CarsArrive Auto Relocation

CarsArrive Auto Relocation Reviews

About CarsArrive Auto Relocation

CarsArrive Auto Relocation, formerly known as Dependable Auto Shippers, is an auto transport company specializing in local moves. In addition to cars, the company ships classic cars, motorcycles, vans and trucks. You can decide whether you want to pick up or drop off your car right at your door or from a nearby terminal. Enclosed transport is available for high-value cars.

CarsArrive Auto Relocation Reviews

Stars Rating

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarsArrive Auto Relocation?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarsArrive Auto Relocation?
      Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 11, 2016

A true NIGHTMARE. I cannot warn you enough to stay away from DAS. The sales rep told me I had to get my car there asap so that it would arrive on my desired delivery date. They had my car for 16 days being held in ATL before it ever left. When I finally received it, it was 11 days late. They had my car for a total of 26 days, and there was a ding in the side door. Throughout the entire process, I could never get a person on the phone or a response on email to the status of my car. I was completely in the dark. Once I paid, the sales rep's phone number would route straight to a voicemail. I had to call from 4 different numbers but as soon as I said my name he would hang up. Their "online tracker" does not exist. The status when you call just says: your status is "late". No dates, no details. When I finally picked up my car I met another guy who had the same experience. STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!!!

Reviewed July 6, 2016

Ridiculous service, no response. Waiting for my claims to be reimbursed from last 15 months. Totally dissatisfied and disappointed with DAS.

Reviewed July 6, 2016

We relocated from Washington, D.C. to Los Angeles on June 5. Four years earlier we used Dependable Auto Shippers and regretfully didn't check social media before using them again. We called early to schedule a pickup that would have our car arrive before we did. The pick up went well on May 23. From that day we received no information. Calls went to voicemail and weren't returned. It took 10 days to find out that the car hadn't left and wasn't scheduled to leave. They made up delivery dates knowing the car hadn't left and this went on daily. It took repeated calls, escalation through our relo agent, and we had a call placed by the police to finally get the car assigned a transporter. Our contract was for door to door service in 10-14 days and it took 26 with us needing to pick it up. As of July 6 we still haven't received our refund for picking the car up. Don't use DAS.

Reviewed July 1, 2016

Now at 5 weeks to get a car from Dallas to RI. 5 WEEKS and car is still sitting somewhere in NJ. You try calling and all you get is a computer. You can never speak with anyone. They send you BS emails telling you the car is "in transit". I have shipped cars all over US. This company is by far the worst ever. I feel stupid that I did not do my research. Hopefully this helps you not make the same mistake.

Reviewed June 25, 2016

Something has happened with this company. Used them several years ago and was completely satisfied. Tried again this past June and an utter disaster. Dropped car off in Phoenix depot. People very helpful. Then the games began. No communication. Finally email saying car had arrived and I would be contacted for delivery to my house as agreed upon at time of commitment. Several days go by, no calls. Called Bernie **, salesman, get same answer", call was coming. Now the fun began. Don't know where car is. Tried Linden, NJ depot to where it was going, but phone disconnected. **, when he answers phone says, I will get a call.

Finally called Phoenix Depot and they tell me car is in Newington, CT at Mirabelli auto shop. Call Mirabelli and they will not deliver car because DAS not paying bills. I can come and get it, 200 miles away. Called ** who no longer takes my calls and never calls back. Neither does Angel and headquarters hung up on me. The combination of total failure to communicate and outright lying make this a company that should no longer be in business. I have started a claim for reimbursement of delivery charges. I would recommend that this company be avoided at all costs.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed June 23, 2016

This is by far the WORST company to deal with. Dependable Auto Shippers contracts out loads and then won't pay. They are charging customers outrageous amounts but then they don't pay the people who actually do the work!!! Terrible company to use. They overcharge a customer to move a vehicle and then they don't pay the transportation company. They also won't return a phone call at all. Voicemails are full. No one can answer or call back in accounts payable.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 19, 2016

I have used them three times to move my cars across the country. The first time in 2006 it was good - the car arrived on time with good communication from DAS.

The second time in 2014 was ok, but I had to prod them for updates. The third time now (June 1016) was awful. They never gave me an update or responded to my emails and phone calls. The car was dropped off in Torrance on 6/2/16 and not picked up until 6/18/165 with no communication in between. The phone based update system was useless as it just gave a response of "on-time" or "late" and I still don't have the car and it is a 5-hour drive... A total waste of money and really poor customer service.

Reviewed June 11, 2016

We dropped the car off April 30th for a promised arrival date in Boston on May 14th. We specifically asked if this was confirmed several times, since we were meeting the car outside of Boston for a family trip and were depending on it so we would not have to rent a car. Once we paid the fee, there was no communication whatsoever. We called and left messages with no return phone calls. We called the office and spoke with someone who said the car was in NJ and would be there Monday. Monday came and went. Called again. Thursday. Thursday came and went. You get the gist.

The car finally got there at the end of our trip - you guessed it, we had to spend more money to rent a car. I feel completely violated - no communication, horrible service, and please, please do not use them. You will be sorry. They say one thing and they are the LEAST RELIABLE! NEVER again. I would not give them any stars if I could, but ConsumerAffairs require it.

Customer ServiceStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed May 12, 2016

WORST SHIPPING COMPANY EVER!! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. SPEND A LIL MORE MONEY AT ANOTHER COMPANY!! DAS is the worst company I've ever done business with. We dropped off my truck on April 21, 2016 in Jacksonville Florida to Seneca falls NY. The sales rep on phone told me they could get me truck within eight days. After our conversation I tried to call the number back and all my calls was routed to some guy in Los Angeles. I found it odd I couldn't get through to customer service. After 8 days past I didn't wanna complain so I gave them another week. After second week I called customer service and the lady had no idea where my truck was at. I was pissed.

On the 17th day they called me back and told me my truck was in New Jersey I'm like wtf??? 17 days to travel from Jacksonville Florida to New Jersey doesn't make any sense. The customer service said it's gonna take another 5 days for them to drive my truck from New Jersey to Seneca falls NY. It takes 5 hours to drive from New Jersey to Seneca Falls. Today is May 12, 2016 and I still don't have my truck. It's been nearly an entire month they've had my truck. The other day I received an email from stating my truck was in transit and to make preparation to receive the vehicle. I missed work for these people and today I spoke with customer service and filed a complaint. The customer service lady told me they had a driver error and today my truck is still in New Jersey. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKE.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed May 7, 2016

As a serial entrepreneur who has owned several businesses I wanted to take the time and share my experience due to all the negative comments I've read on this site. I've included my DAS order number and receipt so that no one thinks that this is false or that I'm being compensated in any way by DAS. This is an independent review.

I've used DAS four times over the past seven years. The first time was in 2007 when we moved from NJ to TX and we shipped my wife's 2007 Infiniti G35. We chose the drop off service whereby we dropped the car off in Linden, NJ at their facility and picked it up in the Dallas, TX facility. We had no issues with the car being damaged but the service did take longer than expected. However, we misunderstood the process so that was partially our fault (and partially their fault for not explaining it better). Not a big deal.

The second time we used DAS we got a 2007 BMW Z4 Coupe off of Swapalease.com and had DAS pick up the car and drop it off at our house. Again, absolutely no damage to the vehicle and the vehicle arrived on time. In fact, when we traded the lease in the BMW dealer could not believe that there was not a scratch on it given that it had seen two owners and a cross-country transport in an open carrier. The third time we relocated a 1997 Ford Explorer from Florida to Texas. We paid for the door-to-door delivery again and had no issues with damage or delivery time.

This last time was by far the best experience, however. We purchased a used 2013 Range Rover from Pasadena, CA and the dealer told us they would handle the shipping. After several days of not hearing from the dealer we called and they said they had been unable to find a comparable price to what we showed them from DAS and asked that we just ship it ourselves. In a bind I emailed Craig **, the DAS rep who had given me the original quote (and who I had also told previously that I wouldn't need his service due to what the Land Rover dealer told us). He sent me back an email with all the questions I needed to answer (make, model, pick up location, destination, etc.) and after I responded he sent me a quote with options. We chose the door-to-door delivery and the top-load and paid $1,121 (Land Rover wanted almost $2,000 to ship it FYI).

I called DAS automated system, entered my credit card details and paid it over the phone as Craig requested. A few moments later I received a copy of my invoice and Craig updated me with the ETA of 5/9/2016. For the record, it's 5/6/2016 right now while I write this. I received an email this morning stating my car had made it to the Dallas facility and that a driver would schedule with me. I happened to be downtown so I swung by to take a look at the Rover that I has just bought sight unseen. The receptionist was extremely polite and nice and I explained that I had just bought this vehicle sight unseen and I understood that it was going to be delivered Monday but I really wanted to see it. She had one of the guys go into the warehouse, get it off the truck, and drive it out front so I could see it (after offering me a bottle of water).

I couldn't resist taking it home so I asked the guy if I could just take it and he said as long as I inspected it and signed off on the delivery (and didn't want a refund for not using the door-to-door) that I could just drive off with it. So that's exactly what I did. I understand many of you may have had your cars damaged and you have every right to complain. I'd be super pissed if that happened to me. No question about it. However, I've used this company four times and never had an issue with the timing of the shipping - keep in mind that I've almost always paid for door-to-door so that could have something to do with it.

My point is that many complaints are taken out of context. As a business owner I've experienced this first-hand with my own clients. A lot of times it's just an issue of misunderstanding. Misunderstanding the process, misunderstanding the service, or being unforgiving about mistakes. No company is perfect, they all make mistakes. Again, I sympathize with those of you who legitimately have had damaged vehicles or have waited months for your vehicle, really I do. However, I find it hard to believe there are this many negative comments about a company that I've used four times and have never had an issue with. You are absolutely welcome to disagree with me but this is just my experience that I've had; yours certainly may have been different.

Reviewed April 22, 2016

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They have zero customer service. They can't tell you anything. They don't know where your car is when you ask and they are not nice people. They take your money and don't deliver anything. They are the worst company and not sure how they are still in business. PLEASE GO ELSEWHERE. They will be hearing from my lawyer shortly.

Reviewed April 11, 2016

Just read reviews prior to contacting DAS for a shipping. Things must have changed since 2009. In November 2009 my best friend had his Ferrari shipped from Tempe AZ to NJ. Given the good service he received I had my Corvette shipped from NJ to NM. Absolutely no problems and I was very pleased. Given the reviews I read I will pass on DAS at this time. What happened to this once good company?

Reviewed March 13, 2016

I placed an order to transport my car from WA to FL. My car was picked up on DEC 23, 2015 and was to be delivered on JAN 5, 2016. My car left WA on JAN 8, 2016 and arrived GA on JAN 16, 2016. They don't care about customers. They are rude. They never know anything about your car. Every time I called all I got was, "we are working on your car." They lie! I finally found executive contacts on their webpage and emailed everyone on it and finally after 3 times of sending the same email, a man by the name of John ** called me back. After 2 weeks of talking with him, all they offered me is $100 credit, that is an insult to me.

People out there, if you need a car transport company, DO NOT USE DAS!!! If you do and you run into trouble here is the name, email and direct line for John **. You can also email the following people (however you won't get an answer): Mr. ** at ** OR Mrs. Almand at ** OR Mr. ** at ** OR Mr. Roehll at **. I filed a report with BBB and they did not respond to their request. DAS has an F rating with the BBB. Save yourself the trouble of dealing with this company, find someone else or drive yourself to your destination.

Reviewed March 10, 2016

My daughter came home from college on 2/25/16 from Loganville GA. Her car was picked up on the same day. However we have been told from this company "DAS" that the car truck load was in an accident in PA on March the 3rd. We still cannot get any answers on the location, how bad the car is damaged, nothing. PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT USE.

Reviewed Feb. 24, 2016

This was one of the worst experience of my life. It was all good until my vehicle was picked up. I've called several times to see when my vehicle is arriving, the answer that I got was always that "my vehicle is on schedule." Customer service was not willing to provide any detail, which I couldn't understand why. So, I decided to stop calling and just wait until the day they promised to deliver my vehicle. I didn't get any call that day, so I called the company. They are saying that my vehicle shipment has been delayed and will require extra 2 days.

They didn't seem sorry about the fact that they did not call me about the delay. Then, I had to go through all the hassles to get a rental car. Then right after I get a rental car, I got a call that the vehicle is actually here. It was a great waste of my time and the most unhappy experience since I relocated mainly due to indifferent customer service representative. I absolutely want to give no points for this company but I'm giving one point for the fact that my vehicle got here eventually.

Customer ServiceDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2016

I went to "Edmunds.com" and saw that they recommend Dependable Auto Shippers for car shipment. Man, I was wrong and for sure "edmunds.com" is also wrong. I shipped my car from Delaware to CA and the salesman "Graig" mentioned the move will take 7 to 10 days. They picked the car on promised date. However, 7 days passed and they said it will take 14 days. 14 days passed and now they say it will take 21 days but still no guarantee. The answer of the customer service, "You have no guaranteed delivery." Can you trust anyone in this business? I will never recommend this company from my initial experience and I do not know how this is going to end.

Reviewed Jan. 14, 2016

Well, they are not very "dependable" as the company's name suggests. I had a rather unpleasant experience with their insurance. My car was shipped from WA to OH. It looked fine on the body when I received it. A month later, when I took it for an oil change, the service department showed me extensive damage in the car's underbody. They mentioned this damage could have been caused while the vehicle was being lifted onto the truck or being taken down. I contacted DAS and they refused my claim on the basis of two points - 1) The underbody of a car is not inspected before and/or after shipment; 2) The problem was reported a month later. I explained the reason I didn't report earlier was no observable problem with my driving the car. Hence I didn't have to take it to any service station, until my scheduled oil change. I also had an oil change done immediately before shipping the car where no such issue was reported.

I obviously did not cause the damage myself. My point of writing this review is to make future customers aware of this policy of not inspecting the vehicle's underbody. If possible, get it inspected and take pictures yourself before shipping, and do the same as soon as you receive the car. Based on their no. 1 point of rejecting my claim, maybe they still won't agree to yours, but you'll have a stronger case to make. And oh yes, may I say not a very warm customer service experience either.

PriceDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Jan. 11, 2016

The company was contracted to ship my truck from AZ, USA to St John, USVI. They received a wire transfer (pre-payment) for the cost of shipping my truck. When the truck arrived in the Virgin Islands I went to pick it up. I had a receipt from DAS (bill of lading) showing that DAS had paid the shipping cost to the shipping company. They actually had not paid the cost of shipping even though they had been paid 45 days earlier. My truck was not released to me. DAS told me to go ahead and pay the shipping cost and they would reimburse me (right - they really think I'm a fool). DAS finally paid the shipping company, 3 days later, only after being threatened with legal action. Buyer beware. They are crooks and thieves. Will take your money.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Jan. 6, 2016

My car - lexus RX- should've been delivered from PA to WA in 10-14 days from Dec 9, 2015, as the sales person Brandon said. Today is Jan 6th, 2016, it is still sitting in PA. I am now in WA, not knowing whether they are doing the job, the status of my car. Of course they charged my card over $1300 on dec 9. Now I am begging them to get my car back and my money.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Dec. 21, 2015

These guys should NOT even have a business license. 3 weeks late and my car was damaged. Along with this, my gas was siphoned and my USB Powerpoint stolen. STAY AWAY FROM THESE INCOMPETENTS!!!

Reviewed Nov. 25, 2015

Un-Dependable Auto Shippers! One of the worst experiences I have ever had. How can this company be allowed to operate? I am disgusted at their customer service or lack of it. No words can describe how bad this company is. They were even recommended to me by a corporate relocation company. Thank the Lord the only saving grace is that I am so thankful that our car was not damaged in the process. After reading all the nightmare reviews I am happy to get our car intact.

It was picked up Nov. 2 in NJ and delivered to us in Chicago on 11/24 all for the BARGAIN price of $778. What a complete RIPOFF! Our car stayed in NJ until Nov. 22 and customer service was dire. Rude people and absolute disregard for the customer. I am totally shocked why the Federal Trade Commission has not come down hard on this dishonest company. They should be blacklisted and boycotted.

I had spent dozens and dozens of phone calls wasting my time trying to get answers and all I got was unsympathetic "We know how you feel" phony responses. The Linden, NJ terminal is USELESS as was the dispatcher who never returned her calls or even dispatched our car. Communication was abysmal at best! There are no adjectives strong enough to describe this dreadful excuse for an auto transport company.

Please listen to the reviews and stay far away from them. I wish I would have read up on this company as I would NEVER have given them my hard-earned money to give me the complete runaround for 3 weeks. I could go on and on describing how awful my experience was. Their business practice should be deemed unethical.

Price

Reviewed Nov. 24, 2015

We made the mistake of leaving things in the car and paid the consequences. A valuable item was stolen and they basically said though, the contract said they were not responsible. 4 weeks and high price plus the theft. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Reviewed Nov. 23, 2015

They have had my vehicle for 3 weeks and it is still in New Jersey and I am shipping it to Oregon. They have no idea when it will arrive. For almost $2000 this is ridiculous.

Reviewed Nov. 4, 2015

Had a car shipped from TX to NY and it was damaged along the way. There was a large chip in the front bumper, chip in the lower side, and long scratches across the paint clear coat from something being dragged across it. As instructed I went to a local auto body shop and got an estimate. The damage was almost $1,500, and I submitted that claim to DAS. They said in an email that I would be paid, minus a $250 insurance deductible, since they admitted to doing the damage as the car was perfect before shipping. They have since refused to pay and have ignored my case for over 4 months!

Do not trust them with your car! I'm just happy my car arrived in one piece at this point. This company is so untrustworthy that I could see them dropping a car off the trailer or losing it and still never paying the customer what is owed them. I signed a contract with DAS, and they have decided to ignore their responsibilities. One of the worst experiences I've ever had with a company. I can't believe they are still in business with how they treat customers. Don't risk shipping your car with them!

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Oct. 18, 2015

I had requested a quote to get my motorcycle transported from West to East PA. Even though I used the DAS website, I ended up with a quote from a company called ETS (E Transport Solutions, Inc.), which is apparently doing business in California. Quote looked good so I followed the instructions and faxed (yes, it asked me to send a FAX message in 2015!) the requested information. A week passed by and I didn't hear anything. I called and a guy named Nick ** told me that everything was set. 2 days before the move I called again, and spoke with the same guy - I still had not received any confirmation. Nick told me again not to worry, and yes, the bike would be picked up as scheduled.

The next day - day before moving day - I called again and told Nick that I usually get contacted with a scheduled time window for the next day. Again, Nick assured me that everything has been set. I told him that I never received an order number. "That is strange" Nick said, "let me send you that again". He did send me an e-mail - with the original quote. Sounds like Nick doesn't know the difference between a quote and an order. Needless to say, on the moving day nobody showed. I called, and Nick referred to his boss who would call me in 5 minutes. I called about 45 minutes later to be told by the boss that "he's working on it," and that "your bike will be picked up at the latest on Friday, uhm, yes, that's tomorrow." Never heard back from them. So now I have pay to fly from KS to PA just to wait for another transportation company (which of course will not be DAS), and pay for a night in the hotel. Thanks for absolutely nothing DAS!

Reviewed Oct. 2, 2015

While our experience with scheduling, getting quotes, and initial set-up and payment was great - 5 stars, our car was delivered with damage. The customer service from post drop off has been about the worst I've ever encountered. DAS has a technicality to account for everything. Example: Though you say your license plate was ripped off during transit, causing loss of plate, plate mount and various points of damage to the bumper, there is no proof that you had a plate on the car at the time of pick-up, so we must deny that part of the claim.

On top of it all, we've had periods of multiple weeks in which our emails and phone calls were not returned. After a 20 minute phone call after not hearing from DAS for 5 weeks, I was told that talking to me on the phone was bending over backwards for us. Isn't talking to customers on the phone normal service for a customer service rep? Frustrating to say the least. If you choose DAS, protect yourself with as much photo documentation at time of pick up as possible.

Customer ServiceStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Sept. 2, 2015

We dropped off our car at the DAS terminal in Virginia on June 3. Our car finally arrived in Oregon on July 2. So it took DAS 29 days to ship the car for a fee of $1720. The car was incredibly dirty and the tires were partially flattened because the car had been idle for so long. When I talked to DAS in late June, I was told that the car sat in the Virginia terminal for 3 weeks without even being loaded onto a truck. Moreover, for about one week in late June, no one at DAS could even tell me where the car was and when it would arrive in Oregon. During this time, I got several automated messages from DAS that provided misleading or incorrect information on the status of the car shipment.

It is absolutely unacceptable that it took 29 days to ship our car. And it is absolutely unacceptable that DAS didn't even know what was going on for several weeks. I have complained about this to a DAS person by phone and in an email to the salesperson, and I have also submitted an online survey describing the problems we have had but DAS has not even bothered to reply.

Punctuality & SpeedDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Aug. 5, 2015

I have used DAS multiple times over multiple years and had fantastic results. I have shipped a BMW, a Porsche, a couple of Honda CR-Vs and a Ford Escape. The only issues were the cars tended to show up early and the last one the spare key was melted. I will acknowledge that the customer services offered have changed, no online satellite tracking of shipments and the delivery windows are none existent. But overall, I have loved their service.

Reviewed July 27, 2015

I never wrote a review before but their service made me write it. My car shipping went through my company and they literally stole the tyre and the tyre pressure monitoring kit along with some personal stuff. STAY AWAY.

Reviewed July 17, 2015

I had the worst service ever experienced. My car took 22 days from pick up in California to delivery in Massachusetts. It was delivered damaged and after a month of haggling they offered to pay only half of the fee for repair even though I had their driver sign that they damaged the car in transportation. When I called to complain, their representative was quick to inform me that I could not touch them. Per their contract, I can only sue them in Texas or in Federal court. Six weeks and I still don't have my damage check. STAY AWAY FROM DAS. Push your car, pull it behind a mule or ditch it by the roadside. Do all this but keep it way from these ignoramuses!

Reviewed July 7, 2015

A ton of issues started with DAS from shipment till delivery. Finally, it was delivered with damage. They agreed to pay 50% of what was quoted by the repair shop but they are not settling the amount in spite of daily follow-ups. It is really frustrating. I will be ending-up with a legal case. I strongly advise to not go with them.

Reviewed July 6, 2015

My four vehicles were picked up on time on 6/19/2015. The vehicles were scheduled for delivery on 7/6/2015, but arrived early on 7/2/2015. Upon inspecting the vehicles, two had some damages to them that were reviewed by the delivery person, but he tried to state that these were prior damages. After making him review the checklist on pickup, there were no damages noted. He tried to make us sign the delivery forms without having to note any damages, to which we refused. After he finally wrote up all of the damages on the delivery sheet, he told us to file a claim.

I called our rep from DAS on 7/6/2015, but have not received a call back. One vehicle had most of the gas taken out of it when it was delivered. It was originally picked up with fuel indicating just between a quarter and half a tank. My rear view camera was damaged and was bent to the left on its mounting bracket. There is several chips in the paint on the rear bumper just below the rear view camera. The center console was ransacked and the contents of the console was laying on the back seat. The radio was tuned to a Fort Worth station and there were boot prints on the rear seat. I am going to start the process of filing a claim, but after reading the reviews on DAS, I doubt anything will come of it.

Reviewed June 16, 2015

Dependable Auto Shippers is anything but dependable! They are a scam and I would advise using anyone but them. There is legitimate reason that they are not BBB accredited and have over 220 BBB complaints. 111 that they haven't even responded to! Well they are about to get another. I had hired them to ship my car from California to Colorado. This drive took me one day but took them two weeks to ship my car which was of course outside of their planned window. They will tell you they don't guarantee dates though unless you pay more so that gets them out of this. Then when my car arrived I instantly noticed damage to the rear that looked like they had used straps that cut into and creased my bumper cover. This caused body and paint damage.

When I pointed it out the woman took pictures and said you need to file with our claims department for that. This I did and they had told me I must send them more photos although they took their own and do all the leg work to get estimates and send it to them for processing. After doing all this myself I was told by the so called claims adjuster ** that they agree they damaged my car and I would be receiving payment for the damages minus their insurance deductible of $250 in 30-45 days? Wait what? You damage my car and I have to pay your deductible and wait forever? That's right they put that in the fine print on the page you sign after you've dropped your car off.

So time passes and after two months of hearing nothing I ask the adjuster for a status update. She then proceeds to tell me that she is not in the accounting department, has no connection to them and is not even allowed to know when or how payments are made but she will send an internal message in regards to this. Another week goes by and I hear nothing.

I then request her supervisor's name and get ** who I have called and emailed too many times to count along with ** over the last two weeks and neither will respond at all or answer any calls or emails. At this point I had had enough and emailed the supervisor again letting him know I will have to turn this over to my attorney since they admit damaging the car and refuse to even so much as tell me when they would be paying for it. Oh what do you know I finally get a response saying he has escalated this up to the VP of finance and I will get the check number and shipping info right away! Sounds pretty official! Well a week later still no update and he will not answer or return my calls and neither will the adjuster.

I feel they just try to wear you down and hope you will give up never intending to pay for damages that they caused even after admitting fault. At this point I am filing with the BBB (not that DAS cares), posting a few more complaints (hoping to help others) and having my attorney file suit against them to finally get what is owed to me. Unfortunately for them I am not one to be taken advantage of and with all of the email proof that they owe me they don't have a chance getting away with this. PLEASE TAKE THIS WARNING AND AVOID DAS!!!

Reviewed June 1, 2015

I inquired about a motorcycle transfer with "sales" and the man I talked with was absolutely unacceptable. After asking him a simple question that would have taken but a few seconds to answer, he answered, "Don't even worry about it. I don't mean to be rude, (but he obviously was meaning to be rude) but you are wasting my time and the time of my company, so I am going to go now." My jaw dropped to the floor at how extremely inappropriate his reaction was to my honest question.

I would not do business with this company if my life depended on it. And by the looks of every other review ever posted about this company, I would highly recommend you stay away from them if you are reading this. I'm surprised at how this company is even still in business with their lack of basic customer service skills and by the looks of the other reviews, a lack of performance. Sincerely, A very dissatisfied customer who will never use this service or recommend it.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed June 1, 2015

On May 10th of 2015, I went online and browsed for a auto shipper out of Denver, Colorado to Tampa, Florida. First quote was $1026.00 & then I get a call from DAS. He tells me that it will be $1346.00 & that the price quoted was another company, not DAS. Prior to making payment, he assured me that it would take 7-10 days for delivery & I received my truck on 6/1/15. I emailed ** several times inquiring about whereabouts of my truck, but he never replied. I called customer service three times, they promised to let me know when my truck was arriving & the information I got was 3 emails letting me know that my truck was in route to Tampa, but no delivery date given. Their name shouldn't be Dependable, it should Shysters Auto Delivery Thieves.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed April 21, 2015

My wife and I used "Dependable" Auto Shippers for our recent move across the United States. I saw the negative reviews when I was shopping, but I ignored them. I hope that you do not do the same. This was literally the worst customer service experience of my life. I scheduled for our vehicle to be picked up prior to our departure. The driver showed up after the scheduled window of time, but before we flew out. They picked our car up on March 27th. The quoted delivery window in our destination city was 4/3 to 4/7.

On 4/7, our vehicle had still not been delivered. I contacted ** (who had been our sales rep) to see if we could get an update on our vehicle. I left multiple voicemails and sent 2 e-mails, but did not receive any response from ** or DAS. On the 4/10, I called and selected the "sales" department from their automated system. To my surprise, ** answered. At this point, I was frustrated because it was obvious that he had been ignoring my calls and e-mails. I maintained my composure and asked him for an update on our vehicle. He responded with, "You mean you don't have it yet? It should have been there like a week ago." He said he wasn't sure on its location, but that he'd give me a call back. Of course, he did not call me back on the date and time that he promised, so I called him and got a hold of him again by selecting "sales." This time he informed me that the car hadn't even left the origination city.

I was shocked that a full 14 days after our car was picked up, it was still sitting back in the same city where they had picked it up. I quickly realized that this is how they are able to guarantee pick up dates. This was one of the few reasons that I chose this company -- because they could guarantee the date of pick-up. Between April 10th and the 17th, I contacted DAS 3 times for an update on my location. As I had explained to them, we were renting a car and because we weren't getting updates, we were renting the car a few days at a time, foolishly thinking that our vehicle would arrive shortly. This was more expensive than it should have been. Had I known that it was going to take 3 weeks, I would have rented the car for 3 weeks and saved about $250. Still, none of my 3 calls were returned, and both of my e-mails were also ignored.

Finally, out of desperation, I tracked down the name of the company receiving our vehicle and contacted them. They placed me on a brief hold and contacted the driver who informed them that he would be arriving on the 18th. It took a 3rd party company less than 3 minutes to give me what I had been asking DAS for (a delivery estimate) since 4/7. The receiving company here in Seattle was excellent and delivered my car to our new home on the 20th -- 2 weeks after our promised delivery window.

During this time, we spend $800 on a rental vehicle -- $600 of which was spent after the promised delivery window. When I asked DAS about reducing our delivery fee in some way to help accommodate us for the extra 13 day wait, they said that they do not offer reimbursements or credits. This is by far the worst company I have dealt with. Our family travels and moves frequently for work and I've dealt with probably every shipping scenario you can imagine, and this was BY FAR the worst experience we have had.

To date, I have maintained my composure and have not disrespected or raised my voice in any way to the DAS staff. I have calmly and respectively explained to them our situation, our experience, and how it differs greatly from the experience that was promised by their salesperson, **. We strongly advise you against using this company, and judging by the other reviews here and elsewhere -- we are not alone. While I can't promise you that you will have a better experience than I did, I can't imagine that it will be any worse.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 8, 2015

My son's s500 Mercedes was delivered to our new home. The driver dropped the car without check for damage. As he was trying to leave my wife asked about a dent on the trunk. He told her to call the office and left. My wife called and they said “take a picture and send it in”. After I got home I realized the antenna on the rear roof had damage as well. I was told to take pictures and send it in.

After 2 weeks they called and stated they will only pay for the trunk. I asked why? The answer I got was “not my call that's from upstairs”. The car was delivered on December 31st. As of today April 8th I have not received the payment for the damage to our car. I call or email on a weekly basis. The same answer. “Not my job I will look into it”. I would never recommend this company to anyone. If your car is damaged they will not pay and treat you like crap. They had no problem billing me on time. What a joke!!

Reviewed March 31, 2015

Today is March 31st, 2015. My father **, a repeat customer who has used your company two times prior for corporate moves of $30,000 plus in total, came to you a third time to move my car from Pennsylvania to Seattle. **, the sales agent required him to pay in FULL and said the car would be picked up on 3/22. The car has STILL not been picked up for transport and when I called customer service initially I was connected with **. ** was apathetic, uninterested and unmoved by my request for information about my car. She initially said there was no "comfort" on the order and could not release information to a "third party." She did not utilize common sense to ask what my last name was, to identify myself as his daughter, or check the copy of the title, which DAS has, and has my full name on it. Nonetheless, I overlooked her unprofessionalism and laziness, and connected her with my father.

She told him "Well we give estimates, but nothing is guaranteed," which is either erroneous, because it conflicts with the information ** gave us or a flat lie on her part due to lack of knowledge or just trying to shaft us. Either way, she was rude, disrespectful (she hung up on me TWICE, when I asked her to stop speaking over me because it was rude and I was still asking my question) and hellbent on being not only no kind of resource for information or customer service. I would encourage you to poll the recorded calls and see exactly what I'm referencing.

I called back a third time and tried to remind her that our conversations were recorded, and that she should work to control her emotions and behavior so that she not lose her job simply because she couldn't treat a customer with respect and simply social courtesy (that is being quiet and listening when someone is speaking, rather than just asserting unintelligible, unrelated, unhelpful nonsense). She seemed much more inclined to actually cooperate once I reminded her of this. I was able to get from her that my car is "estimated" to arrive on April 6th, and if it does not arrive by the 16th, ten days after, and four weeks after booking (so an additional two PAST what we were quoted, and paid $1700 in full for) then we could "potentially *look into* some sort of compensation." Those were her words. No commitment to action, no ownership or accountability over horrendous behavior or wrong doing or unprofessionalism.

This whole interaction without a doubt has been extremely horrendous and I will make sure that any and everyone knows about this despicable behavior on your end, via Yelp, Google Reviews and Social Media. I will also be filing a complaint with the BBB, and if the car *doesn't* arrive by the 6th, we will call our bank and let them know the payment needs to be reversed as it was unauthorized by a fraudulent business.

Reviewed Feb. 25, 2015

Set up an early pickup date so that vehicle would arrive within the delivery window. It's been 5 days and 1 of the 2 vehicle is still not here. Called the local towing company that has our vehicle and said they would call us this afternoon to setup a time for delivery in which they already had the vehicle since yesterday (Lakewood towing in Washington). Due to this, we had to rent multiple vehicles from Illinois and Washington multiple times which was an added expense.

Staff

Reviewed Feb. 11, 2015

DAS came recommended from a family member. When my vehicle arrive at the destination port I discovered that the electronic rear view mirror was detached and sitting in the passenger front seat with the electrical wires hanging down. I notified the clerk. She apologized profusely and explained that they are not DAS but only serve as a storage ground for cars that are transported to the area. She said when the vehicle was delivered the rear view mirror was in the front seat and to contact DAS.

I called DAS and notified them of the damage. I receive an email from Tiffany ** asking for some basic information so that DAS can have some claim forms sent out to me with further instructions. I filled out the form and was assigned an adjuster, Jessica **. After "reviewing" my claim I was notified that DAS doesn't cover damage to the interior of the car. Unbelievable! I wish they would have been upfront instead of making it appear as if they were actually evaluating my claim. There was clearly damage to my vehicle during transport and they were unwilling to take any responsibility or ownership for it.