Overview

Luna Debt Relief has an average rating of 5.0/5.0, based on 7 reviews.

Data Analysis Coming Soon

ConsumerAffairs has been collecting reviews since 1998, including over 3,000 phone interviews per month to get the full story from real consumers.

We are in progress on gathering enough review data to provide you a breakdown. Check out the Web Consensus to see our analysis across all online reviews for this brand.

Data Analysis Coming Soon

5.0(7)
Author pictureAuthor picture
Author picture
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Luna Debt Relief

Luna Debt Relief is a debt settlement firm that assists those with $15,000 or more in credit card debt and other unsecured debts. After a free debt consultation, the company contacts creditors to negotiate on your behalf. Customers may end up with lower monthly payments and the ability to pay off all debt within 24 to 48 months. Debt settlement is not guaranteed, but you pay no service fees until settlement is complete.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • IAPDA-certified debt consultants
  • Free consultation
Cons
  • Fees can be high
  • Not available in all states

Our editor’s take

Luna Debt Relief is a debt settlement company. Those with unsecured debts such as credit card debt and personal loan debt may benefit from signing up with Luna Debt Relief to settle their debts.

If someone is struggling to make debt payments, LDR can help by communicating with creditors such as credit card issuers to negotiate a lower amount owed. The company says it can offer savings of about 50% on the total debt settled, or 21% to 35% after factoring in settlement fees.

How does Luna Debt Relief work?

If you have a minimum of $15,000 in unsecured debt, you may be eligible to work with LDR to resolve the debt. After an initial free debt evaluation by phone or online, you will begin making deposits into an account for debt repayment. A certified debt negotiator from the company contacts creditors to try to decrease the amount you owe on each debt.

LDR sends payments from your designated account to creditors in the agreed amounts. You can check your debt payoff progress online and see your anticipated debt-free date. Luna says most members get their first settlement within three to six months.

Luna Debt Relief costs

Fees for debt relief are typically between 15% and 29% of the total debt settled. A representative from Luna Debt Relief informed us that fees are determined by the debt amount as well as your state of residency.

According to the representative, the company doesn’t take payment for its services until your debt is successfully settled. You’ll also receive a refund for any accounts that the company is unable to settle, although some banking fees or legal fees may be nonrefundable.

Luna Debt Relief FAQ

Does debt relief hurt your credit?

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau warns that debt settlement can harm your credit. While this negative effect on your credit score will not last forever, it is an important factor to consider before signing up with a debt settlement company.

Is Luna Debt Relief available in all states?

Luna Debt Relief serves most states, with the following exceptions: Oregon, Rhode Island, Colorado, Maine, Maryland, Utah, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

Does Luna Debt Relief guarantee debt settlement?

Luna Debt Relief does not and cannot guarantee debt settlement. However, it promises not to charge fees until and unless it succeeds in settling your debt.

Is Luna Debt Relief legit?

Although Luna Debt Relief is a new company, a representative told us by email that it works with partners who have settled over $250 million in debt for 25,000 clients since 2007. Its debt relief consultants are certified by the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA).

For someone with high totals of unsecured debt, Luna Debt Relief assists in negotiating debt amounts and payments down and doesn’t charge any fees until your debt is settled.

With any form of debt settlement or debt relief, be sure to consider the potential impacts to your credit score and future borrowing ability. Also, keep in mind that calling creditors yourself to negotiate debts is an option that bypasses the fees of a debt relief company.

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luna Debt Relief?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luna Debt Relief?

Reviewed July 10, 2024

Luna Debt Relief advisor Cody ** provided detailed information on how the program works as I got behind on credit card payments due to illness and retirement, which resulted in less income. Cody was very patient with me and went over the program to reduce total debt and establish a monthly budget, saving me about $700 a month.

Dear Elaine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us and our advisor, Cody. We understand how challenging it can be when unexpected circumstances like illness and retirement affect income and financial stability.

Saving approximately $700 a month is a significant achievement, and we're delighted that Cody's patience and expertise made a positive difference for you.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you once again for allowing us to help you on your journey to financial freedom.

Get buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Process

Reviewed June 3, 2024

Was nervous about this whole the process, create a game plan to pay off my debt. Thank you for the process and make feel so at ease and happy about the process. I finally feel like I have a grasp of my future. I thought I needed to go to bankruptcy, but I realize I didn’t needed to go that route.

Dear Robert,

Thank you so much for sharing your amazing experience with us!

We are so pleased to hear that our process has helped alleviate your nerves and provided you with a game plan to pay off your debt and avoid bankruptcy.

If you ever have any questions or need additional support, please do not hesitate to reach out. We're here to help every step of the way!

StaffProcessTransparency

Reviewed March 27, 2024

Lance was very patient and helpful! He answered all my questions and assured me that this was a good company. He explained everything and how this program could help. I felt comfortable learning and setting this up with Lance. So far I would highly recommend this program to anyone. Very positive experience. Thanks, Cathy **.

Dear Cathy,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! We're delighted to hear that Lance provided exceptional service while enrolling in our debt relief program.

Lance is indeed a valuable member of our team, and we're delighted to hear that he was patient, helpful, and able to address all your questions.

If you have any further questions or need assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you again for choosing our debt relief services.

Customer Service

Reviewed March 21, 2024

I'm so happy. I took the time to answer my phone calls and spoken to Cody at Luna who help me with my financial advice to resolve. My debt consolidation so helpful and understanding, knowledge, fast, resolves my credit advice. I going to have my sister to call in to get help also. THÀNK VERY MUCH!

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us!

We're please to hear that Cody was able to provide you with helpful financial advice and support in resolving your debt consolidation needs, he is a true asset to the team.

It’s great to hear that your experience was pleasant enough to be shared with a family member. We’d be happy to assist and provide the same level of care and help as you received. Feel free to provide her our toll free number, 888-861-5862 and we’ll get her over to Cody.

If you or your sister ever have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Reviewed March 13, 2024

Professional treatment by the agent! The agent was thorough and answered all of my questions! The agent always asked if I understood the questions. I was with another Company and switched as a result of the customer service I received by the agent. I am comfortable either company and the agent and look forward to working with him.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us!

We're thrilled to hear that our agent provided you with professional treatment and addressed all your questions thoroughly.

It's fantastic to know that our agent's dedication to ensuring your understanding of the process resonated with you. Switching debt relief providers is a significant decision, and we're honored that you chose us based on the exceptional customer service you received.

Should you have any further questions or need assistance along the way, our team is always here to help.

Thank you for entrusting us with your debt relief journey. We're excited to continue working with you and helping you achieve financial freedom.

Reviewed April 10, 2024

Cody ** was very professional and nice, he worked bet hard to get us a plan that worked for us. He was great. They were able to cut my debt in half and get us a payment that fit our budget, freeing up more money so we can stay afloat. 100% recommend them to anyone struggling with debt.

Dear Kimberly,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us and for your kind words about Cody!

We're happy to hear that Cody's professionalism and dedication helped you find a debt solution that fits your needs and budget.

If you ever need further assistance or have any questions along the line, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Process

Reviewed March 8, 2024

The program helped me save $400/mo. Plus paying my total debt off in just 48months. This program helps me save thousands of dollars. I otherwise would have to pay for more than the next 20yrs. This was a no brainer decision. This will allow me to save extra money to my savings account.

Pinned

Thank you for the review!

We're delighted to hear about the savings and debt reduction you are estimated to achieve with our program. It's feedback like yours that inspires us to keep delivering effective solutions.

We're honored by your trust in us and are thrilled to contribute to your financial wellbeing. Remember, we're here for you every step of the way.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be part of your journey to financial freedom.

Luna Debt Relief Company Information