Best Heating and Air Conditioning Repair in Atlanta
Atlanta is well known for steamy summers, high-pollen-count springs and frigid winters. Combine this with the city's occasional air quality warnings, and you now know why a reliable HVAC company should have a prominent place in your contacts list. When selecting an HVAC company, don't be afraid to compare multiple quotes.
Top 10 Atlanta HVAC Companies
|Ace & A Heating and Air Conditioning||Read Expert Review|
Offers air conditioning, heating, maintenance and repair, along with air quality services. Provides air conditioning, heating, maintenance and repair, along with air quality services. 24-hour emergency service is available.
|Air Source One||Read Expert Review|
Installs air conditioning and heating systems as their primary specialty. Place a strong emphasis on maintenance, inspections and pre-season check-ups.
|Coolray Heating & Air Conditioning||Read Expert Review|
Provides air conditioning, heating and plumbing services for homeowners in metro Atlanta and the suburbs. Basic services include installation, repair and regular maintenance visits. Plumbing services are provided via Mr. Plumber.
|Estes Services||Read Expert Review|
Over 70 years of industry experience serving homes in the Atlanta metro area. Homeowners can go online to request free estimates, make appointments and pay bills.
|Indoor Experts Heating & Air Conditioning||Read Expert Review|
Offers zero-percent financing for new or replacement units. Focus is on the installation and maintenance of heating and cooling systems.
|Moncrief Heating and Air Conditioning||Read Expert Review|
Began serving Atlanta homes over 120 years ago. Offer services including geothermal heat pumps, generators, indoor air quality management and home performance services.
|Premier HVAC Mechanical Corporation||Read Expert Review|
Provides heating, cooling and air quality products. Maintenance plans, financing and special offers are available. New installation is limited to Carrier Goodman products.
|PV Heating and Air||Read Expert Review|
Offers traditional repair services, plus custom home heating and cooling solutions, humidifier installation, home energy audits and indoor air quality services.
|Reliable Heating & Air, Plumbing and Electrical||Read Expert Review|
Services homes in the metro Atlanta area. No extra charge for 24-hour emergency service. Initial diagnostic visits start at $49.95.
|RS Andrews||Read Expert Review|
Offers air conditioning, electrical, insulation, plumbing and duct cleaning for homes in the metro Atlanta area. Emergency 24-hour service, regular maintenance plans, financing and satisfaction guarantees are available.
Atlanta HVAC maintenance tips
Ways to save money on your energy bill in Atlanta
Sweltering summers and frosty winters can drive energy bills to unpleasant heights. To keep costs down, experts suggest keeping the thermostat set at 78 in the summer and at 68 in the winter. Georgia Power says that for every degree the temperature is set lower in the summer (or higher in the winter) energy costs can increase by three to five percent. Investing in a programmable thermostat to help control the exact temperature in your home helps control both comfort and costs.
Another easy way to trim energy bills is to keep all furniture, curtains, rugs and other items from blocking the air vents and heat registers. Finally, making sure all your heating and cooling systems are in good working order also keeps energy costs low. Power companies also suggest scheduling annual maintenance check-ups with a licensed technician to avoid unexpected breakdowns and high energy bills.
How to maximize the life of your HVAC system
Taking good care of your HVAC units not only lowers your energy costs but extends the life of the unit. There are several simple things homeowners can do to extend the life and the performance of their energy units. First, make sure your HVAC unit has a clean air filter. How often the filter needs to be changed depends on the type of unit and whether or not you have pets, smokers, or vapers living in the home.
The most important thing homeowners can do to keep their HVAC running smoothly for a long time is to watch out for water leaks. Atlanta HVAC professionals say that a properly working system never has water leaking under it. If you see any water condensation collecting, especially in the summer, call a technician as soon as you can. You can also purchase water alarms to place on the unit that lets you know if there is water condensation collecting anywhere on the unit.
If your cooling unit is located outside, make sure it's free of any debris. Branches, leaves, dirt, animal nests or anything else blocking airflow keeps it from functioning correctly. Experts recommend keeping an area of two feet around the unit clear. Make sure cleaning the unit is part of your yard work routine. Lightly rinse the unit regularly to remove lint, mold, debris or anything else that could interfere with its function and make sure the water can drain properly. This helps extend the life of your unit and keep costs down.
Improve the air quality of your Atlanta home
Hot, humid summers, sky-high amounts of pollen and other pollutants cause Atlanta's air quality to occasionally dip below acceptable levels. When at-risk residents with allergies, asthma or compromised immune systems are cautioned to stay indoors, it's essential to make sure the air quality inside your home.
Along with regularly changing your air filter, experts recommend making sure air ducts are clean. Use exhaust fans if you have them to force smoke and moisture out of the house. Installing air ventilators and humidifiers can also help keep air from becoming stale and reducing harmful levels of humidity.
Atlanta heating and air FAQ
- How should I prep my HVAC system before going on vacation?
- The busiest time for HVAC companies is when the seasons change and homeowners switch from heating to cooling or cooling to heating. Nobody wants to be without cooling during Atlanta's sweltering summers. Experts advise keeping the thermostat on before leaving home for vacation. If an HVAC is off and idle for an extended period, you'll strain the system when you turn it back on. Leaving an air conditioning system on in the summer prevents too much humidity from collecting in your home that could damage drywall or give mold and mildew a chance to grow.
- How can I maintain the health of my heater?
- Despite being in the deep South, Atlanta winters can be quite cold. Just because your heater is running doesn't always mean it's running well. Regular maintenance is key to avoiding being out in the cold inside your home. Arrange a maintenance plan with a heating and cooling service to inspect your system annually to make sure it's in good working order. Check each room in your home to make sure the rooms in your home are all heating evenly. If you don't already have a digital thermostat, consider installing one. It can give you more control over the temperature, and some have zone control to set different temperatures for each room or zone in your home. When you leave the house, turn the thermostat down, but make sure it's warm enough to keep anything from freezing.
- Can a humidifier help me during the winter in Atlanta?
- Winter air is dry air that causes dry and itchy skin and increases the ability of airborne viruses to cause flu infections. Installing a humidifier in your home can help keep you healthy and protect your skin. It protects your plants and your wood furniture and floors from drying out in an otherwise dry environment.
- How do I know if my heater isn't working optimally?
- If the temperature is balmy in one room but sub-zero in another, that's a sign that your heating system might not be working correctly. Temperatures that vary from room to room are another sign of a faulty heater. Make sure your air filter is clean, and replace it as needed. Dirty filters prevent hot air from reaching some of the rooms in your home and cause the temperature imbalance. Experts also advise you to make sure all the vents in each room are open. Closed vents reduce pressure inside the air ducts, causing some rooms to get less heat than others.
Atlanta HVAC company information
RS Andrews provides a variety of home improvement and repair services to metro Atlanta homeowners. Trained and certified technicians offer HVAC plumbing, electrical, duct cleaning and insulation. They offer twenty-four-hour emergency service, regular maintenance plans and financing. They also repair all makes and models of air conditioning, plumbing and electrical equipment with a satisfaction guarantee. Coupons and specials are frequently available on their website.
- Service areas: Atlanta, Alpharetta, Marietta, Decatur, North Atlanta, Roswell and surrounding metro areas
- Address: 3617 Clearview Pkwy, Atlanta, GA 30340
- Phone number: (770) 454-1800
- Hours of operation: 24/7
- Website: rsandrews.com
Coolray and Mr. Plumber have been providing air conditioning and plumbing and repair services to homeowners in metro Atlanta since 1966. The company has a team of 350 trained and state-certified technicians who provide written estimates before the start of any repair work. Emergency 24-hour service is available, or appointments can be arranged to fit your schedule. Ongoing specials and offers are available on their website.
- Service areas: Metro Atlanta and most counties north and south of the city
- Address: 1787 Williams Dr, Marietta, GA 30066
- Phone number: (770) 884-7474
- Hours of operation: 24/7
- Website: coolray.com
A local, family-owned company with locations around Georgia, Reliable has 300 team members and 200 trucks on the road every day. In addition to heating and air conditioning services, they have been offering plumbing, electrical and duct cleaning work from a team of licensed master technicians. There is no extra charge for 24-hour emergency service. Regular appointments can be made online or by phone. Consultations start at $49.95 for plumbing problems and $89.95 for air conditioning issues.
- Service areas: All of metro Atlanta
- Address: 1305 Chastain Rd NW Suite 500, Kennesaw, GA 30144
- Phone number: (770) 594-9969
- Hours of operation: 24/7
- Website: reliableair.com
Estes is a third-generation family-owned company that's been serving the metro area for over 70 years. They provide air conditioning, heating, plumbing, electrical, insulation and air quality control services to homeowners. Round the clock emergency service, online bill payment and special offers are available. Free estimates and service appointments can also be arranged online.
- Service areas: Metro Atlanta
- Address: 3981 Tradeport Blvd, Atlanta, GA 30354
- Phone number: (404) 436-6396
- Hours of operation: Mon - Fri: 7am - 8pm; Sat: 8am - 4pm; Sun: closed
- Website: estesair.com
Unlike some HVAC services, PV takes a holistic approach to home heating and cooling. For new build customers, they provide "whole home" consulting and design services for new build homes. Home energy audits, air quality and water purification systems and services are also available. Technicians are available seven days a week, including holidays for air conditioning repair.
- Service areas: Metro Atlanta
- Address: 165 W Wieuca Rd NE #310, Atlanta, GA 30342
- Phone number: (404) 798-9672
- Hours of operation: Mon - Sun: 8am - 8:30pm
- Website: pvhvac.com
Indoor Experts focuses its attention on homeowners primarily interested in the installation upgrade, repair and maintenance of heating and cooling systems. They offer zero-percent financing on new or replacement units. To help keep costs low, they provide annual maintenance inspections, replacing air filters and installing digital thermostats.
- Service areas: Metro Atlanta and surrounding counties
- Address: 390 Stovall St SE, Atlanta, GA 30316
- Phone number: (404) 913-5802
- Hours of operation: Mon - Sat: 7:30am - 7:30pm; Sun: closed
- Website: indoorexperts.com
Stephan Montcrief founded Moncrief Heating and Air Conditioning in 1898, and the company continues to evolve. Today, it's a modern, full-service company with heating, cooling, plumbing and air quality services for Atlanta homeowners. Financing and annual service plans are available.
- Service areas: Atlanta and surrounding communities. They suggest calling to confirm you are in their service area.
- Address: 935 Chattahoochee Ave NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
- Phone number: (404) 350-2300
- Hours of operation: Mon - Fri: 7am - 7pm; Sat: 8am - 5pm; Sun: 8am - 4pm
- Website: moncriefair.com
Services from Ace and A include air conditioning, heating and air quality services. 24-hour emergency service is available, and estimates are provided before any work begins. For big jobs such as the installation of new units, financing plans are available, and discount coupons are available on their website.
- Service areas: Atlanta and surrounding communities. Call for specific information.
- Address: 2768 E College Ave, Decatur, GA 30030
- Phone number: (404) 378-5060
- Hours of operation: Mon - Fri: 8am - 4:30pm; Sat - Sun: closed
- Website: aceanda.com
Unlike many other companies, Air Source One focuses specifically on air conditioning and heating services. They emphasize maintenance and annual inspections to make sure all systems are in good working order. 24-hour emergency service is available.
- Service areas: Call for information.
- Address: 361 17th St. NW, Atlanta, GA
- Phone number: (470) 249-9494
- Hours of operation: 24/7
- Website: airsourceonehvac.com
Premier's focus is on state-of-the-art heating, cooling and air quality. They service all makes and models but limit their new installations to Carrier and Goodman products. Their website includes helpful explanations for homeowners detailing why cooling units installed before 2010 should be replaced. Maintenance plans, financing and online estimate requests are available.
- Service areas: Metro Atlanta and Northern Suburbs
- Address: 6669 Peachtree Industrial Blvd Suite N, Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
- Phone number: (770) 696-4189
- Hours of operation: Mon - Sun: 8am - 9pm
- Website: premierhvaccorp.com