3.2/5 (537 reviews)

Overall Rating3.2 out of 5

About Cathay Pacific Airlines

Cathay Pacific Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cathay Pacific Airlines?
Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

In spite of being fully vaccinated with antibodies, I was prevented from flying from Toyko to Hong Kong on my flights from Omaha on 8/8/21. When I arrived in Narita, I was told that my 72-hour COVID test had expired while in the air. CP staff requested that I fly back to the U.S. since there were no airport tests and I could not exit the airport. Even though I had a quarantine with COVID tests awaiting me in HK, they would not let me board. Since I had flown for 2 days, I opted for a closer place, Guam, where I started over with tests.

Several days later, when we were about to take off, I was pulled from the plane and told that CP in Tokyo AGAIN was not allowing me to fly to HK. I was not given any reason until after the plane left. It turns out CP staff mistakenly said I had taken the wrong COVID test, which was not the case. But I had to start over AGAIN with the testing process. After a week in Guam, I finally arrived in HK. I lost a week of wages, the cost of a flight to Guam, hotel/taxi/food costs. Since this was 100% their mistake, I expected to be compensated. Instead, they lied, saying I took myself off the plane! They never apologized at all! This airline has zero integrity, so you cannot trust their word!

Original review: April 29, 2020

They confirmed no extra ticket charges due to the current crisis yet when you call and want to reschedule the flight they cancelled, they want to charge the double of original price. Customer service is rude and not trying to help you.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

Travel is a gift. Every touch point should evoke a different sense of excitement and thrill. Air flights are the beginnings of many touch points, and options for comfort exist. International business class is not all equal. Here's my optic of Cathay Pacific Business Class LAX-HKG-BKK and the return BKK-HKG-LAX. How excited we were to by chance be able to save our vacation travel from headaches and fly Cathay Pacific. Originally, we were set to fly PAL Business Class thru Manila to BKK; however, the Taal Volcano threw us a curve ball four days before our journey was to begin.

In desperately search for an alternative carrier that would align with existing connections in BKK as well as return accommodation in BKK, Cathay Pacific held the flights. Without hesitation we booked. Now, we are not novices to International Business Class travel. EVA is our most preferred carrier, but its flight schedule did not align with our awaiting connection in BKK. We had always said that we should fly Cathay Pacific to see how it compared. It was only just nine months earlier we flew PAL for the first time, and were pleasantly surprised. With that being said, we were under impression that Cathay Pacific held one up on EVA. So, perhaps Cathay Pacific would be our new go to first before EVA. Let us begin.

Flight CX881 15 Jan 20. LAX-HKG departed on time. That's always a good thing. The business seat though lacks lumbar support (see photo). The amenity kit was marginal stocked with a toothbrush kit, 15ml mouthwash, Bamford hand cream plus lip balm as well as hydrating face spray, sleep mask, and earplugs. Other marginal amenities were a pair of small disposal slippers that are not quite sized to accommodate a wide foot market, and a comforter. No pajamas here folks on this long haul as EVA, but to be fair PAL lacks PJs as well. Good thing though I brought a heavy cotton sweater as the cabin is kept cold, like cold cold. You learn these little things as you travel. Not all carriers maintain comfortable air.

Movie selection at first appears to be vast, but upon further review, Maleficent was the only recent movie. I'm not on top of trending movies, so I named Maleficent due to TV commercial exposure. The rest are older releases with some that are ancient. Ah, not something expected. Please take time to learn what customers are seeing at the movies. A note about the interactive monitor, it is sluggish to the point of freezing up at times while scrolling. What type of dated software operating system is being used? Just saying.

The dinner options were typical. Local food with some Western. When the flight attendant came to take my dinner order, she asked if I would like the burger. My mind was like WTF? She then asked if I would like the seared chicken breast. That received a no. She actually look stunned and finally asked what I would like. I think she must have been Bslapped surprised when I ordered fish ball tung choy choy soup. For beverages, I ordered French Burgundy and water. BTW, NO flight attendant comes around asking if you would like more wine. WTF? Dessert taken was cheeses along with fruit, and I asked for a cordial cointreau. Another look of like OMG I have to work. With the flight leaving almost at midnight, there was no pre cordial anything which was not expected either. So many touch points missed. Remember this is International Business Class, not American/United/Delta domestic make believe first.

A tablecloth is laid, but do not get excited. Food is divvied up on a luncheon tray. Excuse me! We're flying International Business Class on Cathay Pacific, not China Eastern. The food had good flavor, but there is no individual salt or pepper shakers. There goes another touch point. After meal I went to the restroom to brush my teeth. I expected it to be stocked with extras as well, but not. The restroom was basic with two soaps and some hand cream. There is no extra mouthwash, or travel kit material such as toothbrush, toothpaste, or even single use shavers. Heck, even Asiana and Korean Air restrooms contain along with EVA and PAL stocking extras.

Remember, Cathay Pacific ranks number four airline according to SkyTrac. I did ask a crew member for extra mouthwash. She searched high and low. Nope, there is nothing extra to be sourced on this carrier. Remember, Cathay Pacific ranks number 4. One side note, a 500ml bottle of Evian water is provided. One has to give that to an attendant for refill. The refill though was not Evian. How do I know? I asked for a refill by going up to the galley area where all good little flight attendants herd avoiding customers.

I was told to bring my empty bottle up where it was refilled with basic bottle water. My eyes were shocked. Okay, I know don't be that picky. However, this carrier is bloated with reviews that do not reflect its actuality. After taking sleep, a morning meal was served. I did prefill my request. Same issues as with dinner service, so no need to redredge. Beyond four plus touchpoints and missed superior service achievement on this particular leg.

CX615 17 Jan 20. HKK-BKK proved to be a tad better in flight service. Seats in business were not all occupied, so perhaps that was why. I had the dim sum for meal. Eh, was it purchased from Costco? Maximums is in HKG airport, go eat Dim Sum there. Returning. CX700 30 Jan 20. HKG-BKK was similar as before. I had asked to speak with the head flight attendant about why I received an HTML email from Cathay Pacific in Chinese. The tickets were purchased in US. All contact information is US. All communication email up to 27 Jan 30 are in HTML English. She had no idea and a bit confused why too. We also shared with her our initial optics of the company she works for. Sharing the impersonalness, the lack luster. She got pulled away because of the Captain, and I could hear her mention something to an attendant about my optics.

About a minute later, an attendant came up asking me if I wanted a drink to calm down. I could only chuckle to myself, and tell the attendant that her boss clearly failed to grasp what I was sharing about Cathay Pacific. I certainly was not wanting booze at 8:20am. She said she would let her boss know. After takeoff the head flight attendant returned. We both went over with her the lackluster of hype about Cathay Pacific. She got it and was a bit of a taken back. I told her that she clearly should go experience EVA or even PAL service delivery. I even told her PAL may not have the most up to date business aesthetic cabin on all its planes, but the personalness along with not serving food on a cafeteria tray are better presentation than Cathay Pacific's presentation. Yes, again I know it reads picky; however, I've been flying International business class for almost 30 years. Many airlines fail and many continue to fail presentation.

CX882 30 Jan 20. HKG-LAX held the same boring nothingness service as the outbound. After dinner, another round of hot towels were passed. The one I received was ice cold. I brought it to an attendant's attention. She tried to pass the buck on it being how the towels are stacked. Excuse me? Why is that my concern, and why did the young man who brought the towels fail to twice check that the towels were correct for delivery. I went to use the restroom and it was not stocked with cups. Do no attendants service the restrooms? Eww. There goes beyond countable touch points.

So here as I write, we are 35 minutes before landing. Would I fly Cathay Pacific again? No. Why would I go out of my way to recommend Cathay Pacific as I do with other international business class service carriers such as EVA, Korean Air, PAL, JAL, KLM, Asiana? No. Will I share my experience flying on Cathay Pacific with someone who asks have I ever flown? Yes. Just now as I sit finishing this, an attendant came by asking may she collect my glassware. I said yes. She stood there with her tray awaiting me to place on. Why did I have to do her job?

So, this was my experience flying International Business Class on Cathay Pacific ranked number four carrier by SkyTrac. How it ranks higher than EVA, I scratch my head. Perhaps the flyers skytrac asks are the problem, or perhaps the questions asked are not the right ones. As for Cathay Pacific, I'm willing to bet that it will remain as it is. One thing for us is that we don't repeat sloppy. Safe travels! And, there is nothing special about flying Cathay Pacific International business class.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Terrible!!! Terrible!!! Please avoid and do not choose Cathay Pacific as they will abandon you in times of trouble. Very slow response, they don't care about the passenger's welfare. They never bother to rebook the cancelled flight because of the corona virus outbreak. They are policy oriented people. They cannot help you at the moment you need them as Cathay Pacific is also a terrible company. They will just abandon people. No hotel or any accommodation being provided. I was stuck in the Aiport in Cebu for the whole night as there was no help at all. I requested for them to rebook my flight but they refused. I even asked Cathay Pacific to help me but they refused as well.

The communication and their customer service is a struggle. It's very hard to contact them with regards to my cancelled flight. No advice or any notification from them. Very irresponsible company. Avoid this type of people who don't have a heart. I am really annoyed with the way they handled the situation. They are just after for the money as they told me to book for another flight and it's very expensive as they cannot rebook me. They never help me at all. Please if you can avoid this company please do so. This type of company should never exist in this type of industry. They will exploit and persecute you in times of need. Avoid avoid avoid. Terrible company. If I can only rate this company to 0 I would do so. This is outrageously unacceptable!!!!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I travel overseas twice a year. Cathay Pacific is the airline company who's given me the worst impression so far. Last time when I booked my flights with them online, I chose vegetarian meals. But when I was about to go aboard, the crew blamed me that I didn't tell the counter that I required vegetarian meals and asked me to buy my own meals from the airport. I was horrified from what I heard. Plus, the staff really don't like to smile.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I was waiting in gate 34 since 9 am in terminal 2 till 8 pm, I heard NO announcement of the flight or my name till I went to the board and see it's gate 43, so I run to the gate and lady by Cathay Pacific uniform stayed about 500 meter away from the gate with my name in her hand, I identify that's me and she said, "Hurry up. The gate is going to close," when we got to the gate they said it's already closed, they took my boarding pass and send to customer service, she said, "You must pay NO Show Fee HD 1570 and buy a new ticket for HD 3140."

I was really frustrated and I said, "It's your fault and I have to pay all this because of it?" No solid answer, I said, "Let me go online and check for the new ticket" and find China Air offering $366, I deserved that one and Cathay Pacific didn't refund any part of my unused ticket plus on top of that they were penalizing me. Their customer service staff were strict forward and like army just following the rules without any sympathy and apologies, No flight with CATHAY PACIFIC for me again.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Travelling from Beijing to Hong Kong with the right cabin size baggage and appropriate weight was still refused to board the flight, I begged them that I'll leave the baggage and take the clothes in small bag which I was having. Still they shut the entry gate on my face and refused me to board the flight even though I was 30 minutes earlier. I am student at Beijing university but for them they have nothing to do with it. Worst airlines to travel with.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

It was my flight from Dubai to HK on 18th of November 2019 - Flight CX 738. I had my hand carry with me with right baggage allowance and carrying my shoulder bag with me. I ask the lady name Malla/Mallar If she can help me to put it in the cabin (I ask for her assistance in a nice way and didn’t tell her to put by herself) cause it’s was a bit heavy and hard for me to put it but she replied arrogantly that if it’s heavy for me it was heavy for herself as well and telling me to go check the weight of my luggage again outside the plane. I was a bit shock and just told her, "No worries. I’ll try to do it" and when she notice I got pissed she suddenly insisted that we put together. And another cabin crew was talking rude to an old lady for putting her shoes on cause we are landing. I hope they don’t base their attitude and service if which “class” are you in the plane. Economy, Business Class, or First Class, they should treat the people in a same way.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

We'll never choose to fly with Cathay again. In general, our Cathay flight experiences have been good so far, but when it comes to customer service..it's the worst! First of all they make it so hard to make a complaint or ask for refund. There is no email to contact them and they are not answering the phone number that's available to the public. Even now I am calling them and still no one is answering.

I booked a holiday package for me and my husband (flight + hotel) from Cathay Pacific fanfares website for Penang, Malaysia. The name of the second passenger had a typo error which I noticed only 2 days BEFORE the flight. I was calling Cathay Pacific Holidays hotline at 27473311 but no one was picking up so we decided to go to the airport the day of the flight and try find someone there to help us (it was 6am). Lady at the ticketing office was rude and keep saying that there was nothing she could do and that we should buy a new ticket but there were no seats available and she suggested to put us on waiting list (note that the flight was departing in 2 hours). At the end, we went back home as no one wanted to help us and just like that we lost EUR650.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

I am very disappointed to choose this airline to my long waited trip to Toronto. I flew 27 hours from my country, and they missed my baggage, it’d been 3 days now I’m surviving without my baggage in a country far from home. Can I give you zero star? And what do you mean you cannot update my missing baggage status?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I flew from Shanghai to Barcelona via HK. The 1st flight was delayed so I barely made it to the 2nd. However, my suitcase didn't. In Barcelona, they told me I need to wait 2 more days for my baggage. The luggage was supposed to be delivered at 1.30 PM, then in the evening, then the next (3rd) day morning. It seems I am never going to get my suitcase back. I tried calling the airlines, but no one pick ups the phone EVER! They also don't respond to emails. I tried the website but it is just looping and it is impossible to get in touch them unless they call you to tell you that you need to wait even longer. Worst experience ever.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Cathay Pacific used to be a great airline, years ago I was a loyal customer. Things have changed, they prize themselves on great customer service which justifies costs higher than their competition. However in recent years, they have outsourced their customer service to call centres that get bogged down by roundabout policies that make it impossible to get things done. Their responses are all very robotic, scripted and designed to suck more money out of you with hidden fees. They treat you with the same low level of customer service regardless of whether you are a loyalty cardholder or not. Their aircrafts are becoming dated and their food is now on par with cheaper airlines. Go for a cheaper airline, you'll pay less for the same thing, and with lower expectations, you can at least expect a certain level of mistreatment.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Cathay Pacific is not a good airline anymore. I have traveled few times in past 2 years and experience is not good at all. They do not have anything to offer if passenger is hungry (apart from meal) like fruits, juice, soup etc. The value for money is not fair. I originally booked my flight which was of 22 hours duration including waiting time at transition airport but I ended up with more than 33 hours of travel time with 2 transitions which is so stressful. On top of this there is no one to help on customer care on Sunday. What if someone is in urgent need? Who is responsible for that? I will not recommend travelling from this airlines and will not be taking any Cathay Pacific flights in future.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

This is first time to have a flight with Cathay Pacific and will be the last time as well. Due to the protest stuffs going on in Hong Kong, we were worried that it might affect our honeymoon trip. I called the customer service line to cancel my flight. The first call was made at 1:37pm on 8/12/2019 Pacific time. A guy picked up the phone call, I asked him if he can cancel my flight for me? He told me that I called the wrong number. I double check before I called, that was the number I got from Cathay Pacific website. Then he hang up my phone call. I called again, that was a lady. I ask the lady if that was Cathay Pacific airline, she said yes. I told her what was going on and would like to speak to a supervisor regarding how I was treated by the first guy who pick up the call. She hang up my phone call!

I called again, get a hold with another guy. I told him I need to cancel my flight due to the protesting in Hong Kong. He told me that we need to pay for the penalty fee which was $300 per person. I said this not because of we wanted to canceled, it's because the Hong Kong airport is closed!! He told me if I don't want to pay for the penalty, I can call on the day of the traveling. Then I said, "Fine, I call on that day. By the way, can I please speak to a supervisor?" I told him what was going on for the first couple times I called. I got treated like **, he hang up my phone call, again. Cathay Pacific is one of the biggest airline in Asia, but I don't know how you guys can survived in the market? You have the worse customer service, ever!!

Original review: July 6, 2019

Airline desk person was very rude in body language and talking. As far as I know these people are there to help you but not with Cathay Pacific. A miscommunication issue which could have been resolved in 5 min did not resolve at all and left me waiting on the airport for 15 hours. I won't be using Cathay Pacific again. Very bad experience. :(

Original review: June 19, 2019

Cathay has departed from his upscale policies and now is more a budget airline than anything else. I hold a Diamond tier and have over 800k miles, but what is the point of having miles when you cannot get a confirmation for a flight a month and a half ahead of its intended booking! Now Cathay tells me I need to be on a waitlist, meaning IF they don't sell the flight a week prior to your departure then you can flight. Loyalty programs are mostly used when you want to book a holiday with the family and how are you supposed to book hotels and plan if you cannot confirm your flights! Ridiculous.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Have you seen the "Go Beyond" Cathay Pacific advertising campaign? Well it's a total lie, nothing has changed, they are still the most uncaring, thoughtless airline, and they are desperate for money. Passengers and passenger comfort mean nothing, it's all about a "buck"! I travel only in business and first, and have found Cathay to be the most unreliable airline I've ever flown. Over the past 3-4 years almost 70% of the flights I've been booked on left late, sometimes up to 3 or 4 hours late. In many cases as a premium passenger paying top dollar for seats at the front of the aircraft, they didn't even inform me of the delays.

Their regional business class is terrible in the Boeing 777, it's got 3 seats in the centre, just like economy! Totally uncomfortable. Some of their food is inedible, and the champagne they serve is the cheapest garbage they can buy! No value at all! Their cabin crew are totally demoralised and obviously unmotivated, so why should they try. Cathay was once a great carrier, but the current management has absolutely no idea, to think that they think a fancy campaign with nice words will change anything... They are dreaming, and I suggest they fly other Asian carriers themselves to see why they don't compete.

In the last day I've booked a series of flights and already have run into trouble with their appalling customer service. Nothing has changed since this new promotion Go Beyond has started, in fact their staff are acting a completely the opposite to what their CEO promises in the letter he sent to all Cathay's Marco Polo Members. Is he lying? Well I don't know, but the reality is they are a substandard airline, desperately seeking way to get more money. They are losing money right now and no wonder. They would be better off making sure they live up to their advertising promises of better service, thoughtfulness, and caring etc, than spending money trying to fool the travelling public. Don't waste money with Cathay, they don't deserve loyalty!

Original review: June 1, 2019

Cathay Pacific is the worst. I paid almost 2000$ for a round trip from Chicago to Hyderabad. The flight was delayed in Chicago for 30 Mins and in Hong Kong as well due to some issue flight was delayed by 40 Mins. Once we were landed in Hong Kong we were told that Hyderabad flight took off 15 mins before the scheduled time and we have to wait for 24 hours to board the next flight. I had a visa interview and I explained my situation to them and they told that they can't do anything. They took our passports to get a transit visa. After 1 hour they came back and said that my visa is rejected and I had to wait in Lounge. They gave a suggestion of going till Chennai and from there I can take Hyderabad flight and claim the amount. When enquired about the luggage, we were told that Cathay Pacific crew in Chennai will help us. So we (nearly 6 other passengers) took the flight and we even took the email as well.

Once we landed in the Chennai airport, we got to know that Cathay Pacific Crew will be available at night time and nobody is there to help us. We tried to reach Cathay Pacific Customer Service number and it was busy all the time. Each of the passengers paid nearly Rs 30000 for additional baggage from Chennai to Hyderabad. When I tried to reach out to Customer care they are saying that the problem is due to air traffic controllers, we can't do anything in this situation.

Original review: May 9, 2019

According to the Cathay Pacific 24 hour cancellation policy, "You can cancel the reservations within 24 hours and get back the full refund with our refund process." And can make the booking within the 7 days or earlier before departure via the internet. We book a returned ticket to HK and needed to change booking because of the Asia miles point issue. Booking was cancelled and rebooked within 12 hours, and we later found out Cathay had deducted $300 something dollars from our refund for fees.

When we called the customer service they said: "the policy is only for US, there is nothing we can do for you" and there is no one we can talk to regarding this. I hope more people will see this and be careful before cancelling ticket, and I will keep trying on different channel until we get a fair response from Cathay since they have been ignoring us.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Paid for extra leg room but had to stand due to the incompetent staff giving a passenger a ridiculous amount of alcohol who was standing the entire trip in the exit in front of my seat! Serving him 2 drinks at a time he became so drunk. He was noisy and started a fight. The man was then sat in my seat by the staff and I swapped to the other side of the aisle. I was then left with a shouting rude drunk passenger next to me for 10 hours and I had to stand at the back of the plane just to get away from him.

The staff were totally responsible for the fact that he got so drunk. He stole a bottle of vodka from the drink trolley and champagne from first class!! They had no control and just gave him more and more alcohol. Upon returning I complained and after “thorough” investigation they managed to get totally the wrong facts and accused me of being the one fighting!! I’ve finally had an apology for the incorrect accusation but still no refund for the seat I couldn’t sit in and a disgusting response. There’s a reason why other airlines are rated better. I’m seeing a lawyer.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I booked my flight from Cape Town to Seoul, then I had to cancel it due to my personal reason. When I clicked cancel the flight, It did not notify me or warn me that there will be cancellation fee charged. Then it just cancelled just in one click. What if someone accidentally click cancel? And they just proceed with the cancellation and they charged me R2500 (South African rands) per person, me and my husband, plus admin fee of R250 per person which I did not know about, plus extra legroom seat is not refundable but it was R2000 per person. So in total of almost R10,000 Is lost just because I cancelled two days after the booking. This is ridiculous. The flight ticket was R21,000 and They took the half of it. This is ridiculous. Please do not use Cathay Pacific. They just want the money taken away from you.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Employees of the company refused me in boarding right in the gates with all required documentation. I had connected flight. Last destination Bali. They required return ticket from Bali. I had to book it literally in 5 minutes. After I made booking they refused even to look at it. And said that the boarding for me is not available. I think they did not have right to do it. After that they just left the counter in rough manner left me in the middle of the airport. I will complain and start process. But now I would like to inform people like me - don’t use this company. I consider it scam. I proposed them write explanation with id of workers, to invite manager. To show me office of the company, so I can speak to someone. But they left like criminals. My email is **. If somebody can advise me where to write a complaint. I have all document with me.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Dec 29, 2018: Siem Reap To Hong Kong 1725 hrs. Business Class so I thought. Arrived at gate for departure. Although there is a Business Class boarding line at this gate. It was full of Economy Class Travellers as was the economy line. There was no order. Just chaos. When it came to boarding twenty-percent of the economy travellers boarded the transfer bus first. Those of whom boarded the aircraft first before business class passengers also. The flight was uneventful and the meal service considered fair compared to other airlines.

On arrival to Hong Kong we were significantly delayed during disembarkation of the aircraft. Finally we were informed the equipment was going to be moved to a free standing apron pad where we, the passengers would be bused into the terminal. This whole process took a further hour to complete. At one point the passengers on the bus I had been on sat stationary on the apron with the doors closed without ventilation for a further thirty-minutes. During which time the other several buses all of whom were economy passengers had reached the terminal and had collected their baggage.

Further, I now understand having a priority sticker tag on your baggage means it will arrive last on the conveyor. I paid an extra $1760 CN dollars above economy seat ticket for the privilege of being treated in a manner that would not be considered Business Class Service. I'm requesting a fifty-percent refund on the $1760 CN Dollars as I consider the service was nothing short of appalling. I do welcome anyone with a sense of responsibility for the company to contact me to further discuss these issues.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Worst airlines ever. I suggest not to book this airline especially if people are traveling to too far countries. We booked the flight from Chicago to Hong Kong on Dec 31st and we have a connecting flight with same Airlines with 1hr layover. The flight was delayed on Dec 31st due to some issues and we came to know that we will definitely miss the connecting flight. And Cathy Pacific offered saying we have next flight only with layover of 24hrs and we have to stay in Hong Kong airport for whole day. Why should we wait in airport for 24hrs to catch a flight which we have to travel only for 6hrs to reach Bangalore. And they can't provide accommodation because of our passport (can't stay in Hong Kong). After many discussions with Cathy Pacific finally they said they will book tickets for us on next day Jan 1st so that we can travel.

Jan 1st - We took the flight from Chicago to Hong Kong and again it delayed 39 min to Hong Kong and we missed the connecting flight. This is the worst service from Cathy Pacific. Now they said go to Chennai and then go to Bangalore. Why are they making it so complicated. If they know they can't reach in time they should at least keep the layover time more so that people will not miss it or reach in the time which they promised us.

I am assuming that they are doing this intentionally so that their flights will be full and running all the time. Imagine if it is an emergency situation like (someone badly sick and you can't reach in time to see them). Who will be responsible for this kind of situations? Request for Cathy Pacific Airlines. Please make sure people don't struggle or face difficulties because of your airline issues. There will be sick or old people and small kids so at least consider them and act accordingly.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Flew from Singapore to Tel Aviv Israel on flight CX675 with my baby daughter (16 months) alone for the first time. During take off, I was securing the baby seatbelt on my very tired daughter before two flight attendants began loudly shrieking on about flight regulations and the belt "needing to be tighter". Without my consent, they lifted up my daughter and began fiddling with the belt, speaking more and more louder. When I protested and said I would do it myself, they brought more attendants and clicked the belt into place while my baby was screaming. They did not bother to check anyone else with an infant (I knew for a fact the couple next to me hid their lack of seatbelt with a blanket). I felt completely targeted and shaky from the incident.

The flight was also delayed one hour, meaning I would likely miss my connecting flight after. When I asked for some assistance in exiting the plane earlier, retrieving my bags first, in hopes I would make the flight, they basically told me their "on-ground" staff would help me once I arrived and that it wasn't their problem as the connecting flight wasn't with Cathay Pacific.

During the flight, I asked for water 4 times and was dismissed with a "we ran out of bottles," before they ran away down the aisle without even offering me a cup of water. I was traveling alone, with a breastfeeding infant and desperately needed something to drink. I couldn't believe how many times I was dismissed with a "my colleague will help you" and in the end, a fellow passenger who was watching shocked and appalled, went up by herself to get me a cup of water.

When the flight was about to land, I was told in the most condescending tone that I needed to have my daughter belted up and not in a carrier. I had a baby carrier attached to me but she was not in it, it was simply in preparation for the run I needed to do in order to try to make my next flight. I had calmed my daughter down and secured the belt and had her happily watching a movie on my phone. She began to get agitated again when not one, but THREE flight attendants insisted on me lifting up the girl to check the seat belt.

Again, I was the only one with an infant who was being treated like this. When I asked them to please leave us alone, they began loudly snapping at me about flight regulations and safety when I had done absolutely nothing wrong. They saw I had on a carrier (but it was just hanging down my legs and the child was not even in it) and used this as an excuse to again, without my consent, lift my screaming baby up and pull the belt even tighter around her.

Once I left the plane, I had to wait a ridiculous amount of time for my stroller to arrive and of course there was no "on-ground" crew to help me. The staff of Cathay Pacific were absolutely disgusting in their attitudes, service and general character. I felt completely violated and targeted, especially alone with a baby. I received absolutely no assistance with anything, including lifting heavy bags into the overhead compartment. I will never fly with them again and will be telling everyone I know to avoid them at all costs.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

They purposely running flights from Hyderabad in India to other Asian cities knowing full well that passengers will lose the connecting flight and wait long hours before catching the next one. They train the locals in India to lie, I think I should know better, comes with the territory...beware.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

It’s important to separate the flight from the customer service. The flight itself was great. Food was good, lots of entertainment options, pleasant. The issue was that sometimes flights are delayed, which mine was. Picture 400 people lining up to a customer service desk, staff trying to get rid of people by telling them to rebook via lounges instead of helping them. All because of instead of rebooking their flights automatically, this airline forces you to go to a staff member directly. I waited over an hour at one airport, then over 3 hours at the next airport because my delay caused me to miss all my connections.

Staff didn’t know how to re-book flights and it was as if this was the first delay they ever experienced. Then they rebooked my subsequent flights too close together so I missed my next connections. Did I mention they lost my bag on the way to Bangkok and offered me $90? Great, that’ll replace everything... If your bags show up and the flight leaves on time then great! If delays happen, and they tend to happen often in the airline industry, expect the worst customer service experience of your life. Don’t bother complaining afterwards either. They ignored my formal complaints I made through their website.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Tuesday 27th Sept. 2018 My wife and me were booked for a flight from KUL to Hong Kong (CX 5732) followed by a connecting flight Hong Kong to Ewr (CX 890). Boarding passes were already issued at Kuala Lumpur for both flights, instead when I reached the Hong Kong terminal at 6.00pm I thought ground crew were waiting to meet me to guide me to my departure gate. Instead they took our passports and brought us to a check in counter and redo our Boarding passes for a flight to HKG > JFK (CX 846) giving us all kind of excuses that the customs were very far away and we would not be able to reach the boarding gate in time, mind you this was not my first time flying with Cathay Pacific but a sure case of Bumping for profits first and customer second.

I actually reached gate 19 to board CX 846 by 6.15pm in a mere 15mins when I had 20 mins to board my flight CX890. To make the situation worse they gave me and my wife the emergency seat next to the toilet and also the food and refreshment area, just imagine the amount of traffic moving around it was a very sleepless and stressed out 15hr flight. When I reached JFK airport I had to rearrange my transport picking me up from EWR to JFK as they were waiting for me at EWR. Do you ever realize the difficulty in driving into JFK New York? That is why I choose to land at NEWARK. All the above was uncalled for if you thought of customer first.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I'm not sure how you are able to help... But I've posted a comment on 12 Jun on your Facebook page on the ordeal Cathay Pacific had put my family and me thru... We are supposed to fly back to Singapore from Thailand, CX717... Below is the full comment, "First of all before I start my 'wonderful' experience with Cathay Pacific, I would like to apologise for my long story re-enactment to all viewers. But my experience and situations encountered with Cathay Pacific on 11 Jun 18 at Suvarnabhumi Airport is really unforgiving. And I don't expect this kind of service standard from Cathay Pacific. I've been an only Cathay Pacific flyer since I'm able to bring my family for trips, but after today No thanks (I've just reached Singapore travelling on SQ from Bangkok, and I've been in the airport since 10 am!).

Timeline of events: (3 adults, 3 elderly and 3 kids aged 6, 8 & 9) 1000 - reach Bangkok airport. 1025 - found the row and check in our luggages. Realised our flight delayed to 1215. I specifically asked the staff what time do I need to be at the gate? The staff said 10 mins before 1215. Since we're still early, I brought my family to go have a quick bite. 1125 - we proceed to clear customs. Wow! What a shock, long queue to clear security and after which stuck at immigration channel because the automated machine system is down. I queued in the priority queue, (which is no difference as it's as slow) witnessing 5 people trying the automated system and all 5 people failed and got stucked in between the gantry! Plus priority queue for people like elderly or with children etc but I was standing behind at least 4 individual adults in priority queue and the customs officer totally ignore the situation and just walked past.

*I know your response to this will be, "Sorry. It's not Cathay Pacific's issue on the system." But it's still alright as I'm still within the '10 minutes before 1215' time frame. 1155 - finally cleared both. Drag my kids and parents to dash to Gate E, which the staff told me it's near. Sorry, it's not! It is at least 500m from the point I cleared customs counter to the gate. Walking full speed 'cause I can't run due to my torn ACL, with my 3 children and my elderly parents (2 of which have heart problem). 1205 - reached the boarding gate, and I'm told, "Sorry sir, you've missed your flight, we've tried to contact you and waited till the last minute for you but sorry."

HELLO!! Don't tell me you have tried your best to wait for me when I don't hear any announcement for last call or any effort to look for 9 persons missing from your flight when I'VE ALREADY CHECKED IN?!? And I’m very sure I don't see anyone holding any board stating last call for our boarding or any announcement. But I could see other last calls while in the queue! What kind of standard is this??? 1209 - All 9 of us have been handed over to a Thai Airway staff to usher us out of immigration! I booked with Cathay Pacific NOT Thai Airway! When I asked what about my luggage? The response, 'Oh, we've offloaded it already, you can collect back from outside the immigration. What a whole load of **! Here you are telling me I've missed my flight 'cause I'm late and there you are saying my luggage is offloaded at 1209. So are you telling me you've predicted me missing the flight?

I'm very perturbed when you are so EFFICIENT in offloading my CHECKED IN luggages but not so EFFICIENT in searching for your 9 missing passengers?? (I've checked in 8 luggages!) 1230 - led out to the Cathay Pacific service counter by the Thai Airway staff, 'anything, you can talk to the Cathay Pacific personnel, not me, can 2 person follow me to collect your luggages? Only 2?!? I've 8 luggages. Who to send? The 3 elderly? My 3 kids? Or the 2 ladies?? While needing to settle my next flight back???? Nevermind. Reached the counter, the only help I gotten from your staff was, "sorry, you missed your flight, next flight is tomorrow morning. Same time but per person is 7620 baht. I think you go see other airline which is cheaper." WTH?!?! You are not helping at all!!!

And it's not my fault, when I followed your 10 mins before 1215 reach the gate, if you decide to close earlier or not bothered to look for your missing 9 passengers. but shouldn't your top 10 ranked airline offer more help?? Where's the STANDARD??? Utter disappointment!! I've to search for another flight back myself ($1750) while taking care of 3 kids and 3 elderly and together we were left stranded and spent 11 HOURS at the airport just because of THIS! I've NEVER missed any flights before as we are very time sensitive as Singaporeans! *We're even aware that at 1100 hrs Thai timing, there's this suspicious parcel outside immigration at Gate 5 that cause a bit of a hooha. And there you are telling me I'm late for my flight and rejected my whole family of 9 pax!

After the whole episode, my whole family of 9 pax only managed to reach home at 1.30am!! *Really kudos to your Service Counter staffs at Cathay Pacific Suvarnabhumi Airport for TOTALLY ignoring our questions and our requests for help. "Service standard TOP NOTCH! WELL DONE!!" After posting this comment, one of your personnel contacted me and we took it offline thru Facebook messenger. He told me an investigation will be conducted and I concurred.

But on 14 Jun, one of your customer relations officer replied me thru email to apologise and state all kinds or REASONS/EXPLANATIONS/EXCUSES all seems to come straight from a template telling me they have done what they could. I'm not convinced a top airline like yours would brush me off just like this.

I'm searching for answers and I want proofs, be it in terms of timing of events your people said that they were looking for us, a group of 9 pax and couldn't find us?!? How is it possible?!? I felt very aggrieved that Cathay Pacific provides this standards. I chose to fly Cathay instead of SQ or any budget airlines 'cause I trusted Cathay. But in the end, it's SQ who helped my family and me back to Singapore!

Original review: June 9, 2018

I was on CX 162 from Sydney to Hong Kong on 31 May and the flight was delayed by 10.5 hours, no attempt was made by Cathay to rebook or reroute. They just sent a msg, "You are on the delayed flight." I rang their call centre and they told me there was no possibility of any other earlier flight. I lost a night of a planned stopover in HK. Response of Cathay, "Oh we will send you some vouchers." Zero for customer treatment. Zero for customer relations.

Cathay Pacific Airlines Company Information