Find a Homeowners Insurance partner

Auto-Owners Homeowners Insurance

Auto-Owners homeowners insurance

3.8/5 (41 ratings)
Find a Homeowners Insurance partner

Need to insure your new home, or looking to lower your rate?

Get pricing in minutes with Lemonade

Get started

About Auto-Owners homeowners insurance

Auto-Owners offers home insurance in 26 states across the country. Its policies are customizable, and it provides specialty coverage for high-value homes. While the company doesn’t have online quotes, you can get an estimate by visiting one of its independent agents. Auto-Owners offers multipolicy discounts and add-on coverage.

Pros

• Multipolicy discounts
  • Custom policies
  • Specialty coverage

Cons

• No online quotes
  • Limited availability

Bottom Line

Auto-Owners offers affordable, comprehensive homeowners insurance in 26 states. It provides policies and quotes exclusively through independent agents. It has multipolicy discounts and specialty and add-on coverages.

Need to insure your new home, or looking to lower your rate?

Get pricing in minutes with Lemonade

Get started

Auto-Owners Homeowners Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Auto-Owners Homeowners Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Auto-Owners homeowners insurance?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

I have had both home and auto insurance from Auto-Owners for about 10 years. Customer experience depends on the agent and insurance representative. I am fortunate to have excellent agent/reps. Claims (1 major, 1 minor) have been handled well and to my satisfaction. The Auto-Owners website is easy to use and convenient. I am very satisfied with Auto-Owners.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2016

I received a fair price and the staff was friendly and helpful. I have not had any contact since the initial insurance set up, 15 years ago. So, I am satisfied, simply that there has been no problems!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2016

About five years ago I experienced damage to my roof because of winds in excess of 70 mph. I had shingles scattered all over the place (the neighbors did as well). Then came the torrential rains. Without the proper coverage of the roof I also incurred inside damage in a few ceiling areas. I called my insurance company first thing in the morning and I had an adjuster here within a few hours. There are a few roofing companies with excellent reputations in our area. Of course, all were very busy but all staff were on the road checking damages and giving estimates. I chose one and he got here a half hour before the adjuster. This roofer was also a general contractor who was capable of the ceiling repair as well. He looked at all the damages and wrote an estimate as the adjuster arrived.

Long story short, adjuster also checked all damages and scrutinized the estimate and approved it. Since the damage in our area was so extensive, the roofer completely covered the house with new tarps until they could schedule the repairs. Within two weeks the roofers and inside crew were scheduled and all repairs were done to satisfaction.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2015

I am satisfied with Auto-Owners. I have only had one claim in 22 years. They were prompt and quick to respond. The rates are steady from year to year.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2015

Auto-owners is one of a few that covers mobile homes. I've had one claim and the customer service is superb. The adjuster came out, looked and I was issued a check within a few days.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2015

I am very pleased with the attention that I receive from this company. This company reviews my policy yearly and advised where costs can be saved. They have also lower minimum coverage on my home as my mortgage balance decreases.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2015

I priced around for insurance and Auto-Owners had the cheapest rate for what I needed. Though I have not been with them long, I am very pleased with them and would highly recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

I have had Auto Owners Auto and Homeowners Insurance for several years. Their prices and coverage are very good. They have a very high Best rating. I have not filed any claims.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

Payments are fair. We have not had to use so so far so good... but they are easy to reach and get in touch. We have heard of others and nothing but good reports come back to us.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2015

I just switched agents, not companies and really like the time the agent took to go over my policies to see if everything was in line. I would recommend him highly!

Auto-Owners Homeowners Insurance Company Information