4.4/5 (17 ratings)

About Geico Flood Insurance

Geico Flood Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geico Flood Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Geico Flood Insurance?

Original review: April 26, 2017

I have never had an insurance company that was helpful! It has always been the other way around with Geico. Customer service goes above and beyond to help the customer. They answered our questions no matter what while we were on the phone. Never had a problem with them.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I was hesitant to pick Geico at first until I saw how well they represented my friend. I found it to be very easy to get a quote from them over the phone and all the different options they had. I enjoy Geico for the most part. I don't have many negative things to say about the company other than when I'm trying to deal with a claim it would be nice to have one person to speak with instead of having to go through multiple representatives to get my questions answered. I believe they will go above and beyond for their customers and make certain that customers are satisfied and feel special.

They make me feel like they are on my side and will do what it takes to help me resolve my claims efficiently and easily. I have been satisfied with the help they provided me with my last claim that was a real headache for me. They made necessary outbound calls and always followed through with their word by keeping me up to date with new information that may have come up. I felt satisfied with the price and value of the policy. I have added other family members to my plan and plan on staying with them long term.

Original review: April 24, 2017

I was walked through the process by a close relative, who thought the policy should be in my name. We did it online, with a live person on the phone to walk and talk us through and this helped a lot. Everything was smooth and easier than I ever imagined something like this would be. It is inexpensive, and they always look after you, above and beyond the call of duty. I can't imagine not having them for flood insurance. Everyone should check them out. They are worth it, in my opinion. Never fear signing on for flood insurance, because depending on where you live, it is a great investment.

Original review: April 23, 2017

Geico really took their time in getting me to understand the process. Once I understood everything, it was pretty simple from there. I really like the option in the policy to quit at any time I don't like the rates and go to somewhere I do approve of the rates. Because most of the time we don't agree with rates insurance try to charge. However, I would improve the waiting time. I had to almost wait a week just to get everything done in a timely manner. But overall everything was pretty decent and really easy.

Original review: April 22, 2017

I live in Florida, and it's hard to get coverage here. But Geico handles Florida perfectly. Their customer service is amazing. I've never had any problems with them or the billing department. I really like them. But I would make their app much easier to use. They are expensive, but it's good coverage so that is OK.

Original review: April 22, 2017

We chose the Geico Flood Insurance policy because we were able to bundle because we had home and car insurance through them. The process was simple because we talked to an agent and we completed the process in person. This company has good customer service. I have never had flood insurance before, so it was nice to have someone explain what flood insurance is and what it protects you from. But, I wish that there was a way to obtain a cheaper plan because that lower rate was only for a little bit, and once it expired we could see a difference in our bill. I wish that we would've been given a loyal customer discount or something after our initial rate was over.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I went to my broker who maintained the beach house and worked with him on choosing the policy when he knew I already had GEICO as a policyholder. On other policies he went over some others with me and agreed that the company I was already using was the best one for me to choose. I was already aware of them through other policies. I trust them because I have other kinds of insurance with them. I only had to make a phone call. It was very easy.

Their prices are very competitive with other insurance companies. As it turned out I received the best coverage for the price I had to pay and thankfully I never had to make a claim. However, I think the policies could be written in a much shorter manner and a little less legalese and more in simple more understanding language. And maybe there are too many if and or buts in the policies which tend to protect the company more than the insured. But all companies do the same thing.

Geico Flood Insurance Company Information