Disclosures

Overview

ClearOne Advantage has an average rating of 4.9/5.0, based on 308 reviews.

99%of reviewers were satisfied with the company's Staff
Staff

261 recent reviewers mentioned ClearOne Advantage’s staff. 99% were happy or satisfied with the staff, ranking ClearOne Advantage third among debt settlement companies on our site.

100%of reviewers were satisfied with the company's Transparency
Transparency

130 recent reviewers mentioned ClearOne Advantage’s transparency. 100% were happy or satisfied with transparency, ranking ClearOne Advantage second among debt settlement companies on our site.

100%of reviewers were satisfied with the company's Process
Process

105 recent reviewers mentioned ClearOne Advantage’s process. 100% were happy or satisfied with the debt settlement process, ranking ClearOne Advantage third among debt settlement companies on our site.

91%of reviewers were satisfied with the company's Customer Service
Customer Service

96 recent reviewers mentioned ClearOne Advantage’s customer service. 91% were happy or satisfied with their customer service experience, ranking ClearOne Advantage fourth among debt settlement companies on our site.

100%of reviewers were satisfied with the company's Price
Price

10 recent reviewers mentioned ClearOne Advantage’s price. 100% were happy or satisfied with price, ranking ClearOne Advantage third among debt settlement companies on our site.

What’s Web Consensus?

We gather and analyze all online reviews about this brand, so you can see the full picture in one place.

Log-in or create an account to get access to what 308 reviewers said about ClearOne Advantage.

99%of reviewers were satisfied with the company's Staff

99%of reviewers were satisfied with the company's Transparency

100%of reviewers were satisfied with the company's Process

82%of reviewers were satisfied with the company's Customer Service
Good
Customer Service

85%of reviewers were satisfied with the company's Price
Good
Price

What’s Web Consensus?

Log-in or create an account to get access to what 5 reviewers said about ClearOne Advantage.

4.9(308)
Author pictureAuthor picture
Author picture
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About ClearOne Advantage

Founded in 2008 and based in Baltimore, Maryland, ClearOne Advantage is a debt settlement company that helps consumers with credit card debt. The company says its average program graduate completes their plan in 24 to 60 months.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • 30-day satisfaction guarantee
  • Online chat for enrolled clients
Cons
  • Not available in all states

Featured Reviews

Verified
Henderson, NV

Amy's contribution to my debt consolidation journey at Clear One Advantage was invaluable. Her blend of expertise, empathy, and enthusiasm not only made the process smoother but a...

Verified
Coon Rapids, MN

Absolutely blown away by the speed and ease of the process. The agent I dealt with truly cared about me and my situation. 110% would recommend to anyone in need of financial help....

Insights from 444 recent reviews of ClearOne Advantage

We used sentence-by-sentence statistical analysis to decode nearly 450 ClearOne Advantage reviews published on ConsumerAffairs in the past year. Read below about customers who were happy, satisfied or upset about the four topics mentioned most often in reviews of ClearOne Advantage.

ClearOne Advantage staff reviews

The 194 recent ClearOne Advantage reviewers who discussed staff focused on the personnel who facilitated their enrollment and managed their accounts. 100% of those customers were satisfied, tying ClearOne Advantage for first in staff among debt settlement providers on our site.

Many reviewers described company reps as informative, empathetic and committed to clients’ success.

“Mindi was an absolute professional,” said Steven from North Royalton, Ohio. “She went out of her way to make sure that my pay dates are going to coincide with my work paychecks. She left me her personal phone number in case anything arose that I need to get in touch with her with.”

ClearOne Advantage process reviews

ClearOne Advantage ties for first in process among providers on our site: 100% of 82 recent reviewers were happy or satisfied with the steps involved in the company’s debt settlement program, from sign-up to completion.

Reviewers praised a smooth enrollment experience, and some were impressed by how quickly they got started. Many reviewers appreciated that clear instructions and explanations were provided throughout the process.

ClearOne Advantage customer service reviews

70 recent reviewers of ClearOne Advantage mentioned customer service, and they largely reported positive experiences with customer service reps who were warm, attentive and solution-oriented. Many reviews described reps that went above and beyond to make sure customers felt informed and at ease.

Ultimately, more than 98% of recent reviewers were happy or satisfied with the support they received, ranking ClearOne Advantage third on our site for customer service.

ClearOne Advantage transparency reviews

Of 98 recent ClearOne Advantage reviewers who talked about transparency, 100% were satisfied or happy with the company’s open, clear communication. That ties ClearOne Advantage for first in transparency among debt settlement providers on our site.

Many reviewers appreciated that company reps gave thorough, plain-language explanations for each step of the debt settlement process. Cleveland from Frederick, Maryland, said his rep “expressed and explained in great detail to make it very simple for me to understand the whole package. … (He) made me feel full of confidence.”

Stars Rating

• 96%
  • 2%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearOne Advantage?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ClearOne Advantage?
    Customer ServiceStaffProcessTransparency

Reviewed March 22, 2024

Working with Amy at ClearOne Advantage on debt consolidation was an incredibly positive experience that exceeded my expectations. From the outset, Amy's warmth and professionalism made me feel at ease, creating a supportive and understanding environment. Her expertise in debt consolidation was evident, as she navigated through complex processes with ease, making what seemed daunting, manageable and clear. Amy's communication skills were a highlight of our collaboration. She has the ability to simplify intricate financial concepts, ensuring I fully understood every step of our journey together. This was particularly comforting when I had concerns; Amy addressed them with clarity and reassurance, showcasing not just her knowledge, but her dedication to providing peace of mind. Her approach to problem-solving impressed me deeply.

Faced with any challenge, Amy quickly identified effective solutions, always maintaining a positive outlook and a focus on my best interests. This not only helped streamline the consolidation process but also built a foundation of trust and respect between us. In summary, Amy's contribution to my debt consolidation journey at Clear One Advantage was invaluable. Her blend of expertise, empathy, and enthusiasm not only made the process smoother but also transformed it into a genuinely uplifting experience. I am eagerly looking forward to the opportunity to work with her again and would highly recommend her services to anyone seeking support in managing their debt. Amy truly sets the standard for excellence in financial guidance.

customerservice@clearoneadvantage.com!

Get buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

StaffTransparency

Reviewed March 21, 2024

Hello Clear One Advantage, I had been contemplating for a few weeks if I wanted to actually stick my debt out or should I try to consolidate. I wondered how hard it would be to get some kind of relief. I knew I wouldn’t be able to ask for a loan due the shrinkage of my Credit. Hector assured me that all hope was not lost as he started to explain the debit consolidation relief program. Wonderfully delivered with the spark he had for his job. I’m so grateful for Hector’s recommendation. In few short minutes he had me approved & enrolled. Hector helped me every step of the way signing paperwork as we exchanged pleasantries. You have a diamond in the rough with Hector & because of his compassionate, understanding & also non-judgemental heart I would recommend this company to all my friends & family. Thank you again for all that you do to help mend a devastating trauma for me. God Bless.

Pinned
      We appreciate your feedback and we're happy to hear that you've had a great experience. We are so
      excited that you chose ClearOne Advantage to assist you in your journey to becoming debt free. If you
      need any further assistance, please feel free to contact our Customer Loyalty Group at (888) 768-4767

or email us at customerservice@clearoneadvantage.com and we will be more than happy to assist you!

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 28, 2024

My experience with ClearOne was absolutely outstanding. Coming in very hesitant and concerned about what I was getting in to was completely nonexistent when working with someone like Paula **. Paula my opinion didn’t leave a stone unturned… Any question you asked she was right there not only to give you an answer, but to ensure that you understood the answer. Also… She comes across very focus relative to the outcome of her clients and do everything she can to get you to the point where you can feel comfort and peace. Paula is an outstanding employee, and I certainly proud and happy that I have the opportunity to translate this information to her superiors. The bottom line is simply this… Paula have what it takes!

StaffTransparency

Reviewed Feb. 28, 2024

Your debt relief company/institution is truly a Godsend for financially trapped people with credit card debt. Charles ** is a great asset and I'm glad to be his client. He is certainly great job. My story to share. Over 10 years ago I fell into financial trap of excessive debt with credit. It's really circular financial trap. We pay all our minimum payments on time paying a bit more than minimum payments yet the amount of minimum payments gets charged back to the credit limit. It becomes a endless circular cycle of credit ongoing debt. Actually this year 2024 was planning to lower my credit balances and not charge anymore. January and February I Failed. As this month of March approached I did some internet searches for debt relief and found your availability.

Charles ** is a wonderful human being as I acknowledge this because he set the standards for transparency and that we are human beings to a point I could engage into honest constructive communications with him and we worked through these processes very well together. I intend to reach him to inform periodically about my progress through this journey of becoming debt free. Your company is as expressed a Godsend for financially crippled people and I couldn't have asked for better business introduction to your business than Charles **. Thank you kindly. I'm much relief feeling much better about my life and have much gratitude towards you.

customerservice@clearoneadvantage.com!

StaffProcessTransparency

Reviewed Feb. 28, 2024

I had a great experience with Donna, who helped me sign up for the program. She was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions with clarity and confidence. She explained the features and benefits of the service in detail and showed me how to use the online portal. She also gave me some tips and tricks to get the most out of the service. She was very friendly and courteous throughout the process and made me feel comfortable and valued as a customer. She was patient and attentive to my needs and preferences and customized the service to suit me. She followed up with me after the sign up and made sure everything was working well. She was always available and responsive whenever I needed her assistance. Donna is a great representative of the company and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a reliable and professional service. She made the sign up process easy and enjoyable for me.

Reviewed July 2, 2024

Be very careful with this company, they will steal your money. They are rip off artists, you're paying your monthly payments and all of a sudden you're paying double your amount 6 to 7 months in. True scam artists.

Pinned

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience. Please contact our Customer Loyalty Group at your earliest opportunity to discuss your concerns at 888-768-4767 or by email at QualityAssuranceResolutions@clearoneadvantage.com.

Reviewed June 30, 2024

When I signed with this company the promises were probably too good to be true and should have recognized that. I accelerated my payment, they missed one of my cc. They held my money in global holdings and were going to pay a payment monthly instead of sending it in. I called every single month and was told "We got it. I put it in your file. We will take care of" to no avail. They are liars at best.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to speak with our management team on 7/2/2024 regarding your review, Ms. Roberts. We greatly appreciate your feedback to help us improve your experience. At this time, your concerns have been addressed to your satisfaction. Should you need anything in the future please contact us at customerservice@clearoneadvantage.com.

Reviewed May 22, 2024

I was really pleased with Misty. She was professional and friendly. She answered all my questions, explained the program clearly and thoroughly. She was quite knowledgeable about the program. I appreciated the fact that she would be with me throughout the entire process and assured me that I could call her for help and information. She gave me the confidence in her company and herself to go ahead with the program.

Pinned

This is wonderful news! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! If you need any additional assistance, please call our Customer Loyalty Group at (888) 768-4767 or email us at customerservice@clearoneadvantage.com!

Customer ServicePriceStaffTransparency

Reviewed May 22, 2024

This sounded like a good idea when I went through the enrollment process. I thought I was getting clear and concise information at the time. During the course of my enrollment, I found out that not only did I not get all of the necessary information, but I actually got different information with every single person that I spoke to. Anytime I called in for help and was told I would be called back, nobody called me back. Any information I needed I had to chase down. They told me my credit score would dip initially, it absolutely tanked my credit scores and my credit scores are still terrible even after I having paid all of my debt off . It is also reported to the credit bureau that the balances are not paid in full, even though they’re settled, so if you’re doing this with any hope of being able to purchase a home, don’t. Find another way.

I explained to them that I was doing this to clear my debt to buy a home and they assured me that my credit would go up as soon as all of the settlements were in place. Not True. I’m also still waiting for them to send me back the money that I overpaid to get everything cleared up. This was a terrible experience that put me behind for every goal I had. Most of the support staff does not know what they’re talking about, and getting to the bottom of how things really work is virtually impossible. Don’t buy into the sales line. They just want to get the fees off of you and although my debt is gone, I think I would’ve been better off if I would’ve just kept paying my bills since I had a really high credit score when I went into this. It might’ve taken longer, but it wouldn’t have cost me nearly as much.

Reviewed May 21, 2024

ClearOne is in a hurry to sign you up, but then take forever to negotiate your settlements. They say one low monthly payment but every time they do negotiate a settlement, they want to add to the amount of money they are taking for my payment every month. My monthly payment has more than doubled with them since I first signed up. I ended being able to settle with a couple of my creditors directly instead of waiting for Clear One to negotiate with them and saved myself some money on the fees I'm paying to Clear One. Also, they take their fees BEFORE they pay your creditors. Very difficult to get a hold of customer service and they don't answer your questions timely. I had one negotiation settled that was supposed to be paid in a lump sum and they did the draft for the settlement amount from my bank account, but the account still shows as not having been settled. This was in February 2024. It is now the end of May. Just kind of sketchy.

Pinned

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please contact our Customer Loyalty Group at your earliest opportunity to discuss your concerns at 888-768-4767 or by email at customerservice@clearoneadvantage.com.

ClearOne Advantage FAQ

What is ClearOne Advantage?

ClearOne Advantage is a debt resolution company offering debt settlement services. This means that the company will negotiate on your behalf with your creditors for a reduction in your debts owed. In exchange for its services, you’ll pay ClearOne Advantage a percentage-based fee once a settlement has been reached.

How does ClearOne Advantage work?

To work with ClearOne Advantage, you’ll first set up a free debt consolidation consultation with one of the company’s certified debt specialists. The specialist will help you set up an affordable monthly payment plan that’s typically 40% less than the minimum monthly amount you owe to your creditors.

Once you agree to the plan, you’ll enroll in the ClearOne Advantage program and begin making monthly deposits into an escrow account. Once you have accumulated enough in your account, ClearOne Advantage will begin its negotiations with your creditors on your behalf.

Once an agreement has been reached with a creditor, you’ll approve the terms before it’s finalized. ClearOne Advantage says that you could end up paying creditors less than 75% of what you previously owed, including fees.

ClearOne Advantage says the first settlement is typically finalized in three to four months, and the total debt settlement process can take anywhere from 24 to 60 months.

Note that there is no guarantee a creditor will agree to settle. And, since you need to stop making payments to creditors during the negotiation period, you’ll incur interest and late fees on those unpaid amounts. Ensure the risks are worth it before pursuing any debt settlement program.

What services does ClearOne Advantage offer?

ClearOne Advantage can only settle credit card debts and store cards. Secured debt, such as mortgages, auto loans and home equity loans, are typically not eligible for debt settlement services.

ClearOne Advantage does not offer bankruptcy or credit counseling services. It also does not offer any legal support should a creditor decide to sue you for nonpayment.

How much does ClearOne Advantage cost?

ClearOne Advantage does not publish its fees online. Fees can vary depending on your debt amount, type of debt and credit score.

There are no upfront fees, and you won’t pay until a settlement has been arranged with a creditor and you’ve agreed to the terms.

Does ClearOne Advantage have a money-back guarantee?

ClearOne Advantage says it offers a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. Also, you will not pay any fees until after a settlement has been agreed to with your creditors. However, ClearOne Advantage does not guarantee that your debts will be lowered by a specific amount or percentage or that you will be debt-free within a specific period of time. As well, there is no guarantee that creditors will agree to settle.

Do I need a hardship to use ClearOne Advantage?

Yes. With any debt settlement program, you need to stop paying your creditors in order to establish financial hardship.

Will using ClearOne Advantage hurt my credit score?

Yes, debt settlement requires you to stop paying your bills in order to negotiate your debt at a smaller amount, which can ultimately harm your credit score. It can take several months or even years to rebuild your credit after debt settlement.

Is ClearOne Advantage legit?

ClearOne Advantage is a legitimate debt settlement company and an accredited member of Consumer Debt Relief Initiative. It says it has helped over 170,000 clients settle over $3 billion in debt to date and offers a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. Its escrow account for your deposits is insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.

ClearOne Advantage Company Information