Find Car Loan Refinancing partners near you

Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Tresl

Tresl is an online car loan refinancing company. The company works with a number of lenders across the country to help borrowers save money on their car loans. Tresl offers a quick and easy pre-qualification process. However, there is limited information on the company’s website about potential fees and terms. Customers get a personal finance advisor to help them at every step.

Find Car Loan Refinancing partners near you

Pros

• No cost to pre-qualify
    • Allows co-borrowers
    • Simple application process

Cons

• Limited information on website
    • Vehicle restrictions

Bottom Line

Tresl is an auto loan refinancer. It allows customers to pre-qualify for refinancing and accepts applicants with lower credit scores. There are some vehicle restrictions, but Tresl offers an easy application process.

What is Tresl?

Tresl isn’t a direct auto loan refinancer, working instead with a large network of lenders to help customers find one that best fits their needs. The company allows customers to pre-qualify for refinancing for free and without submitting sensitive personal information like a Social Security number. This makes it easy to shop your options before making a commitment.

Tresl has some restrictions. The vehicle secured by the loan must have a model year of 2011 or later, and it can’t have more than 150,000 miles. Tresl does work with low credit scores, listing a minimum score of 500 with no open bankruptcies. Customers can also add a co-borrower with a better credit score.

While it’s difficult to find information about terms and fees, the Tresl blog has lots of educational articles about when, how and why to refinance your car loan. It also answers some frequently asked questions.

How does Tresl auto refinancing work?

Tresl aims to make the loan shopping and application process as simple as possible. By providing some basic information, like your address, gross annual income and housing payments, you can pre-qualify for loan offers. You then select one of the offers and complete a full application. If you don’t see an offer that appeals to you, there’s no obligation to continue.

If you choose an offer, you’re assigned a Tresl financial advisor, who walks you through the process step by step. Your advisor handles finalizing loan details, including managing all documents.

Most of the process is completed on the Tresl digital platform, including signing documents electronically.

Tresl rates

Tresl is free to use to see if you pre-qualify for refinancing. There’s no mention on the company’s website whether there are fees or rates involved with Tresl once you select a lender.

You may be subject to origination fees, late fees and prepayment penalties with a refinance loan. It’s important to read the terms and conditions and discuss all possible fees with your finance advisor. Tresl claims to save customers about $100 a month on average, with an average rate reduction of 5.41%.

Tresl FAQ

How do I qualify for a Tresl refinance loan?
    Tresl has a pre-qualification process for refinancing your loan. First, you provide some basic information about yourself. You then receive offers that you pre-qualify for. There’s no impact on your credit, and you don’t need to provide your Social Security number. After pre-qualifying, you can work with a finance advisor to find a loan that works for your situation.
    Does Tresl do a credit check?
    Tresl only performs a soft credit check when you go through the pre-qualification process. This does not affect your credit score. Once you apply for refinancing, your lender performs a hard credit check.
    How much can a Tresl refinance loan save me?
    On average, Tresl customers save about $102 a month, according to the company. This is based on the company’s 2020 figures. Your actual savings depend on your individual profile.
    Where is Tresl located?
    Tresl has its headquarters in Leander, Texas.

Is Tresl a good refinance company?

Overall, Tresl is a good company to work with if you want to refinance your car loan. There’s no cost to pre-qualify and explore your loan options, so you can shop around before committing. If you have a credit score on the lower end of the spectrum, Tresl is still a viable option for refinancing your car loan.

Tresl Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tresl?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tresl?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

I am an extremely discouraged and disappointed consumer. I purchased a leased vehicle through Tresl. The transaction was funded on May 4, 2022, and I still have not received the title to my vehicle. I reached out to my title specialist several times by phone and by email. I've spoken to my transaction specialist, who was awesome, and I requested a call from a manager to get the status of the title. It's 5 months later...Still, no call or email.

Original review: July 30, 2022

So hopeful, but man was I wrong. Was referred through Credit Karma. The initial experience was great, but then I was GHOSTED. Applied 7/19, uploaded all docs when I had initially submitted the application knowing what they may need ahead of time, and anything additionally needed was done by 7/21. I called Tresl directly as they direct you to do to expedite the process, went over all the information with my advisor, who I guess is my unfortunate luck who picked up the phone and was told I would be called within 2 days on 7/19. I also, explained that my tags are due by the end of July and was informed by the advisor NOT to pay them as new registration is all wrapped into the finance by the advisor. He said, "No problem. I will call you back. It looks like we have a good offer" with such and such company, and said "I want to try one more though and see if we can get a lower payment". NO calls.

I sent two emails to my advisor, with no response back during this time. Immediately let him know the rest of the documents were loaded and then a "hey haven't heard from anyone, I'm ok with the first offer. We can get this one going" email. No response to any of my emails. Even reiterated the importance of my tags expiring in one of the emails. Finally, when I called Tresl on 7/25 and calmly explained the situation to see if I may have another advisor assigned to my loan, I was sternly told no one else can help because then that takes away from other advisors' customers and it is too difficult for someone else to learn my loan. Basically at this time is my name.

So, I was told that I needed to leave a voicemail for my advisor. Was further told that the CSR I was speaking with would send an email to both GM and advisor and I would be called back the same day. Not so much. On 7/28/2022 I am called by my advisor and told they do not know why I wasn't on their queue to call back (even though 2 emails were sent directly to them), given personal reasons to boot with an "apology". Then told I was declined (after insinuating I was approved 7/19). But he would try "one more thing".

Knowing about the bad feeling from the way the company had handled this...I had already called a credit union the day before the phone call and had told them the issue that happened with Tresl, they were aghast themselves and had me apply, approved me at a much lower rate and monthly payment than even what Tresl had fake approved me for, and my re-finance is in the process of being finalized all within 24 hours. Not sure how hard that was for Tresl to accomplish.

When I again "nicely" emailed and let my advisor know I wouldn't be going with them a credit union approved me in 24 hours at a lower payment, he responded very quickly this time and said, "That is Awesome!!!! I am very happy that you were able to get an approval that makes sense for you. In the end that’s all that matters!! Have a great day and congrats." They could not have cared less and I wished I had not wasted my time on this company for 10 DAYS..

Get buying tips about Car Loan Refinancing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2022

My experience with Tresl has been TERRIBLE! My advisor was William **. He seemed To be a nice person in the beginning despite me having to constantly email him because he wouldn’t get back to me until the next week. After we were able to refinance my car with another institution, he completely avoided me. I am yet to receive my car title back from the company he instructed me to mail it to. Also, he told me that I will indeed be receiving reimbursement for payments I made to my other auto finance company while my refinance process was being complete. He of course lied to me about that too for absolutely no reason. This man is a CON.

Original review: May 5, 2022

I was having a horrid time with Hyundai Capital. I am 81 years old. I had paid off my lease in full on March 25th, 2022 and Lehigh Valley Honda in Pennsylvania James ** kept insisting he could not get the closeout figure. Finally, after myriads of calls to Hyundai Capital and different representatives, I was connected to a Tresl Finance Representative in Texas. Her name is Maria phone number 1-855-429-7344 ext. **. She is magnificent. Though it took time she got the closeout figures and I was able to purchase the car for cash. We are not totally through the process yet but it is close to being done. In life it is how you finish that counts and I feel now that I have her and Tresl things will end well. I am gifting the car to my daughter.

Take an Auto Refinance Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Tresl Company Information