1.14/5

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

52 Pinnacle Credit Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 2, 2011

At around 2:34pm, I called Pinnacle Financial Group in behalf of Estella and talked to a Lady named Karrie to resolve this issue. I talked nicely and politely and asked to make a payment arrangement because I said I’m responsible for the amount that we owe t-mobile (this is a t-mobile acct. and I got the authorization on this acct. when we signed in). Explaining to her the situation that my wife is on a business travel, instead of listening to me, she was being rude and impolite. I’m asking her if we can have a payment arrangement, instead of listening to my side, she hung-up on me. Then I called again at around 2:37 p.m. and there she is again being rude to me and said I don't have time to talk to you and then hung-up on me again. She is so rude. I asked if I can talk to a supervisor or manager and she just hangs-up on me.

I hope you guys can help us, we're not trying to escape from our obligations, all we want is to be treated fairly. Thank you in advance and have a good day.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2011

I called today to settle a bill (24 Jan 11), and the representative on phone told me that in addition to the amount I owed, they were tacking on a fee that amounted to about $19-$20. Nowhere in the letter I received demanding payment did it state that I would be responsible for any other fees. I instructed the representative not to charge me for the fee. She then put a supervisor on the phone who asked me why. I told him that those fees should be collected from the client, not me. He then said that I didn't understand. I insisted that they take only the balance on my account, and nothing else. In the end, they complied.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2011

Pinnacle has been dunning me by telephone several times a day concerning a debt that does not exist. The claim concerns shipments two years ago from LTD commodities. Having learned the incompetence of LTD, the shipment was returned and the delivery of unwanted back orders was refused on two. No money is owed. Pinnacle asserts that calls will continue forever until payment is made. Since no debt exists, Pinnacle is in violation of Section 807 of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. The claim is for a measly $40.00--the harassment is emotionally stressing.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2011

In May of 2010, I had my identity stolen. I have been contacted through mail by many collection agencies, all of whom have been very understanding. I signed up with all the credit monitoring bureaus because of my situation. I received a letter from TransUnion letting me know that Pinnacle Financial Group has reported a derogatory on my credit.

I have been trying to get to talk to anyone with this firm. I have had no response from them. This is no joking matter when it comes to my finances. How can a problem be resolved if you cannot even get them to return a phone call? I feel my rights are being violated because I was not notified before they reported me to the credit bureau .

Original review: Jan. 4, 2011

Bob contacted my home today, trying to collect on a bill from LTD commodities. A while back, I was contacted by them to collect 196 or so dollars from LTD. I did for set up payment arrangements. We had fallen on hard times, sometimes I could pay LTD and sometimes I could not. So I set up arrangements to pay automatically, drafting the payments from my checking account. I was the one paying them in August or September of 2010. Now all of the sudden, they are calling me, harassing me that we owe them $19 inconvenience fees. My husband asked them to send us a bill and we would gladly pay it. They said they would not and wanted to talk to me to give them the "okay, do it". I said, no. They would have to send me a bill. He got very angry and told us that he would call back everyday until we paid it. My husband tried to tell him, if he had all my bank information, then why has all this time gone by and they have not taken out these fees in the first place? He said he would have to get my approval to proceed with the payment. Again, we told him send us a bill and we will pay it. They said no! I have never once received a bill from them except the very first one saying I owed them money many months ago. We paid that. What more do they want? Can they hurt our credit over $19 that we don't owe? It sounds to me that they are trying to scam us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pinnacle Credit Services?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2010

I received a letter from Pinnacle F.G. showing a balance owing roughly $600 within the month of 9/10 or 10/10. The balance was paid in full (not settled) in 10/10. I was advised by the representative that the account will not appear on my credit report. Two months after the payment, Pinnacle reported the account. This account has affected my credit in a negative manner. I paid it as soon as I was in receipt of the letter showing the balance due. Please have this removed.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2010

I paid a past due account for my son on 12/10 and asked to have a satisfaction letter faxed to me. After I paid, I was told I could get the fax on 12/13. First thing, I never got it so I called and I was told they didn't receive my letter of authorization so I resent it and I was told I would receive it within a half an hour. That never happened so I called back. They said it was being worked on and that it usually takes 24 hours. I called on 12/14 at 9 AM and I was told they were just getting approval and I should get it soon. I called back and I was told they couldn't speak to me but only my son. Then at 3:00, I was told they were sending the fax. I received it three days late which was not what I was told. I was applying for a car loan and I needed this letter to clear up my credit report because Pinnacle Group had placed this on my credit and not on my son’s.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2010

Pinnacle is trying to collect money from me from my Chase checking account. I do not have an account with Chase. Chase says, I do not owe them any money and no one is authorized to collect from me on behalf of Chase.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2010

I received 2 calls for the previous owner of my home from Pinnacle Financial Group in July or August. I called and informed them that they had the wrong number and that Robert and Patricia *** never had this phone number. I gave them the most current phone number for the **** family. They said they would correct it. Today (9/20/10), I received another call from them. I returned that call at the following phone number,888-831-1844. I again informed them that the **** family sold us this house in August 2006 and have never had this phone number. I again gave them the phone number I had for the **** family and offered to give them the home and business addresses I have for the **** family. They took the phone number but declined any further info from me.

Original review: June 2, 2010

Has been calling my place of employment, leaving messages that I have an outstanding debt that this company is trying to collect. I do not have any current outstanding debt with anyone. This is becoming an extreme problem, calls coming in several times a day to my voice mail as well as left with the receptionist.

Original review: March 17, 2010

For the past couple of months, virtually every day, I have received a voice mail on my home phone looking for "Monique **" stating if I am not to hang up and if I don't, I am admitting I am. So forever I hung up, assuming they would get the message and go away.

Finally, last weekend, I didn't hang up, hoping to talk to someone or at the very least get a phone number, so I could save them the phone call. No information. I've gone online looking for a way to communicate to them. I can't find anything. Stop the phone calls! Please! I've had this number over 30 years, and there isn't nor has there ever been a Monique ** at this number!

Original review: March 12, 2010

Since November 2009, I have received calls 2 to 3 times a day from Pinnacle Financial Group. These calls are pure harassment in an attempt to scam me:

1. The charged off Debt they claim from 2003 has never been on my Credit report. I had never heard of this outfit.
    2. The account they seek is over 7 years old.
    3. The statue of limitations is 4 years in California.
    4. This Pinnacle Financial Group never contacted me about this by mail nor did the now defunct bank they claim had this account ever contact me in the past 7 years.
    5. Pinnacle Financial Group tagged my credit report with their trade line in Jan. 2010 without contacting me.
    6. Under Section 1692g(b)which requires the debt collector to cease collection of the debt at issue if a written dispute is received within the 30-day validation period until verification is obtained. I believe that FDCPA has been violated because they are reporting a 7 year old charged-off debt that is not mine to a consumer reporting agency and I never received anything from them. So is this extortion?
    7. I have bank account and Pinnacle people say I can't have a bank account because of this past charge off that I know nothing about.

8. I am going to send a letter of C.D. to them as soon as I find an address for them.

These 3rd party debt collectors are breaking the law and consumers need to fight back. I'm going to! I'm tired of being at the whim of some company that thinks just because they can say that people owe them something, that they will pay up for nothing. I may be old and hard of hearing, but I'm not stupid when it comes to my rights under the Fair Debt Act.

Original review: March 5, 2010

On March 4th 2010 at around 4:39 pm, I received a call from an unknown female asking to speak to Lisette. I asked who was calling and they asked if I was Lisette, the woman said she wouldn't tell me unless I told her if I was Lisette. I old her how was she gonna call someone's phone and not say where they are calling from and expect them to say who they are. The woman said, "Well, look lady, it's not my problem and I cut her off and hung up from there because she began to raise her voice.

I called the number back and asked to please speak to a supervisor and the woman who answered asked in regards to what and I said a rude employee. The woman said, "Oh, that would be me, are you Lisette?" I again said, "Can I speak to a supervisor and she said, "No, are you Lisette? I told her she couldn't deny me to speak to a supervisor and she said, yes she could. I said, "Yes, this is Lisette, can I speak to a supervisor. She put the supervisor on the phone, it was a male named Aaron.

I told him I would like to make a complaint about a rude employee but she would not give me her name. He asked me to verify my name and I did and the number she called. He them asked how much I could pay. I said, I was very upset about the customer service and he told me, "We aren't here for customer service, we are here to collect a debt, so how much can I pay."

I said, I didn't even know what they were calling about and he said an old T-mobile account and how much could I pay and he'd pull the tape. I asked why he was not listening to me because I wasn't being rude, and he said, he told me he would pull the tape and if that wasn't enough, then something like it wasn't a big deal, he seemed like he could care less. I told him pull the tape? I don't know what that is. He said, it is recorded so he will listen to it and take care of it, how much can you pay.

I tried to say that I should not be treated that way just because I owe money and he said have a nice day and hung up on me. I was in a car accident and have been out of work for 3 months but I couldn't even get these people to be nice to me to let me explain my situation. I was treated with no respect just because I owe 200 lousy dollars, but right now feeding my two kids is my priority until I return to work, but I do have a job and do deserve respect and people like that should be replaced by people who would appreciate having a job in our tough economy.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2009

On Sunday, December 13, 2009, I called Pinnacle Financial Group to make payment arrangements on a past due T-Mobile bill that went into collections. A representative named David picked up the call. I stated to David that I would like to make payment arrangements and told him what I could afford. He told me that they were not running a charity case. I have to pay what he said or else they could not accept payment at all. He proceeded to tell me "This is not Burger King. What the hell do you think we are running here? You better get the money from a family member" because that was not of his concern. I again told David I did not have the money up front to pay the bill, but I would like to make payment arrangements, which is my only option at this time. He proceeded to be rude and told me this is not customer service and "you are wasting my time" besides another words. He told that once I had the full amount, to call back.

Original review: April 4, 2009

On 4/4/09 at 1:41 pm, I received a phone call from a female who identified herself as representing Pinnacle Financial asking for Justin **. I began to inform her that I am the victim of numerous nuisance contacts from her company and other collection agencies, and that we do not know nor have ever known a Justin **. This collector said, "I’m not interested in your story. Just tell me if this is the right number," at which point she hung up. I believe this agency's client in this matter is Wal-Mart credit services as I have had to deal with this problem for more than one year and now consider it a form of harassment.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2008

They are trying to collect a debt. On Monday December 8th 2008 Mark Romain called my home around 9:30am. I told him that I was expecting an emergency call and not to call back. My daughter had been sick for days and had a fever of over 103. I hung up on him but he called me back anyway. After I got very angry he told me that now he knows this makes me upset he will call every day.

I have told him that I am disabled now that I have no income and that I have been out of work for over a year. However he calls every day just to harass me. They called ounce and told me that they would call my parents to ask them to pay my debt. When I told them they were both deceased, with no compassion, he asked my age and when did they die. Now they claim that I told them I make $1800 a month from disability. I dont get any money from disability. When I try to explain he shooshes me and tell me to not talk. He tells me not to curse at him, when I dont curse. He claims he has this recorded on tape but he wont play it for me. I am disabled but get no money from disability as of yet. I have a small baby and a wife who does not work.
    Original review: May 19, 2008

I went to buy a house and they pulled my credit only to find out I had a report on it to call this number 9529398100 they informed me i owed $55000 to some one but they did not have a contack # I found the number to nations star 18003069027 they said i dont owe nothing this penical company did not have the right to put that on there and they would have it removed

Pinnacle finacial by putting this fraudgelent charge on my credit will cost me the house i was to close on it by june 9th and now have to wait 30 days or more to get this of my credit they do it to alot of others as well check out rip off report .com Thanks to them i will probley not get this grest house and am sick to death over it

Original review: March 22, 2007

From October 2005 to March 2006, the total amount of both loans was $150,00.00 and I only received approximately $60,000. I believed that she had my familys best interest in mind when I signed the papers. She convinced me to accept this loan, and then she would help me correct the errors on my credit report and raise my score. Then in a couple months, we could refinance again and get a lower monthly payment.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2007

Back in June of 2006, I disputed a charge with Sears about charges for 2.00 I received. My credit card was paid off, but they charged me 2.00. I straightened this out with the collection department and they said they would take care of the charges. This was a lie and they never did. Every month they kept adding late charges on to late charges. I wrote to their dispute address and NEVER received a response.

They now have sold it to a collection agency and I am being harassed by them daily. I tried to explain what happened and how I disputed the charge, but all they did was yell at me and said I should have paid my bill. The last person, who was a supervisior I spoke with, yelled at me for 15 minutes and told me that she had my social security number and that it would be send to the credit bureau saying I refused to pay.

She had no right to scream at me or to harass me on the phone. This was the second person at that agency to do that. I had to hang up on her she was so obnoxious.

I am not a deadbeat. I pay my bills and any other financial responsibilities that I have. This all stems from a 2.00 charge and now they are trying to collect $219.13. I tried to call Sears and straighten this out, and they were very nasty with me and said they could not help me and I had to deal with the agency that bought the debt. I am sick to my stomach over this. I have never dealt with such horrible, nasty and aggressive people. They continue to call me and harass me everyday.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2006

Someone that I dont know used my identity to get cell phone service with Nextel. I never gave anyone permission to do this. I am the victim of Identity Theft. I found out this happened on 09/13/06. I called Pinnacle Financial on 09/13/06 and 09/14/06. I was told I need a police report to clear it up. I called Nextel on 09/14/06 and 09/15/06 to get the information I need for the police report. I was told my CS that someone would call me back. No one has gotten back to me yet. My question is: how did someone get cell phones in my name without my permission? Were they asked to show ID when activating service?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2005

This person named Jake from a company called Pinnacle Financial has been calling my house for some time now, with at least one call a day every day. On this particular evening he asked to speak with my mother and when I told him that she was out, he became very nasty and started harassing me by asking me all sorts of unnecessary questions as to why she wasn't home.He then asked where my father was and when I said that he was out with her, he started to laugh and tell me that he didn't believe me and then hung up the phone.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2004

It looks like I made an inquiry about law degree which Kaplan College took it as admission and forcing me to pay $3781.00. No admission was taken, no receipt was issued and no books or lessons were given. When I refused to oblige them, they are threatening me through collection agencies.

Already I am facing economic hardship and they are adding to my sufferings by using coercive methods to extract money from me for no reason.

Pinnacle Credit Services Company Information