority Home Warranty plans

Priority Home Warranty offers three home warranty plans: a systems-only plan, an appliance-only plan and a combo plan. Here’s what each plan includes:

Systems Home Care
  • Garbage disposal
  • Kitchen refrigerator
  • Oven/range/stove
Total Home Care
Total Home Care covers all items under Systems Home Care and Appliance Home Care, plus garage door openers.
Add-on coverages
  • Sump pump
  • Tankless water heater
  • Water softener
  • Well pump

Priority Home Warranty has a liability limit of $1,600 per item per year for most covered items. This includes the item’s access, diagnosis, repair and replacement. Plumbing and electrical systems, pools and spas, well pumps and sump pumps have a $500 limit within 90 days of the plan’s effective date.

All policies start 30 days from the day of purchase. You can purchase any one of these plans regardless of the age of your systems and appliances, and Priority Home Warranty does not require a home inspection. The company also lets you choose your own contractor, though you must give prior notice so it can verify the contractor is licensed, bonded and insured.

Priority Home Warranty cost

Priority Home Warranty allows you to purchase monthly, annual or multiyear plans — multiyear plans provide the best value. You must request a free, personalized quote for pricing because rates vary depending on home size and location, but Priority Home Warranty does say pricing starts at $1 per day. You can receive a quote online or by calling the company's toll-free number.

For reference, home warranty plans tend to cost $25 per month to $50 per month, with a discount if you pay upfront for a full year of coverage. As of publishing, Priority Home Warranty states on its website that those who call in can receive 10% off any plan and three months free.

Priority Home Warranty exclusions

Priority Home Warranty covers certain items when they break because of normal wear and tear. If covered items break because of human misuse or a natural event, Priority Home Warranty does not cover the repair or replacement.

Like most home warranty companies, Priority Home Warranty has coverage exclusions, such as:

• Samsung appliances
  • Thermostats and thermometers
  • Routine maintenance
  • Improper installation
  • Failure due to insufficient maintenance
  • Professional-series, professional-grade, luxury, high-end, or premium appliances like KitchenAid and Miele
  • Electronic, computerized, smart, or internet-enabled components and parts

It’s important to carefully read your agreement to ensure you have the coverage you think you do for the items you’re concerned about.

Priority Home Warranty FAQ

Does Priority Home Warranty have a limit on repairs?
Yes. Priority Home Warranty’s limits for access, diagnosis and repair or replacement are generally $1,600 per covered item per year. Septic pumps have a $200 limit. Some other items have reduced limits within the first 90 days of the program’s effective date or the first 120 days of purchase.
How long do I have to wait before I can use my Priority Home Warranty?
You can request service 30 days after purchasing your policy.
Does Priority Home Warranty let me use my own contractor?
Priority Home Warranty lets you use your own contractor, although you must give prior notice to the company so it can verify the contractor is licensed, bonded and insured.
Does Priority Home Warranty require a home inspection?
No. Priority Home Warranty doesn’t require any home inspections or maintenance records to sign on. It also won’t refuse coverage because of your home systems’ or appliances’ age.
Can I cancel my Priority Home Warranty policy?
Yes. Cancel before your first 30 days of coverage to get a full refund. You may also cancel after that and receive a prorated refund for the amount of time left on the policy minus the cost of any claims paid and an administrative fees.
Does Priority Home Warranty have a workmanship guarantee?
Priority Home Warranty has a 90-day workmanship guarantee. If an issue arises within 90 days after a repair, the company sends a contractor to fix the problem at no extra charge.

Is Priority Home Warranty worth it?

Priority Home Warranty is a reputable warranty company with good appliance and systems coverage under its main plans. Its list of optional add-ons makes it a good company for homeowners who need a customized plan to cover a pool, well pump or similar system or appliance. Satisfied customers who left reviews on ConsumerAffairs praise the company's customer service and user-friendly customer portal. We also like that PHW offers Live tracking for claims, user friendly online customer portal and backs its work with a 90-day workmanship guarantee.

Priority Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priority Home Warranty?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Priority Home Warranty?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

We had an issue with our refrigerator. We had the icemaker replaced. There was a part that had to be ordered. It took two days after I initially filed the claim. It was a bigger company in the area. The techs were real nice. They were respectful and didn't make a mess. I like the customer service of Priority, in general. I have a dedicated team that I speak to. If my wife calls in, she's not speaking to 20 different representatives. It's usually the same five. Overall, I like the speed of everything. I've had a smaller issue with the garbage disposal with another company that took two and a half weeks and that was a nightmare. I had somebody come and install the garbage disposal three times. My experience overall with Priority has just been pleasant.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I was contacted by Priority Home Warranty in efforts to show me how to use the online customer portal. I must say I’m am extremely pleased with how easy and user friendly the online portal is not to mention the fact that Marcus took the extra mile to spend 20 minutes on the phone with me to guide me while I was in my account. Excellent customer service and online portal.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Their sign-up process was okay. The guy was really nice and seemed to be knowledgeable. I wasn't ready to sign up to start with, but then it started sounding better and better. I went ahead and signed up. I've had a couple of things go out and the house is getting older and that means the stuff in it is too. I thought we might as well because the last thing I had that went out was my tankless water heater and that was $4,000. I decided I should do something in case anything else goes out. I know several nurses that have plans and they're happy with theirs. I felt it was comfortable.

Original review: July 11, 2021

When my septic system was backing up, Priority Home Warranty denied the claim because they said it was a preexisting condition. But what they did to maintain my business was that they sent me a $100 check for the repairs and they said they were going to reimburse me my deductible. I have not seen that reimbursed yet, but I have received and deposited the $100 check that they promised me. They're going to be a good company to work with being that they are so amenable to what goes on. They sent somebody out quickly although he wasn't able to proceed with the repair. But he was nice, respectable, and professional. Overall, Priority Home Warranty is worth the price.

Original review: July 7, 2021

I had coverage with another company and I was very disappointed in them. When the Priority salesman called, I was reluctant and I told him I was not interested. He offered me some discounts - like the $60 on a service call from $75 - and I took it. We had a garbage disposal go out and I called about that. We got a response very quickly and rather than send the man out to fix it, I was offered a sum of money to buy a new garbage disposal. It worked out well.

Original review: March 3, 2022

Manager followed-up with positive resolution. I appreciate the effort in positive resolve and professionalism. Shawn was very nice, multiple follow up calls, extremely pleasant, and thoughtful. Great!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Home warranty warning! Priority Home Warranty seems like a good company, but their business model is very deceptive. They tell you everything is covert with no problem, but that’s not totally true for older equipment or parts of equipment that has been repaired after a home inspection. If a part of a unit is faulty it all becomes faulty, and they will not cover the repair but give you money towards the repair. My repairs was $1,700.00 and they would give me $150.00 for the repair, this is not why I got insurance.

Another problem is the fee. My policy started on 01/03/22 and I call for service on 01/04/22 on 01/05/22 they ask for my home inspection, on 01/08/22 they tell me I am not covered. On 01/11/22 I find a company that will cover my older equipment and cancel the policy, the charges from this nonservice were as follows: $50.00 cancelation fee, $60.00 serviceman fee even though no serviceman came out, and a $53.00 pro rate (which is a month and not 10 Days that I use the service). In short you can buy this policy $640.00 and use it for 10 day then ask for service and they can tell you go go suck an egg and you will owe them $163.00. But if you have utilities that have a two or more-year warranty, they would love to have you. For these reasons I will tell everyone “DO NOT TO USE (Priority Home Warranty). It is not worth the money.”

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

I do NOT under any circumstances, recommend this company. At all. For any reason. After submitting a claim for a broken heater on a Saturday, I was told I’d get a call within 24 hours. The call never came. I called customer service who told me the person I needed to speak with would “call me back at their convenience”. When I mentioned that I had not gotten a call within 24 hours, as stated in the contract, she told me I should “mention that to” the person that calls me back.

I received a call on Monday (after filing the claim Saturday) and was told nobody could come out until the next day. I couldn’t wait because we had no heat for almost 2 days and called an HVAC tech. After the diagnosis, I was told by priority that “it takes 10 days for an inducer fan to go out (HUH!?!?) and that would have been in our 30 day waiting period. They called the motor breaking preexisting s because they said it would have been in the process of going out which makes zero sense. So I would not recommend this company because I paid over $800 out of pocket.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I like the rates of Priority. We're first-time homebuyers, so we needed something that encompassed a little bit of everything and was very well rounded, but was also at a reasonable price. You can't beat a $50 deductible from what we did our research for and 450 for 14 months is also great. In terms of customer experience, it's been good and bad. One guy kept calling us and he was relentless about getting us to sign up that it was very annoying. Once we signed up though, it was great.

We also had another issue where our seller in our contract was the one that was going to pay for the year of the home warranty and we needed an invoice from Priority so that the seller can write the check. But the guy that we had been speaking to kept saying that we couldn't get an invoice until we paid, which didn't make any sense and that was extremely frustrating. But we finally got it situated because I spoke to someone else and they were able to give me the invoice without a problem. Half the time I've spoken with them, it's been great. The other half, it's been frustrating.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I was looking at their website and it seemed good. The customer service person was good too. His whole presentation was good. I liked the way he worked with me, making sure I had good information. I would recommend Priority. It’s good when you’re buying a home, to make sure if anything happens, that it’s gonna be covered. You have to be able to get it fixed.

Priority Home Warranty Company Information