Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.42/5

Approved Cash Advance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Approved Cash Advance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Approved Cash Advance?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2012

I walked in to the office to find out about pawning my title. First, the lady did not say hello, may I help, or anything for that fact. She was talking to a man that had his sleeves cut off and was using foul languages. When she turned around to notice me, she asked me to hold on. By that time, she and I am guessing her husband were fighting in the office. I made a comment that I would like to be helped and she stated I could go somewhere else then.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2011

I received a disturbing phone call from Sheila after I received a loan due to an error on both of our parties. I spoke with Sheila approximately 2:10 pm on the same day. She then started calling my phone which I did not have with me at that time. When my 11 year old answered, Sheila screamed at her, "Where's Katrina!" She handed me the phone and Sheila proceeded to scream at me

As I was trying to calm her down so I could find out what was wrong, she stated that I knew I wasn't supposed to leave with loan. I then told her there must be some kind of misunderstanding and that I would be right there. Sheila continued to scream at me as I was trying to explain that this matter will be taken care of as soon as I get there and that I am on my way right as we spoke. I then realized that Sheila had hung up on me.

While on my way to the loan company to resolve the matter, I received 3 phone calls. One was from an upset pregnant daughter who was told that Sheila had said that I was going to jail for theft. Then, my sister Holly called and said that when she and my other sister Carletta arrived at our place of employment, Sheila was there, waiting in the parking lot. Sheila loudly proceeded to tell them that if I did not contact her at that moment, she was going to have me arrested while I was at work that night.

Meanwhile, Holly explains that mom was upset and I needed to call her right away. In between these calls, I arrived at loan office, upset. I then explained to Sheila that there is a misunderstanding. Sheila blurted out that I am on camera and that I knew I was not supposed to take the money with me. I asked for manager's number so that I could make a complaint but was advised that the manager was standing there then, and also was when I received the loan. I then left and went to my mother's and she already had this page up to file complaint on them due to misconduct of improperly handling this matter unprofessionally with her phone call from Sheila as well.

Original review: July 25, 2011

Scott had my car reposed for no valid reason. Every employee has a different answer. I made arrangements with Sariah, the store manager, to mail my payments in because I was moving out of state, but the car was to be left in Oklahoma with my son and his girlfriend. I went in the month before I moved and gave my new address and phone and have it changed by pay date because my husband's payday was change to once a month. Everything was supposed to be fine according to Sariah.

My son got the car impounded. We got it out and I talked with Sariah and we made arrangements for my son to come in and make payments every two weeks to get the car paid off early, again, everything is peachy. I let her know that the payment was to be mailed friday, the 22nd, and I gave her my son's girlfriend's name and number because that's who had the car.

That Saturday, the DM Scott, decided that the arrangements is not good enough because of Sariah's lack of notes and had the car reposed. One employee was very helpful and told me that Sariah put in the notes and she had just put the change of address and new contact of my son's girlfriend. I could not get Sariah to call me and the only way I got Scott to call was to find the corporate number online because the store does not know number. When I talked with Scott, he pretty much said that his decision was based on lack of notes but too bad for me. When I asked to get his manager's name and number, he refused to give it to me and said I would have to deal with him. This cannot be legal. I do not know what to do.

Original review: May 11, 2011

On March 22, 2011; I went into the check cashing business to make my April payment for my title that is due on the second of every month. Nicole ** gave me my money back and told me to call Rick ** and to see if he will give me a payout. So I called and he gave me a payout of $550.00 and he said I had until Friday - March 25, 2011 to come in with the $550.00.

I didn't make the payout because every time I go in to make my payment my payout goes up instead of down and this is my second loan with them and I always pay a few dollars over and the employee Nicole ** told me that this is the best way to make my payments now. When you go in to make a payment they use a simple receipt book that you can buy out of any store.

You have to buy a money order from them and you sign it and they keep the whole money order and they don't even give you the receipt. They will only give you a written out receipt. On May 5, 2011; I went inside the business I had Nicole ** call rick ** to ask him about a payout and also to make a payment. She asked him and he told her to make a payout for $1,000.00.

I asked him how did it go from $550.00 to $1,000.00 and he told me he thought it was a signature loan that is why he said $550.00 and I told him he was lying and when I spoke to him he told me he didn't have his laptop in front of him and that is when he said it was a title loan instead of a signature loan and I told him okay and that I would make my payment.

He told Nicole not to accept my payment which is the second time he has refused to accept my payment and he was being very unprofessional. He was yelling at me. I then asked him who was his supervisor and he stated that he didn't have one. I then hung up the phone because he had me so upset. He called back hollering and screaming at Nicole and he told her to revoke the $1,000.00 offer and told her it's going to be $1,500.00 to make a payout if I wanted to get my title back.

That afternoon, I called Approved Finance home office and I talked to a lady named Mary **. I told her what my concerns were. She then put me on the phone with David which told me Rick's supervisor name was Darrell Martin. I left a message for Darrell to call me back which I never received.

So today - May 10, 2011 I called and spoke with Mary ** again and told her that Darrell ** hasn't returned my calls. He finally called me around 3pm this afternoon and I still don't get a clear understanding as to where my money is going. I would like for someone to please look into this matter.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2009

I am writing you about a problem I’m having with Approved Cash Advance. The store is located at

6157 Virginia Beach Boulevard Norfolk, Virginia 23502 Phone: (757) 455-8390 The contact person is Patti Williams. I borrowed $615.00. I made a $50.00 payment on July 30th. A $94.17 payment on August 14th and a $95.00 payment on September 23rd. The last 2 payments were sent to Patti via money order. The $50.00 payment was in cash. The remaining balance is $375.83. Even though the balance is $375.83 Patti Williams tried to withdraw $615.00 from my checking account creating an overdraft charge recently. She is trying to withdraw more from my account than I owe. I can’t pay all the money at once but have tried in good faith to make a monthly payment. On September 25th, the corporate head quarters was contacted. The contact person was Karen Swafford. Her address is Customer Service Department, P.O. Box 2038, Cleveland, TN 37320. Phone number is: (800) 611-9432. It was explained to Karen that Patti Williams the person of contact at the office the money was borrowed has threatened to garnish my salary and is calling me at work every day harassing me. This is putting my job in jeopardy. Karen stated that she would send an e-mail to the district manager, Nikki Rojas. Have not heard back from her yet. Can you please let me know who else I should contact in regards to this problem? Thank you. Timothy L. Allen, Jr. 520 Pinesong Lane # 302 Virginia Beach, Virginia 23451

Approved Cash Advance Company Information