Find a Travel Insurance partner

2. Travel
  3. Travel Insurance

3.5/5 (71 ratings)

Insure your next trip with Generali Global Services

Choose from 3 different plans today!

Get a Quote
Find a Travel Insurance partner

About Travel Insured

Travel Insured Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travel Insured?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Travel Insured?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

Horrible company!! BUYER BEWARE! I filed a legitimate claim in May 2020 and have provided them with all paperwork and information on more than 1 occasion. My travel agent that sold me the policy called her representative and they said they were “working on it”. It’s now 6 months later and they still have not processed my claim. I will be contacting my Attorney General’s office and the Dep’t. of Finance to file a complaint as well.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

Bought the cancel for any reason insurance and then COVID happened. Company refuses to refund money because "Covid isn't a covered under their policy". Covid didn't even exist when I paid for the trip. Spoke to 5 reps, got run around and was even told by a rep named Michelle on Nov 5 "that I am never getting my money back". Been fighting since May to get my money back. These people are a corrupt fraud and they should be shut down!!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

We have used this company in the past but have never filed a claim. Last year we paid $830 premium for a $16000 cruise and airfare in July, 2020. When travel was canceled due to Covid-19 we worked to recover as much of our investment that we could. In June we filed a claim for $1300 to cover nonrefundable deposits and 2 plane tickets that we couldn't use because travel to Canada was forbidden. We were asked several times for documentation which we provided and finally almost 4 months later they denied the claim for some ridiculous reasons. Save your money and never use this company! They have no intention of paying claims.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

Avoid this company at all costs. They have given every excuse they can and asked we provide documentation over and over. They have no intention of ever paying my wife’s medical claim on Azamara in January 2020. Why don’t they just say “We will take your premium, but will give you the runaround forever. We don’t intend to pay.” They usually give the excuse of COVID. It has been 7 months since they received our claim. Unbelievable!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I bought this insurance for a cruise in January 2019. I had to cancel for health reasons in August of 2019. All paperwork was sent in and after three times of the company loosing the paperwork, they finally told me they received it. That was in June of 2020. On October 2020 I called again and I was told they had 30,000 claims to take care but they would send a email to the correct department for a $3500.00 check. At this time I don't have much faith that I will ever see my check.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Have used this company a couple times and never had to file a claim. Recently I had to file a claim @ $2000. They wasted approx 6 months of my time going back and forth requesting one thing after the next which appeared to only delay their payment to me so they could find an excuse not to pay. A complete waste of money. Do not use this company. Definitely try another if needed.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I would like to give zero stars. Is the worst company I’ve ever dealt with. My claim was received April 15 before trips were shut down to Europe. It was a medical cancellation claim. Detailed paperwork has been sent in five times including a registered letter to my case manager which I was finally able to get the name of. She refuses to call me back or email me. I just got a partial refund of $1460. They still owe me $1780. That doesn’t include the $200 seat upgrade they wouldn’t let me claim because the tour company change the dates and I had upgraded the seats. Do not use this company. I’m ready to call an attorney.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I cancelled my May 2020 river rafting trip in mid-March. I had purchased "no fault" coverage through Travel Insured based on recommendation from Hatch River Expeditions. Travel Insured required over 10 pieces of documentation, including statement from doctor and medical expenses though I was not cancelling for that reason. Then in mid-July they help up processing while requesting a statement that the river trip company had not reimbursed me, but did not tell me it was needed. I am still waiting for any word and a significant amount (to me) of money. No communication, a "check status" page doesn't tell you anything, phones are not answered for over an hour, if at all. The worst. Have recommended that Hatch not use them in the future.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

Purchased travel insurance for family trip earlier this year. Travel was cancelled because of Covid. Purchased "cancel for any reason" insurance. Despite submitting all documentation numerous times and calling multiple times (with each call with at least an hour wait), I still haven't received what I am owed. I don't believe they have any intention of paying any claims. Even if they do, it was not worth the time and effort it has taken to collect. This is a horrible company with no customer service. Would absolutely not purchase insurance through them.

Original review: July 17, 2020

We purchased insurance for an international trip in March of 2019. This company was recommended by our travel consultant. We haven’t heard anything except a request for additional paperwork to be submitted and that has been pending review since May. It is now July. We have thousands of dollars in airfares and travel arrangements that we hoped to be refunded. Our trip was canceled as I had emergency surgery shortly before the trip and we were unable to fly. I have been on hold for over a half hour and tried to send a message via their website but it wouldn’t even go through. Think we’ve been hoodwinked from this company. After reading others reviews I don’t think we’re going to have any luck. Wish I had researched this company rather than taking someone else’s word for it. Hope you weren’t taken in by this company too.

Travel Insured Company Information