2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.71/5

Take a Moving Companies Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Are you in need of a moving company? Alliance Movers offers local, long distance, international & commercial moving, as well as storage & packing services. With over 20 years of service and staffed with a team of experts, Alliance Movers is ready to provide you with a stress-free and hassle-free moving experience. Contact us today or visit our website to obtain a free quote!

Take a Moving Companies Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Alliance Movers Reviews

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I had a very bad experience with Alliance Vans. Their contract was not correct and resulted in terrible customer service with the moving company Household haulers (who are also a terrible company). After I reported all of the issues, being screamed at by the movers, lost luggage, damaged goods etc. Alliance told me that it was my problem and that they were sorry it was a bad experience. They did not help me to recover my luggage (which was lost) or take responsibility for a poorly written and incorrect contract.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

We contacted Alliance in February for an anticipated move to Austin, Tx in September. Our son and his wife were also making the same move in July. They gave us both "Guaranteed" estimates. When they showed up at our son's home, they gave various reasons why the price would be higher and it went up about an additional $4,000! What could they do? Their house was sold and they were hitting the road. They were very upset and told me what happened. I called Alliance and said the same thing could not happened to me! They said I had a Guaranteed estimate and as long as we didn't change the amount we were moving, our price would be honored.

As it turned out, we moved the moving date up a month, from September to August, which according to them, put us in "Prime time". The price went from $5,300 to $8,600. Again this was shortly before were were to move. We had few if any options and they knew it. When they came to our home on moving day, we were informed we were overweight and the price went up again to $12,000!!! When they arrived at our home in Austin, the drivers wanted to charge me an additional $210 to move some of the boxes to the detached garage some 40 feet away. I told them I would move it myself. I found their practices to be underhanded and extremely unethical. I will NEVER use them again!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

We came across Alliance as a last resort option when our original moving company indicated a week before our move that they could not do it (extenuating circumstances). Alliance seemed like the shining star when we secured them just 5 days prior to when we needed to get out. They came in under the price of our original moving company and could assist with packing and able to come when we needed to be out & moved across state lines to our new home. At conclusion of the 2 hour verbal quote phone call, Alliance rep indicated they would be sending a semi truck. That seemed completely accurate since we had a 5 bedroom/3500 square foot home we were moving from. Great! WRONG.

On moving day, 3 men showed up in an Enterprise rental truck. Nothing indicated Alliance. The 3 men were also in a truck half the size of a semi. They indicated they were from Household Hauling which is affiliated with Alliance. I asked where the semi was. The lead mover indicated that based on cubic feet of what was quoted, a small truck was accurate. He also said up front that when the truck is full, their job is done.

Needless to say HALF of our belongings did not fit. The movers then told us that we had a lot of stuff and we should have been more upfront at sales call. To which I very much indicated we went room by room even gave dimensions of furniture and also combined it with a previous moving quote of someone (original movers that had been to our house twice who also indicated a semi would be needed) to be sure we were very upfront with what the job would entail.

We had no choice but to move forward with the men & their small truck that showed up because we of course were on a very tight timeframe given we were selling our house in 2 days & had to be out. Which I have to believe is not an uncommon occurrence when people are moving from a residence. So, when the first truck was completely packed to the gills, we had absolutely no other option at that point to get a 2nd moving company to come in for the rest - other than to stick with Alliance to complete the job they were originally supposed to do. So we paid almost double of original quote to ultimately have the remainder of our items picked up.

The 2nd load then had to sit in storage in a warehouse that we had no idea where it was, for 3 weeks. We have moved several times in our lives, within Chicago and out to suburbs and across state lines. My husband has even moved overseas to Europe and back again and never, have we ever had an experience like this. The actual movers were efficient and friendly, but we absolutely would not recommend anyone to ever use this company based on how we felt so deceived from the front end/sales side of it.

I gave one star because at least our belongings ended up where they ultimately needed to be. A few broken items and dents in walls along the way, but given the bigger issue we were faced with, I'd prefer to complain about the parent company versus the job the men did in moving our items. If you use this company, get in writing the size of the truck they say they will send and think very carefully as to if you want to take a chance at a time when you pretty much have your back up against a wall and no other option once the move has begun. Buyer beware.

Original review: July 27, 2019

We choose Alliance to move our belongings. We packed what we could and had zero issues. Alliance packed and loaded what we prepackaged plus 28 pieces of furniture. They managed to damage 21 out of 28. That’s a failure rate of 75%. When we called we were told we owned this. I guess Alliance is correct. We choose them so we do own it. Never use this company. Criminal is being very kind!

Original review: June 29, 2019

Do not use this company! If you do, don't bother expediting your shipment, all they do is take your money and hopefully deliver at around the original estimated time. Once they take hold of your furniture, they relay it to a warehouse facility for however long they want before shipping it to your destination. The entire process took 17 business days when I was originally told it would only take 3-5. Very poor customer service. Overall, terrible company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alliance Movers?

Original review: June 25, 2019

The worst experience so far! Never on time, not reliable, ok customer service until they get your money. After that is just rudeness and arrogance. They quote you and promise one thing and do the opposite, end up giving you other rates. For sure looking forward to start a complaint with FMCSA and BBB. With such horrible customer service and experience I am not sure how they are still in business. Totally dissatisfied and disappointed. And Marley “who claim to be one of the owners” completely disrespectful and 0 training in customer service. Every call with him is a nightmare. Benjamin and Bridget (employees) you are kind and great people. I’m sorry you have to work for this company. I hope they value you and treat you well at least.

Original review: May 21, 2019

If anyone is missing boxes labeled, “More baby stuff", please respond to **. I unfortunately may have it due to the unprofessional and incompetent individuals who run this company. I know you are probably having a hard time with stuff for your baby missing. I don’t have enough room on this page to tell you how horrible they are.

Original review: May 14, 2019

This is the worst and most unorganized moving company ever. I felt like a hostage dealing with them. They completely messed up our inventory in the quote and failed to answer my questions truthfully. It resulted in me, ON MOVING DAY, having to pay 1800.00 more than recently established. Do not buy the extra insurance, it is a waste of money. On pick up the movers were 2 days late. Delivery took almost a month and every time I called to inquire I got a different answer every time and at one point I was told "your stuff is on a truck. I don't know where it is or when it will you will get it."

I had missing and damaged items. I received items that were not mine. Your stuff will be moved from truck to truck to truck which is different from what I was told would happen. The office staff and movers are very unprofessional and rude when you ask questions. I was also instructed by the movers that I needed to provide water and food for them and then I was told I needed to give them a tip. I will never use this company again and I will never recommend this company to anyone. I don't know how this company is still in business. When I paid the down payment my total bill was a little over $5200.00... in order to get my stuff because of this company's stupidity and lies... My final bill was $8,000.00! They will hold your possessions hostage until you pay them what they want.

Original review: April 7, 2019

If you are in the market for a moving company stay clear of Alliance Movers Inc Inc. Please read the other comments as they are so true. This is the most unethical company I have ever dealt with in my 54 years of life. They do not hear anything about your items, about your belongings or about how you have to live in your new home. The telephone communication is non-existent after they get payment from you. You are at their Mercy once they have your items. You have no idea when your delivery will actually take place. I say this to you as I sit and wait for a delivery that should have come weeks ago. I have no idea when I'm going to receive my items.

The inventory list that the driver alleges he picked up from my old house does not list major items such as my stainless steel refrigerator, my two 65 inch flat screen TVs, nor any of my other electronics. They never left an inventory list when they pick the items up. They are without doubt professional con artists that need to be shut down. I will not stop until there is a class action lawsuit brought against Alliance Movers Inc. They have already been dropped by the Better Business Bureau. Now they're got needs to be rescinded based on the unethical nature in which they conduct business. Do not under any circumstances pay them one dime. It will be a nightmare. And you will surely surely regret it.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Professional crooks. They will promise you whatever you want to hear before you pay your deposit. Once they have your deposit everything changes, a driver will come to load your stuff and immediately tell you that your cubic feet are much more than your quote and in my case tripled the overall cost. Then they will take your goods and you are at their mercy of when they will deliver. I am in a new apartment now for two weeks and all they can tell me is that they will load my goods next week. They really bring the art of “con artist” to a new level. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Alliance Movers Company Information