FNBO

FNBO

Omaha, NE

3.7/5 (328 ratings)

About FNBO

Over 150 years old, First National Bank was founded by two pioneers, Herman and Augustus Kountze in 1857 serving Omaha and the surrounding communities. The pioneers who founded First National Bank did so in the spirit of innovation and commitment to customer service. Today, this sixth generation family- owned business has become the largest privately owned banking company in the United States, with locations in seven states and more than 6.6 million customers across the country.

FNBO Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FNBO?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First National Bank of Omaha?

Original review: June 29, 2022

I wrote a nice review but was not approved, but is ok, I just want to said that FNBO is a excellent bank, my husband told me Walter A. Stamford CT, and was true, thank you everyone, good job. Is a team is not only one person, so I said from the PRESIDENT that he have a good team working, that's all. Good webpage and nice customer service, have a excellent rest of the days for every one including Consumer affairs, nice work, excellent 5* too.

Original review: June 27, 2022

Hi everyone inside FNBO bank, my friend Walter A recommend me this bank and everything is easy, customer service amazing, line of credit's very good, I don't understand 1 star reviews? Really I save a lot money with the promotional transfers, so I am very happy, to get a $20,000 in discover card take me 10 years. With FNBO 1 day!!! So guys just pay on time, never a late payment is a good deal. Thanks to the president of the bank and all the employees. Good work.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

I am so Happy with my promotional credit cards, personal and business also, simple faster, I have a 778 FICO and I am moving all my checking and savings to FNBO, Customer service easy to talk and find answers, I am thinking Refi my home. I recommend to my wife and one friend and they are really happier too. So thanks FNBO. Let's make more deals! Walter **

FNBO response

Walter, thank you so much for the 5-star review! We really appreciate you for trusting us to be your bank. We look forward to serving you honorably in the future.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I do not understand the bad reviews on here. I have a personal and business credit card with FNBO and could not be happier. I have had to call with some questions and they were great. Next month I will be talking to them about a business checking and savings account because just found out we have a branch 2 miles from my business. I just hope the banking part is as good as the credit cards have been. THANKS FNBO.

FNBO response

Rickey, thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We look forward to serving you honorably in the future.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

We have had a credit card with FNBO for years and not once were we late on a payment nor had any issue. We called to request a rate reduction because we had never been late on a payment. We were denied. So decided to cancel the card. Called in to get a pay off then we paid it off right then and there to receive a balance of $58.00 on the following month’s statement so then be charge $80.00 in interest!!!! We were floored that that could even be legal to do. We called and complained.. Waited an hour and a half to speak to a manager for him to basically say he isn’t waiving anything and that we owed that much. Very very disappointed and we will never open any account with them again,

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

After only having them for seven or eight months they decreased my credit limit from $10,000-$550. Without any warning while I had a $488 balance on it which makes it basically look like I am maxing out the credit limit. Practically destroying my credit score. For no reason at all. Always paid on time. Then when I called the bank they tell me that this was done because of a significant change in my credit report. Which was a lie. Nothing has changed significantly from the time I applied for their credit card until the time they decided to basically take the entire limit.

I will be disputing the entire credit inquiry on my report. Because it’s basically like they give you a big credit limit and then take it from you I don’t know to use for another customer perhaps. This is not good business. This is not good banking. I have over 30 accounts and I have never experienced this with a credit card company. I wouldn’t recommend them to a person with terrible credit. Because they will do nothing but increase the chances of that person's Credit staying terrible. They are literally a bank that destroys people credit. Scam. DO NOT GET ANYTHING FROM FNBO.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT, get a credit card with this bank. I wish I would have saw the reviews here before I got 3 credit cards with FNBO. It was nice, at first, they give high limits and o% promotional offers. However, even with on time payments, even with high credit score, even with excellent credit reports, even with using the card from time to time, they will SUBSTANTIALLY reduce your limit without warning.

This means, if you're traveling, this card may decline you. If you are expecting to pay a repair bill, you might log in and see your credit limit reduced. DO not trust them. They increased the limit on one of my cards two months ago by $3k because after all I am an awesome customer. Logged in today to see my new statement and they took it back. They left just enough above my balance.

How cruel. How insensitive. How awful. How terrible. Did I say enough times do not get this card. Do not trust this bank. Tell your friends, tell your family to prepare to close their card and use other credit products. Get this credit card company shut down for these terrible practices. I have had credit cards with banks for years and none have ever done this. Ever. In credit forums people are terrified they will be next. Complaint after complaint of this happenening to people for NO reason. Horrible bank. Horrible bank. Horrible bank. Beware.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

Paid court fee. Did not get what I paid for. Court did not refund me but did refund my other bank card. This bank won't refund it. They rely on a script that semantically does not pertain. I did not cancel my service. Well if you did not get what you paid for previously explained that is the same thing as cancel or means I have rights which I do. I am done here and want my money back. The service is horrible. No more Court is not even challenging it and they won't pay me the money for service never received clearly explained.

Original review: July 26, 2022

I've read a lot of other reviews about FNBO today, and to my surprise they're all the same. FNBO is probably the worst bank, especially when it comes to credit. I've been a loyal customer and I've always paid my balance or minimum ON TIME. I've even recently received an increase in my credit limit. But, today I found out that they refused to take a payment from my bank, claiming that the account didn't exist, even though I've used it for every other bill I've had to pay. And yes, we compared routing and account numbers and they checked out. Then I come to find out they decreased my credit limit and that I can request an increase in four months. Out of every one of my credit cards that I have, SCHEELS Visa is by far the worst due to FNBO. I will be closing this account as soon as I pay off the remainder of my balance. I don't need the headache.

Original review: July 12, 2022

My BP credit card recently switched to the FNBO bank and within a month of switching I noticed problems. Extra charges that were not on my original credit card from BP (I think it was Synchrony Bank) and I paid this card off in full every month. When I came across the extra charges, I canceled the card. How is it that I make the same charges and get billed crazy fees when this new bank takes over?! Horrible credit card and they lost a good customer. Oh well! I’m still waiting for a supervisor to return my call. I’m just paying the charges and never want to deal with them again. Warning to others to check your statements for extra charges.

FNBO Company Information