4.5/5 (47 ratings)

About Morty

Morty is an online mortgage marketplace currently licensed in 44 states and Washington, D.C. The company works with homebuyers to match them with the right loan from its marketplace using its Interactive Loan Options tool and serves as an advocate throughout the buying process. According to Morty, its technology helps streamline the mortgage experience to provide quick, reliable preapprovals and transparent, on-time closings.

Pros

• Designed for home purchases
  • Work with home loan pros
  • Totally online service

Cons

• Limited mortgage options

Bottom Line

Morty is an online mortgage marketplace that provides tools to help you find the right mortgage for your needs. The company also has resources to help you learn about topics like monthly payments and interest rates.

Morty Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Morty?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Morty?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Morty seemed to have the best overall package of best rate and best closing cost, so I went with them. I liked the website. It showed how the progress went. And I dealt with Jack. He had very continuous communication with me right out through the very end. He kept me very informed on every little step. Very smooth transaction. So, Morty was a very well organized company.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

We were using a different mortgage broker before Morty and we were almost done with the process with them. But then when it came time to lock in the rate, the interest rate had gone up. It was higher than I expected. I shopped around again. I was glad we switched to because not only did we get a better rate, but we had a better experience with Morty 'cause it was more transparent. I liked that everything was online so that made it a lot easier for us to keep track of where everything's at, what documents they have and don't have, and get updates from them. They also didn't have the closing costs and origination fees. I had a million questions and the representative was responsive, helpful, and patient with me. If I called and he didn't pick up, he would call me back pretty quickly. If I texted him, he would respond to my text the same day.

Morty response

Thanks for the awesome review, Amina! We’ve worked hard to transform the mortgage experience and we’re happy we were able to make it easier for you. Thank you for choosing Morty and we look forward to working with you the next time you're looking for a new home!

Rob

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

My experience overall is very good. The representatives went out of their way to work with me, especially with getting the information they needed quickly and getting the loan to close as quickly as possible. They did a very good job keeping in touch with me, and the system that Morty has in place with tracking the loan makes it easy to see where you are on the process.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

The process took less than two months, and initially, I provided some feedback to my main contact guy that he could have been more responsive. Sometimes I’d provide the stuff that was requested, then it would be almost like a black hole. I didn't know if things were being looked or if it was exactly what was needed, and I ended up asking a ton of questions. I was maybe a bit more needy than some of the other people, but communication on the status could have been a little better. Ultimately though, it got done, which is the only thing that matters.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

Morty was very easy to use, and better communication would have been the only thing I would have asked for. There were times where I would call people and not get responses. It left me wondering, "Does everybody have everything they need?" Maybe it had moved from one person at that point to somebody else, and if that was the case, it would have been nice to have someone call me back and let me know, "Hey, call and talk to this person now." Other than that, it was a great experience. The rate and terms worked for me too.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

Morty is perfect. Their mortgage rate is competitive, the process is clear and there's no service fee. Customer service is very good too. I'm satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

The process took a few days and it was great. It was straightforward and simple. Overall, Morty was easy to work with, and I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

When I went to LendingTree and put in my information, Morty was top of the list with the lowest interest rate and APR. I thought it was worth contacting them because of that. The only thing was that they did everything electronically, which was an advantage, but being a little bit old school, I was concerned because they didn't have that personal touch. When I reached out to the team that was handling the mortgage and told them I hadn't heard anything from anyone, the rep said that I didn't request that they contact me. That was via email and after that contact, I understood that it was an electronic process.

They directly addressed what I was asking and I could tell they were engaged. It made me relax a little bit and be able to trust the process. It ended up being perfect. They were on target and effectively communicated to me what my next steps were to make sure I wasn't holding up the process. We had an under 45-day target closing date and there was no hiccup hitting that.

Morty response

Thank you so much for your kind words, Norman, and congratulations on your new home! We appreciate you taking the time to share more about your experience. We’re working hard to create a fully digital product that makes getting a mortgage easier than ever and are so glad we were able to help you buy your home. It was a pleasure working with you and thank you again for using Morty!

Rob

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

I was happy with the whole process. Things were easy and simple. But some of the documents needed were things that I didn't have. Some of the forms were too automatic and they ask specific questions which sometimes don't apply to everyone. Also, I didn't have a mortgage against my house and they thought I did. I had to convince my rep that I didn't. Other than that, I got a good rate.

Morty response

Thank you so much for your kind words, Rachell, and congratulations on your new home! We appreciate you taking the time to share more about your experience. It was a pleasure working with you and thank you again for using Morty!

Rob

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

I went through Morty and it was a good experience. I had a few different people that I worked with, and usually just through email. Anytime I had a question, they were always quick to respond. It's a quick, easy process.

Morty response

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Heith! We’re working hard to create a fully digital product that makes getting a mortgage easier than ever and are so glad we were able to help you buy your home. Thanks for using Morty and congratulations!

Rob

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

I liked everything about the process. The website was easy to understand and it went pretty smooth. We had a 40-day close.

Morty response

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Bo! We’ve worked hard to transform the mortgage experience and we’re happy we were able to make it easier for you. Thank you for choosing Morty and we look forward to working with you the next time you're looking for a new home!

Rob

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Morty was very responsive. I got to talk to a live person and I got the same person repeatedly. I was able to get feedback almost instantaneously. They put up with my ineptness at filing the proper paperwork and guided me into getting the right stuff. The reps were far more than I expected and very pleasant to deal with from the beginning to the end. I got terrific terms.

Morty response

Annlyn, thank you for your review! We’re happy to hear you had a great experience with our team and that we were able to secure you a great rate. Congratulations on your new home and thanks for choosing Morty!

Rob

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I got a 30-year conventional loan program with a good interest rate. The reps had good communication through email and text. My rep even responded a few times when he was on vacation.

Morty response

Thanks for your review, Nathan! The proprietary marketplace technology behind our platform creates significant efficiencies throughout the mortgage process allowing us to pass the savings onto you, the homebuyer. It was a pleasure working with you and congratulations on your new home!

Rob

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I was skeptical of the value of a broker - but the Morty team located the most competitive loan for my needs, helped work through several obstacles, streamlined the communication to the lender and closing agent, and provided an awesome web interface to track progress and communicate with me most effectively. Would definitely recommend.

Morty response

Thanks for the awesome review, Craig! We’ve worked hard to transform the mortgage experience and we’re happy we were able to make it easier for you. Thank you for using Morty and we look forward to working with you the next time you're looking for a new home!

Rob

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

Morty is very easy to use and I can do everything online. I worked with the website and the web app. The website is pretty easy to use. The closing process is well documented so that I can just upload my documents as instructed. The only thing is on their website, they do not provide like loan options.

Hey Xin,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We’re working hard to create a fully digital product that makes getting a mortgage easier than ever and are so glad we were able to help you buy your home. If you have suggestions for ways we can better our website experience, please feel free to share them via rob@morty.com. Thanks for using Morty, and congratulations!

Rob

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I was satisfied with the process. From application to closing, it took 30 days, and the rates and terms are good.

Morty response

Thank you so much for your kind words, Jeff, and congratulations on your new home! We appreciate you taking the time to share more about your experience. It was a pleasure working with you and thank you again for using Morty!

Rob

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

Working with Morty was great and very easy. They had the cheapest mortgage rate for me. My loan officer was excellent. If I had a question or anything, I could email him, and he would get right back to me. I was gonna be leaving town and he worked really hard so we could close a couple days earlier.

Morty response

Karen, thank you for your review! We’re happy to hear you had a great experience with our platform and our team. Congratulations on your new home and thanks for choosing Morty!

Rob

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Morty had the best rates available that I can find. I got into a 15-year fixed loan. Morty’s application process was straightforward. Color coded system works pretty well. The one area where it was a little bit challenging at first was I didn't feel like I had an actual personal point of contact. Because it was all online, I couldn't tell if the names that were portrayed were actual individuals or just some sort of robotic system. It turns out they were individuals, but the way the interface and interaction was, it was not clear at first.

The reps provided feedback throughout the process on what documents are needed and when. There was an online chat type window that I would type in through occasionally, and then there' are also emails throughout. I was skeptical of the rates just because they were so low. I even tried to match them at three or four places, and I was told that they could not be matched.

Morty response

Brandon, thanks for taking the time to write a review! We’re working hard to create a fully digital product that makes getting a mortgage easier than ever and are so glad we were able to help you buy your home. Thanks for using Morty and congratulations!

Rob

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

The rep was really helpful. He always answered my questions and responded, and everything went good.

Morty response

Billy, thank you for your review! We’re happy to hear you had a great experience with our team. Congratulations on your new home and thanks for choosing Morty!

Rob

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

The website was clean, and it was clear to use. It was a polished experience, so I felt comfortable with moving forward with Morty. The document uploader was a little weird though. Sometimes the site would glitch out when trying to add multiple documents, but other than that, there weren’t too many bottlenecks. There were a couple of weekends where the response wasn't super quick, but overall, it was a quick turnaround on response times. Everything got done in a timely manner, and I was satisfied.

Hey Constantine,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We’re working hard to create a fully digital product that makes getting a mortgage easier than ever and are so glad we were able to help you buy your home. We're constantly improving our product and marketplace and we sincerely appreciate the feedback. Thanks for using Morty and congratulations!

Rob

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Everything went well with Morty, but I'm not very happy with the closing process. The earlier closing cost that was promised was 5,500 estimated cost, but then I had to pay 3,500 extra for it. I needed to do a lot of follow ups, and I was promised that I would be getting the closing cost, it is just a process. Also, out of the closing cost, I paid $1,489 for my rentals. I bought the home on the 29th, and I'm still waiting for the check. It's been three weeks.

Hey Santosh,

Thank you for choosing Morty and congratulations on your new home! We're glad you enjoyed the majority of your experience working with us and regret that didn't continue through closing.

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We take it to heart and use it to inform our process improvements going forward.

Rob

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Morty had the best rates that I could find. The initial contact seemed to be good. After that, I couldn't get ahold of the guy. I would call, leave messages or emails, and there was just a big gap in communication.

Julie,

Thank you for using Morty and congratulations on your new home.

At Morty, we strive to offer the most efficient mortgage experience possible and have designed a fully digital product that reduces the amount of time buyers spend bogged down by incessant phone calls or emails. Of course, getting a mortgage and buying a home is complex, so our team of mortgage experts are readily available throughout the process to provide support and make sure you have everything you need to close on time. We regret that our communication with you didn’t meet your expectations for this process.

We appreciate your feedback and are constantly improving our processes to provide a level of communication that serves a wide range of users.

Rob

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

The reps helped me get all the documents I needed, and the process went well. The rates were the best too.

Morty response

Thank you so much for your kind words, Zhiying, and congratulations on your new home! We appreciate you taking the time to share more about your experience. It was a pleasure working with you and thank you again for using Morty!

Rob

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

The process went smoothly. It was easy. I just filled out some things online and then I was contacted by somebody. They worked closely with me through the whole process. We also closed a week early. The rates and terms are good, as well. ​It was, overall, a good experience.

Morty response

Thank you so much for your kind words, Alina, and congratulations on your new home! We appreciate you taking the time to share more about your experience. It was a pleasure working with you and thank you again for using Morty!

Rob

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

Morty was very helpful. The rate that I got was really competitive and that was the main reason I went with them. They were all easy to work with. My only frustration was the third party lender kind of slowed things down and made us push it back, but I do believe that was outside of Morty’s control. They explained why they pushed it back, but it was the day of. It was kinda too late at that point. I had submitted everything that I needed. Morty thought they had everything that they would have normally needed. The day after I was supposed to close, they had told me that they've never had to go back to somebody and ask for that type of information. So, I think they were getting kind of mixed messaging from the third party.

What I enjoyed about the Morty process was they had essentially a quote system where I knew what my down payment was going to be and what the cost of the house was. They let me put in different numbers like if I wanted to put more or less of a down payment down and if I wanted to do a 20-year loan or a 30-year loan.

Hey Blake,

Thanks for choosing Morty and congratulations on your new home!

We always strive to stay ahead of third-party needs and certainly appreciate your understanding when things don't go quite as planned because they are outside of our control. We appreciate you taking the time to share more about your experience. It was a pleasure working with you and thank you again for using Morty!

Rob

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Morty's loan rep was fantastic, very responsive and had great communication. The process took a while. We started on August 12th and then it closed on October 8th. There was a communication issue. We got to the week of the anticipated closing. The lender had waived the appraisal, and they realized about a day or two prior to the anticipated closing that they needed an appraisal after all. So, it took a couple weeks for them to get someone out to do the appraisal and get all that handled. But in terms of the responsiveness of Morty, they explained what happened. They covered the cost of the appraisal, and they paid to extend the rate lock until the new closing date. So, they were very accommodating in terms of what they were able to do. They found a very competitive rate. I was very happy with it. I'd use them again if I had another mortgage that I needed to take.

Morty response

Jamie, thank you for your review! We’re happy to hear you had a great experience with our team and we certainly appreciated your patience and understanding as we worked through unforeseen bumps along the way. Thank you for using Morty and we look forward to working with you the next time you're looking for a new home!

Rob

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I was doing research and getting quotes and rates from different people, and the quote that Morty gave me was the most favorable. I managed to close within a month like I wanted to. So, it's good. I did have a few times where I needed a quick answer and I managed to get it.

Morty response

Thank you so much for your kind words, Brent, and congratulations on your new home! We appreciate you taking the time to share more about your experience. It was a pleasure working with you and thank you again for using Morty!

Rob

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

Morty had the best rates, and the ability to adjust all the little settings was appreciated. That was what I looked for. They nailed the process but I would have liked more transparency and for them to allow for more conditions because it's a very common thing that people move to get a new job. That needs to be part of the sign-up or application so people aren't going to be turned off. There was no option for me to select, "I'm moving to get a job," and have my start date be in the future so I had to put in bad data. I cleared it with Morty's rep but that was a one to two-day wait. It made the process not as straightforward and not as clear. It put a lot of asterisks on what I was doing, whereas other places would allow me to select future dates to indicate that I was starting a job when I move. The representatives that I worked with at Morty were all fine people but I wish that there was more correspondence and better availability. It was very hard to get ahold of them throughout the process. There were multi-day wait sometimes.

Hey Luke,

We truly appreciate your feedback as it informs how we continue to improve our product experience going forward. Thanks for using Morty and congratulations on your new home!

Rob

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

They were very difficult to get ahold of. The communication was very poor and they wouldn't answer emails. They're a pretty unethical company. We worked with ** and I had to tell him he had to get things done because they have an impound account and I cannot legally go and get the information from insurance companies. But he didn't do anything until we ended up getting two or three other people from Morty involved at a rate lock extension in order to get the loan to close. The only time I could ever get him to call me is when I left him messages where I was obviously perturbed that something wasn't being addressed. Also, they bothered my employer seven or eight times for the same employment confirmation.

In the end, they did not let us know that they had sent the closing documents and we didn't even get to review them. Also, I had questions that were never answered. We have contacted them trying to remedy the situation and nobody has contacted us back. Our home closed almost two months ago. We're very unhappy and I will be following up with the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Morty is the best lender based on my online search and they have good rates. Customer service handled my account nicely and whenever there was a clarification, they clarified it for me immediately. The underwriting wrote immediately to me and even the appraiser did things quickly. They followed up with the people. They initially settled the phone calls before I took the Morty calls and they explained everything. I’m also glad they’re available in chat, which is the best thing. Overall, the service is awesome. The only thing is the reference option is not available in the portal. If Morty could add that, most people would use that for sure.

Morty response

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kannan, and congratulations on your new home! We appreciate you taking the time to share more about your experience. It was a pleasure working with you and thank you again for using Morty!

Morty Company Information