3.9/5 (63 ratings)

About Life Time Fitness

Life Time Fitness Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Time Fitness?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Time Fitness?

Original review: April 14, 2020

Our family joined 14 years ago and are still active members. We are grateful for the gym. I have 3 opportunities for this franchise. Hire an RD who can meet people right where they are and give them the tools for evident change. This is what a skilled RD can do. Pay him/her accordingly. Lower the membership dues. They are too high causing this club to be for those already fit- financially and physically. I don’t see people transformed longterm. Isn’t that the mission?

Original review: April 9, 2020

Very good health club. The club has everything that the person needs for a program. Kid programs and swimming pools. Child care while you work out. Clean facility all around including all the courts from basketball to racquet ball.

Original review: April 8, 2020

There is a wide range of equipment and activities available. The only thing I don't like is how some gyms only allow certain members. There is a ranking level (platinum, silver, gold) and if you aren't high enough, you can't go to that specific gym.

Original review: April 5, 2020

It’s been great since we first walked in for a tour. Can’t wait until they can reopen. The facility is spotless and the majority of the staff are excellent and go out of their way to help. It’s also terrific that they have PT and an Urgent Care clinic attached to the building.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Canceled my membership over the summer and received an offer to put my account on hold for free for six months. I thought this would be a good idea in case I changed my mind and wanted to rejoin. After accepting the offer, I received an email stating that it would actually be $10 a month to keep a hold on the account, so I responded to Tracey, the person who sent the email, and said that I just wanted to cancel as originally intended because of the fee. I got a response that said everything is "all set with the agreed arrangement."

At the beginning of the month, I noticed Life Time charged the amount of monthly dues to my account. I called, and the person at the front desk told me that they had actually been charging the $10 for the past 6 months, but I hadn't noticed because it was a small amount. They also said I would need to come in and sign another cancellation agreement. I already signed one, and Tracey responded to my email over the summer saying everything was all set. I left a voicemail for Tracey about getting a refund, sent an email, and left a voicemail for Pat, the general manager. It's been a week and I still haven't heard anything from either of them.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

Overnight manager Jose ** called police to remove us from the facility. It began with an emotional phone call I was having in the near empty locker room at 11:30pm. Attendant Lily overheard the entire conversation and actually saw me crying. Despite my obvious distress, after the conversation was over Lily decided to approach me just to say that there is no yelling allowed in the women's locker room. This was very insensitive and really unnecessary. The locker room is empty now. The call ended. Leave me alone.

During this time, my boyfriend was being approached by Jose in the men's locker room. Although he had no knowledge and no responsibility for what was occurring next door, Jose decided to inform him that I was yelling in the locker room and that if it continued he would kick us both out! So, upset at the way things were being handled by staff, I went to Jose to clear things up. Since staff was making such a big fuss over my tone of voice in the locker room, I wanted a physical copy of Lifetime's policy. His exact response to me was "I don't have time to print it for you." That is the most unprofessional and derogatory response I had ever received from a "manager". The conversation continued with us questioning him on why he decided to handle this minor incident in this way. He stood with his hands in his pockets and looking at his phone from time to time. He never apologized for the misunderstanding.

The conversation was not going anywhere and no care or concern was being shown. No solution was being brought up, and Jose made no effort at all to diffuse the situation to ensure I left on a positive note. That is what his role as a manager is to do! As I became increasingly frustrated and upset with his demeanor I asked him how he was planning to service us as members and conclude this incident. He gave me a dumbfounded look, shrugged and said that he would do nothing. I promise you I am not making this up at all. We were both completely floored that we were actually speaking to a manager at Lifetime.

Finally, with plans to reach out to higher management, I asked for his first and last name in which he told us he did not have to and would not provide us (although managers last names are made readily available to members). At this point my boyfriend and I knew he was purposely escalating the situation. Any reasonable person would become angry with how they are being treated and spoken to in the lobby of a facility in which they are members who pay $280 a month. When Jose began to notice how angry I was getting, rather than work harder to come to a resolution he called police to have us forcibly removed from the club!

We were treated like trespassers and criminals and forced to leave in a hurry. It never, ever, should have amounted to that and if they didn't have someone as disgusting, despicable, incompetent and arrogant as Jose ** it never would have. The way the situation was handled from start to finish was completely unacceptable and completely unforgivable.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Please read every word you sign BEFORE you sign anything from these ripoff con artists! And for goodness sake pay close attention to their overpriced food and beverages that are absolutely ludicrous. Very little nutrition at huge costs! They will never stop billing your credit card. It is a nightmare to get them to stop taking any amount they can get at anytime of the month possible. Please read everything online before you sign up for the "free" trial that will cost you a fortune.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

30 Day Scam. My husband found out we were relocating in less than 2 weeks and unfortunately there is no Lifetime in the area. After explaining our situation to the Guest Relations team at Romeoville IL location and both CiCi & Amy at the Corporate office all that was said is, "sorry but there's nothing we can do." After 10+ years of business from my family you'd think they'd consider waving the $66 cancellation fee. My husband and I are disgusted with the way this company handled our situation and will be making it known to all family members and communities as we continue to travel with his job. Needless to say we will never be lifetime members again.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Thank you once again for the generous opportunity to experience the Ajax Lifetime Facility from Nov.28-29th, 2019. I took full advantage of your facility. Over the course of three days, I used your pool twice for my laps and was impressed by the swim staff. The complimentary pilates session with Cristian was a delight having stretched fascial muscles that I didn’t know existed. Kelley’s Surrender meditative yin-yoga with extended poses strengthened and stretched my muscles. Her calm voice made the hour seem like minutes. Andrea’s barbell strength class worked every muscle as she reinforced and motived me to go further. Ana’s tabata’s class of high intensity had high expectations for every muscle group and I rose to meet them, thanks to her encouragement and modifications.

Finally, Kimmel’s SOL yoga class was the icing on the cake of power yoga woven with ashtanga vinyasa. Her mesmerizing voice pushed my body to the max. Kimmel exudes an energy that few instructors display. Almost like a Sei He Ki feeling where mental/emotional/physical energy flows from the practice. I did try a couple of the weight machines, but was concerned my form wasn’t accurate and did not know what the electronic indicators meant. However, if I had asked a staff member I’m sure I would have been given direction.

Overall, I was truly impressed with my three days. The only disadvantage to the the entire experience was my commute to the club, taking me 90 minutes round trip from home to club and back with clear roads and good weather. I will be joining Ajax Lifetime, once my existing membership with another fitness facility expires, when I’m back in the country and when weather conditions improve to ensure a safe commute. I will eventually be there sweating, with the rest of your members.

Finally, thank you Dillon (Account Manager) for your kindness. As mentioned in our initial on boarding tour, I was impressed with your knowledge, your passions for my well being, your energy and your time. Never did I feel you were selling a “facility product”, but rather a “wellness solution”. All the best as you continue to making a difference in people’s lives.

Sincerely

Brian

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I would give 0 stars if I could. Very disappointed with this gym. I switched to this gym because it was closer to my home and "provided" activities for children. What a joke that was. The ballet for my daughter was an overfilled room with kids holding onto a table because there was no ballet bar to use. In order to drop off my daughter who is a member, my wife had to join and pay 105.00 to bring her to class for 45 mins. My wife just had a baby so she's unable to workout and they asked for a doctor's note. Seriously? I normally drive my daughter and I'm a member and I have 2 guest passes per month but they still said she had to join.

If we had known that we would've skipped the class the week I was traveling. Knowing all that they still said we can't do anything and the account will be charged the 105.00 for 45 mins. I ended up canceling our entire family membership and they were fine with that. From a CEO of a company this is entirely the wrong attitude when it comes to customer service. Stay as far away from this place as possible.

Life Time Fitness Company Information