2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.83/5

Get matched with the right moving company for your needs.

Are you in need of a moving company? Alliance Movers offers local, long distance, international & commercial moving, as well as storage & packing services. With over 20 years of service and staffed with a team of experts, Alliance Movers is ready to provide you with a stress-free and hassle-free moving experience. Contact us today or visit our website to obtain a free quote!

Alliance Movers Reviews

Original review: June 25, 2019

The worst experience so far! Never on time, not reliable, ok customer service until they get your money. After that is just rudeness and arrogance. They quote you and promise one thing and do the opposite, end up giving you other rates. For sure looking forward to start a complaint with FMCSA and BBB. With such horrible customer service and experience I am not sure how they are still in business. Totally dissatisfied and disappointed. And Marley “who claim to be one of the owners” completely disrespectful and 0 training in customer service. Every call with him is a nightmare. Benjamin and Bridget (employees) you are kind and great people. I’m sorry you have to work for this company. I hope they value you and treat you well at least.

Original review: May 21, 2019

If anyone is missing boxes labeled, “More baby stuff", please respond to **. I unfortunately may have it due to the unprofessional and incompetent individuals who run this company. I know you are probably having a hard time with stuff for your baby missing. I don’t have enough room on this page to tell you how horrible they are.

Original review: May 14, 2019

This is the worst and most unorganized moving company ever. I felt like a hostage dealing with them. They completely messed up our inventory in the quote and failed to answer my questions truthfully. It resulted in me, ON MOVING DAY, having to pay 1800.00 more than recently established. Do not buy the extra insurance, it is a waste of money. On pick up the movers were 2 days late. Delivery took almost a month and every time I called to inquire I got a different answer every time and at one point I was told "your stuff is on a truck. I don't know where it is or when it will you will get it."

I had missing and damaged items. I received items that were not mine. Your stuff will be moved from truck to truck to truck which is different from what I was told would happen. The office staff and movers are very unprofessional and rude when you ask questions. I was also instructed by the movers that I needed to provide water and food for them and then I was told I needed to give them a tip. I will never use this company again and I will never recommend this company to anyone. I don't know how this company is still in business. When I paid the down payment my total bill was a little over $5200.00... in order to get my stuff because of this company's stupidity and lies... My final bill was $8,000.00! They will hold your possessions hostage until you pay them what they want.

Original review: April 7, 2019

If you are in the market for a moving company stay clear of Alliance Movers Inc Inc. Please read the other comments as they are so true. This is the most unethical company I have ever dealt with in my 54 years of life. They do not hear anything about your items, about your belongings or about how you have to live in your new home. The telephone communication is non-existent after they get payment from you. You are at their Mercy once they have your items. You have no idea when your delivery will actually take place. I say this to you as I sit and wait for a delivery that should have come weeks ago. I have no idea when I'm going to receive my items.

The inventory list that the driver alleges he picked up from my old house does not list major items such as my stainless steel refrigerator, my two 65 inch flat screen TVs, nor any of my other electronics. They never left an inventory list when they pick the items up. They are without doubt professional con artists that need to be shut down. I will not stop until there is a class action lawsuit brought against Alliance Movers Inc. They have already been dropped by the Better Business Bureau. Now they're got needs to be rescinded based on the unethical nature in which they conduct business. Do not under any circumstances pay them one dime. It will be a nightmare. And you will surely surely regret it.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Professional crooks. They will promise you whatever you want to hear before you pay your deposit. Once they have your deposit everything changes, a driver will come to load your stuff and immediately tell you that your cubic feet are much more than your quote and in my case tripled the overall cost. Then they will take your goods and you are at their mercy of when they will deliver. I am in a new apartment now for two weeks and all they can tell me is that they will load my goods next week. They really bring the art of “con artist” to a new level. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alliance Movers?

Original review: March 27, 2019

So I booked my move months in advance and believe I documented my items very clearly. I paid my deposit and was due to pay the second portion once my items were picked up and the third payment after delivery. The driver comes to my home to pick up my items and "eyeballed" my belongings and told us we were over 500 square feet than our original estimate and asked us to pay them over $3000 for the second payment.

I immediately looked at my inventory list and noted the items I listed were the same but per the operations manager Benjamin when I listed "2- BED, QUEEN WITH MATTRESS, 1- BED, FULL WITH MATTRESS" this did not include my bed frames?! So being that we have to move because we are selling this house we had to either pay the new balance, forfeit our $1500.00 deposit or leave items behind. We were totally at their mercy and held hostage; I dont know anyone who could afford to forfeit $1500. But even if we agreed to pay the extra $3000.00 the truck was unable to hold all of our belongings. So now we have to desperately sell items left behind or give them away. I feel so stupid and like I was completely taken advantage of. I would never recommend this company to anyone. Do not do it.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I called Alliance Movers to get a price to move my mother. This was one of the biggest mistake! Everything that was told to me was a lie. From the price changing, to delivery times, to the claim refund and even down to them not having workers to unload the truck and placing an add on Craigslist for strangers to come into my home and paying them under the table. This is just a quick review to help anyone else from making the same mistake I did in dealing with this company. My advice DO NOT EVEN CALL THEM.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Called them and received a quote and a pick-up date. Paid 1/3rd price as a deposit. They changed my pick-up date and time several times at the last minute. When they showed up they said I had more things than quoted (which it was actually less) and would cost me an extra $1,300. I told them to only put on the truck what they quoted me so then I had to find a place to put the rest of my things. They only take postal money orders or cash (Shady??? When asked why answer was "it's just our policy").

Then after it was loaded there was an "extra" charge because it was more than 50ft for them to load it... What??? Was not told that initially. I was told then at that time if an 18 wheeler could not get into the place of delivery it would be an extra $700-$800 to put it into a smaller truck to be delivered. I called several times to set up a delivery date so I could coordinate with time off work and they could not give me a specific date and then they kept changing it to later.

The driver finally called me late on a Saturday night to say they would be there in the morning (not even 12 hours notice) and if I couldn't do it then there would be a redelivery charge. Where am I going to get a postal money order on a Sunday or get that much cash when there are no banks open? And they do not provide you with a receipt so I took a picture of it on my phone or I would have no record of giving them that much cash. Very, very, very bad experience with this company: hidden costs, not truthful, hard to get a hold of, misleading. Once again please, please, please do not use this company!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

We were charged over $16,000 to move from Connecticut to Virginia. There was no professional moving staff just a driver who was asking my 19 daughter for sexual favors. Most of our stuff was broken, and some of it never even showed up. It was horrible. We feel helpless and traumatized. How can they call themselves professional. They had our stuff 48 days. Wouldn't return our calls and didn't even care. PLEASE DON'T USE THIS COMPANY. THEY GO THROUGH AND STEAL YOUR STUFF.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We signed a BINDING moving contract at $4800... Movers loaded our furniture and moved it to their warehouse then claimed we had more cubic footage than expected (we actually had less)... Ended up costing $8300 with the last payment of $1600 paid to the driver in our driveway or they threatened to turn the truck around and head back to Georgia (from New Hampshire) and charge us a redelivery fee. They held our possessions hostage until we paid their completely fabricated “extra” charges. Their customer service is a complete joke... rude, aggressive and dismissive. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. AWFUL... HIGHWAY ROBBERY. Their BBB certification was revoked on 8/31/18. No way to leave a review on their website but according to reviews left on YELP they do this to everyone. COMPLETELY UNETHICAL... I can’t believe they continue to be in business.

Alliance Movers Company Information