LeaseTrader

• 10%
  • 1%
  • 1%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LeaseTrader?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LeaseTrader?
    Sales & Marketing

Reviewed Dec. 4, 2019

What a crooked outfit! Hidden charges and complicated website to ensure that simple customers get the shaft. I advertised my car with them then added my wife's car but got no results, then I discover that they automatically renewed my ad and charged me also as buyer! Why would I want to buy a lease when I'm trying to get rid of my cars? When I called to dispute the renewal charges and ask refund I was informed by Michael that this is the system and they can cancel my ads but not refund me the renewal charges that I never wanted or authorized. Shameless! I am disputing these charges with my credit card company and sharing this experience with as many people as I can reach. I am a consumer and I know my rights and a fraudulent company like Leasetrader can't cheat me.

Sales & MarketingOnline & App

Reviewed Nov. 19, 2019

If you're willing to throw your money away this is the right place for you. This website is a scam, I don't really know how is possible that they're still live online. Just took my money and after 3 months never found a client for my car. Please, Please, Please.... read the fine prints before pay anything. This scam is very well orchestrated.

Reviewed Sept. 3, 2019

LeaseTrader charge $40 to run your credit then fail it on until you agree to pay lease transfer commission upfront! Once you agree they pass your credit and once you talk to owners deals don’t exist. Company uses bait and switch scam..charges commission upfront on deals that never existed and basically laughing and make fun of you when you request you money back and this is continues with all customers and nothing gets done to stop this scam.

Reviewed June 14, 2019

This place is essentially a dating website filled with chatbots. They just lure you in with cars that don’t exist. You’ll be throwing your money away if you sign up. I didn’t heed the warnings on this site, even though I read them. I figured why not try? Here I am. Complaining online.

Reviewed May 30, 2019

Shortly after I looked into having my lease from a 2018 Mustang taken over by another party I looked into LeaseTrader. Not long after I gave them my general information they e-mailed me stating that my car was in great demand and to subscribe immediately with said demand being so high. I had thought that was a true statement and I paid the fees to LeaseTrader. But, they was just trolling, they had no such demands and I was taken. They have a no money back policy, which should have set off a red flag. Bottom line, skip these parasites!

Reviewed May 6, 2019

I wish I had read this before I signed up. Not only do they not do background checks on the people that post the cars, they charge an ADDITIONAL $249 for a transfer. READ ALL OF THE FINE PRINT PRIOR TO WORKING WITH THESE PEOPLE.

Reviewed May 1, 2019

I created a membership with LeaseTrader because there was a specific vehicle I was interested in. The owner only put up minimal information because they were unsure if they actually wanted to list it and I guess they wanted someone to make them an offer they couldn’t refuse. I paid the $60 for six months in order to communicate with the seller. As soon as my application was approved, the listing was somehow no longer in there. I called to cancel and they said there is absolutely no refunds because they are charged to run a credit check. Clearly they are baiting people with extremely great deals in order to get them to sign up. I decided not to do any business with them because of this and now I am out $60.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed March 1, 2019

I recently applied to be a car buyer after having paid a membership fees of around $47 but was denied stating "lack of 'minimum credit requirement." I have a score of 773. I have ZERO debt. I have a fully paid off condo and a car. I have a corporate job that pays me well over 10 times my potential monthly car lease payment would be. I have never had any collections ever. I have a credit card history of 10 years with no late payment. My last year's credit card bills were around 50% of the total value of the car I intend to lease which I have paid off every month on time. I still get denied! To make matters worse I am told to have my wife be a co-applicant who has equally good score and track record - so I pay another $30 for her credit check and they 'fail' her too!! This looks like a scam where they make money off of such membership fees! AVOID!!

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2019

I got a new job at the start of the year and needed a car with more miles per month, so I posted my BMW to find someone to take over the lease and actually started looking for a car. There were 2 people interested 3 days later. I was willing to cover the transfer fee so this could happen quickly. We just transferred my lease this week and today I'm picking up the Honda I took over. It took 2.5 weeks. I hesitated at first to use them because I saw some reviews that made me nervous, but I didn't have any issues with LeaseTrader. It cost me $99 to post my car and $149 when the transfer started. And I would recommend calling them because they walked me through the process. This was my first time transferring a lease.

Reviewed Dec. 18, 2018

They have almost no real listings, so not worth paying to "contact sellers". Even if you see a car you like chances are you won't be able to lease it and there are very few options in any category. Wast of money.

Online & AppStaff

Reviewed Sept. 28, 2018

A nice idea, but - I paid for an inspection of the car... They did not notice two lights were broken, a tire needed replacing, and the bottom splash card was torn asunder, only to fall off entirely a week into my owning the car. What did I pay for? They never told me in order to register the vehicle I'd have to get a SECOND inspection because the first one wasn't in Maryland State. And to pass that I had to pay $100 to get window tinting removed as well as the inspection fees itself. I paid to be walked through the process. It's very hard to reach anyone.

The website does not always give you up to date information - credit checks were indicated as "pending" well after completion. The fact that the other person failed theirs was never explained as to if it would hold up the deal or not. Currently I'm in a feedback loop where Maryland's MVA won't register the car to me because Toyota Financial Services won't complete the paperwork the way they want it. I don't think I can force either one to budge. I'd think this would be the "walking me through the process" I paid for. The entire process took well over a month just to complete the background checks. I'm two months in now and still don't have the car in my name.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 22, 2018

I don't understand the reviews people make. Based on my experience the company was excellent. I am on my second transfer - I have nothing but a good review for the company - unlike other websites, LeaseTrader filters buyers by good credit and bad credit. This is very important. The first person taken over my lease was credit approved by BMW - Swapalease gave me 11 people with no credit - that was a waste of our time. LeaseTrader is worth the money. My advice if you don't have credit don't waste our time.

Customer ServicePriceOnline & App

Reviewed June 19, 2018

This website is a hoax. Please advertise through lease swapalease.com. All fees are non-refundable so please be careful and read all the terms before signing up. Customer service is very bad and they don't appreciate the customers. They never help in the process and the call is about how to charge more money.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 28, 2017

LeaseTrader won't issue refund based on false advertisement. Paid member fee based on advertised lease take over price and terms. Overnight this lease take over terms were changed rendering my membership useless. Called and spoke with a man who was unwilling to be professional and address a customer’s concerns. It was a bait and switch with lower pricing and changed once I paid member fee. Horrible customer service.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed Oct. 26, 2017

I just created an account on this website to put this out here: DO NOT SIGN UP ON LEASETRADER. It is an absolutely disgusting scam with outrageously uneducated and inexperienced customer support. They charge you money to buy a subscription but don't let you contact vehicle owners unless you go through a credit check for which they have hidden fees and will charge you 40 bucks. Their customer support literally needs lesson in behavioral management and customer service. Their support is absolutely nonsense and their customer support people have a serious attitude problem. My advise: Stay away.

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed Oct. 17, 2017

Please STAY AWAY from LeaseTrader! I'm not one to write reviews, in fact, this is the first review I've written because I felt it would be unfair not to warn people about this fraudulent company. So to start with, not only do they have terrible customer service but they literally steal money from you by charging fees every way they can. In my particular case, I was about to transfer my lease to a potential buyer (after being on the website for more than 11 months) to initiate the process the seller needs to fill out a document and pay a $150 fee which I was willing to do if the car got transferred. Last minute the buyer decided that he was not going to take the car but LeaseTrader charged me the $150 fee anyway and claimed that was to initiate the paperwork, even though no paperwork ever got filed since the buyer never went through with taking over my lease.

I contacted LeaseTrader to get a refund which is the obvious thing to do since my car never got transferred, they told me there was nothing they could do and kept the money. I should note that I had already paid LeaseTrader $250 to have the car listed on their website but I barely got any leads on my car and it's not because the car was old with lots of miles on it, it was actually a new Mercedes with very few miles on it, I never thought it would be so hard to get leads on it but apparently on LeaseTrader it is. All in all TERRIBLE SERVICE, I ended up asking the agent to take my car off of LeaseTrader, the agent didn't even care. There was no customer retention policy to try and keep me on as a customer and I guess it makes sense since they've already charged me all the fees they could manage for nothing in return. PLEASE save your money and time and list your car elsewhere. Carmax and Autobuy are great options!

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Oct. 6, 2017

PLEASE read this. Do not do business with this company. I read the negative reviews ahead of time, but I decided to go forward thinking all the complaints were from people who didn't read the fine print and then were angry afterwards. Let me tell you, I read the fine print and I still got hosed by this company. I am very meticulous about reading agreements and thought I knew what I was signing up for. Not the case!

I got charged a bunch of fees from the company, and they were for them doing absolutely nothing!! I paid the listing fee to advertise my lease. Fine, I agreed to that. However, I was matched with a buyer (after about 9 months of unqualified buyers asking for ridiculous incentives). I called Lexus and was told that I could go through them directly. LeaseTrader would basically only act as a middleman for paperwork and would just slow down the process. So the buyer and I decided we would do it ourselves and save the fees from LeaseTrader. We lived only 15 minutes apart so it made sense for us to meet in person and fill out paperwork and get the process done as quickly as possible.

Everything went well until I got a call from a LeaseTrader manager. He told me he was a "buyer" and asked if my car was still available. I told him no that I was transferring vehicle to someone. This is when the problems started. I was charged fees at this point, even though the buyer and I had completed the lease transfer ourselves! They make it seem like if you choose to use them to facilitate the process, then you get charged fees for their "help". THIS IS NOT TRUE!! They charge you the fees no matter what, and you have to do all the paperwork with the leasing company yourselves. What are they charging for??? I paid a listing fee, around $150, and the buyer paid a large fee for an account and credit checks already. I was told the fees were for LeaseTrader matching us up... We already paid those fees, for both a seller account and buyer account.

This manager lied over and over. He literally called me pretending to be a "buyer" interested in my vehicle. I called back the number from caller ID after hanging up and it was LeaseTraders number! I asked why he pretended to be a buyer. He told me that he didn't, he was just asking if the vehicle was still available. He NEVER said he was from LeaseTrader. He was basically trying to find out if I found a buyer, which I had. He then started the process from LeaseTrader and hence all the fees... We already were finished with the process but now LeaseTrader wanted money from both of us.

He threatened me and told me he could charge me $250 penalty for not reporting the car, and $100 fee for each buyer that contacted me about the vehicle. He told me he was doing me a "favor" by charging me less fees. This place lies!!! They are very sketchy. I told them I was an honest guy and had I known that they were going to charge me all these fees I would have cancelled the listing and just worked with my buyer 1 on 1 like we did. He said that I couldn't do that. I asked how he knew I was transferring and he told me he read my messages on LeaseTrader and saw that I told someone the vehicle was not available, so they read all your correspondence through the website.... very shady.

I was going to dispute the charges with my credit card company but here's the kicker. In big bold print on the invoices they email, there is a statement. "Disputed charges will be turned over to a collection agency and all attorney fees will be billed to the seller." Obviously they know this happens all the time if they print this. So if I dispute it with my credit card company, even after I blocked any further charges from them with my credit card company, they will send you a bill later for who knows how much for their fees in the dispute. I could only imagine how much that would be for their attorney fees. So I decided to just eat the charges and pay them.

So basically they charged my fees for services they didn't perform. As other people have stated on here, it seems like they will do all the paperwork and help with the lease transfer. Nothing could be further from the truth. Basically they collect fees because they found you a buyer. Fine, that was the listing fee I paid. Why are they charging me other fees for absolutely nothing?!?!

Again, this is the most shady company I have dealt with. Having a manager call me and pretend to be a buyer just shows how they operate. I told him that was illegal and I was going to file a complaint with the police for him misrepresenting himself. He told me, "I choose my words very carefully when I talked to you. I never said I was interested in taking over your lease. I was just asking if it was still available." Really? That's how a business operates? I told him he should have stated he was calling from LeaseTrader and explain to me that if the vehicle wasn't available, I needed to take down the listing. Fine, no problem. He never said anything like that. After we talked, fees started coming in.

I can't tell you how much I would like to warn you to stay away from this company!!! They were rude to me, actually laughed at me, when I told them how disappointed I was in their actions. They really need to be more upfront about the fees. I am always very careful to know what I am signing up for. I read everything they sent me. They never made it clear that there would be fees coming down the road even if you decided to do the transfer on your own. Basically they make it seem like they will do everything for you once a buyer is found. If that was the case, fine. I'm all for paying a company for work they perform, I have no problem with that. But to pay a bunch of fees for nothing is ridiculous.

They know what they are doing. they are very good at hiding their policies and then taking advantage of people. If you read other reviews, everyone says the same thing. They make it seem like they make everything easy for a lease transfer, but it's the opposite. All they do is connect a buyer to a seller, and that is paid for with the listing fee and buyer account fee. All the other fees is just taking advantage of the customer, and they know it.

Once you make a listing with this company, they have you!!! Even if you decide not to lease your vehicle later be prepared for more fees. It's not as simple as they make it seem. Make sure you know what you are getting into if you decide to use this company. Ask questions and make sure you understand how the process/fees work. If you understand what you are getting into, I doubt most people will use this company. Do your research ahead of time, it will save you hours and hours of time, and a lot of money!!!

Reviewed June 7, 2017

I paid for a 3 month membership thinking my 700 credit score would be sufficient to be approved. Failed. After trying again with updated information they wanted to charge me 30 dollars again just to re-run a soft pull on my credit. This site has scam written all over it. Save your money!

Customer ServicePriceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed May 9, 2017

From reading the services listed on their website I was under the impression that they were a mediator that would help facilitate the transfer process but they are not. If you want to list a car and potentially find a buyer you can use them. If you're unsure of how the lease trading process works, they are very unhelpful and expensive. $200 to list your vehicle, $20 a month for the search engine submission. If they find a buyer it's another $250 commission fee, $120 if you'd like the "concierge service", and $150 for a vehicle inspection. These are just seller fees. The buyer is subjected to their own fees.

The "concierge service" is pointless. For the $120 fee somebody is supposed be assigned to your account to help facilitate the process. This is not the case and the customer service is horrendous. Nobody answers the phone. It goes straight to voicemail. When I eventually talked to someone they were very rude and unhelpful. You will have to do everything between the finance company and the buyer. Do not expect anything from them even with the extra $120 for the "concierge service."

Reviewed Dec. 19, 2016

First I paid $35 for a two month subscription (there's no guidance as to what package to buy on the site and I only wanted one car that I had seen on there). So I did that (I failed the first credit check and had to pay $30 more for a second one) - who charges for a credit check??? WARNING: Watch for the auto renew setting which defaults to YES without notifying you. Once I had that I found out the car I wanted was no longer available and hadn't been for some time. There are very few cars that I wanted on there and the two I saw that were vaguely close to what I wanted have both failed to respond to any communication through the 'Buyer portal'. So I completely wasted a month and $65 - and don't bother calling them - they're abrupt and unhelpful.

Reviewed Oct. 21, 2016

I joined for a month account paying around 39 dollars (don't remember the exact amount). I shortlisted a car (some like 8 months, and 250 dollars a month), they wanted to do credit check (I really don't understand why they need a credit check for 2000 dollars, it is very weird!), and said that I failed the credit check - but said that they can't give any details!

I know my credit score, and have access to my credit report. My score is above 700, no bad entries and stuff like that. I emailed them to tell me their method to fail me, there was no good response, except that I can ask for another credit check or take a guarantor! I sent them another email saying that I am not interested in their account any more, asked them to remove my credit card details from their website, and close my account, there was no response! Of course, they never pick the telephone, I called at least 3 three times during day time, they say every time that their office is closed! I just feel cheated by this website, who at the end of the day has not just taken away 39 dollars, but did a pull on my credit without any good reason, and more than anything else wasted a lot of my time for no good service. I wonder what are the checks and balances in the system to allow such companies to operate.

Reviewed Sept. 26, 2016

I am shocked with the way they handle a car transfer. From not answering the phone to transferring you to the 3 man operation. All 3 were rude and disrespectful. The reviews on this company are 100% true. Don't waste your time and money. They talk back, talk over you, and try to belittle you. No one should go through that if you are a paying customer.

Reviewed Sept. 8, 2016

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE. They show you attractive deals and then when you want to contact the seller, they want your credit card info. I played along and lo and behold, that car lease I wanted to take over had just been purchased by someone else. Scam, scam, scam. The car, according to the LeaseTrader site, had been on there for 4 months and just by wild coincidence the car sold within the 1 hour it took for them to approve my credit. If it smells like a duck and looks like a duck, it's a duck. They're just figuring out how to charge you a membership fee for nothing.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Aug. 25, 2015

On June 27, 2015, LeaseTrader charged me $19.95 for service I did not order, and threatened me with legal/collection action if I contested the charges. Because of this, I canceled the ad I had placed with LeaseTrader that was to last until my vehicle was successfully leased. I never received any material services from LeaseTrader, and I canceled my service with them and removed my ad on June 27, 2015.

On May 3, 2015, I registered on LeaseTrader.com to explore the possibility of selling my leased vehicle. On May 4, 2015 at 10:14 a.m., I received a telephone call from LeaseTrader. Their representative tried to sell me on placing an ad with them, and claimed that they would have no problem finding me a buyer for my vehicle. On May 4, 2015 at 10:16 a.m., I received an email from LeaseTrader asking me to call them back as soon as possible. On May 4, 2015 at 5:39 p.m., I received an email from LeaseTrader stating that they had a candidate interested in my vehicle, and asking me to call them back as soon as possible.

On May 27, 2015, I placed an ad with LeaseTrader and paid them $99.95 to list my vehicle until it sold. LeaseTrader responded with an email confirming my order, stating that this fee was non-refundable and threatening to take collection action, and charge me attorney fees if I contested the charge. On May 28, 2015, I received an email from LeaseTrader stating they had submitted my vehicle ad to search engines. This email also stated that I would be charged $19.95 for the next search engine submission unless I canceled this service before then. On May 28, 2015, I tried calling LeaseTrader to cancel the automatic monthly search engine submission service that I had not ordered, but my call was not answered. I then went online and canceled the search engine submission service by unselecting the check box provided.

During the next month I received zero inquiries about my lease car from any potential buyer. There was no indication that LeaseTrader ever even listed my vehicle, and they certainly did not make any effort to fulfill their promise to find me a buyer. On June 27, 2015 at 12:15 a.m., I received an email from LeaseTrader stating that they charged me $19.95 for search engine submission service. This same email stated this fee was non-refundable and threatened to take collection action, and charge me attorney fees if I contested the charge. On June 27, 2015 at 2:33 a.m., I tried responding to LeaseTrader by email and asking them to refund the unauthorized $19.95 charge for their search engine submission service. This email was returned as undeliverable.

On June 27, 2015, I attempted contact LeaseTrader by phone several times but could not get a person to answer. I then canceled my ad with them by removing it online, and contacted my bank to contest the unauthorized $19.95 charge for search engine submission, and the $99.95 ad fee. Despite LeaseTrader's promises to easily find a buyer for my vehicle, there was never any indication that they provided any service after I placed the order. LeaseTrader made it impossible for me to continue to advertise my vehicle with them by making unauthorized charges to my credit card and threatening me. I never received any material services from LeaseTrader, and I canceled my service with them and removed my ad on June 27, 2015.

I am currently seeking a refund for the fee of $99.95 that they charged me on May 27, 2015. LeaseTrader focuses all of their resources on aggressive billing and customer intimidation. Their rating with the BBB is not indicative of any customer experience with them; it only shows that they have a staff of lawyers assigned to respond to complaints. They do not really provide an effective advertising solution, and consumers should avoid them.

Reviewed March 18, 2015

I signed up to get out of my lease. I was charged for an additional service (as a Buyer) that I did not purchase. I contacted the company to have the charge removed and was told that approval would need to be obtained to remove the charge. Interestingly, I was only disputing approximately 15% of the total amount charged. As I did not feel that the company was going to remove the charge for Buyer services, I contacted my credit card company to dispute the portion of the charge for Buyer services. My credit card company informed me that the matter had been resolved.

As I am monitoring hits to my account, I actively sign in to check the activity. I tried for two days to log in to my account and was unsuccessful as I received a message that my account did not exist. I contacted the company and was informed that my account had been removed because the company would be charged for me disputing the charge. When I questioned this improper business practice, I was immediately informed that my account was active again. I was asked to sign a letter stating that I am not disputing the unauthorized charge and received an email with a letter for me to sign. Honestly, I'm not sure if I'm receiving the service I purchased! Buyer Beware!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I was told by Lease Trader that it was very simple to trade your car over. That the car companies would do a transfer with no problems. What they didn't tell me and I had to find out by researching was the below. ** As you can see the seller is still held liable for the car even after it is traded. This is a big risk to the seller. I am glad that I came to this site and researched Lease Trader before I signed up with them or any other lease trading company. I hope that other people are smart enough to do research first before conducting business with any company. Good Luck to all.

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2014

The purpose of this post is express my distaste for the services provided by LeaseTrader.com. LeaseTrader.com is nothing more than VERY expensive gimmick. The lure in to the notion that they "handle" the lease assumption process when all they do is charge outrageous fees for nothing. Now one would expect that with such fees would come some perks... this could not be further from the truth. The only thing that LeaseTrader.com does is makes an easier process overly complicated while collecting huge fees. I also forgotten to mention that they require you to be pre-approved with them which means they collect all of your personal information and do a credit check. This downright comical because they do not do the actual approval rather the institution that is holding the lease does the approval. All they are doing is collecting your information and selling it for advertising and informational purposes. Don't waste your time and money on such a pathetic, useless and unnecessary service.

Reviewed Oct. 8, 2013

ABSOLUTE RIP OFF. First you are made to pay a fee to join as a buyer, even if you have already paid once to join as a seller. Only after paying this fee that AUTO RENEWS every month by default, I was still unable to directly contact seller by calling the number or by emails, but only through writing which they filter and most messages will not deliver. Also can't ask for any more info like Carfax that can only be sent by seller via emails. Anyways, you gotta pay twice... exorbitant $35 for initial signup as buyer, and then again some more $$$ for credit check. Why in the world is my credit needed to contact seller after I have already paid $35?

Reviewed Aug. 31, 2013

LeaseTrader is absolutely rip off. Even after paying the fee to join, I was still unable to directly contact seller by calling the number, only through writing which they filter and most messages will not deliver. You must submit to them all your personal information including your social security number to be approved to call the seller. Also besides the fee, they have an outrageous commission you have to pay if you will get the vehicle. Extremely disappointed. And they do not tell you about all these steps and fees before you sign up and pay first membership fee. Absolutely outrageous. Do not waste your time and money with them. There are plenty of sites to post, I will not be saying which ones as to not promote other site.

Reviewed Oct. 29, 2012

I signed up as a member. They requested my credit information which I refused to supply and am glad I did not do so. I never got any responses to my questions from the two cars I was interested in . I was told I would have received responses if I provided my credit information. As a result, I got no value for my membership. Then I was advised by email that my membership was automatically extended month to month at $20/month and that if I refused, I would be subject to debt collection and reporting to the credit agencies. Stay away from these guys. I can only imagine what would have happened if I leased a car!

LeaseTrader Company Information