3.5/5 (44 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About NuvoH2O

NuvoH2O offers carbon filters, micron filters and salt-free water softeners that prevent scale buildup. The company offers two different products for homes of different sizes and uses a salt-free water softening system. NuvoH2O is a good choice for consumers looking for drinking water as clean as you expect from a water bottle.

Pros

• No salt needed
  • Combination discounts
  • Softens water

Cons

• Must change cartridges

Bottom Line

NuvoH2O has three products in its lineup that soften water and improve the taste. The products are salt-free, but this means they require cartridge replacement.

NuvoH2O Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NuvoH2O?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NuvoH2O?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

If you are looking for a company with normal to good customer service? This company has the worst customer service I have ever encountered, I have 40 years in contracting and these people just don't get it! I waited 7 days for an answer to a leak in their equipment, I had to call every day, finally reaching a customer service representative that didn't have a clue about anything. He had to talk with another person with more insight to my problem. To this day I have never heard back from them on my issue. They may have a good product but their customer service is sad.

Dear Mr. Hale,

We are sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with our customer service team and I have personally reached out to our team lead to have them contact you to address the issue. You may also contact us at info@nuvoh2osolutions.com

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

This unit left hard water stains on our showers, toilets and spots on the dishes. I called to try and return the unit but was told I was past the 90 day return policy. All I am asking is that I don't have to make any more payments and I won't have to make negative comments about the product.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

My husband ordered a NuVo yesterday without my knowledge. He is an older cancer patient and has some diminished capacity. When I realized what he had done, I spoke with very kind and compassionate representatives who listened to my predicament. Not wanting to embarrass my husband over making this error in logistics and timing, I needed to cancel the order. I received a call from the Director of Sales, Derek ** who was extremely thoughtful, patient and understanding about my current circumstances. He offered me several options to fit my needs. Although I do not as of yet have a NuVo H2O, I will certainly order one this summer when I believe we will be better prepared to install their system. I received excellent service and a very compassionate act of kindness from the staff at NuVo H2O. Thank you again.

Susan,

We strive to give each and every customer the best we have every single day. I am truly sorry you are going through these tough times. I am happy to hear that we were able to take care of your request in a timely manner, and we look forward to serving your needs in the future.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I replaced my salt rejuvenation water softener system with the NUVO h2o system last spring. The water source is a water well in Ontario, Canada. The well water tests by the health department as free of any biological toxins. It has high hardness numbers. The system installation is easy to install. From day one the Nuvo h2o system has not removed the hardness to the same level as the Salt system. The toilets do not stain with iron but the dishwasher requires more detergent to keep it and glasses sparkling.

Dear Peter,

We want to sincerely apologize for your negative experience with your order. However, we'd like to learn more about your situation and what exactly happened. We want to make things right. So, please give us a call on 877-688-6426, extension 9036. You can also email us at info@nuvoh2osolutions.com and we will get back to you promptly. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you in this matter.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I ordered the filter and the softener. No one would install the product where I live as they sold and serviced their own products. No plumbing company wanted to take responsibility for a product they didn’t know, so that was problematic. Then, I had to install it myself, and getting the right fittings to connect the filter and the softener was extremely difficult. The company really should provide the fittings to do this. I had so much trouble that the filter is just sitting in my garage now. I read that others felt the same. My sales rep acted like installing it was a joke...it wasn’t. I am a very handy person and have completely remodeled multiple homes, so I have some skills; it was simply difficult. Additionally, I have copper pipes and right after installing a new citrus cartridge for the softener, the water tastes horrible. It takes a few weeks for it to go away. Otherwise, I like the softener and how my skin does not feel slimy like traditional softeners.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

The salespeople are nice until they sell you the system. They didn't tell me about a shipping program to help save money, they have a list of "plumbing companies" that install their system, but when I called the first 5, they had never heard of Nuvo H2O. You are left to hang high and dry. Maybe I didn't do my homework well enough, but this system and its parts are NOT available in Canada and have to be shipped directly from Nuvo h2o across borders. $55.00 alone just for customs/brokerage. The unit itself once installed (pressure regulator needs added depending on your house water pressure), is good and simple to change filters with minimal mess.

Denis,

We are very sorry to hear that our sales representative did not set adeqaute expectations during the initial phone call. We do perform ongoing trainings with our representatives to ensure we continue to give proper information to our customers. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any concerns in the future by email at info@nuvoh2osolutions.com

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I have owned the Nuvo H2O since May of 2019 and I have had very good results. I enjoy the clean taste of the water and how the water seems to clean my fixtures. I have the Manor system with the two stage filter and citric treatment and it has been very satisfactory for our needs. I have not bought any bottled water since installing the Nuvo h20 and am thankful for not using all those plastic disposable bottles. I am satisfied with the quality of Nuvo product. it is well built and easy to replace filters. Thank you Nuvo h20. Jim G.

Jim,

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your new NuvoH2O system!

Sir or Madam,

Why has it taken you over half a year to ask me what I thought about your deceit and dishonesty? Your salesman was the first liar I encountered at NuvoH2O. Your product, and then products, simply did not perform as advertised. Indeed, after installation of your iron filter, my water suddenly became more irony and grossly foul-smelling, more so than when I had no filter. Now, this next part isn't your fault, but the contractor who installed my initial filter was even more dishonest than NuvoH20. Is everyone in business in this country a cheating, lying good for nothing? I hate NuvoH20 and the contractor who installed it. You should all be ashamed of yourselves but unfortunately shame no longer exists in this country.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Water Softener. My water has never tasted this good. My laundry is better as well as my coffee. The rings around my toilets are gone and no more white crust on my shower. The cost wasn't too hurtful and the sales person (Chris **) did not try to push this on me. He was very professional and informative.. I would and have referred this to others.

Raymond,

We're thrilled you are enjoying your new NuvoH2O system! Thank you for the great review and welcome again to the Nuvo Family!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Customer service was great in helping answer my questions before I purchased. I purchased online and the water softener arrived as expected. Water is not soapy feeling as can be with other types of water softener systems. System is small and takes up very minimal space. No experience with changing cartridges or before/after experience since we were new construction. Bought this after good reviews from This Old House tv show.

Kari,

Welcome to the Nuvo Family and thank you for sharing your experience!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Had the "Home" version installed (Just the wife and I in our 2 bath home) which advertised service life of cartridge as 6 months. We noticed a steep decline in function in the 3rd month of service life. Ordered replacement cartridge and replacement carried label advising to replace at 4 months. Not economical due to cost of replacement cartridges. Disappointed in in actual results. Strongly consider salt-based conditioner.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

The primary reason that we purchased the Nuvo system, was to combat scale on our antique bronze fixtures. And, while it has helped some, it has fallen well short of expectations. There is some improvement, but not enough to rationalize the cost of the system. Would we purchase again? No.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I had to call 7 or 8 times to place the order. I was lied to & treated badly every time I called. If I had not really, really wanted the product I would NOT have kept calling back. Every person in your entire call center should be replaced!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

We have not noticed any difference in the water quality since having the system installed. The claims made by our representative (Victor **) about the iron removal (95%) are not true. Very disappointed ion the results. I wish we had returned the system but we had other complications that caused the delay in removing the system.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

We have exceptionally hard water. Everything would get a coat of minerals on the glasses and taste was horrible from the hardness. Although we must replace the filter every 3 months instead of 6 months, that is a small price for not having to haul salt or put up with having to clean my white sinks with strong acids to clean the brown circles. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I was very pleased with my buying experience in buying my Nuvo unit. The salesman was very informative and very helpful. We found a plumber who was very knowledgeable in how to properly install the unit. Have dealt with Nuvo Customer Service and they have been very helpful. The whole buying experience went smooth. A great buying experience.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

We purchased the whole house system with the iron filter with great hopes that it would help us with our well water. When the plumber arrived, we learned that iron filter would slow our water pressure to a trickle. We were able to return the iron filter for a full refund. The whole house system does not remove all the hardness of our water, but it helps. Just wish the young man who sold the unit to us on the 800# would've been more knowledgeable about well water with the NuvoH20 system. We have to change our filter every 3 months, rather than 6 months. So makes it pricey to change. The assistance we received in purchasing/returning was very courteous and pleasant! Think this would be a great alternative for those on a municipal water sources.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

We have been using NUVO H2O for 8 months now, and thoroughly enjoy having it in place of a traditional salt-based water softener. Replacing the citrus-based cartridges are extremely easy, and considerably so when compared with clumsy, heavy bags of salt. The water itself is perfect for our use. We'd do this change again in a heartbeat.

Kevin,

We're so happy that you are enjoying your system!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

The iron system does not remove all the iron. They say I do not have enough pressure to make the system work right. There was nothing in the ad or in the directions to say how much pressure is needed to make it work right.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Could not be more pleased. Have had about six months and I notice better water pressure as well as hotter water. I do not accept new technology easily and feel that I got exactly what the company said that I could expect. Had to find a plumber who would place the system and not try to sell me his own product. Was told by the company that it would be easy to find a contractor. They all seemed to have their own agenda.

Michael,

We are so pleased to hear that you are loving your new NuvoH2O system!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Manor Softener plus Taste System. I was told this system is a softener but the hard minerals stay in the water so it will not help with the dry skin from bathing. 7 different installers came to my house from plumbers to handyman and everyone told me the same. I would have the pay to install it and uninstall it if the water still is hard. No water sample or anything to lead me to believe what I was told over the phone, just expenses. I returned the product after trying to get it installed nearly a month. Nuvo H20 in my opinion expects people to install the system and hope it works as it is difficult to tell it is working afterwards.

Resolution response: Feb. 19, 2021

Had some initial issues getting started but I am very happy to say the company has more than made up for it since reaching out to resolve the problem. I’m very happy with the customer support and am looking forward to our new filters.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Well since you asked... we bought a house with your system already installed. Called company and was recommended we install a new system. What a waste of money. When declined, was put on a hold so long I hung up and called back and immediately got someone who advised we email her when ready to order. Emailed. Never heard a response. Owned house for 6 months now and still no idea about these filters which certainly need changed now.

Kelcie,

I am so happy that we spoke and I could help you get this taken care of. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other concerns. Welcome to the NuvoH2O family!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Installed the dual filtering and water softening system about 3 months ago in the Fall of 2019. We are on "city" water in Sonoma, CA which is extremely "hard". Hence, our primary objective was water softening. We considered the filtering to be a bonus. After a reasonable period of time we have concluded that the filtering has resulted in very good tasting water. A+. However, our water still seems very "hard". Bought some brand new towels and in no time they are feeling very "crispy". D- As the filters were installed outdoors, I inquired about a cover.

NUVO H2O told me that I had to use their cover at nearly $500 delivered or the warranty would be nullified. Wished I had known that before. What I got is a big metal box part of which should have been installed before installing the filters. My plumber worked to improvise a solution with their box but the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth... despite the A+ filtering. I would NOT RECOMMEND NUVO H2O. Hey Culligan man!!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

We installed one system as a test to determine if we wanted to install this system in all apartments. Everything went fine until the six month replacement filter did not ship. The filter is at least 2 months past its change date. Email from the company said could be several weeks before the filters ship. This failure to provide the product as advertised is jeopardizing my continued purchase of the systems.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

We have two Nuvo systems; one for a condo in Arizona and 1 in Nevada going on 5 years now. They have substantially reduced calcium scale, are easy to maintain and allow us the convenience of drinking water straight from the tap. We will be installing this unit again on our next residence and have happily referred this on to many other homeowners.

NuvoH2O response

Thanks for the great review Cynthia!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

My NuvoH2O system was installed in 2015. It works wonders over a salt solution water softener without the Hassle of buying salt tablets and the mess they produce. The service is great when ordering cartridges and receiving them every 6 months in a timely manner with automatic shipping. I can't thank NUVO enough.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

My NUVO was leaking at the top cover and when I removed it I saw it was leaking on the inside switching valve. Called NUVO to ask for assistance on the repair and was told they would cover the part. Part showed up in a couple of days and I had it changed out in about an hour. NO LEAKS!!! Zack had me send in some pictures of the leak and the team at NUVO sent me the part at N/C. Zack was great and I would recommend NUVO to anyone. VERY HAPPY.

Randy

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Zac was very helpful as I needed to modify my regularly scheduled order. I have (2) leftover carbon cartridges from previous orders. Zac clued me in that the carbon cartridges are to be change every 3 months and I was changing every 6 months. Now I know. So he is sending me the long cartridge now and then going back to my regular order in 6 months. Zac was very easy to talk to and very informative. Regards, Greg **.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Zack is the one who helped me with my order and he did an Excellent Job of it. Very friendly and informative about the product. We will always do business with NUVO. Very reliable company. And I think we are going to sign up for auto refill on filters.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

We had an existing Culligan salt based system for 5+ years. Just recently, we decided to purchase a Nuvo system. The self install was simple, since we had an existing water system. Everything about this system is far better when compared to our old system. Our water taste great and we have zero issues with water spots or hard water. I would recommend this system to my any of friends and family. This is a great system!!

NuvoH2O Company Information