2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.09/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Toyota Reviews

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Having owned several Toyotas, I considered them to be good reliable vehicles and never had a reason to question the warranty. After 6 months and about 3,000 miles I noted that my rear taillight assembly was lost. At the Sweet Toyota dealership, the body shop manager noted that there was no damage to the taillight and offered that one of the 2 screws attaching it to the body must have been over-torqued on installation. The 2 screws go into a metal clip embedded in the molded plastic taillight unit.

My local dealership offered to split the $180.00 cost for a new unit because Toyota would not consider that as a warranty part. The help line at Toyota told me they would reimburse me up to $100.00 if I sent in a receipt because I was such a good customer. Why was I asked to play these games? Why doesn't the dealer and Toyota handle this without involving me and my money "up front." Please note, this wasn't a light bulb, it was a molded plastic unit similar to a plastic bumper or fender piece. Maybe Toyota should list what items are actually covered under their warranty rather than simply excluding fair wear and tear items like tires and wiper blades. What are the odds that I will consider Toyota for my next new vehicle?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

@toyota #toyota Too bad your remote start feature is not working right. I should of never dealt with this company. Now I'm stuck with a brand new 2020 Corolla with no functional remote start. I'm still waiting from Toyota headquarters to call me back! Please rethink your choice of car. Toyota is not the best anymore sad to say. There are a lot of other brand of cars to choose from.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Purchased a brand new Toyota 4Runner in 2016. At 64000 miles, just over warranty, it experienced a stuck lifter in the cylinder head. Leaked all the oil, and scored the piston walls. No check engine light, no low oil pressure alarm, nothing to signify anything was wrong with the vehicle. Toyota denied the warranty claim and now we are stuck with a 6600 bill to replace the engine. I have always been a toyota fan, have owned them all my life, but I will now be looking at other options. Beware, this could happen to you.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Original owner of 2008 Prius still going strong at 170,000 miles. All original parts. Battery replaced last year by 3rd party. Daily hour commute; with regular maintenance it will last forever! I love my Prius!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

As with most Toyota’s bulletproof comes to mind and this vehicle is no exception. Good connectivity in car along with a fairly comfortable ride. Drive range is good considering the weight when fully loaded, I averaged about 850kms for a full 76ltr tank. Great towing capacity at around 2 ton coupled with a deep tray gives you plenty of space. All around great car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Great value for the money. Limited trunk space. An optional package on the higher end would have been nice. The small window in the rear doors is difficult for passengers that get car sick. 40l of fuel gets about 600km.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

There was recall on my car in 2002 and no informed me. Toyota Corporate or Richardson Toyota. Now they won’t even look at. Don’t buy a Toyota or if you avoid these Toyota Richardson and Toyota of Dallas. What they have done to me, overcharging for maintenance and rude service advisors. Hours of waiting. I and my wife will never buy a new car from Toyota.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

Perfect car for us. Totally reliable. 84,000 miles and we have only had to replace the battery. It is a 2015. Can’t ever go wrong with Toyota! Great ride. The back seat fits 3 large adults easily. Sound system is awesome for a 5 year old car. Wish they still made them!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

This truck is the best manual it has 160 hp. You can go anywhere cheap. The downside is they get rusty here in Canada but I go hard and weld metal to body. It is very easy and nice. The style is better than most new trucks. This is a balling whip that's great to chop.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Great on gas..winter I get 40 mpg summer 34 mpg...2007 and no major issues since. Reliable. Great in snow and rain. Handles amazingly. All basic are met. Easy to maintain. Drive is smooth and power when needed.

Toyota Company Information