FNBO

FNBO Reviews

Omaha, NE

About FNBO

Over 150 years old, First National Bank was founded by two pioneers, Herman and Augustus Kountze in 1857 serving Omaha and the surrounding communities. The pioneers who founded First National Bank did so in the spirit of innovation and commitment to customer service. Today, this sixth generation family- owned business has become the largest privately owned banking company in the United States, with locations in seven states and more than 6.6 million customers across the country.

FNBO Reviews

Stars Rating

• 9%
  • 6%
  • 3%
  • 4%
  • 77%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First National Bank of Omaha?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First National Bank of Omaha?
    Customer Service

Reviewed July 9, 2024

I've had a FNBO credit card for many years. For the most part, it was ok. I decided to move my checking and saving accounts to a FNBO close to my house. I've had nothing but trouble. It's not good. I tried to pay my credit card account which is at a different FNBO location and they took the money out of the wrong account. (I also signed a paper saying it was ok if one account is short to use another), the payment got returned. No one notified me. I continued to use my card putting it into over the limit. I tried to pay the card off again and they did it again and didn't notify me, they apologized and told me, "It's ok because we didn't charge you a return fee" and now my FNBO credit card won't accept my payment I made over a week ago because they said there was 2 returns??

I didn't do anything wrong but now my CC account is flagged. I've been having trouble getting a hold of anyone the past couple days and there was a recording that said they was having trouble with their site and to call back another day?? I feel that something major is going on with this bank so I will go in there today in person and see if I feel comfortable keeping my money there any longer. It's such a pain to switch with all the automatic payments etc but I can't be restricted from my money. I need to pay my bills and know the payments actually came out of the correct account in a timely manner. My credit card is still not paid. This doesn't work for me.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 25, 2024

FNBO just took over my Flagstar credit card account and within days I needed to call customer service for a "service fee" on my account that I have never had to pay in my entire adult life. The guy who answered in the customer service department was a rude jerk who would not help me and when I asked who else I could talk to about this issue, he told me no one and hung up on me. Absolute worst service I have ever experienced, stay away from this company.

Get buying tips about Banks delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Verified purchase
      Customer ServicePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 21, 2024

I do not like writing negative reviews, however it is important for anyone thinking to apply for this FNBO card to know how you will be treated. I originally applied for the card in 2021 as a promotion through Station Casinos in Las Vegas and received a $1700.00 credit limit. (You get player points with each purchase) After standard card use, and flawless payment history, my credit limit was raised to $3500.00. Every month I pay triple or more on my payment. I have never been late, never gone over my credit limit, and have never had any suspicious activity. Suddenly, without cause my credit limit was lowered to $1600.00. (at the time my balance was right at $1590, which made it look to the credit bureaus as though I had maxed out my card)

I called to ask why and they could not give me an explanation other than "I'm sorry, there is nothing we can do about it". I have multiple cards with much higher limits, but I really liked the bonus points at the local venues. Anyhow, I was not happy, so I wrote a negative review. Well, about 2 months later, as soon as my balance dropped below $1300.00, they again dropped my limit to $1300.00. Two credit limit drops in just as many months. Now, for perspective, during this time, I was receiving increases from other cards I owned. I was furious, and began paying my FNBO card's balance off. This will be the second bad review I have written, and my guess is they will drop my limit again. That is fine, but they will never again receive another dollar in interest from me as this has been the WORST credit card experience ever. Please, please do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for better cards. This bank is horrific.

Customer ServiceContract & Terms

Reviewed June 19, 2024

This bank is one of the worst banks for customer service and truthfulness!! In fact, they have a penchant for lying. I have made payments religiously year upon year on my Lincoln Access Rewards Visa, was sideline by cancer and was somewhat behind on my very timely OVERPAYMENTS to keep my card current and active.

Since having a payment returned due to auto-pay when I was disabled, they have now retreated to accepting my payments and holding them without giving my the credit that is on my contract for as much as 20 days...especially when the main department says and confirms credit available. Had several embarrassing events, and their excuse after advising me of the availability, was to transfer me to a uncaring and meaningless department which just says "the computer will not unlock". I hope the banking regulators get a hold of this message and gives this uncaring and lying banker the well deserved reward of a fine for their miserable untruths.

Verified purchase
      Customer ServiceContract & TermsCoverageSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed June 13, 2024

I am writing to express my disappointment with the lack of understanding and grasp of the severity of the matter and customer care provided by Fiat Mastercard Bank of Omaha company regarding fraudulent activity related to a car rental service. I agreed to reserve to the price offered to me at the time of reservation online. Despite my efforts to inform the customer service team, I was unable to resolve my issue. I signed up for a compact car rental with full coverage insurance through an online service. Upon arriving in Tulum, Mexico, the rental company refused to provide the car under the agreed-upon terms and wanted to charge additional fees, claiming they did not accept the insurance I had purchased online, putting me on the spot to scam me and take advantage of my situation so they refused to give me the car.

This was a bait and switch that the credit card company bank of Omaha failed to comprehend. As a result of this situation and the inadequate support from bank of Omaha company, I have been compelled to close both of my credit cards with fnb chrysler capital fiat master card company despite my many efforts to not to go this route but I was forced to make this decision because I feel I am not with a company who cares for their customers.

Reviewed June 4, 2024

My card was lost while I was away from home. Because of recent events, I don't currently have access to funds other than my credit availability. My dad is seriously ill, and I've been his care advocate through 5 weeks in 2 different ICUs. I explained this to the CSR when I cancelled the card and ordered a replacement. They failed to explain that without paying extra to "expedite" the shipping, there would be no tracking on the card. That was over 2 weeks ago. Still no card, and I'm completely helpless. Customer Service doesn't care, and blames the problem on the USPS.

Reviewed May 18, 2024

For one I don't understand all these low ratings! I'm not into reviewing companies but FNBO is awesome! Just a great credit card I had for years with 0% Apr balance transfer for the life of the loan! That's INCREDIBLE!!! Plus a loan with them as well and I don't have one thing bad to say about First National Bank of Omaha!!!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupOnline & App

Reviewed May 7, 2024

I accidentally stopped my text messages via their texting tool and the banker I talked to on the phone had no clue how I could restart them. The app and the website only provide setup instructions and give no help on how to restart stopped text messages. I've had many problems with this bank ever since Amtrak changed their credit card rewards program to them. Avoid banking with them.

Customer Service

Reviewed May 1, 2024

This is the worst company. They will not let you pay but by your credit card so that they can take money out of your account without your authorization. This has happen twice to me. Then they try to say I did it and no way they could of. Wrong. When you give them all your info they can recharge. They will not take payments by mail then send you a email they are going to turn you into the creditors because they will not accept your payments. Oh and might I add the crappy email they sent on turning me in for money I sent through mail and they haven't credited yet us not a good email to respond back to. They force you to speak with them only to get nowhere.

Reviewed April 18, 2024

I have a zero balance on my card, which I just paid off, with 100% payment record across the board, 775 Experian credit score, and I just received a letter stating that the apr charge will now be 30.99% as starting June 1st.. I had to laugh. They think they are the only game in town. Just really know what you are getting into. This bank is a joke and by their charges, I’m guessing they could be in trouble with their credit card business and trying to recover losses. Whatever the situation, I would stay clear of this mess. I owe them nothing, and my card is locked. Will never use again. Just giving anyone who reads this a heads up. I will upload the letter received in my next review.

FNBO Company Information