Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.31/5

Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Life Time Fitness Reviews

Original review: April 22, 2019

If you're looking for a new health club, I would definitely recommend staying away from LifeTime Fitness. Not a clean facility. Wait times to use most of the equipment. They also closed without any notice on several days which ended up canceling my workout for the day. The process to end your membership is as complicated and time consuming as possible in hopes that you won't do it and continue letting them bill you. The unforgivable thing though: they are holding my credit card hostage and charging me for an extra month of membership just to get a few extra bucks out of me.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I was a member here since 2009. The membership department in Westminster Colorado advised me to write a letter in January 2019 to cancel my membership, WHICH I DID. They continued to bill me for 2 months after the cancellation and 2 months after I called them to ask why they were trying to charge my credit card again they claimed that they never got the letter. Found out from one of their ex-employees that this is a common practice. I have paid over $3,000.00 in unused membership months, and apparently now they are broke so they keep calling my home phone (my renters advised me). Anyone interested in filing a Class Action Lawsuit against them for unethical consumer practices, please message me. They have been getting away with this for years. Can't wait to see them in court with a lineup of their former employees exposing these tactics.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Each time we show up to find pool closed, we ask why, and we’re told different answers about the hours of pool operation and kids’ pool / outdoor pool / outdoor slides hours. After being misinformed so many times, we were told the front desk now has a copy of pool hours and would give correct advice each time. So what happened today? Once again they said outdoor pool and slides open until 6 pm. We tried to go at 5 and were told “oh, no. Slides close at 5”. “And, outdoor pool is closed now.” “Why?” “Because of weather.” There is no rain. No lightning. No thunder. We asked why was this not “weather permitting??” “It’s too cold.” “It’s 74 degrees right now, and the pool is heated to 84. That’s not too cold.”

We asked a manager, who tried to reach the pool manager, but he had already gone home. She reached a lifeguard who said “well, there was wind.” Really? There’s wind here all the time. I asked if they could open it back up since it was not yet 6 (or bad weather) and was told no - only the manager who had already gone home can do that. Plus, the outdoor lifeguards all went home early today when they decided to close it early.

This might not be so bad if it was the first time this happened. But it’s not. So far, we joined about 2 and a half weeks ago and my son has never been able to use the slide because the gym keeps giving misinformation about whether or when it will be open, and then when we come during what should be open hours for the outdoor pool and slide, we’re greeted with misinformation that prevents him from using it. (Including just a few days ago when told he had to pass a 25 meter swim test but they didn’t think he could so they wouldn’t let him slide.)

Well, tonight, on our way to the outdoor pool, we had an indoor instructor test him and he passed just fine. She told us “but you don’t need this to use the slide. The swim test is to get a yellow band to use the pool unsupervised. He could have used the slide the other day. We know, there are lifeguards that give out the wrong information.” ??? Why? How hard is it to publish the pool and slide hours and rules and then stick with them and train staff on what they are so they can properly advise members???

Original review: March 12, 2019

This company is as crooked as they come. I had a membership with them through my former employer, but once I changed jobs I stopped going there. Obviously, I assumed my former employer would stop paying the monthly membership and they would close out the account. This is always how it has worked for me in the past with other gyms, and I’ve never had a problem. Now nine months later, Life Time Fitness is coming after me for a past due balance. It turns out my former employer just last month stopped paying for my membership, but Life Time would not let them close my account.

They would not let me cancel my membership over the phone either, so I came into their Carrollton location a few hours after receiving their email to officially close my account and clear up the confusion about the balance. Not only could they not have cared less about the mix up, but they told me I had to give a 30 day notice for my membership cancellation, which means I will also be responsible for April’s payment as well! Even though they just got 9 months of membership dues from my old employer for free, they now want to charge me for another 2 months!! So now, I can pay them close to $200 or, they will sell my account to a collections company which will damage my credit. How is this not extortion?? Life Time doesn’t care who they hurt, if they can get a couple extra $$ in return.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I tried to cancel my membership with Life Time after I had injured my foot. I was not able to run and I was in extreme pain under doctor's care. I wanted to cancel over phone, via mail, email or fax. I was told from 3 different facilities in Chicago area I needed to physically come into one location to cancel. I told them I was incapable due to injury. They all told me it didn’t matter. I had to pay an additional 5 months as my foot healed. Finally went in to cancel on Feb 2, 2019. They charged me for February and March. I would never recommend them to anyone. I was also a member there for over 15 years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Time Fitness?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Have been members for 7 & 9 years, today we quit! Their reservation system for yoga rules change all the time by teacher. Corporate state you lose spot if not there 15 min. prior! We followed rules, waited until 10 min before start, took empty spots only to be kicked out, many with reservations showed up 2 min before class.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Prejudice Very much so! I signed up with Joe and I told him the situation on how I am leaving for Nevada March 4th. I know there is only one in Summerlin and I have no car and am nowhere near it so therefore I want to only signed up for the month! Everyone was so nice to me in the beginning and now that I want to cancel I am being treated like trash! This facility. Is money hungry I was clearly TOLD CANCEL BEFORE THE NEXT BILLING CYCLE SO YOU ARENT CHARGED. Idc what was in the contract because Joe read me the contract. He said I didn’t have to read it! I basically told him I need to cancel so I won’t be charged after March 4.

Apparently you have to cancel 30 days prior and I was never told that!!! And all the workers and corporate are telling me I am wrong and I heard wrong and they are blaming me and not themselves! Dana is a very rude stuck up women who wouldn’t even look at me when I was speaking. I even explained to her Joe never told me 30 days. He said next billing cycle and she said “he isn’t wrong. He technically could cancel anytime but be charged for the remainder.” But I’m like, "No. I clearly told him I don’t wanna be charged after March 4!" So therefore They used and scammed me because I am young and dumb! They used this as an advantage to take advantage of me this my first time signing up for a gym alone! Joe told me don’t worry you don’t need to read it I will and I asked him many times on when I have to cancel I was told by March 1 or 4th whatever the next billing statement is.

The gym was pretty and clean and I was reconsidering on coming back and signing up in the summer but after this no way! They are such a money hungry company they don’t care about their customers they just want their money because if it was anywhere else they would solve the issue speak with the worker and the client and they couldn’t care less as if they do this on a daily basis. And Dana is so rude. I’m sorry you lost 60 dollars so condescending and fake like I’m poor!

No it’s not the money it’s the fact I was scammed and I don’t care about the contract! Because I trusted someone else’s word more than a written contract I asked him multiple times if I’m good and he said yes if it was elsewhere they would have compensated someone or at least took their word. Not to mention I purchased a few boxing packages and a massage and got food here. We are giving you business. The customer is always wrong here. I do not care about the contract due to the fact Joe said, "No need I’ll read it for you." So I consider me a young adult who is naive I listened.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I am a member of this ridiculous place. Back in December 2018, I called them and asked to put my account on hold as I was facing financial difficulties and that I lost my copy of the agreement, they said ok. Few days later they called to pay them, I repeated my request to put my account on hold, they said ok! Then I received calls and emails to pay, then called and they said ok!!! When I escalated the matter the manager said I was suppose to go and sign. I said no one told me so from the people I spoke to. They sent me threatening emails and calls and they offered I pay 50% of Dec and Jan. I said I can do it in Feb. I discovered they charged 100% and I said no problem. I asked to use my membership. They said I will be charged $110. I asked to cancel my membership and they said they will charge for March as the cancellation takes 30 days... What the hell???

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

One would think that for over $100 per monthly, problems would be minimized for you. Sadly, you would be mistaken. Here are problems I observed during weekdays, from 10:00 to noon. I don't know what happens at other times. My free training hour from joining was horrible... I would have paid more not to have it. Preschool kids are all over and often unsupervised, running and screaming while their mothers use cell phones. Members often leave soiled towels all over the locker room and trash in lockers. There is continual, extremely loud music on the workout floor, worsened by trainers using portable sound systems.

Member complaints? Management responds in writing, but does nothing about problems. Members "own" multiple machines with towels that others want to use. Management does nothing about it. Children defecate in the pool... and there's frequent PH testing, so there may be plenty of urine too. Employee turnover is ridiculous. Most workers don't last one year due to poor pay and hostile management. There are occasional locker room thefts. It's unwise to leave wallets and cell phones in lockers. Cars are occasionally burglarized in the parking lot. Most members don't wipe down equipment after use. There was a serious fire on the roof in 2018... multiple areas were shut down. The products displayed and sold are greatly overpriced. "Life Time Bucks" are a joke that expire and can't be earned again.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I blame myself for not reading the reviews rather than the star rating. DO NOT JOIN THIS GYM. All reviews are dead on!! The fees you save to join at $179 a month are only recouped when you have no choice but give a 30 day notice and forced to pay one more month. Once you enter the facility of smiling polite, nice personnel be forewarned that is as far as the professionalism goes. Incompetence, distant and the caring stops at the face smile of all who work here not to mention the inexperience for the money you pay. I have been members of the best gyms so I compare and was very disappointed the entire first two weeks.

When I complained all verbal promises were not documented and forgotten. However, I document with emails and they confirmed that the promise of free month was all in my mind. The survey send to ask why I left seemed to be a slight keepsake of previous interest at building a better business that does not exist with these new or old owners. Management has no business experience only customer service with a smile that stops there. DO NOT BE A FOOL LIKE ME AND BELIEVE THAT HONEST FACE AND SMILE not to mention who wrote that rating...from the past?

Life Time Fitness Company Information