Find a Personal Loans partner

LendingClub

LendingClub

3.9/5 (620 ratings)
Find a Personal Loans partner

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

About LendingClub

With Lending Club’s peer-to-peer lending, you can get a personal loan, refinance your car payments or take out a small business loan. Its online marketplace connects borrowers with a network of lenders to help them select the best loan.

Pros

• Quick, easy online application
  • Fast money delivery
  • No prepayment penalties
  • Fixed interest rates

Cons

• High APRs
  • Short loan length

Bottom Line

Lending Club is a peer-to-peer lending website that helps consumers get personal loans, small business loans and auto refinancing. You can apply for one of its loan options online.

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

LendingClub Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingClub?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lending Club?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I have borrowed from this lender twice and each time, it has been picture perfect. While no one wants to borrow to pay off debts, the fact that this company was willing to give me a chance proved to me that despite the hardship, they supported me even during this Pandemic. Of course the trick is not to get into debt, but when illness, job loss and decrease in salaries and IRS taxes for both middle and lower class people impacts, decisions have to be made in order to survive.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I have used Lending Club to fund/pay down medical bills twice. I have found that their process to apply very easy to understand, apply & get funded, approved. Their customer service is top notch, funds are directly deposited into your account, I find the whole process seamless & in my experience. I would highly recommend Lending Club.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

I was wary of getting a personal loan, I suspected there would be hidden fees or a hidden "extra" interest rate. As an attorney, I read the fine print carefully and found that the actual APR was fully disclosed and in my case fairly reasonable (6.9% with 3% of that being pre-paid) for my credit score for an unsecured loan. Other companies were quoting up to 19%. No way I would ever take such a loan. I also liked that the loan rate was not all prepaid (although 3% was) as I needed the loan only short-term (less than one year), so I paid it off very early, and ended up paying far less than if I had paid it back over the full term. The 3% of the APR which amounted to prepaid interest, for me was worth it at the time I needed the funds.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I was in need of some money, and the Lending Club came to my rescue! Though I didn't get approved for the amount I initially applied for, I DID qualify for enough to get me through a difficult time... Application was simple, quick, and thorough, and I received the Loan quicker than expected! THEN, when I got a "Windfall", I was able to payoff my Loan early. They even sent me a check for the unpaid/unearned interest!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Application process for the loan was quick and simple, my experience with customer service was friendly all my questions were answered. There was not a long wait to speak with someone. Repaying the loan is convenient as they pull directly from my checking account. Plus I'm usually advised before payment comes out. Taking this loan really helped me in the time I needed it most.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

As long as you don't need to communicate with a person (phone or email) this company seems fine. The communication is rude and resistant to answering questions. They cannot answer questions about their program showing inaccurate information. If you have a hardship they will not talk about options unless you tell them your entire story only to be judged and receive their nasty attitude. I do not recommend working with this company.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

Unfortunately most of your loan companies are not the best option as bank would be but the ones who PROVIDE DETAILED INFORMATION AND SEEM BE REALISTIC WITH QUALIFICATIONS. SO I'D SAY WORTH CONSIDERING however Interest rates can be high.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I opened a loan with them just before the Covid pandemic began. I was employed and had the salary to be able to pay the loan. The loan term was 3 years with a high interest rate. I lost my job and told them I would be glad to renegotiate the loan and extend the terms to 4 years with a lower rate and they said no. So they won't get paid anything. I was willing to extend the loan and more likely, make them more money than they would have made on the original loan by extending the terms of the loan a year for a smaller payment. They would not even entertain the notion. So, starting at the end of December, they won't get paid anything more from me and they'll write off the whole loan rather than re-negotiating something which probably be more favorable to them. If they're refusing to even entertain the option to assist during this time, then I refuse to continue to pay during this time. I'll take the charge-off. It didn't have to be this way.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

My late husband took out a loan with them shortly before his sudden death. I was not a party to the loan, but when I contacted them they said my name was on the loan. Myself and my attorney have been trying to get them to send me proof that I was on the loan. They have not provided proof yet and it has been 18 months. They have ruined my credit so I cannot refinance my house or do anything. I am very upset???? with them. This is no way for a business to do business. If they had proof that I was a party to the loan I would think that I would have gotten a response from them. But nothing, instead I think they sold the loan to another company under my name. They stopped (the new company) bothering me after I told them what happened. I have called and called with no luck, no proof. How hard could it be to find?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

Wow, talk about very high rates. I have a score of 760 and the rates given to me were completely way too high. This is not a place where you can go with good credit and get great rates and fast funding. Also, they nail ya with TONS of emails from EVERYONE. So if you have to go down the rabbit hole, create a separate email only for this stuff. Me, I will never ever do it again.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I received an offer from the LendingClub to refinance my car at a competitive rate. I filled out the application and received a determination. At no point did any of the paperwork mention that the loan would be actually be serviced by another company altogether, and the Truth in Lending didn't specify it either. It also stated I would have 60 days to make my first payment. After signing the loan docs, the next thing that happens is I receive paperwork from my actual loan company, First Services. Their paperwork doesn't mention anything about the 60 day grace period, and when I call them on it, they said they won't honor it. I had to go back and forth between Lending Club and First Services, each blaming each other. I finally got Lending Club to send the Truth in Lending over to their client, and then (and only then) they honored it.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I have had two loans through this company and was completely satisfied with both of my loans UNTIL we needed some help during the unforeseen pandemic that lead to income issues. They charged me $3500.00 for two months of deferments. This company is taking advantage and profiting during unforeseen difficult times that their clients are facing! Absolutely a disgrace!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

The loan process was easy, but it took a while to get an answer. I'm rebuilding my credit so I needed a loan. This one was a good one. Only drawback was the loan fee was a little high, but otherwise I would recommend.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I once had a personal loan with this company, and it was a horrible ordeal. The process was tedious and time consuming. Once I finally got the loan and began to repay, it got even worse. The customer service was anything but service. The representatives were not very cooperative and were somewhat combative. I will never do business with them again under any circumstances.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

Easy and quick to file an application with them. I was approved within minutes. Their member's only website is easy to use including setting up autopay. They were the only ones that accepted me after a few attempts at consolidating my credit card debt.

LendingClub Company Information