4.7/5 (72 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Shawn Richardson

About Ship A Car, Inc.

Ship A Car, Inc. is an auto transport broker that serves individuals and businesses in all 50 states. The company coordinates open and closed shipping from door to door for all types of vehicles and equipment. You can get a quote by filling out a form online or by calling and speaking with a representative. Ship A Car, Inc. is registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.

Pros

• Direct pickup and drop-off
  • Military discounts
  • Dedicated transport coordinator

Cons

• No 24-hour phone support

Bottom Line

Ship A Car brokers door-to-door vehicle shipping services for individuals and businesses across the U.S. The company offers open and enclosed transport and moves all types of vehicles. Get a free quote online or by phone.

Ship A Car, Inc. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship A Car, Inc.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ship A Car, Inc.?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

The guy picked up the car as promised. He was very nice. I wasn't there, so he picked it up from my neighbor. They went over everything and took all the pictures. When they delivered it to my sister, my sister said the same thing. But, the price was a little different than we were originally quoted. But we were told that was because of the high traffic time when people go into Florida. But it wasn't any more than anybody else had quoted. And the people at Ship A Car were exceptionally nice. They also followed along all the way through from the beginning to the end. After the whole thing was all over, they called and asked, "Is everything okay and good?"

Ship A Car, Inc. response

Hi Kathi! I am so glad your experience with Ship A Car, Inc. was a good one! It was a pleasure working with you and I hope we can help you in the future. -Lisa

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

I shipped two cars with Ship A Car, Inc. I was never nervous. But they handled everything efficiently. Dealing with them was great. What they quoted me is what it cost. I've already recommended them.

Ship A Car, Inc. response

It was a pleasure setting up transport for your projects so far. Of course if you ever need some help reach out to me direct at 786-539-4713. Thanks, Jonathan

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

The person that I spoke to was really nice and she gave me the best price. The people that I dealt with were extremely easy to deal with and it was the fastest shipping. It was all done within 48 hours. They set it up the day before the date and then the next day, the guy picked it up at 11 o'clock in the afternoon and it was dropped off at 12 o'clock midnight. Also, the final cost was the same as what they quoted me from the beginning. I would suggest everybody use them. It was the best experience I've ever had with shipping anything.

Ship A Car, Inc. response

Thank you for the great view. I enjoyed working with you and happy to hear about your experience shipping your Vespa. Let me know when you have something else to ship, or share my name and phone number with your friends. Kristina

Original review: Oct. 15, 2022

Everybody was true to their word. The car got up there on time. Ship A Car, Inc. picked it up in ZIP code 33706 on a Friday and dropped it off at ZIP Code 60002 on a Monday. I will use them again.

Ship A Car, Inc. response

Hi Rick, I'm glad everything went well if you need anything shipped again please call me at 561-886-6687 Thanks, Steve

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

I needed my car to get here by a certain day. Ship A Car, Inc. had guaranteed me the day would be. I used them a few years ago, so I knew they did a good job. The driver gave us some time in advance to know when he was coming and we barely waited. It was perfect.

Ship A Car, Inc. response

It was a pleasure working with you Sara. Thank you for having some flexibility with the pick-up and delivery timing. It is always helpful, whether we need it or not. I look forward to being of further service if and when you may need it.

Thanks again

Steve H

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

It was very easy for me to use Ship A Car, Inc. Their website was easy to decipher. They had a clear estimate. And they were moderately priced. They outlined what was in and out of scope. They had a sourcing manager that called me directly then to set up the scope of work. That was all done electronically, so that was all easy. He called his own vendors for shipping the car. So, there must have been a central office that managed my initial request. And he found someone in the local area that could ship the car. So, that was all seamless as well. There was lots of communication.

The guy who picked up the car in Seattle was nice, focused on getting the car here as quickly as possible. He delivered the car here within a few days. He did have a little mishap. He was at a truck stop and a large truck hit his caravan, but it didn't damage my car. It made for a delay in the shipping. But that was not anybody's fault.

Ship A Car, Inc. response

Thank you so much for your review Sheryl. It was my pleasure getting one of our finest enclosed carriers to transport the new Ford Edge to your location there in Texas. I’m always happy to provide future service to either you or your friends and family. Just give me a call. Steve 954.510.9197

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

Ship A Car, Inc.'s website had more information and they were quick to get back. They were more definitive on what would actually occur. The reps were knowledgeable, called me back often, helped me out throughout the steps, and answered the questions. There was an instance when one was out and the other one was able to take over and pick right up for that particular day. They brought the car here and got here around the timeframe they said. They dropped it off. I would have preferred that there would have been a better a handoff. “These are the things we checked before they loaded it. These are the things that you need to go around and check to make sure they're the same.” But it was, “Here's the key. Sign for it. See you later.” But overall, it’s good.

Ship A Car, Inc. response

Thomas was a Great Customer. He had just purchased a New ATV/UTV from a Dealership in New Hampshire & wanted it shipped to Virginia. The Dealership could've done a better job documenting/photographing the Vehicle prior to/during the Loading-shipping process. The Driver did his job professionally and delivered the vehicle in a timely fashion and securely. Although we try to go the extra mile for our Customers/Clients, sometimes we aren't able to provide the same type of service the Actual Salesperson may have provided at Delivery. I would gladly help Thomas again! If I can be helpful, Please call Doug @ 954-644-8860

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

Working with the rep from Ship A Car was perfect. She was on top of it. There was some weather involved, but the driver was very good at updating and if I sent him a text, he was very responsive. There was a difference of $50 in the initial quote and ending bill but it was to our benefit.

Ship A Car, Inc. response

Thank you Fran for the great review! I’m so happy we were able to save you some money along the way. I love what I do and love it more when I hear from my happy customers. If you should need anything else shipped or if you know someone needing a car, motorcycle, golf cart or boat to be shipped, please give me at call. Have a great day! Kristina

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

The communication with the rep was great. It was not overwhelming or too salesy. He gave me the quote and told me the process and time frame for how things happen and to contact him if I wanna book with them. He also told me that other than that, he would not bother me. And he didn’t. But I reached out to move forward in the process after that initial conversation. The communication was perfect and I appreciated the driver’s 24-hour heads-up. He said he would be in San Diego around a certain time the next day. Then, he would call probably an hour out to dropping the vehicle off to let me know where to meet him if he can’t logistics-wise, drop it off on my street. So, that was good.

I had an awesome experience with Ship A Car. I've shipped my car in the past with someone that I knew so it was a very comfortable process and I was nervous going into it this time with someone I didn't know or a company I wasn't familiar with. But Ship A Car made it easy and I would want 100% to use this company again.

Ship A Car, Inc. response
Courtney sums it up nicely. I’m happy to inform/educate my Customers prior to their first experience with Ship A Car, Inc. That way there are few surprises. Some customers insist on initiating the Processes via Email & that doesn’t translate well. There are details that need to be explained over the phone or via Video Chat.
Courtney’s first experience with us was a Cross Country move, so there was some timing involved and all went smoothly, as planned.

Ship A Car, Inc. works with our Independent Drivers to insure proper communication and service. We have the ability to rate them & they have the ability to rate us, so we make sure we treat each other & OUR CLIENTS Professionally & Respectfully.

I look forward to working with others like Courtney.

Thank You, Courtney!

Respectfully,

Doug Hopper

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Ship A Car was highly rated for a reason and it lived up to every expectation I had, which had to do with the person that I worked with. He was very good at his job and he set my expectations. He was super communicative and he answered my questions. The setup was relatively easy. He explained to me what would happen, how it works, what they do, and the timeframe that they work in. It was getting closer to my requested pickup date and I hadn't heard anything so I reached out to my guy. He said we'd start getting some action in the next couple of days. I trusted him and sure enough, he called me two days later and told me the transporter's name and their number. He said they would get in touch with me.

The transporter showed up and at the time, I lived in a very busy area of Miami so it was a little difficult for him but he got my car loaded. He had to reverse my car up onto the transport and it was all the way up on top, in reverse, so I was impressed. He knew what he was doing. The only problem is that car showed up so quickly. They got my car to its destination within a day and a half and the guy needed a cashier's check. I had my mother here for the dropoff and thankfully, she ran out and got it right away. Other than that, the transport was seamless from beginning to end.

Ship A Car, Inc. response
Thank You Adilia, it was a Pleasure working with you as well. I’ll gladly help you with your next Project/Move when you see the need. Feel free to call me anytime.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

Best auto transport company I've ever used. Coast to coast in 5 days, great communication, nice guys. I've been a wholesale auto dealer for 22 years and I've never had transportation service like this. Fair price and exceptional service. Try them!

Hi Don

I’m glad everything went well If you need anything shipped again please call me

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

Ship A Car's website was really professional. When you're looking to ship a vehicle, you want something that you feel confident in and their website really conveyed that. Everything also went smoothly when I called. The gentleman I worked with told me to submit the quote online, which I did, and it was very easy to do. They had straightforward questions and I spoke back with him to work out the fine details of the pick-up date, delivery date, and pricing. The service was very professional and everything worked according to plan. I ended up using them twice because I was confident in their service. I appreciate the driver that we used both times. He was very attentive in keeping us updated where he was at and the expected delivery time so that that we would be available for drop-off and pick-up. That was a bonus.

Ship A Car, Inc. response

Thank you Andrea. It was my pleasure working with you and your daughter. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can help you in the future. Bob

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

The definition of success is "Do what you say you are going to do when you say you're going to do it." Doug is the definition of success. His communication was timely, direct and very supportive of what we were trying to do. He followed up, and overall it was a pleasure doing business with him. He provides professional service and I would highly recommend to my friends.

Ship A Car, Inc. response
Thank You Very Much for Your Kind Words. I try to treat Clients with Respect & Professionalism.

I would gladly help any of your Friends & Family in the same fashion. Have them call me, Doug Hopper

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

These guys are class acts. Walked me through the whole process. They were very timely and informative. Will for sure use again. Douglas was a extreme help on walking me through and keeping me informed about what was happening with my order. I wouldn't even think twice about using again. It's a no brainer.

Ship A Car, Inc. response
Thank You for the AWESOME VOTE OF CONFIDENCE, Phillip!!!
I strive to treat my Clients Professionally & Courteously while keeping them informed.
Communication in this Business is Crucial.

I look forward to our next Project!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Jonathan - Thank you and SAC for such professionalism in all of my interaction including the initial contacts and booking, communications, and the pickup in NY and the arrival in California. The entire process was flawless and stress free. I did my research ahead of time and it was clear I could have booked with several other companies at a cheaper rate but the in the end it was so worth it to go with SAC. THANK YOU! Sue **.

Sue,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure speaking with you as always, and I am happy that we were able to meet the high expectations you had for us and make your transport stress free. Definitely reach out again, if you need any help in the future.

Take care,

Jonathan

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

My sister passed away and among all the things that I had to deal with, Ship A Car was the simplest and the thing that worked out the best. The dispatcher, Kristina, was absolutely fantastic. In my state of grief, I wasn't operating very well and she did everything she said she would do. We had to do the majority of the setup over the phone because the internet service up in Northern California was horrible and she was beyond helpful. She went way beyond her job. Also, the carrier they provided was the friendliest and he was on time. My experience with them was so easy that it almost made me feel uncomfortable that it couldn't be that simple because everything else was so hard. I will highly recommend them to anybody that has to ship a car.

Ship A Car, Inc. response

Thank you Wayne for your kind words. I remember you very well and all the things going on in your life at that time. I am so happy I was able to take some pressure off and find that carrier to move your CamperVan cross country. It was such a pleasure to help someone as kind as you are. If I can help you in the future or if you know anyone else needing something shipped, please call me. Regards, Kristina with Ship A Car Inc.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I’ve used Ship A Car's services earlier and I went back to them because I liked the service. It was a very smooth process and since I already knew what I was getting into, it was really easy. The driver was pretty good. He spoke only Spanish and there was a middle person that I was communicating with. She was relaying information back and forth and she was good. Then, the car got there a couple of days before they had promised.

Vidya

Thank you for your positive comments. It was great working with you! It’s always easier for all parties involved when the process and expectations are understood. I look forward to helping you or any of your friends at any time in the future.

Steve H

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

We purchased a golf cart in Florida and we needed it shipped. But there were not a lot of shippers that would handle a golf cart because it was not a big ticket item. Ship A Car had the right price and we booked with them. But they couldn't find anybody to pick it up. In the end, they said they found somebody, but it was going to cost a little bit more. At that point, I needed to get the golf cart here, otherwise, I would have had to go to Florida, pick it up, and come home. So it cost $200 more than I originally agreed to. But the carrier got it here and it was in perfect condition. Ship A Car was not only efficient, they were honest and it was a pleasure to deal with them.

Ship A Car, Inc. response
Thank You Sharon, I enjoyed working with you!
Sometimes when a Client’s vehicle is outside of a Major Metropolitan Area, Drivers will ask for more compensation due to time or distance off an Interstate or Major Highway. That was the case in your Project. Yes, the price was a little higher than my estimate, but we make sure ALL Drivers supply us with their Proper Insurance Certificate prior to Dispatching the Driver, to make sure our Clients Vehicle is properly covered.
I’m at your service should you need my help again.

Doug Hopper

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

Ship A Car called me and then we set up a delivery date up to my address. Then, they told me that the car was en route. The driver didn't get in contact with me until delivery. The quote was the final price. They never charged me more than what we started with.

Hi Rodney

I’m glad everything went well Please call me when you have another transport

Steve

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I booked the transport of my car from GA to Pa. Steven ** was very responsive and professional throughout the process. Since it was the first time using a transport company, I was a little nervous. He was always ready to answer my questions by email and text. The driver, Eze, who moved my car, was careful and considerate. He got my car to its destination in record time. I would recommend Ship A Car to anyone who needs to have a car moved to a new location.

Ship A Car, Inc. response

It was a pleasure working with you Maureen. I certainly appreciated your quick response to my calls, emails and texts. I’m happy you were satisfied with the carrier we provided, as our goal is to provide the best possible service available.

Good luck to you and your daughter

Thanks, Steven H

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

The broker was excellent, informative and excellent. The driver was good. Everything worked out. I would definitely recommend Ship A Car and has.

Ship A Car, Inc. response

Hi Michelle, Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure working with you. Please feel free to contact me if i can help bring your vehicle back down to Florida. Bob

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

They were quick in responding when I requested a quote. The pick-up was a little late. They had trouble with a truck. But other than that, it was fine.

Ship A Car, Inc. response

It was great working with you Scott. I apologize for the pick-up delay. Truck and trailer problems can cause delays on occasion. I’m happy to hear the vehicle was delivered with no issues. Thank You, Steven H

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

The rep laid out the process for me and he was pretty good. The driver was very nice and he got here very prompt. He communicated very well. He made sure that everything was done. They did a good job. It was wonderful.

Ship A Car, Inc. response

Thanks for your review Stacia. It was my pleasure working for both you and your daughter in getting both vehicles to their final destinations. My best to you both! Thanks, Steven H

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

The pickup was in Atlanta, Georgia and it was less than 24 hours between when I was notified that there was a shipper truck coming. It came a little bit sooner than I expected, which was good.

Hi Michael

I’m glad everything went well If you need anything moved in the future please call me

Steve

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

I’ve never shipped a car until recently. I’ve used Doug to book both transports for cross country trips. He was extremely professional and very responsive. The booking process was seamless. My only complaint has to do with my most recent drop off. The driver would not deliver near my home. I had to Uber 20 minutes to a less than desirable area of town. I know it was because it was convenient for him. I was uncomfortable showing up alone with a lot Of cash on hand. He drove literally across the country but would not go another 10 miles?? Other than that I was very happy.

Ship A Car, Inc. response
Ms. Nemirow booked 2 Cross Country Trips through Ship A Car, Inc & was the “Perfect Customer”.
She had never undertook a project such as this & was very receptive to the Overview we provided. We apologize for the Carrier’s inability to fulfill her Door-to Door delivery expectation and have addressed that with the Carrier.

My mission is to explain the Processes, keep the Customer informed through the whole process & follow up at the “End of the Journey” to make sure the Vehicle arrives as expected by the Client. Ms. Nemirow is a Wonderful example of how well the Mission works!

Thank You Melissa!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

The first day that I dealt with the rep he was very nice and I hadn't even bought the vehicle yet. So, I said that I was gonna call Ship A Car back. And I did and told them that I bought the vehicle. The seller said it has to be Tuesday the 19th because he was flying back from another state to California to get the truck out of the garage so they can ship it. The rep from Ship A Car said that it shouldn't be a problem. I said okay and when it was two weeks out, I still hadn't heard anything. I was told not to worry and that sometimes, they would talk to me as it gets closer. So, we waited and waited.

A week before, I started to get nervous. It was coming up on Friday and Ship a Car was supposed to pick the truck up next Tuesday. So, I called that Friday but I did not hear back from the rep. I guess the rep was off that day but I didn't know that. So, I started getting mad and I said I wanted to know what was going on, if I would have to get somebody else. The rep called me back on Saturday and he said they still didn't have somebody but they should be calling by Monday. I said that considering it's supposed to be shipped on Tuesday, I hoped they would call back. It was crazy they hadn't got anybody yet.

The rep called me back on Monday and said they found somebody but then the driver didn't think he would be able to pick it up on Tuesday the 19th, but he would be able to pick it up Wednesday. I told him the owner of the vehicle would be flying back Wednesday morning at 8:00 in the morning. He said he would find out and get back. I told him to see if the driver could meet the owner that night and we would figure it out. And then, I told the shipping guys that it irritated me because I asked them almost a month ago about this and they said it shouldn't be a problem. He said it shouldn't and he would make some calls and get back to me.

The rep called me back and said that he found another shipper that would pick it up on the date that I wanted. I said that was great. Then he said that the only thing was they wanted $350 more. I was already paying 2,700. I felt like I was strong-armed. There was nothing I could do. I wanted the truck so, I said that we should at least split it. But he wouldn't split it. He said they would pay 150 and I would pay 200. There was nothing I could change on that and we were all set. Then, he called me back with some good news. He got a guy that said he would pick it up the next day and it would be $100 less. I felt bad but I still paid my end of it because I had already paid the extra 200.

The guy who actually delivered it picked it up on that Tuesday and headed to my house by Sunday, which, from California to Massachusetts, was over 3,000 miles. It was great and he was very nice. So, shipping-wise, the company shipped it and the people delivered it. They were very good. I even tipped them 100 bucks and the driver was thrilled. It worked out in the long run but it could have been done a little bit better. The guy followed up two weeks later if I got the truck and that if I need any more shipping things, to give them a call. I said okay and didn’t say anything else. It started out great in the beginning and it ended well but with a lot of stress in-between.

Ship A Car, Inc. response
I appreciated the opportunity to assist this customer with his difficult transport. He was certainly frustrated with the timing but that comes naturally when the shipping process is not fully understood.
The vehicle being transported was an operable antique 1937 Ford ½ ton pick-up truck. It was being transported a little over 3,000 miles from Glendale CA to Falmouth MA. The pick-up window given was from 11:00 am until end of day on July 19th, no exceptions. Additionally, I was advised that the customer wanted to include a set of five tires & wheels plus a California vehicle cover. This was a very heavy load, going a maximum number of miles in an enclosed carrier. I did my best to give the customer an accurate quote/estimate but ultimately, it came down to a carrier deciding how much he needed to charge for a load of this magnitude.
This particular load was not something most carriers would want to take on and it took several days of shopping it to shippers before we finally found a couple that were willing to consider signing on. Of course, these carriers didn’t call until a day or two prior to pick up because this is normal for vehicle transportation. The first carrier that called wanted the load at a reasonable price but he couldn’t accommodate the tight pick-up window. The second carrier wanted the load as well and could meet the timing requirements. However, this carrier wasn’t providing us with his current certificate of insurance in a timely manner. Then we received an offer from a third carrier who had a current certificate of insurance on file with us and could meet the timing requirements, at $100 less. We locked it down and got it done. The truck was picked up on time and delivered in 5 days.

The key here is we were able to provide our customer with a successful transport that met his requirements. It wasn’t easy, but we got the job done. As far as cost was concerned, the customer had to pay what it was worth for the carrier to take on the job. And for the record, we contributed $150 toward the cost to help make up for the frustration the customer was experiencing. Thank You, Steven H

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

The pickup and delivery were nice, easy, and straightforward. The truck driver showed up in the morning and got it loaded on. Easy enough, the vehicle was delivered by the end of the next business day as expected. The cost was higher than I had hoped for but I understand that's probably true of what it really costs to ship the vehicle. Also, it was the best price of any other companies that contacted me back. If anyone was looking for transporting a vehicle, I'd pass along Ship A Car's number.

Ship A Car, Inc. response

We are so grateful for your kind words. Thank you for sharing your review with us and the community. Please give me a call if you need our services in the future. Thanks, Paul M

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

We were very pleased with Ship A Car. The transport was fast though it took a while for them to find a transport from the state of Maine. The man that we originally had contact with was wonderful. He said that he had a person that came to Maine quite often and he would get in touch with them and he would be able to get the car right out. But as it turned out, that man had gone out of business. I called him back after several days and he said he couldn’t get through to him. He was not answering. Then, he called me back and said he found someone else. Within two days, the man was here. He was a nice young man and he already had one car on the transport. When he said he would be here, he was here. He picked up the car and we chatted for a few minutes.

I was apprehensive because that was a Mercedes and I was concerned about never having done this before. So, we took lots of pictures of him and the vehicle. We said that we wanted it down in Tennessee as soon as possible. It was 2 o'clock in the afternoon when he was here. He said he would have to pick up another vehicle. But he was down in Tennessee within four hours. So, we couldn't have asked for anything better.

Ship A Car, Inc. response

Thank you for the kind review. We do our best to make shipping a car hassle free, fairly priced and efficient. Paul M

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

Ship A Car said it was $1,100 to ship and there were three other groups that said 1,250. The reviews on Ship A Car were just as good as the other three so I went with them. In both instances, I had to increase my bid to $150 to get to 1,250 to move my car. So, it was not as if 1,100 was the real price. I ended up having to increase my bid to the rest of them. Ship A Car lowballed it to get my business and then increased it with the market to actually ship my car because it wasn't getting shipped. The pricing never locked. Everything but the issue with the price was good. Paul, the rep, was very helpful and walked me through the process. He was responsive. The drivers were good and the condition of my car was fine. They delivered it on time except for the second car. It got there later than anticipated because I had to increase the bid.

Ship A Car, Inc. response

Yes, I try to get the best price possible for my customers. I never low ball customers. I base price on current listings. Sometimes other cars get listed at a higher price so I have to adjust the original price to get the vehicle moved. In this case I also reduced our broker fee down to the bare minimum to assist the customer. I am glad vehicle arrived on time. We strive to give accurate quotes. It was a pleasure working with you and Thank You for your input. Paul M

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

Christina helped me. I love her job. She is very good. She takes care of customers, she called me back, and it was the right time and day I needed. And the driver was very good, too. He picked up the car and he was on time. So, I like the service. Christina called me right away five minutes after the driver dropped off my car, after she got the email from the driver. She said, "Kim, did you get your car back?" I said everything was good. I told Christina I will call back middle of December and ship back my car back to Garland, Texas, and I would like the same driver. So, Christina already knows. I'm very happy when I tried a company from Ship A Car, Inc. and the driver took care of my car very good. I'm very happy. I will recommend my friend.

Ship A Car, Inc. response

Thank you Kim for the wonderful review!! I was so happy that all went as planned. I’m looking forward to shipping your car again in December. We do LOVE referrals! Have them call me directly. Thank you again, and have a great week! – Kristina V. Ship A Car Inc.

Ship A Car, Inc. Company Information