4.6/5 (26 ratings)

About Khan Academy

Khan Academy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Khan Academy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Khan Academy?

Original review: June 18, 2020

I had my second grader complete second grade Math and Grammar. The Grammar was very rigorous for an 8 year old. Use of colons, semi colons, parallel use of verbs, and a lot of content that was helpful for me getting my graduate degree but way above a second grade level. The Math was great. Spot on.

Original review: June 14, 2020

My kids really enjoyed using this platform. The videos and practice questions are very helpful and great for learning during covid-19. Also I love how this platform allows them to redo assignments to get a better grade.

Original review: June 13, 2020

The science lessons for 7th grade fit state and national standards, scaffold content from simple to complex, are interactive as well as user friendly for students. I would highly recommend the lessons on Khan Academy.

Original review: June 12, 2020

Khan Academy is a great online learning platform because the instructors the company uses are a high quality teachers. They explain and show step by steps instructions on solving problems. It is a free and affordable learning platform.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Khan Academy is a terrific way to learn and supplement Math instruction. It is my go to website when teaching my students skills from multiplication to graphing linear equations. The step by step instruction is easy to follow. The instructors are knowledgeable and thorough. I give it 5 stars hands down!

Original review: April 29, 2019

Khan Academy has seriously been a lifesaver to me. I am in an honors science class for the first time, and it has given me so much useful and helpful practice throughout the year. I am going into high school next year, and my just seeing the range of subjects offered, I know that there is no way I won't do well next year. Thanks to my free tutor, Khan Academy. Khan Academy could be my only source of education, and in all honesty I'd be fine with that. It may seem small, but the little confetti burst it gives you after each right answer really pumps me up and gives me so much confidence. I don't know what I'd do without it!

Original review: March 6, 2019

I've been searching for years for a good Math book. I tried academically approved math books but found them confusing. They're written with the expectations like you already know the math. They're written for the teacher not the learning student. Being an adult I recall giving up on math in 10th grade and just tried enough to pass. This place is speeding me up to college level math. I'll soon be able to take the required math classes for my program without challenge.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

The different courses were very helpful, especially when helping out on homework. There are many courses to choose from, and they are all very detailed for maximum learning. The Instructors are very qualified. I did not have a single Instructor that wasn't qualified enough to meet my (admittedly high) expectations. I would definitely recommend Khan Academy to those looking for an easy learning experience. The courses are easy to understand, and the objectives are explained in multiple different ways. Though I would have been satisfied with having it for free, I think the fee charged was very reasonable, given the helpfulness and overall value of the service.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

I use Khan Academy to reinforce lessons I learned in the school. Its like having a helping hand at home with the option of stopping and starting a lesson as I would want. They make sure everything is clarified and transparent. They explain and have a visual explanation as well so that everyone is very much aware what is on the screen. At times, there may be times where one needs to rewind or watch a certain aspect over - I DON'T know if it's because we're so used to being taught by a teacher and not someone else through a screen, but for the most part you could say it's simple. It's absolutely without a doubt worth the sign up. It's such a useful tool in and out of classrooms and will benefit you in the long run evidentially so, the value is absolutely worth it.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

There were the same courses you'd find in any high school; chemistry, biology, history, all that stuff. You could almost substitute it for going to high school period if you so wished. They seemed competent and knowledgeable in the subjects they were teaching. It was all extremely easy to follow, if at any point you were to get lost you could rewind the videos and watch it again. Once in a blue moon I'd find myself unable to comprehend whatever it was they were teaching but it happened so little it was almost negligible. Worth every penny, to put it simply. Traditional high school doesn't cost anything and neither does this, only you can do it from the comfort and luxury of your own home.

Khan Academy Company Information