Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.31/5

Need a payday & title loan lender?

Currently serving customers in Alabama, Idaho, Kansas, Missouri, Utah, and Tennessee.

Since 1996, Advance Financial has offered payday lending including FLEX loans, wire transfers, prepaid cards, bill payment and unlimited free money orders. Advance Financial’s 80+ storefront locations are open 24/7 for fast and convenient service. They have experienced steady success starting with only three stores in 1998, and growing to over 80 stores and 700 employees in 2016. Advance Financial is committed to helping customers achieve their financial goals.

Apply now and get a loan for up to $4,000 as soon as today!

View More View More

Advance Financial Reviews

Original review: May 1, 2019

They are TERRIBLE! I PAID OVER $5000 ON A $500 LOAN! Plus when I went to pay it off they tried to tell me I had a past due amount $300 when my "pay off" was only $107!!! If you are desperate for money I highly recommend looking elsewhere!! You will never get this paid off!

Original review: April 7, 2019

This company sends a letter to you stating that you are pre-approved for a specific loan amount in the thousands BEFORE you are approved!! Don't do what I did. They ran a credit check, of course negatively impacting my credit score and then denied me the loan that I was "pre-approved" for! What happened to companies getting in trouble for false advertising?? This company is bad enough with such astronomically high interest rates, they don't need to capitalize on that with false advertising. Do not send mailings out or allow them to be sent out in any way from your company that state that someone is pre-approved for something, when clearly they find out they were never pre-approved. DON'T GO THERE. FAIR WARNING.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I borrowed some cash from this place to pay bills in between jobs. They said my payments would be around a certain amount. They hit my account not once, not twice, but 3 times in one day for over $987. All my bills bounced because of it. My debt seems to keep climbing the more I pay. I can't get this thing paid. They said payments will be due every other week. That's a lie too. I get hit weekly.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Everyone was very nice and polite. It was less stress doing it this way than going to a bank and going thru all the crap and still not getting a loan. We loved our experience at the Covington office. All the employees are very nice and professional.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I got a loan to help pay for a family vacation, work slowed down temporarily and I was unable to finish paying for the trip and didn't want to let my family down. I was told payments were $25. My 1st payment was. After that, without even adding to the amount I originally borrowed, the payments jumped to $173, twice a month. How is that even possible. I've been making biweekly payments for 4 months but the loan continues to increase rather than decrease. I owe hundreds more now, than I did before making any payments. I don't see how this loan will ever be able to be paid off, unless in full, in one payment. Also, today they posted a hold for a payment that isn't due for another week. This has caused other bills to not clear. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the way they do things.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advance Financial?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

My wife got a loan from these sharks and they used my bank account info when she is not on my account. Then they zapped my account!!! When I went in to talk to them they would not give me info even though I had my wife give them permission. FINALLY after an act of congress they gave me the documents I asked for. They actually accessed my account and looked at everything I was doing on my own personal checking account just as I do!!! And my wife is NOT on my checking account!!! Don't do business here!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

After reading other reviews, it seems that another customer had the same issue as I have experienced today. I had set up a payment arrangement for the 15th, however, when I checked my bank account today the transaction is showing pending, which will now cause my mortgage and water bill to bounce. These people do not care to honor what they have set up in the system. Now, I will be facing losing my home because of these people. There are other companies that are much better to deal with than them. I have like many others paid more money out and the balance going nowhere. They are heartless and I can tell now they don't care about messing up people's lives. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM EVER!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Everything was going so well with this company till recently. I called on 12/24 asking for an extension on my payment till 1/11. No one on the call mentioned there is a chance it could be taken out anyway prior to that time. On 12/31 the merchant withdrew the funds anyway and caused my mortgage check to bounce. I spent well over 2 hours speaking with different people within this organization and no one could help me. I have now had to work with my bank who I have been with for 15 years and my mortgage company because this company did not provide me with enough information. I plan to spend every penny I can paying them off and in the meantime explaining to the consumer what bad practices they have. If I had been told on that call on 12/24 this could happen I would have made other arrangements. Thanks for ruining my holidays.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I borrowed $800 for house payment between jobs. That was 6 months ago. I pay $100 every 2 weeks and nothing goes towards the principal. I still owe $800+ yet I have given AdFin $1200. I don't make enough to get ahead of this loan. I used them because my credit and job history did not qualify me for a personal loan. I need $1000 to close the loan. That's half of my monthly income. Help.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Ok, first things first, I went to Advance Financial and got a flex loan approved for $2,400. I asked the gentleman behind the counter what my payments will be each month because I'm disabled and have a very limited income. The gentleman told me that my payments will be $290 a month, so I told him that's not a problem, so I went ahead with the loan. My first payment was the quoted $290, so no problem. I then get an email that my next payment is $604, I about had a heart attack!! I promptly called and the first two people hung up on me, and I was very polite!

I then called and asked for a manager, and they only gave me a runaround. I told the woman that if I was told from the beginning that my payments would damn near triple I wouldn't of gone through with this loan. They told me from the beginning that my payments were going to be $290. So they need to live up to what they tell people. As it is now, I can't afford to pay any of my other bills nor can I even afford to buy food or pay my electric bill. They should be ashamed of themselves for lying and taking advantage of people as they've done to myself and many others.

Advance Financial Company Information