Student Loan Hero

• 3 stars1
    • 2 stars0
    • 1 stars0

Compare Student Loan Consolidation Companies

Research top Student Loan Consolidation Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Record a review about your experience with Student Loan Hero:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Reviews & Complaints

I really liked all the options I had. Everything was very flexible and other was able to choose my own time and amounts paid. Overall, I had really great experience and would highly recommend going with this option for loans. Customer support was really easy to get a hold of and they answered all questions in a polite and informative way. They were easy to understand and very helpful. I like this customer service and wish others were just as great. The application process was very easy to do. The application was easy to understand and fill out. The application was not very long and drag out over too many questions like some other application I've done in the past. Counseling services were very helpful to have. They were there any time I needed help with something or just needed reassurance. I had a great experience talking with them and they were very helpful towards my needs.

I would recommend this because they had several payment options that work well with anyone. They also work well with what you have to pay if you're poor. The customer support were very friendly, sweet, and smart. They were very patient with whatever problems you might have paying your loan. The application process were very easy and fast. They work very well with whatever problems you might have because they want your business. I never needed to use this service counseling services. I am sure though if it is like all of their other services that it is very good service to use.

They have several payment options to consider. They will be mailing me some more information and follow up phone calls to discuss the payment options as it goes a lot by income. Customer service is great and I would recommend to friends and family that need to discuss loans. They are very kind and very helpful. It is a very short application and then they acquire all the loans for you and talk about a payment plan to meet your needs as well as will help answer any questions that you may have. Very good and very helpful in all the process. You will have to call them and they can walk you thru the process and the steps to get this done.

They have several payment options to consider. They will be mailing me some more information and follow up phone calls to discuss the payment options as it goes a lot by income. Customer service is great and I would recommend to friends and family that need to discuss loans. They are very kind and very helpful. It is a very short application and then they acquire all the loans for you and talk about a payment plan to meet your needs as well as will help answer any questions that you may have. Very good in all the process you will have to call them and they can walk you thru the process and the steps to get this done.

I get great deals on my on time payments and better rates than most of my competing rate for other brands that were out there. Setup was good but I never had to worry about late payments. Just the setups for insurance I fell thru that month was good and I feel that it was okay. It was a very easy setup and getting it was not as hard as it sounded at first but it was very simple to get going for the first time and I liked that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Student Loan Hero?

The payment options were my choice and very convenient for my situation. I was able to pay my loans back on my own terms. At a low interest rate which was awesome. I had a limited amount of customer service but the amount I did have was very good. All my questions were answered quickly and efficiently. The application process was quick. I thought it was very easy. Didn't need too much information. Worth my time I would say. A positive experience. The counseling service I received was good. Nothing to complain about I guess. They helped me through the process and I am satisfied with their assistance.

It helps and works wonders. It can especially be useful to people who are new to financial aid and it helps keep track of things and works with you with the payments. They are very nice and helpful and can really help you if you are clueless which I have been multiple times and they get things sorted right away. The application process is very simple and easy and it’s not a hassle at all nor is it too invading and isn’t that much time consuming and doesn’t take long for you to get your results. It’s amazing for starters. They are always there when you need them and they have no problem with it nor are they rude about anything you have questions about no matter how big or small.

I actually used this to help my fiancé consolidate his loans. It was very easy to use, priced right, and they had many payment options available to us. I had a question when I first started using this service and my questions were answered promptly and skillfully. I was very impressed and happy. I honestly have never seen an easier application of any kind. It wasn't too long. They didn't ask anything that I felt would be unnecessary for them to know. It was a breeze. I didn't find a need to use the counseling services but I did read through it and it seemed very straightforward and easy. If I had to use it I’m sure I would have been happy with the outcome.

It's a good loan payment that has all the right moves and actions to get your stuff correct. I can pay in a variety of ways. One way is to have the money deducted from a checking account. Another way is to use a debit or credit card to make payments. The customer support is friendly and supportive. They offer you the best student loan consolidation to help you make your payments at fast pace. They also give you the option to do a survey to help them succeed in what they do. The application process is easy and intuitive. You do not have to worry about fees and other money grabbing ways that other loan companies have with other customers. They provide the right kind of ways to keep you on your feet. The counsel service is something I have not dealt with. It is useful for those who need help in understanding what this company offers and what they can do to help you succeed in paying back the money you owe to the gov't.

The loans do not have to be paid back until five years after graduation so there is adequate time to find employment. Also there is a great advantage if you begin paying back your loan before this period. They are available by phone and online through email or chat and live chat for any questions or concerns. I especially like the live chat feature so you can actually see who you are talking to. The process is extremely easy and can be completed in office or online and the approval process is also very quick so you do not have to wait weeks on the funds you need.

They were able to set us up with a college loan for our son and make payments monthly over the next 5 years. We were quite happy and have recommended this program to friends and family. We at times have needed customer support with this program. Their customer service department was very helpful to solve any problems which we faced. The application process was very easy. All we had to do was fill out paperwork in advance and show some financial data in order to qualify. We did that and mailed it into them and we received approval very quickly. The counseling service was also very helpful both to our son and to us, the parents. We spoke with them a few times and they helped us to iron out any problems.

Expert Review

Barbara FriedbergPersonal Finance Contributing Editor

Barbara Friedberg, MBA, MS is a former investment portfolio manager with decades of financial experience. Friedberg taught Finance and Investments at several universities. Her work has been featured in U.S. News & World Report, Investopedia, Yahoo!Finance and many more publications.    More about Barbara→

Student Loan Hero was created by a former indebted graduate who was motivated to provide an unbiased solution to help former graduates manage, organize and repay their loans. Student Loan Hero helps borrowers understand their loans and make smart repayment decisions.

• Services: Student Loan Hero lets borrowers sync both federal and private loans into one convenient location. Customers receive an in-depth student loan summary and financial analysis. Repayment plans are customized to fit the client. Student Loan Hero offers advice on federal and private loan repayments.
  • Refinancing: Student Loan Hero is a portal for access to a variety of student loan refinancing companies. The site lists interest rates, loan types, terms and eligibility requirements for the specific refinancing companies.
  • Education and resources: Student loan Hero offers several calculators, such as student loan pre-payment, student loan comparison, student loan payoff versus investing and more so that consumers can make informed decisions. Their educational articles offer answers to important student debt questions.
  • Best for Recent and former college students with a large amount of student debt, those who have multiple lenders and wish to consolidate and those who need to pay back their loans.

Compare Student Loan Consolidation Companies