Find a Car Dealerships partner

3. Car Dealerships

3.9/5 (31 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About LeaseTrader

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

LeaseTrader Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LeaseTrader?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LeaseTrader?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

If you're willing to throw your money away this is the right place for you. This website is a scam, I don't really know how is possible that they're still live online. Just took my money and after 3 months never found a client for my car. Please, Please, Please.... read the fine prints before pay anything. This scam is very well orchestrated.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

LeaseTrader charge $40 to run your credit then fail it on until you agree to pay lease transfer commission upfront! Once you agree they pass your credit and once you talk to owners deals don’t exist. Company uses bait and switch scam..charges commission upfront on deals that never existed and basically laughing and make fun of you when you request you money back and this is continues with all customers and nothing gets done to stop this scam.

Original review: June 14, 2019

This place is essentially a dating website filled with chatbots. They just lure you in with cars that don’t exist. You’ll be throwing your money away if you sign up. I didn’t heed the warnings on this site, even though I read them. I figured why not try? Here I am. Complaining online.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Shortly after I looked into having my lease from a 2018 Mustang taken over by another party I looked into LeaseTrader. Not long after I gave them my general information they e-mailed me stating that my car was in great demand and to subscribe immediately with said demand being so high. I had thought that was a true statement and I paid the fees to LeaseTrader. But, they was just trolling, they had no such demands and I was taken. They have a no money back policy, which should have set off a red flag. Bottom line, skip these parasites!

Original review: May 6, 2019

I wish I had read this before I signed up. Not only do they not do background checks on the people that post the cars, they charge an ADDITIONAL $249 for a transfer. READ ALL OF THE FINE PRINT PRIOR TO WORKING WITH THESE PEOPLE.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I created a membership with LeaseTrader because there was a specific vehicle I was interested in. The owner only put up minimal information because they were unsure if they actually wanted to list it and I guess they wanted someone to make them an offer they couldn’t refuse. I paid the $60 for six months in order to communicate with the seller. As soon as my application was approved, the listing was somehow no longer in there. I called to cancel and they said there is absolutely no refunds because they are charged to run a credit check. Clearly they are baiting people with extremely great deals in order to get them to sign up. I decided not to do any business with them because of this and now I am out $60.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I recently applied to be a car buyer after having paid a membership fees of around $47 but was denied stating "lack of 'minimum credit requirement." I have a score of 773. I have ZERO debt. I have a fully paid off condo and a car. I have a corporate job that pays me well over 10 times my potential monthly car lease payment would be. I have never had any collections ever. I have a credit card history of 10 years with no late payment. My last year's credit card bills were around 50% of the total value of the car I intend to lease which I have paid off every month on time. I still get denied! To make matters worse I am told to have my wife be a co-applicant who has equally good score and track record - so I pay another $30 for her credit check and they 'fail' her too!! This looks like a scam where they make money off of such membership fees! AVOID!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I got a new job at the start of the year and needed a car with more miles per month, so I posted my BMW to find someone to take over the lease and actually started looking for a car. There were 2 people interested 3 days later. I was willing to cover the transfer fee so this could happen quickly. We just transferred my lease this week and today I'm picking up the Honda I took over. It took 2.5 weeks. I hesitated at first to use them because I saw some reviews that made me nervous, but I didn't have any issues with LeaseTrader. It cost me $99 to post my car and $149 when the transfer started. And I would recommend calling them because they walked me through the process. This was my first time transferring a lease.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

They have almost no real listings, so not worth paying to "contact sellers". Even if you see a car you like chances are you won't be able to lease it and there are very few options in any category. Wast of money.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

A nice idea, but - I paid for an inspection of the car... They did not notice two lights were broken, a tire needed replacing, and the bottom splash card was torn asunder, only to fall off entirely a week into my owning the car. What did I pay for? They never told me in order to register the vehicle I'd have to get a SECOND inspection because the first one wasn't in Maryland State. And to pass that I had to pay $100 to get window tinting removed as well as the inspection fees itself. I paid to be walked through the process. It's very hard to reach anyone.

The website does not always give you up to date information - credit checks were indicated as "pending" well after completion. The fact that the other person failed theirs was never explained as to if it would hold up the deal or not. Currently I'm in a feedback loop where Maryland's MVA won't register the car to me because Toyota Financial Services won't complete the paperwork the way they want it. I don't think I can force either one to budge. I'd think this would be the "walking me through the process" I paid for. The entire process took well over a month just to complete the background checks. I'm two months in now and still don't have the car in my name.

LeaseTrader Company Information