Call toll free
(191) 772-20237
4.01/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers with their coding, data science and UX bootcamps. They provide courses in today’s most in-demand skills. When you learn with GA, you get award-winning curriculum, expert instructors, a global community of 70,000-plus full- and part-time alumni, career results from leading-edge tech courses, with mentorship each step of the way.

General Assembly Gallery (6)
View More View More

151 General Assembly Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 2, 2019

This was a 6 weeks online course. A suggestion I did have was potentially having local mentors. This would suit the one-on-ones in being about to properly connect and catch-up with the work assignments and the challenges it brings.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Digital Marketing 10-Week Course. As a senior level marketer, my experience was primarily in traditional marketing. I managed a team of mostly digitally trained marketers and wanted to be a better manager and have a deeper level of knowledge about the space. This course served as a great overview of many important areas of digital marketing and gave me a greater confidence level and skill level to lead my team and meet our goals.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

One of the main reasons I chose the Web Development Immersive Program through General Assembly was their outcomes program. It was important to me to gain the technical knowledge for my new career, but it was even more important to have support and guidance through the transition. The outcomes team at the Chicago campus was phenomenal! I felt prepared and supported during my job search. I appreciated the continued communication and support even once the technical portion of the program was complete. They stuck with me while I navigated the job market and eventually landing new positions within the tech industry.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I attended the Data Analytics Course in Washington, DC. It was fast-paced, but there was ample opportunity to communicate with the instructors both online and in-person. I learned so much valuable information! Would definitely recommend!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

The big reason I decided to attend GA versus other code camps is because they had an Outcomes program, which was supposed to give you support after the program in order to help you land interviews, pass interviews, and get that job. Not only was our Outcomes constantly gone throughout the program, but when they were supposed to transfer me from one campus to another after my program due to me moving from the east coast to west coast they dropped the ball constantly and I was left without support for over a month.

Also in order to pad their numbers they considered me getting a part time retail job to help with bills as successfully getting hired and closed out my account making me unable to get any continued support. Also they had instructors quit a few months before the program started and instead of doing the responsible thing and pushing back the program for when they got a proper instructor they instead had a web design instructor teach a data science course for 4 weeks. This place is a scam. Stay away.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about General Assembly?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

HTML, CSS and Web Design circuit - I thoroughly enjoyed each lesson, as it worked around my time and I could do everything at my own pace. I just wish that some of the courses weren't so expensive as I'd love to be able to do more.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

My experience in the UX Immersive program, Atlanta Campus wasn't all that I hoped it would be. The number of students in the class was distracting and ultimately put us competing on the market at the same time for jobs, making it more challenging and not holding up to what were were "sold on". There seemed to lack enough "relationships" with companies that GA told us about. Not enough people came to our showcase. The wifi issues were frustrating and although we were offered $2,000 since one student received a $5K refund, it felt like if we didn't complain throughout the course we weren't being compensated for our troubles. We were in the same course and had the same experience. Overall, I felt GA could have done better.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I attended the 12 week Data Science Immersive in 2017 at the San Francisco campus. We were introduced to a wide range of Data Science topics and techniques with plenty of practical hands on experience. It was a well balanced curriculum providing a sound base of knowledge to enable you to develop as a Data Scientist as well as a good grounding in the tools used in this field. I would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to start learning this field.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I had an excellent experience taking the JavaScript Development course at the San Francisco campus. I learned the fundamentals of Vanilla JS and DOM manipulation. My instructor, Sasha, was awesome and was very good at breaking down and articulating tough topics in a way that made sense. There were 3 major projects that really helped solidify my understanding of using JS for interactivity and consuming web APIs for single page apps. I was able to use 2 projects in my portfolio and was able to grow my role at my job with my new JS skills. You get what you put in, so my advice is to go all in! It truly was a great experience and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I studied at the Atlanta campus at a night Digital Marketing intensive. While I found the teacher proficient in the subject matter I think we (the students) could have benefited from different perspectives from professionals in the field. I often find contradictions for approaches now that I am in the field, and that started day one.

Admittedly, this is bound to happen for some topics because digital marketing is still emerging and growing, but only having one perspective (and it seemed like she was fairly new in the field herself) has been challenging as I try to find work and network with other people.

I also find it disheartening that resources that are available to all of the other subjects that GA (such as a job boards and career days) are not available to digital marketing students. One of the things that helped motivate me to signing up for General Assembly was the opportunities for networking with professionals so that I might have a better go at expanding my career. Digital Marketing students pay a substantial fee and to not have similar post-graduation resources has been disheartening and the #1 reason why I have not recommended GA to others (and I have been asked numerous times). I only say it's a good opportunity if an employer will be paying for it. Ultimately it was not terrible, but far lacking in comparison to what other students of GA enjoy.

General Assembly Company Information