3.6/5 (16 ratings)
Find a Renters Insurance partner

Looking for a renters insurance policy?

Get a quote with Lemonade in minutes

Get started

About Travelers Renters Insurance

Looking for a renters insurance policy?

Get a quote with Lemonade in minutes

Get started

Travelers Renters Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers Renters Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travelers Renters Insurance?

Original review: March 29, 2017

Travelers always has helpful agents willing to take the time to answer my questions. And so, I understand what the coverage is. Also, they explain everything to make sure I have the policy I want. Plus, I haven't found cheaper prices anywhere else. So far, I've never had to use their claims processing, knock on wood.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I was between permanent homes and rented an apartment. Purchased rental insurance in case a neighboring tenant started a fire and burned my belongings. Was satisfied with Travelers insurance and surprised at how little renter's insurance costs. Thankfully I never had to file a claim while using renters' insurance from Travelers. Many others are not so lucky when they don't cover the cost of their belongings with insurance. Travelers has plenty of policy options such as jewelry, expensive collections and can provide insurance in all amounts. I was really surprised at how low renter's insurance costs since I had never purchased it before my move to an apartment. Travelers has any amount of coverage for whatever your needs might be. My costs were pretty low since I didn't have a lot of possessions at the time I bought rental insurance.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

Very understandable customer service. Explains everything need to know about what is covered. They answered all my questions and listened to what I had to say. Very nice and pleasurable to talk to. Helps with understanding my bill and what's covered. The claimed process was very easy. They walked me through a process for the phone. It was very confident. They sent out a person to review my stuff within two days. Very fast customer service. The policy options are great. Lots to choose from. If you're on a strict budget like all of us are they have different payment plans that work with every income type. Very helpful in refilling my needs. The rate of coverage is outstanding. For what you pay and what is covered is crazy. Lots of coverage for a reasonable amount you can afford.

Original review: July 1, 2016

Every time I needed them, they were always there for us, no matter what the problem was. I had roof leak, they fixed it. We had water heater to cause damage to the floors, and to the carpet, and had no problem getting them to take care of it. I have had nothing but good experience processing claims processed. I think you can count on this company to very helpful if you have small or large problem in your home. This company has several policy options, but I choose only the one I needed for my rent house, and what it covered inside and outside my house. I have cars, and had a boat covered also. I own personal property, that is rented to other people, so I'm satisfied.

Original review: June 17, 2016

We feel like the customer service experience was wonderful when we got our renters insurance. You want to be good renters and have the perfect insurance. In order to get renters insurance you have lots of paper work to fill out. They want good renters who will continue to pay their rent every month. You really need to read the policy so you will know what it is all about and how it all works so it will make it easier for you. Let us remember policies are always needed when you need renters insurance. The coverage of the renters insurance will cover many things. Good to digest it all and then ask yourself the questions am I sure I am getting all the coverage needed.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2016

Very friendly customer service reps, compatible pricing. I've never had to make a claim but with how helpful they are I'm sure it would be a hassle free experience. I have shopped around at many different insurance companies, several times per year I call around and get quotes as to keep paying the lowest amount possible and I've never had to switch. Travelers insures my vehicles as well and I'm very happy with them. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for great prices and friendly people on the other end of the phone line (I've had to deal with some very unfriendly people over the years dealing with insurance). Bottom line, unless their prices skyrocket I will be staying with Travelers insurance company.

Travelers Renters Insurance Company Information