4.3/5 (28 ratings)

About Khan Academy

Khan Academy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Khan Academy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Khan Academy?

Original review: June 20, 2020

Very clear and helpful. The presentation contains lots of details and examples and show all the steps to avoid any confusions. Color coded presentation to help making things easier to comprehend. Thank you Khan.

Original review: June 19, 2020

We used Khan Academy to prepare our students for the Scholastic Aptitude Test SAT. The curriculum was engaging and we could monitor and reward students that put in extra effort. It was a very profitable adventure as our class scores went up 15%!

Original review: June 18, 2020

I had my second grader complete second grade Math and Grammar. The Grammar was very rigorous for an 8 year old. Use of colons, semi colons, parallel use of verbs, and a lot of content that was helpful for me getting my graduate degree but way above a second grade level. The Math was great. Spot on.

Original review: June 14, 2020

My kids really enjoyed using this platform. The videos and practice questions are very helpful and great for learning during covid-19. Also I love how this platform allows them to redo assignments to get a better grade.

Original review: June 13, 2020

The science lessons for 7th grade fit state and national standards, scaffold content from simple to complex, are interactive as well as user friendly for students. I would highly recommend the lessons on Khan Academy.

Original review: June 12, 2020

Khan Academy is a great online learning platform because the instructors the company uses are a high quality teachers. They explain and show step by steps instructions on solving problems. It is a free and affordable learning platform.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Khan Academy is a terrific way to learn and supplement Math instruction. It is my go to website when teaching my students skills from multiplication to graphing linear equations. The step by step instruction is easy to follow. The instructors are knowledgeable and thorough. I give it 5 stars hands down!

Original review: April 29, 2019

Khan Academy has seriously been a lifesaver to me. I am in an honors science class for the first time, and it has given me so much useful and helpful practice throughout the year. I am going into high school next year, and my just seeing the range of subjects offered, I know that there is no way I won't do well next year. Thanks to my free tutor, Khan Academy. Khan Academy could be my only source of education, and in all honesty I'd be fine with that. It may seem small, but the little confetti burst it gives you after each right answer really pumps me up and gives me so much confidence. I don't know what I'd do without it!

Original review: March 6, 2019

I've been searching for years for a good Math book. I tried academically approved math books but found them confusing. They're written with the expectations like you already know the math. They're written for the teacher not the learning student. Being an adult I recall giving up on math in 10th grade and just tried enough to pass. This place is speeding me up to college level math. I'll soon be able to take the required math classes for my program without challenge.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

The different courses were very helpful, especially when helping out on homework. There are many courses to choose from, and they are all very detailed for maximum learning. The Instructors are very qualified. I did not have a single Instructor that wasn't qualified enough to meet my (admittedly high) expectations. I would definitely recommend Khan Academy to those looking for an easy learning experience. The courses are easy to understand, and the objectives are explained in multiple different ways. Though I would have been satisfied with having it for free, I think the fee charged was very reasonable, given the helpfulness and overall value of the service.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

I use Khan Academy to reinforce lessons I learned in the school. Its like having a helping hand at home with the option of stopping and starting a lesson as I would want. They make sure everything is clarified and transparent. They explain and have a visual explanation as well so that everyone is very much aware what is on the screen. At times, there may be times where one needs to rewind or watch a certain aspect over - I DON'T know if it's because we're so used to being taught by a teacher and not someone else through a screen, but for the most part you could say it's simple. It's absolutely without a doubt worth the sign up. It's such a useful tool in and out of classrooms and will benefit you in the long run evidentially so, the value is absolutely worth it.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

There were the same courses you'd find in any high school; chemistry, biology, history, all that stuff. You could almost substitute it for going to high school period if you so wished. They seemed competent and knowledgeable in the subjects they were teaching. It was all extremely easy to follow, if at any point you were to get lost you could rewind the videos and watch it again. Once in a blue moon I'd find myself unable to comprehend whatever it was they were teaching but it happened so little it was almost negligible. Worth every penny, to put it simply. Traditional high school doesn't cost anything and neither does this, only you can do it from the comfort and luxury of your own home.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

It gave me the key concepts I wasn't paying attention to in High School. Happy to have gone through the course, but it didn't inspire me to continue. Competent but no more. I had the impression he hadn't quite adapted the material to a beginner's audience. He assumed knowledge at times, and more repetition needs to be built into the presentation. The course material is easy to follow. I found myself taking a lot of time with equations. Stopping the course and spending a long time trying to understand each concept. Time consuming but satisfying. My Beginning Algebra course is really for someone who feels guilty about not retaining any of his high school contact with the subject. As such, the Kahn course satisfied me, but like I said it wasn't exactly super inspiring.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

The selection was great. They had every course I could of dreamed. I was set on one of course but looking thru and seeing them all was like wow that cool. The instructors were like the smartest Ive worked with and it seemed as if they were one-on-one-ing me all the time so I was right there in touch with all. I am a fast learner so idk how easy it is for everyone but for me it was like the greatest. I was in and out with all I needed in no time to my new position. The price was great. I looked at a few before and just kept comng back to this over and over so I went with it and never looked back. The value is spot on.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

The course selection at Khan academy doesn't offer as many online courses as some of the other online academies but still offer enough to maintain. Instructor qualifications for Khan academy are of the highest degree. Everything is laid out for you so there is no confusion over anything trivial. The ease of learning at Khan academy is exactly that, ease of learning. Everything is laid out and presented as is in black and white for all to see. I'd imagine the perceived value of Khan academy should be high as the academy holds itself to a high standard amongst online colleges. Where others fall short, Khan rises.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

It is a great company with a lot of different types of service and it has plenty of courses to choose from so that you don't stop learning! It has strict policies and sometimes you won't qualify and that is completely normal. Some people look for certain learners to teach. It might seem boring for a bit, but when you realize you are actually learning and developing your mind further, you are happy with the results you are seeing. It is an expensive program to buy a membership for, but if you really like learning new things and don't mind the price, this is a program meant just for you.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

Khan Academy has really helped me throughout my education. They have all subjects, that you may need help or tutoring in. They also have videos as well that demonstrate the lessons taught. When you master a skill, you get a badge! How fun is that. I definitely recommend this app to any struggling student! Also, in the app, when you are offline you can also keep learning! You won't regret Khan Academy! The instructor will teach you all you need to know! Trust me, it is a very helpful app that any student will need. You have to however qualify for help, or tutoring. It is very easy to learn these lessons. They give a fantastic variety of ways to learn, including videos, pictures, and also courses. I used more videos however. Its value is very good as well. Many people and students that I know have used Khan Academy and have loved it! It's good for anybody to use too.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

The course that I took was the math. It helped me to review some of the basics that I had forgotten in high school. The interaction was very intuitive. The worthy instructor was very knowledgeable about what he was teaching. He was able to get me through some difficulties that I was experiencing previously and moved me forward. It was very easy to get on to the website and I had no problem logging in and out. The lessons were easy to find and they matched you up well. I cannot complain about the value of Khan Academy because it was free. I loved that I did not have to pay anything at all to use it and learned so much.

Khan Academy Company Information