Find a Business Insurance partner

Help me decide

3.9/5 (63 ratings)
Find a Business Insurance partner

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

About Zurich Property & Casualty Insurance

Need business insurance? We got you.

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Zurich Property & Casualty Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zurich Property & Casualty Insurance?

Original review: July 6, 2018

Yvette ** is a complete crook and anyone that would hire someone so heartless is just as bad. I was injured at work and my Dr was taking too long. She advised me that they would not pay me unless I went to a Dr immediately. They sent me to their Dr which then cleared me for light work... I didn't get paid from my job and they won't pay me nor would they allow me to see my original Dr at the VA that I set up before seeing theirs... PLEASE TAKE heed to all these comments on here about them! First time I have ever been thru workers comp and I got screwed! Go talk to a lawyer before you say ANYTHING to these CROOKS!!!

Original review: April 18, 2018

I was involved in an accident with one of their customers. I was hit from behind. My frame was bent, which was a total loss. They assigned me with an insurance adjuster that was on vacation. Which was a week and a day after I filed the claim that he returned from vacation. He sent me an email on that Friday stating he would look into my claim, only after I called him wanting to know if he looked at it. I had previously called while he was on vacation and asked if he had a team with other adjusters on his team, why did I not get assigned to one of them. Did not get an answer. Just said it would get looked into. Then once it was considered a total loss, that adjuster never answered returned a call unless you left a message threatening to go above his head most of the time. He was rude most of the time, then you get fed a line about one of their experiences.

At one point he agreed to pay for sensors I had put on my car a week before I got in the accident. So I submitted the receipts. I need 2 of them so my car would run properly. After 5 days of trying to get him to call me back, roughly $450 worth. When he finally did answer, he acted like he wasn't sure. He then told me he would only give me the money for one. And to this day, I have never received that check. It was not much but he was dishonest. Sometimes every cent counts. The experience was horrible from beginning to end. He also told me (after I finally got a rental), he told me it would be on a Thursday that I would have to take the car back. The rental car company told me Monday. 3 days before his date. I did not even receive my check for another 2 weeks after the rental was returned. I recommend getting an attorney. I should have.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

On November 20, 2017, I was hit from behind by one of Zurich's insured fleet vehicles, which pushed me into another vehicle. My vehicle sustained both front and rear end damage which resulted in a total loss. The total loss agent was rude and would not call me back, in fact I've had to repeatedly call them and request a different agent. I even called the manager, but then got sent back to the same agent. It's always one excuse after another. It has been over 3 months and they still have not picked up my damaged vehicle to settle the claim.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

My company recommend these people in orientation. "Because if something happens, you'll need this company to help pay your bills". Sounds nice, but that's not the way it worked. Zurich is efficient in taking the monthly payments from you, but when it comes to them paying you, in my case it never happened. I got hurt on the job. I'm an o/o. I ended up having to have surgery. The doctor I used was on their PPO list. My accident claim was turned down. They didn't consider wear and tear on a joint viable. So then I asked them, what about the disability part? Their reply "we're reviewing it".

One month goes by, nothing. My company used my maintenance account to pay my truck and trailer payments along with the insurance cost. The 2nd month goes by, still nothing. Now I'm a month behind in my payments. I called Zurich twice leaving messages, they didn't return phone call. I also complained to my company about them, their response, "We can't do anything about them not paying you." A friend of mine also has Zurich through his company. The same thing happened to him, medical claim turned down, disability, never paid. I will cancel their BS scam coverage.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Got hurt on my job and Zurich denied my claim for disability, the rep Sherry ** is so rude and doesn't care about your pain and suffering, it's just a money racket in their favor, they don't care about the consumer, I am still under doctor care.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

On October 6, I was involved in an accident with one of Zurich’s customers who was at fault. The accident resulted in my vehicle being deemed a total loss, which you would think would be the worst of my problems, but no. The only time that the adjuster would call me back was at 8 o-clock at night and the only way I would be able to receive a timely response would be to hound the customer service staff.

However, after everything was said and done, I finally receive my check and thought that I would finally be done with this company, but no. I received my check the day after it was issued and take it to my bank to only be told that they cannot deposit it. I call Zurich and finally after some persistence on my end, I was able to speak to a manager who tosses my complaint and says for me to call back on Monday because she doesn’t know who to contact regarding my issue. Now, my question for the company is why are you issuing checks to customers that they cannot cash upon receiving?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I am not the type who leaves reviews. But this a company of CROOKS with no morals or sense about them. I was hit by a company truck (Flatiron-Zachry is the company and should drop Zurich immediately) that was speeding down a MEDIAN to cut past traffic that was at a dead stop. I was making a left turn out of a parking lot and was struck by the driver illegally speeding down a median. The driver confessed 100% to the officer, the police report is black and white. I was not at fault in any way. My car is likely totaled. I am lucky he did not kill me. I never would have expected ZURICH would say they have no fault. But that's not all. The Zurich adjuster, TONI **, contacted me 1 x after I filed.

Then for 3 WEEKS refused to answer any emails or answer any calls or return any voicemails. I then got a hold of her manager after 3 weeks of no communications (seriously a lousy employee who refuses to do her job). That manager did not respond either. I finally got a second manager to call me back and he said Toni would be in contact. So my 2nd conversation with Toni after 3 WEEKS she lazily tells me that I caused the wreck and they'd do nothing. CROOKS!!! Needless to say I will fight this to the very bitter end and sue whoever I need to. I pity Flatiron-Zachry, a large company, for paying these crooks as I will now have to hold their company liable. NEVER DO BUSINESS with Zurich NA. Their employees like Toni ** are have no work ethic or morals.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

My husband got rear ended while waiting on the traffic light on August 18, 2017. The other vehicle and driver are insured by Zurich American and we filed the claim with them. They took the call and told us that the agent in charge will give us a call soon to help us with estimate and repair of the vehicle. We got a call five days later from the agent with statement that their policy was expired. Turned out that the person that took initial data wrote down wrong policy number. Two days later she called back again and said that they have to send their own damage adjuster and the estimate was over $3k. We have not heard from them ever since.

I kept calling them every day and leaving messages without any success. Even called their general number and spoke to another person that promised urgent action, and nothing happened. Two weeks later, our vehicle is still waiting for repair. Finally, we called our insurance and they took over the case. I wish I read the Consumer Affairs reviews first.

Original review: July 3, 2017

My daughter works at Red Lobster, a thief comes in and steal her keys. A off duty police officer was aware of the lady and went outside. His statements was she can only steal biscuits. The white lady thief reached behind the hostess desk and stole my 2015 Mustang keys. Red lobster is insuranced under Zurich. They denied my claim and was very rude to my daughter and me. Madison ** wasn't nice and her boss Chirs was very rude. I called to do a appeal. Chis said him and David ** will never help me a ** person get a appeal. My daughter and I are walking now.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I had an issue at McDonald's. I was served a frozen sandwich which caused me to break my filling out. I was contacted by Zurich Insurance's rep Sam and was told one more week for the last 3 when he seen I needed a root canal because of my injury. He became very rude. I am very unhappy with the way I've been treated and I'm thinking of contacting an attorney because of it. If he wasn't so rude and unprofessional I would not be STEER clear of this company if possible. Very unprofessional and rude reps. Not informative nor helpful at all.

Zurich Property & Casualty Insurance Company Information