2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

3.5/5 (78 ratings)
Shop Now on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Subaru Forester

The Subaru Forester is a compact crossover SUV. Read more Subaru reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Subaru Forester Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subaru Forester?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subaru Forester?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Very good for snow and off road terrain, huge cargo space, however underpowered to a fault. Main problem so far is that driver’s seat is very uncomfortable, and steering wheel does not extend sufficiently, either your legs are bent or your arms uncomfortably stretched, otherwise, serves the purpose.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Major work needed to be done at 80k. Engine reseal with cams and something else. Right now the transmission sounds bad and I need need new shocks and struts before I get tires. I bought this car 2011 and expected no major work until 150k. Very disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

This is the third Forester I have owned, and by far the best. Added safety features are great, and driving this Forester is an absolute pleasure. As far as looks go, I had no intention on upgrading from my 2016 Forester, but once I saw the new 19 Sport, just had to have it.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

Great car. All wheel drive. No problems. Well made to last for long time. This is my second Subaru. Drove thru many snow storms in Rochester NY with no problem. Great color and still shines. 2012 model. Very little maintenance. Bought it as a pre-owned vehicle with low mileage and fantastic warranty. Would highly recommend this car.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I love my 2010 Forester, however, the pick up is weak. I cannot accelerate as quick as I would like to, especially in scary situations on the highway. Subaru puts 4 cylinders in their cars to save on gas, and I understand that, but my car is a little slower than I would like. I have taken this vehicle all across the country. I have done a lot of off-roading in the Nevada, Arizona and California deserts as well as the mountains in California, New York, Utah, etc. It did very well on rough, icy and muddy roads. I actually lived and slept in this car for a while. Surprisingly comfortable! I love my Subaru. I put over 50,000 miles on it since I bought it used back in 2017. I will definitely consider a newer Forester when the time comes to purchase another car.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I have had several Foresters and it is the only car I will buy. It is average on gas, but it is good in the winter weather which is very important to me. I like the way it drives and that is a highly rated safe car.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Love some features, hate some features. The adaptive cruise control is excellent. It works from a dead stop up to the speed the driver has chosen. Driver information messages are awful. The only display for a second or two. A chime lets you know there is a message, but by the time you look down to see it the message has already disappeared.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

This is my fourth Subaru. I've owned two Outbacks and two Foresters. Each one I've owned has given me excellent service, with no problems whatsoever. I am especially pleased with the safety features on my 2019 Forester Limited. Mine has Eyesight front collision prevention, lane departure warning, lane-keeping assist, rear collision prevention, and blind-spot monitoring. The 2019 Forester is larger than its predecessors, peppier, and gets better mileage. How do they do this? Subaru clearly listens to its customers, and this is reflected in each year's improvements. My only complaint in previous models was the turn signal clicker. I often couldn't hear it over traffic noise or the sound system. Subaru fixed this with the 2019 models. I can hear it, even while playing the excellent Harmon Kardon sound system, and it's not obnoxious. Just loud enough to tell me that my turn signal is on. It's this attention to detail that will keep me a loyal customer.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I love this car as it makes me feel safe. It is easy to drive, has ample leg room and is high enough for me to get in and out with ease. I also like the fact that it is a very safe car with an internal frame that makes for a secure feeling. My wife drives one as well and she was t-boned by a large pick up and escaped unscathed. It also offers substantial storage and carrying capacity. I would recommend this vehicle to any one.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Four months into ownership, 2nd Subaru. Fuel mileage great. Sometimes phone connection is slow on bluetooth. There is no really center console space for stuff. Seat belt connections are too low. I had to buy extenders so I could reach them. They are okay if you are short and move your seat forward, but if not they are between the seat and center console and hard to get to. Also, the door pockets could be just a tad deeper say another 1/2 inch of space so you can actually get stuff and your hand in there.. Also, the fabric floor mats that come with the vehicle are junk. Make them better or remove them from the price. However, they did come with great plastic floor mats which are the only ones I use.

Subaru Forester Company Information