Celtic Bank

Compare Business Loans

Research top Business Loans recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We received an email stating that our business qualifies for the "VIP Business Program for up to $250,000 of unsecured funding at 3.59%" and called as this was for unsecured loans. After having a brief conversation with a customer service representative they stated that only 1 in 100 applicants gets anywhere near 6% let alone the 3.59% as advertised. In my opinion this is a complete waste of time and they knowingly send out false advertisements to waste people's time.

They were very helpful! All the questions I had they answered efficiently and I left knowing all that I needed to know. The lady I talked to was very patient with me (since I had no idea what I was doing, really) and spent a decent amount of time helping me. It obviously takes awhile to fill out forms and get everything situated but they were helpful when I needed help answering specific questions. I'd recommend even bringing a snack! It takes me back to high school where it took forever to fill out paperwork and tests. Everyone there was very patient and helpful and answered all the questions and concerns I had.

The customer support was definitely one of the better departments that I have dealt with over all throughout my life. They always were pleasant and courteous and helped with every question I had. The application process was looking good and tedious and really was one of the lesser parts of the entire process which has I did not enjoy too thoroughly. It could definitely be tweaked.

I was happy with the rates that I received with my loan. Being able to pay it back quickly and without having any setbacks was definitely a good thing. And that was all because the rate that I received wasn't astronomical. The online tools that the Celtic bank offered were good. It helped me be able to track exactly how much I still owed on my loan and it was broken down into a number of different sections and tools which had made finding anything I wanted to know out on my own.

The support was always very helpful, providing all the information I needed to fix any issues or answer any question I had. Overall, the people who contacted me were cheerful and upbeat. The process did make sense, but the time it took was a little too long, and the things I had to go through were a little too tedious and repetitive. The rates and pricing were reasonable and well-priced for the quality and plans it offered. The plans were clear and also made sense in context. The online tools it has were efficient and I could figure out what to do myself without getting help, and the ways to make things work online were also very clear.

I feel like the staff was very knowledgeable and informative but discriminated against me because of not only my financial situation but based on some of my physical characteristics as well. I was not comfortable with the way I got treated once they had all of my information. The application process was very easy to understand and did not take me a long time to complete. I felt that the way I answered some of the questions is what caused me to be discriminated against later on. I thought that the rate and terms, had I been accepted, were very fair. I have explored other options and compared to others it would have been very affordable and I would have been happy to pay it. The online tools helped me to understand much better. They are very innovative and although I am not exactly technically savvy it was very easy to use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Celtic Bank?

Very thorough in helping me. They were patient, understanding and considerate of my needs for loan funds. I was offered extensive customer service through multiple means. The application process was detailed but fair and allowed me to present myself and why I thought I should be approved for a loan from the bank. The rates and terms were explained thoroughly and all conditions were well explained. Further assistance was granted during the signing process if needed. A variety of useful online e-tools was available to facilitate my needs. They were easily accessible and made the entire process worry free.

Everyone was very helpful and answered all the questions I had. Service was timely. The people were courteous and I encountered no problems when I contacted the company whether it was by phone or in person. My application process was easy and quick. Everything was vivid, clear, and easy to understand. I encountered no problems during the application process, the process went by smoothly. The rates and terms were easy to understand. I had questions, but they were answered when I called. Rates are fair and terms are fair. Online tools were efficient and helpful. They were easily accessible and helped guide me through the website and still help me when I need help.

Celtic Bank customer service was just okay. They did not do anything outstanding nor did they do anything to make me mad. Celtic Bank business loan application process was mediocre. It took longer than expected and they required a lot of paperwork but in the end I got the loan for my business. Celtic Bank's business loans rates and terms are again just average. I found other loans that I would pay more for and some that I would pay less for interest. Celtic Bank business loans online tools are just like everybody else's. They are nothing special and did not stand out to me but they do work for their purpose.

It is a surprisingly wonderful customer support. I'm not used to being treated so well as they treated me. I am sure there is an abundance of dedicated professionals working to make this kind of top of the line service possible. The application process went smoother than I thought it would go, thanks to the amazing customer service. Still encountered some nuisances, however not big enough things for me to be upset. Simplified rates and terms, very easy to understand, and even if you don't, there is always the good tier customer support to back you up. I'm going to be honest, I can't fully review the online tools since I'm not very intimate with computers. However, my work colleagues who helped me in said situation had no problems with it. So I assume it's as good as the customer support.

Expert Review

Barbara FriedbergPersonal Finance Contributing Editor

Barbara Friedberg, MBA, MS is a former investment portfolio manager with decades of financial experience. Friedberg taught Finance and Investments at several universities. Her work has been featured in U.S. News & World Report, Investopedia, Yahoo!Finance and many more publications.    More about Barbara→

Celtic Bank was founded in 2001 and is headquartered in Salt Lake City. They lend money to small and medium-sized for business acquisition, working capital, inventory and equipment. They also finance ground-up construction, offer debt refinancing, money marketing accounts (MMA) and certificates of deposits (CD).

• SBA: Celtic Bank is a U.S. Small Business Association (SBA) Preferred Lender, meaning it has a successful record processing and servicing SBA-guaranteed loans. It is the seventh most active lender in the SBA Preferred Lender program.
  • Online forms: Interested customers can download loan application forms for all of Celtic Bank’s products online. They can also download documents, such as an SBA Application Checklist, to make the application process easier.
  • Loan options: Celtic Bank offers several types of loans to accommodate many different types of businesses. Their Express Term Loans are available in the amount of $20,000-$150,000 and provide business owners with working capital and/or allow them to purchase equipment. Those applying for a USDA B&I Loan can borrow up to $10 million.
  • Residential construction: In addition to small business loans, Celtic Bank also offers loans to individuals who want to build a new home or remodel their current home. It many cases, applicants can be approved in 48 hours.
  • Savings: Celtic Bank’s savings tools include MMAs and CDs. The minimum amount for each of these accounts is $1,000.
  • Best for Celtic Banks offers a variety of loans to help small, mid-size and larger businesses.

Compare Business Loans