2. Finance
  3. Personal Loans

LendingClub

LendingClub
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.88/5

With Lending Club’s peer-to-peer lending, you can get a personal loan, refinance your car payments or take out a small business loan. Its online marketplace connects borrowers with a network of lenders to help them select the best loan.

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

LendingClub Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingClub?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lending Club?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I opened a loan with them just before the Covid pandemic began. I was employed and had the salary to be able to pay the loan. The loan term was 3 years with a high interest rate. I lost my job and told them I would be glad to renegotiate the loan and extend the terms to 4 years with a lower rate and they said no. So they won't get paid anything. I was willing to extend the loan and more likely, make them more money than they would have made on the original loan by extending the terms of the loan a year for a smaller payment. They would not even entertain the notion. So, starting at the end of December, they won't get paid anything more from me and they'll write off the whole loan rather than re-negotiating something which probably be more favorable to them. If they're refusing to even entertain the option to assist during this time, then I refuse to continue to pay during this time. I'll take the charge-off. It didn't have to be this way.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

My late husband took out a loan with them shortly before his sudden death. I was not a party to the loan, but when I contacted them they said my name was on the loan. Myself and my attorney have been trying to get them to send me proof that I was on the loan. They have not provided proof yet and it has been 18 months. They have ruined my credit so I cannot refinance my house or do anything. I am very upset???? with them. This is no way for a business to do business. If they had proof that I was a party to the loan I would think that I would have gotten a response from them. But nothing, instead I think they sold the loan to another company under my name. They stopped (the new company) bothering me after I told them what happened. I have called and called with no luck, no proof. How hard could it be to find?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

Wow, talk about very high rates. I have a score of 760 and the rates given to me were completely way too high. This is not a place where you can go with good credit and get great rates and fast funding. Also, they nail ya with TONS of emails from EVERYONE. So if you have to go down the rabbit hole, create a separate email only for this stuff. Me, I will never ever do it again.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I received an offer from the LendingClub to refinance my car at a competitive rate. I filled out the application and received a determination. At no point did any of the paperwork mention that the loan would be actually be serviced by another company altogether, and the Truth in Lending didn't specify it either. It also stated I would have 60 days to make my first payment. After signing the loan docs, the next thing that happens is I receive paperwork from my actual loan company, First Services. Their paperwork doesn't mention anything about the 60 day grace period, and when I call them on it, they said they won't honor it. I had to go back and forth between Lending Club and First Services, each blaming each other. I finally got Lending Club to send the Truth in Lending over to their client, and then (and only then) they honored it.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I have had two loans through this company and was completely satisfied with both of my loans UNTIL we needed some help during the unforeseen pandemic that lead to income issues. They charged me $3500.00 for two months of deferments. This company is taking advantage and profiting during unforeseen difficult times that their clients are facing! Absolutely a disgrace!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

The loan process was easy, but it took a while to get an answer. I'm rebuilding my credit so I needed a loan. This one was a good one. Only drawback was the loan fee was a little high, but otherwise I would recommend.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I once had a personal loan with this company, and it was a horrible ordeal. The process was tedious and time consuming. Once I finally got the loan and began to repay, it got even worse. The customer service was anything but service. The representatives were not very cooperative and were somewhat combative. I will never do business with them again under any circumstances.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

Easy and quick to file an application with them. I was approved within minutes. Their member's only website is easy to use including setting up autopay. They were the only ones that accepted me after a few attempts at consolidating my credit card debt.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

They do not allow you to include your spouse and their income as part of the process. If you are having issues with credit score they will help you but you have to get your score way up and quickly if you want to continue doing business with them. Really nice customer service.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

I am in the process of looking for financial help and from what I have seen so far about this company they look quite trustworthy. I am looking for a personal loan to get some things taken care of and they offer a lot of different options which I am checking into for my needs.

LendingClub Company Information