4.1/5 (210 ratings)

About Prudential Annuities

Prudential Annuities Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudential Annuities?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prudential Annuities?

Original review: March 23, 2016

Knowledgeable staff, efficient processing, and good return investment advice. Curious and friendly advisors that are interested in my best interests. Great locations of branches and Internet access. Quick and easy process whenever needed. Staff goes above and beyond normal standard of service. Would definitely recommend to my friends and family. There are a few payout options. Some I prefer more than others but I like having the options available. They are responsive to customers different needs and wants. A perfect combination of versatility and convenience. The funding options are varied and very useful. It is very nice to be able to choose from many options instead of only a few. Staff is helpful and informative.

Original review: March 9, 2016

While I have no experience with the website or 800 customer service, all questions have always been answered promptly by our local agent and his recommendations have worked out quite well. There have always been several ways to add funds to the account and they have all worked when they have been used in the past and continue to be used.

Original review: March 7, 2016

They were very caring and helpful, were very concerned about my needs, answered all my questions efficiently. Even contacted me through emails and phone calls to follow up. I could withdrawal at any time but I did not choose to do so because I'm very confident with this company. They showed a real concern for me. And kept me well informed on all policies. It pays out well. I had no concerns. Like I said I'm very happy with this company and all of their policies. It was a good investment for me and my family. The funding options are perfect for me and my family. I would recommend this company above others that I have tried. I'm very satisfied with everything that they do. Would recommend them.

Original review: March 5, 2016

The application was easy. With the current market I have decided not to use it yet. It has performed well in spite of the current economic situation. Some are better choices than others now. I feel that it's a good investment to supplement retirement (Social Security and other investments). Especially, since the market performance is bad. Have not withdrawn yet. I can but with the current market situation I'm waiting till it increases in value for a better monthly payment. The payout options are good. Especially, if you hold it until it can gives you a maximum or larger monthly amount. You can fund it with other investments that are not doing well in the market or make monthly payments towards the time that you retire or the period you chose and according to the annuity. That's my understanding. Applied for mine after age 65 for additional monthly income.

Original review: March 1, 2016

The customer service was so very helpful and really helped me when I needed to be helped. Withdrawal was an easy and fun way to do business in a time when people do not like to busy themselves with banking on banks like the bank of america and loans and stuff to do in places. What a lot of money I received that day! Funding was really great and I could buy whatever I wanted with the cash that I received. And that cash was really helpful in so many ways that people cannot even imagine.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2016

They were very responsive. timely and thorough. Also were patient with my questions, never interrupting at all. I always got the answer I needed, and they were great at follow-ups. Never any rudeness or rushing at all. I never had any problem whatsoever. They explained any procedures and what the options were for me. Very easy and painless. I got a full accounting and they kept me up to date. They had very good terms. Not the easiest sometimes, but with enough follow through and patience we always seemed to get things done and I was happy with the results. Good options. They explained things very well and provided great information. The process was smooth and they made sure I was happy the whole time.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2016

I have been with them for over 6 years. I wanted to start something for my retirement fund. I thought that this would be a good thing to invest in. And I just hope that it pays off.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2016

Recommended to me by a friend and I'm very satisfied. I like the fixed income element while minimizing my risk. I was a little hesitant at tying up my money long term but I'm glad that I did it.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2016

I had a very enjoyable experience and would recommend to anyone thinking about getting an annuity, to go with Prudential! The consumer service is outstanding, and the representative that worked with me was extremely nice, and very knowledgeable in helping me with my annuity, and I would highly recommend them to all of my family and friends!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2016

They care about the customers’ needs. You are not just another number. They will work with you to achieve financial goals for retirements, savings for later in life, life changing events.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2016

Works very well with me. They keep me informed about my annuities and notify me if there are any changes. They are very good about keeping me informed about everything.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

Prudential is a very customer oriented company to work with. I am highly satisfied with the Return on Investment and the options available for retirement accounts.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

I purchased a Prudential annuity a few years ago because I had extra income to invest and I wanted a safe place to save it. An annuity in my opinion is one of the best options. After a few years I felt the need to withdraw it from Prudential for an unexpected major purchase. It was easy to withdraw when I needed it and the service was good.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2016

The feeling of a secure guaranteed income is smiling type of feeling that allows a person or partners to plan and plan and plan and relax doing it with regard to enjoying retirement options of pleasurable activities dreamed of for a long time finally coming true.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2016

MY experience has been very positive in the sense that I have not had any serious issues with my annuity. The fund options are a bit limited in general and I would like to have more investment possibilities. The fees are reasonable and have been well explained to me. The annuity website is easily accessible to me and has always been very useful.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2015

Guidance advice is very tailored and insightful. Contact and initial consultation with knowledgeable personnel a huge plus. Product performance has been above expectations.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2015

I don't know much about it. It doesn't pay as good as a investment you can move around or change how you want to invest your money. It is usually fixed income that pays once a set period of time.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

Prudential Financial has a most acceptable offering for Annuities. I have a personal advisor that provides guidance and essential information in a professional manner that is truly relevant to my life situation. My advisor is efficient and personally concerned about my financial well-being. My advisor provides customized services that are directed specifically to my available assets and treats me as a most valued customer at all times. My advisor completely personalizes my Annuities to meet my future requirements and always has my best interests in mind.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2015

They were really thorough in explaining the annuity and how it worked and it worked out well. Would recommend. Their customer service is great and I never had any problems.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2015

Customer service staff make it easy for novice investors to use products. The advisors give tailored sound advice. Product performs at level above most competition. Website easy to navigate and manage.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2015

This was the first time I have ever had an annuity. It is still a work in progress getting to know everything about the operation and pros and cons of having one. My wife and I were first told about one from our in-laws. They have had an annuity for about six or seven years now and they are very satisfied. So when we had the opportunity to acquire one we did. We get help with being able to understand what we can and cannot do with it. But as time goes on we are getting better educated about it functions. And how we will benefit in the long run as opposed to putting our money into some other form of investment.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2015

I like my annuities because the payout is on time every month as promised and I do not have to pay tax on the payout. If I want to withdraw from it the penalty is not much. I have been recommending this company to many of my friends.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2015

I decided that when I was young I should put money up for my kids college fund. I had looked into other options and could not figure out what to do. Then a friend told me about their experience. So I decided to go with them. I am very happy that I did because the payout is great. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2015

The best use of present value of annuity is comparing 2 streams of payments. As a general rule, you should purchase the financial instrument that has the highest present value.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2015

Prudential drawing interest once a year. Because I am retired I have to take dividend. Don't know what else to say but I'm satisfied with the plan. Also have another one Guggenheim. It is paid once a year also.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2015

Converted a small whole life insurance policy to an annuity fund on the advice of a local representative of the insurance company. It has remained a part of my life insurance and investment portfolio for almost 25 years and has shown steady growth and useful rate of return. By retaining the benefits of a life insurance policy, it has helped sustain adequate coverage through the years for my family. In recent years I have considered cashing out, but the short-term gains are small and offer a one-time benefit.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2015

I have had my variable annuity for over thirty years. I have it with the Prudential Annuities company. It also has an life insurance policy with it. I would only recommend an annuity to anyone who has maxed out their IRAs and still has money that they want to have for retirement. The fees are much greater for an annuity than a plain IRA. My annuity was a great idea thirty years ago because you were only allowed to put in $2000 per year. Once they started raising the maximum amount that you could put into your IRA, the IRA was a better deal with the lower fees. Also, when the Roth IRAs came out, you could then put money into your IRA and pay your taxes on it now and then. When you retire you can withdraw it tax free.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

Annuities experience may not be best for everybody in all situations. My experience is satisfactory based on all of the factors involved in the annuity process. If I had the opportunity to do it again, I might consider other options. The initial process required a minimal amount of paperwork and time, which was satisfactory. The ongoing payments were received as specified. I think I would have been better served by investing with a financial advisor, based on opinions of friends and family. Hindsight is 20/20.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

I feeling of security about a guaranteed income for perpetuity and the idea that I will not lose any sleep over losing any money any time and that every month as make plans with my life partner and that she has the same feeling of happiness.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2015

Was good, very helpful, knowledgeable, customer friendly, time well worth. The company was in the know. They were there. They found the right website for me to get info to help my needs.

Prudential Annuities Company Information