2. Automotive

Sacramento, CA

Paul Blanco's Fresh Start Credit Program
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.64/5

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Paul Blanco's Fresh Start Credit Program Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paul Blanco's Fresh Start Credit Program?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paul Blanco Good Car Company?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

False advertisement. I was discriminated about my social security monthly income. I put an online application for Chevy truck and approved online through the online application. So Paul Blanco of Fresno CA Kept calling me saying that a shipment of Chevy trucks arrived. Also emailed me pictures of used Chevy pickups that I can afford. So I made an appointment on Friday November 24 2017 for 2:00 pm. I took my proof of income my social security statements. Right away the salesman, "I can't help you." Not enough income even with my wife SSI income. So he said, "Why not bring your dad's info here right now," because my dad was with me. So I said, "I'm here for me. I wanted the truck for me not my dad. The appointment was for me not my dad. And I wasn't going to ask him for his SSI income info." It wasn't in the salesman place to be asking for my dad to help me.

When I said that to him. The salesman said, "I can't help you only if you want to pay 700.00 a month payment." I think I was discriminated. Also said that there was only 7 Chevy pickups in stock and I can't afford it. So I said, "Why did your company said that a shipment of Chevy pickups arrived during the week. And I was approved online." So he said, "I can get you Into a car right now instead of a truck with your income that you receive or a old Nissan truck." So I said again I am looking for Chevy pickups. He gave that annoying look and shook his head.

He wanted to sell me a vehicle that he wanted to put on me. So I said I'm not going to be pressured into a car. So he said, "I can't help you. I will be wasting your time and my time." Sorry for wasting your time. A lot of false hopes, false advertising and commercial advertisement. This was my second time there. My appointment was at 2pm. I was out of there by 2:15pm. I was discriminated and disappointed again. The First time was the same results. That was 5 years ago.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Purchased a 2015 Chevrolet Impala about 6 months ago, which still under warranty. Which I didn't know. Check engine light came on and panel flashed. Check gas cap. Took it into an actual Chevrolet Dealer. Was put on diagnostic machine. Registered fine but needed to buy new gas cap. Bought what I needed and check engine light still on. Took it back to Paul Blanco's in Fresno to get it serviced. They put it on diagnostic machine. The guy said it showed nothing but reset the light. Told me to come back if light turned back on.

Well 4 days later the same. Took it back. They supposedly put a new emission solenoid. Lasted 3 days and AGAIN!!! Check Engine light back on. I feel they sell cars that have actual problems with them and just fix them enough to be able to get off the lot. Should of known when I went to buy a car and the salesman last name ** didn't even give me an option on what kind of car I was interested in. Very unhappy with my purchase.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Jonathan ** was amazing. Friendly, knowledgeable, and fun. The whole team was great and I drove away with a great vehicle that suited my needs and exceeded my wants for an excellent price and great financing deal. Best car buying experience I have ever had.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Well I went into this dealer thinking they would help me. I don’t have good credit neither does my wife. So we went to the car lot. Was not approached by anyone. When I was viewing the cars I actually had to approach a salesman myself and ask for help. And I told him “it’s kinda odd that you don’t approach potential customers.” He stated there’s no need to approach, the business will come in regardless. So we did do some paperwork. They ran my credit and somehow I was approved. They stated the car company would put 1000 down for me so I can take the car so of course they brought out a car of their choice which was a Nissan Versa (ugly thing) and said we can have this so when we get ready to test drive the salesman was like “let’s just go around the block because it has no gas.”

That should have been a red flag for me. So I leave with the car. It’s running fine and about 30 days after purchasing this car I get a letter from the bank that was supposed to finance me stating I’ve been denied. So Paul ** never calls me so I go on into the dealership to see what’s going on. And the finance manager I don’t remember his name comes out and states that the bank denied the loan because of issues with my income and that they would need the car back. So I tell them that’s fine, I would need my money back as well so the finance manager tells me it’ll take a couple weeks. So long story short I tell him I can’t wait a few weeks for my money and this ** had the courage to tell me that it isn’t his fault that we lied on our application. Just that statement there made me go off. All the information I provided to them was accurate. I’m sure his salesmen may have tweaked some information to make a sale.

I definitely do not recommend coming here. These people take advantage of people who need help. I went to Haddad Kia the same day all this happened and got approved for a new car from them so in a way this ordeal with Paul ** was a blessing in disguise. Please people I urge you to really pay attention to these reviews. These people are crooks.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

First of all I bought a used pickup from Paul Blanco and it was the best experience and no pressure purchase of a vehicle I have ever had in my life. Everything went to hell when I had a problem with the 4-wheel drive. The warranty company did not want to pay for the four-wheel-drive actuation hub. I went and talk to the sales managers, they contacted the warranty company and warranty company paid with pressure from the sales manager. Made out of warranty thing I finally received in the vehicle. The problem still existed. Same problem as before so I gave my truck back to Paul Blanco service department again. They told me they could not fix it. I had to go to a Ford dealership and the ones in Reno and Carson City were booked up for at least two weeks. I had to be in Fort Worth, Texas so I went and drove the truck down to Texas and put it in a dealership down Texas.

Meanwhile the service department Rito hired a new service manager. He didn't know much but I've vehicle and what I was promised by management and Paul Blanco Bob level management said they would go to bat for me to get the front end fixed on this truck and has a warranty pay for the fix. My truck was in the shop in Fort Worth, Texas for a week and a half. The service manager from Reno never ever even called the dealership in Texas and told me he had nothing to do with it. Therefore I was hit with a $1700.00 bill to fix my truck and no help from the Reno dealership. On top of having to pay for my truck that I had to come up with the money for. I was told when I picked up my pickup at the dealership in Texas that the wrong axle hub and parts were installed by the his department of Paul Blanco in Reno, Nevada.

I can't believe I had such a good buying experience. I was so happy of a vehicle to be screwed over by the service department and had the wrong parts put in my axle. I can lock up like a wreck and died in my vehicle to drive to Texas. I would not recommend. I purchased a vehicle from Paul Blanco and I'm very sorry I talk my friends into purchasing their vehicles and Paul Blanco. After this experience I hate Paul Blanco with a passion. I didn't have the money to pay for the parts. I'm still paying for it. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

What a waste of time, 90 minutes. I will never get back... Everything that was said on your Paul Blanco's commercial was either a half truth or a complete lie. Yes, I have bad credit but no repo and I make over 9000 a month in income (verified). Not only didn't Paul Blanco's locate or tried and find a decent leader but the one they found wanted 18%, and then they tried to add 6 points to the loan... At the same time. Then the sales person told me one thing regarding the loan and then the manager told me a completely different story regarding the loan. I found that Paul Blanco's radio ads just do not reflect the truth about how their company does business. Sept 3 2017.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I am uber driver. Bought 2015 Fiesta. Finance mgr convinced me to get extended warranty due to my job and all the driving. Started having car problems right away! Contacted warranty company was told due to type of work I do warranty is void!!! Blanco was aware of my job yet still sold me car. Contacted them, they didn't care. Contacted finance comp. credit acceptance. They didn't care either. Made one payment now can't drive car. Blanco is a deceiving and none caring company.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I must agree with a lot of people on the list.! Paul Blanco's company is no place to go if you want to be treated with respect. Yes I have bad credit. But a dealership this large only has one (1) vehicle on the whole lot that I qualify for!?! Give me a break. We went through the whole process of getting credit, only took 2.5 hours, then told we only qualify for this 2016 Nissan Sentra. Wanted us to do paperwork before we even see the car!

We told the salesperson we had $2500.00 to put down. Wanted a payment of less than $400 per month. Counter offer was $2500.00 plus $500.00 in twenty days and $469 per month. The explanation, the only bank that would finance us wanted to add another $2500.00 to the price of the car bringing the total to over $16000. There was also damage to the right rear quarter panel that a smart aleck manager said they "don't charge extra for", very funny, with 66 payments and the down, $33,000 plus was ridiculous for a used Sentra, sorry!!

The real kicker, when we wanted to at least see the car...!! There was no keys!!! What kind of dealership goes through all the trouble to force a car on you and not have the keys! I would not recommend this dealership unless you have excellent credit and are looking for a new Kia or Mitsubishi. I went to a Honda dealership and they got me into a 2017 Civic with only 3 miles on it!!! (Credit didn't change any in the week it took to find a different dealership!! Lol ???)

Original review: June 29, 2017

I bought an SUV from this dealership at a very high percentage rate. I was told I could refinance it after 6 mos. I waited over 6 mos and tried refinancing my car through several big and small banks and no one would do it. I was told that I bought my car for 10,000 dollars more than what it was worth. I loved the car, but I couldn't keep up with the high payments and high interest. Since my interest was so high the payments were hardly going down. I called Paul Blanco's and of course they said there was nothing they could do. I've seen so many bad reviews on this dealership. I wish I would of done more research sooner. I also started having problems with my car turning off, on. It's on 2 days after buying. I had to argue with them to get them to fix it. And I had to take it in 3 separate times because the same problem wasn't fixed. Best advice is to look up reviews before buying.

Original review: June 1, 2017

I purchase a 200 Chrysler 2013 in Feb of 2015, a used vehicle. In Nov of 2016 I was driving on the freeway when my car started smoking. I glanced at my gauges which didn't indicate anything wrong with the vehicle (temp, engine, etc.) I made it safely to the side of the freeway as my car was losing power. I looked under the hood to see oil throughout my engine. I towed my car to the nearest dealership. I notify the warranty department because my car was still under warranty. The piston rod busted and the clip came off which resulted in replacing the engine. This was the mechanic's findings. After performing a Diagnostic test in which everything passed, the warranty Dept blamed me for the misfortune because I changed my oil.

I gave them receipts to prove that I did maintain my vehicle. Because of the unacceptable decision by the warranty Dept I decided to stop payment on the vehicle. After doing research on my vehicle I found out that my vehicle had two recalls prior my purchase and another the same day of the incident. In recently I called the finance company to find out that Paul Blanco paid off my vehicle, 10000 but warranty stipulates that I should receive another car or the amount of money I paid. Well I didn't receive anything. Well I went to the car dealership talked to the manager and admitted that Paul Blanco owes me money. I will keep you inform if I received anything.

Paul Blanco's Fresh Start Credit Program Company Information